Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Tch'ah

Whiz, zoom, hram, shwip! Black beads beat through the above-the-ground, and the slime carefully traced their paths with its eyes. A pinch of uncertainty trickled cold; those things were fast, and the slime was not sure if it could catch even one. Well... the slime had no reason to fear failure as an unknown, so it steeled itself to make a brave leap at the group. Snap! went its mouth, but then plush dirt was what it tasted instead as it landed headfirst on the ground. The slime was not very good at precise movements, not like those erratic specks were. If only there were a way to make them move into its mouth instead of having to launch itself at them! Or, the slime considered as an afterthought, improve the slime's own balance.

...The slime pondered on this more seriously. The many specks did not seem much disturbed by the slime's pitiful leap, and indeed seemed to remain in the general area for quite a while, so perhaps the slime had some time for self-improvement. Indeed, it thought more assuredly, the slime would become the most adept of bouncers! So it purposefully needed, and used both the information and energy retrieved from its most recent acquisition to begin growing a lump at its butt.

(Forming a mouse tail.)

((I went to an isolated cabin in Canada and forgot about this. Sorry. With no further ado, I give you... a post!))

@Selim: For some reason, the slime was able to tell that the things it was looking at were things that probably shouldn't be where they were, but they were there. Round things, with funny shapes sticking out of them, almost like some kind of skin that made things not hurt when they touched it. More things, also round things, near it. Set in a line. A line that curved. What... was this? There were a few shiny things, which were too difficult to look at now, sitting near the inorganic-looking round curve-line things.

The Slime scooted forward towards these round things. They were covered in spikey things. The slime began to shift it's body over onto these things. There was something that the slime might be missing, but it wasn't smart enough to known about that. It began tasting these new things to see if they were organic or not. It also tried to inspect it with it's eyes, which the slime found were coming in handy.

Edited by Evil sethoss

((Very sorry about my continued absence, I have had rather a lot on my mind with settling into college and all that. I should hopefully be more active now.))

Despite her best efforts to follow the trail, Zeditha's wings slowly grew tired, and she gradually slowed until she could no longer sense it. She continued flying though, scanning the ground in hopes of finding her companions. There hadn't been any sign for a while, and she was getting hungry...

Wait! What was that? It looked like a movement, coming from a hard-looking thing over a brown lump of ground. It was covered a pleap of different, interesting things - just the perfect place for a slime to forage. Perhaps it was Runner or Small?

Glad for the chance to rest, Zeditha angled her wings towards the pleap and, instinct taking over somewhat, dived right onto the source of the movement. However, when she hit the ground (sinking in slightly, something she found... unpleasant) she discovered that her friends were nowhere in sight. Instead, the movement had been several small, squeaky, running things that were searching for food in this place. Figuring that they were food, and she was hungry, she snapped up the one she'd pinned and hunted out a few more. She also discovered a few other things among the random organic-and-inorganic mush; a long, thin thing with a soft inside that seemed to be split open and emptied, a broken piece of something hard that was covered with a see-through layer of something tough, and a few other bits of mush that seemed to be mostly organic.

Hunger sated for now, but still annoyed at the loss of her friends, Zeditha looked around for something else to do.

Edited by Zeditha

OOC @ Raptor: Yep, it's fine. You can evolve in one of two ways- a small amount of hard points, or almost the right amount of floppy uselessness (for the most part). It's basically "useless because its too small or useless because its too weak" and then advance it from there.

@Evil Sethoss: Got the wrong part. Most recent stuff with you is page 53:

Selim

The slime was still for the longest time. It had been... afraid for itself. This experience had taught it something very important. The world was not a safe place. It was full of dangerous things. The slime would have to be more careful in the future. Now to assess the current situation. It could see, it was under rancid liquid, and it had something in it. The latter was most worrisome. Something was in the slime without its permission.

It slowly wiggled out of the liquid and onto the grainy inorganic. It looked around, seeing only massive hills of what it supposed was the grain. It looked behind itself and saw a shifting body of what it thought must be liquid. There were solids on top and the liquid appeared to be inconsistent with its coloring with some deeper hues. It also saw something that was not liquid or grAin. It slithered over towards it to take a closer look. There appeared to be a path of the gel on the ground.

@Selim: The liquid moved up. Whenever the ground moved up from the landscape's up-and-down parts, the liquid stayed above it. Strange. Everything was though, so maybe this was moving wet. It had moved before when it was falling from the up all over the slime. Maybe this was the source. There were other things, stick-up things, which, when the slime moved into the dark area attached to them, felt colder. More comfortable.

-------------------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: The bigger hard broken piece was jagged and cut part of the slime's inside of its food-transporting part between its eater and big inside part, whatever it referred to those parts as. But it went down with a little work. Unfortunately, some sort of... something effected the slime starting from the scratch, making it feel harder. The feeling started spreading out... the slime knew what this meant.

@Tch'ah: That was going to take some getting used to. Even at this point, the slime's new part extended its awareness of its surroundings behind itself further than it had felt before, and it was somewhat disorienting. But it wasn't that bad. The slime had wanted this, and would have to get used to it. While it *poit*... okay the *zip*... well, one of the black things landed on the slime, right on one of its eyes, but then it picked itself up and started zipping around again.

@Dewdrop: Whatever it was that the slime did, it seemed to work- or serendipity did (but that was beyond the slime). The way the wet was moving, and the altered shape of the slime, worked together to make a tiny eddy in the water, making the string finally be catchable! It tasted... it didn't taste good at all. Its organic nature demanded the slime not turn it away though. Even better, is there seemed to be chunks attached along the string, though they didn't seem to be big chunks.

@Celiysetherri: (unlocked: jalepeno, bleu cheese veins) The slime noticed that it was sinking into the organic not because of its density, but because the slime's contact with it was dissolving it! The slime only realized it was hungry when the tasty organic started dissolving and its mass started to incorporate into the slime.

Zeditha clacked a few times in annoyance; this would leave her hungry. She pounced on the nearest running-squeaker, ate it, then huddled herself underneath the rest of the thing the broken part was from to wait for the feeling to pass.

Edited by Zeditha

Dewdrop

The slime reached out and grabbed the string! It was a start as it kept reaching out to the string to absorb it. It soon felt a chunk that was attached to the string. The little slime pressed itself onto the chunk and absorbed all it could.

((My brain hurts from trying to learn how to read this.))

Selim

The slime decided that this gel was something worth following. It might lead to other organics, which the slime was hungry for. It followed the trail onward until it reached something different.

Tch'ah

How funny! The organic was bouncing itself on the slime! Slime was amused at this likening between the organic and itself, which clearly were not the same, and so was a silly joke. Or perhaps the joke was not that good. Clearly jokes were not meant for dwelling on, else they became un-funny and distracting. The slime shook itself when the move-through-air-tinyspeck landed again, then decided to try to play its game. If the flying-thingy boinked itself close again, then the slime would simply try to interrupt its path with a chomp! Its new appendage twitched at the anticipation.

Celiysetherri

The slime continued to absorb the organic; it needed this stuff. The slime kept absorbing the organic and sensed that there was slowly starting to be more of itself. There was something it could do once it absorbed enough of the organic. The slime started on the process slowly, gathering itself together from the awkward spread out position it had been in. At one end, the slime started to gather up a pair of small lumps.

(forming scaly-foot gastropod antennae)

((OOC: Sorry for my absence; I had a small case of writer's block, and I was distracted by the change in the forum as well.))

ASTER

Now that its sense of feeling had returned a bit, as well as its vision, Aster tried to reassure itself of its surroundings again. Everything looked more or less the same as before the slime had lost its vision, except that Small had moved a bit . . . and Aster could now see some inorganic objects nearby it. The other slime must have found them while Aster was out. Aster had seen inorganic objects similar to the ones near Small before, and those objects had had organic inside them. Maybe these objects would too. Aster was hungry . . . but it also could feel something else inside of it, like something was forming. Now that the slime thought of it, hadn't it had the same feeling before it had expelled that shiny? Did that mean that the slime was going to get another shiny? Having shinies come out of it like that was painful, but maybe it was worth it if it came from inside the slime. Aster hadn't understood that, last time.

The slime would have to wait and see to see if a shiny actually came out, though. In the meantime, it should eat. Gingerly lifting its functioning legs so as not to accidentally harm its still-unfeeling body, Aster slowly began to move over to where Small was. The slime could only take very small steps, as even though standing with no feeling in its body had been easy, walking was very difficult without being able to feel its tail to keep balance, but the slime was getting there.

OOC @ Zeditha: So, normally because of size difference you wouldn't unlock anything from the rat, but you've been snacking on them constantly and gotten unlocks from multiple occasions so that's why you got something this time.

@Avialae: Other players told me the same thing.

OOC @ Everyone: I was writing updates early this week, but couldn't finish because they were fumigating my apartment and I didn't wanna put passwords in all over a public computer. I'm back now, though.

Also, Halloween is a holiday that Azure Wyrm celebrates! I'm on the East Coast of the United States, GMT-5. Using my time zone, on October 29 at 11:59 PM until November 1 at 12:01 AM, you can qualify for an event reward. On page 1 I have the link to my site with event information, so you can tell what kind of general classifications there are to choose from (Trick or Treat). Request it in the thread or in PM or on Facebook messenger or through my Skype. If you post within the event time, you qualify and I'll figure out a way to get the request to you.

P.S. I'm not trying to be so inactive; my current health declined and its hard to stay awake more than two hours a day. Trying to fix it.

-------------------------------------------------

@Tch'ah: *squish* The slime was bombarded by a flying speck that rammed into it, instead of landing gently like it had done before. It wasn't very big, but at least it was organic. There were a bunch of... what? What was happening around the slime? There were other little things all over now, that seemed to come from no where?

@Selim: Disgusting! The slime found where the gel was coming from, but it didn't seem to make sense since it went along the ground and up a slight incline. The gel was... the rotten remains of some sort of mixed organic something, that had liquefied, and then congealed afterward. But at least it found organics, and multiple types, which was what it intended... right?

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: blue whale skeleton) The slime found something quite good! The chunk wasn't all that difficult to absorb, despite its size or density, like it was... partially absorbed from before the slime even found it, somehow. The string continued, but it didn't feel like it had more chunks on it.

@Zeditha: (pack rat tail) The slime didn't know its own size, apparently. The small creature didn't slide down its throat, but it was able to fit it inside in chunks, as it tore it in half and swallowed those. The broken thing (if the slime was right in what the piece was from) didn't have an area big enough for the slime to effectively hide under, though that didn't stop it from trying.

@Aster: The slime fell on its face, and felt inside itself when it did. There wasn't another shiny growing inside it, but just the new... thing that made liquidy things inside it. But there were so many slimes around earlier, but now where had they gone? Small wasn't even visible. Had it gone somewhere? There were hard inner parts sticking out of the dead giant creature, so...

@Celiysetherri: (unlocked: balsa wood, pimento, cheese, bull horns) The slime had absorbed enough of the tasty organic that the hunger its growth generated wasn't that much, since it was still digesting. But as it grew it, it could feel something- the air moved towards it, and it felt really cold! Whatever it was that was doing that, the slime couldn't know. But at least it was a thing to follow or avoid, giving the slime a sense of what to do next since most of the organic was gone now.

((Ghost Pepper candy-- I'd love to have some Naga Jolokia power, make my slime taste ridiculously spicy.))

Tch'ah

The slime was unafraid. These little specks were acting like they were... attacking? Play-acting? But obviously slime was so much bigger than these things, it was silly-funny-amusing that they were hitting it with all of their feeble might. Maybe the slime would just observe them for a while- ouch! Hey, that pinched! The little things were pinching the slime, biting it with their stupid whatevers, and that was not okay. Slime rolled to trap and absorb some of them as punishment; more landed on top of or pelted themselves at the slime again. The slime was, nevertheless, grumpy and wary, even though they each waited before trying their impetuous nibbles. Yes, slime was earning (tiny) amounts of organic, but to slime's thinking, the reward was not proportionate to the irritation.

((Jelly Beans- I would love it if something tries to bite into Dewdrop, the predator will have a 50/50 chance of tasting either watermelon or smelly socks (or something different of Dewdrop's will))

Dewdrop

The smile absorbed some more of the string to see if it could find anymore chunks, but quickly got bored and set off to find something new. The new thing it had moved around to see if it could poke into something new. The string had bothered the slime a bit; it had been absorbed before the slime got to it. What had absorbed it? Could there be another slime out here in the vast wetness? Oh well, the slime couldn't be bother with such things. All it wanted to right now was more food...and to grow.

((Trick please, something to make a fire breath weapon possible eventually. Or you can just surprise me; that works too.))

Celiysetherri

The slime continued to grow the extensions that something inside it told the slime it needed, no longer really focusing on absorbing more organic-food-things. By the time the antennae were finished growing, most of the food-thing was gone and it was getting hard to find the rest of it. When a current of cold air passed over the slime, the slime oozed toward the new cold thing, looking for more food-things. It might not be particularly hungry now, but something told the slime that it would need more food-things.

[[finishing antennae and the nerves/brain to use them, in theory this should produce a basic sense of smell, before going to investigate the cold thing]] {{She probably looks a lot like a large eyeless slug at the moment.}}

Edited by Dragonmage

((OOC: Are wild almonds OK? They aren't used in candy, but the domesticated ones don't have cyanide in them - bad for humans, but good for slimes.))

Aster pushed its legs and feet forward, trying to get in a standing position again, but the fact that its body was still partially recovering from being unresponsive made the slime unable to do so. Aster could only hope that it hadn't damaged anything when it fell.

The slime was disappointed to realize that another shiny wasn't forming inside of it, but more pressing concerns quickly overtook its mind, as it realized that while it had diverted its attention from the other slime, Small had disappeared as well. It had been a very long time since Aster had been alone, and with the slime relatively helpless at the moment, it did not like being that way. Aster let out a loud, long call with both high and low tones (mixture of cassowary and mountain lion) which when used by its original owners was meant to announce its presence. Aster was aware that the other, less friendly slimes around might hear its call too, but it was too upset right now to care too much, as the slime made furrows in the soft ground around its feet and legs as it continued to try to get up, without much success.

Zeditha decided that, while she waited for the feeling to completely pass, she would make a small change to her tail - to make it like the small running-squeakers', with more fur, and longer. She tried to move the thing above her upwards, and it shifted a tiny bit, allowing her to wriggle further under it (although not by a lot). This seemed good enough.

With her tail morphing and the feeling still building, she waited.

Edited by Zeditha

Selim

The slime approached these congealed organics slowly. It slowly moved closer to them, and looked closer at it with the seeing thingys. It also tried to taste some of it. It tasted bitter, but there was also some sweet in there. It tried to absorb some, but cautiously, just in case it was dangerous.

OOC @ Dragonmage & Raptor of Dragons: Thanks for your PMs! I did screw up. I fixed the Big File. Celiysetherri gains unlocks accidentally given to Dewdrop; Dewdrop loses them.

Dewdrop: Beach, ate rotten remains of blue whale that beached itself. Corpse is nowhere nearby but some of its remains are.

Celiysetherri: Sewer. Ate party platter of cheese as well as some toothpicks. There were various cheese types.

Event Information!

-requests- -who- -when- valid? (between Oct 30 11:59 PM EST & Nov 1 12:01 AM EST)

-None yet, will decide later- Zeditha - Oct 31 10:21 AM EST - qualified

-Treat: salt water taffy- Evil Sethoss- Nov 1 12:23 PM EST - not qualified

-none stated- Dragonmage - Nov 1 12:37 AM EST - not qualified

-Trick: Fire breath materials- Dragonmage - Oct 31 12:10 AM EST - qualified

-none stated- Raptor of Dragons - Nov 1 4:57 AM EST - not qualified

-Treat: Jelly beans- Raptor of Dragons - Oct 30 7:32 PM EST - not qualified

-Treat: ghost pepper candy- Emeelia - Oct 30 3:17 PM EST - not qualified

-Trick: wild almonds- Avialae - Oct 31 5:29 PM EST- qualified

-none stated- Lakashi - Oct 31 11:38 PM EST - qualified

-none stated- Donkeymonsterz- Oct 30 1:42 PM EST - not qualified

-none stated- Chloecat194- Oct 29 11:49 AM EST - not qualified

So I've got a few qualifying requests, written for the slime, not player:

Aster: Trick: Wild Almonds

Zeditha: (to be decided)

Celiysetherri: Trick: Something to help unlock fire breath

Baschorn: (to be decided)

I've been pretty depressed lately though, and when I feel this bad for this long, I get generous. But what do you, the players, think? Should I just say 'eh' and validate everyone?

OOC So, I'm an American. I apologize to all my players across the world for that. I'm desperately trying to make my game as fun as possible, as fast as possible, so you guys have an escape and distraction. If my overwhelming terror seeps into my posts, it isn't intentional. I've taken a few days longer than I wanted to to try and reach emotional equilibrium, so hopefully I do okay for everyone. Me, I'm on permanent disability and only have a home because of government housing assistance, get food stamps, and have medical issues that will kill me if I don't take medicine daily. If even one government thing that the President-Elect hates gets revoked, I won't live much longer. I'm not trying to make anyone flip out; I'm just letting everyone know that if I disappear one day and never return, it's because I died. I have no family or friends offline, so no one would be there for me to let anyone know if/when it happens.

THANKSGIVING event is going to go on as planned, as is Christmahanzakwannikuh or whoever I spell it. Event information, as always, is on my site that you already have the links to.

I'm writing updates; I just needed to post this immediately since I already took too long as it is.

@Avialae, Zeditha: Please don't respond yet until I post the other half of the updates, okay? It'll be today though.

-----------------------------------------------------

@Zeditha: (unlocked: varnish gland) The feeling had finished, and retracted as the slime knew it would- but with the regrowth of its tail, it had... felt odd. The lump that grew after the odd feeling went away was lodged in the end of the tail, and it was stuck there! Whatever the slime did with it, if it did anything, it would have to do it with the inner-lump where it was.

@Aster: The slime was able to move again fully by now, and it hadn't seen any other slimes approach, or run away, for that matter. It's excellent hearing did let it hear various creatures of various sizes cautiously start to converge on it, but even more ran off. With the numbers it could hear approaching, maybe it would be a good idea to relocate.

@Selim: (unlocked: iceberg lettuce) Something was... well, the bitterness was the food's black color, though it didn't feel or taste like it should have looked like that. There were other colors too, but they were wet and sticky and gooey and all seemed close to the same color, though the slime did see a few different identifiable shapes mixed in to this stuff. Whatever it was, it would more than fill the slime's appetite.

@Celiysetherri: It wasn't very long until the slime... no, the food found the slime! It didn't even have to look. It felt little hard, but flexible wiggly things touch it, then disappear. Then a smooth, hard thing rub up against it. It was organic, the slime could tell since it had touched it for a tiny moment. It was still touching it, right now, but wouldn't for long!

@Dewdrop: There was some sort of inorganic skin floating in the wet, bumping into the slime. The wet pushed the slime and the skin, making it go up onto the grainy inorganic, which felt drier the further away from the wet it got. After a short while, it felt something organic and thick, but with odd shapes sticking out of a central point.

@Tch'ah: (unlocked: fly chitin, transparent chitin) Something fell from up. Whatever it was, the slime couldn't identify it. Then another fell, and another, and then so many the slime couldn't imagine the amount started falling, over and over, all over everything everywhere! The only places the things didn't seem to be falling from were directly under other things. Any kind of cover would protect the slime!

Now that her growing was done, Zeditha wriggled her way out from the thing she was under, and looked around for something to do. She was somewhat hungry, so she looked around for another running-squeaker and pounced on it before looking around for somewhere to go. Seeing nothing particularly interesting nearby, she picked a random direction and flew off.

((Can I reclaim my characters on Magistream and Petadoptables? Dianora's sheet in the file doesn't say she's retired or culled; Yawela's does say she's been retired.

I'm also wondering if I could be really naughty and ask for Halloween requests for them? xd.png I have some ideas of what I could do. Zeditha's pretty much done, really, unless I find a bat cave, but there's a lot of potential for the slimes who haven't done much yet.))

Edited by Zeditha

The slime was a bit...weird leaving the safety of the wetness, but it decided to wiggled along with the odd thing poking out of it on the grainy. The inorganic stuff still clung to it, but it eventually went away before the slime discovered something new. It poked at the new thing, trying to discover what it was before crawling on it to discover if it was food.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

((Very sorry for my unexplained absence here. I didn't expect to be gone))

Avisk had been busy investigating the odd hard things stuck in the weird goopy ground liquid while Unsure was recovering from the weird stuff all around it. It hadn't realized, however, that Unsure had moved somewhere else while being stuck inside one of the containers.

It took until Unsure made its call for Avisk to pry itself free of the odd container it had accidentally gotten stuck in. Where was it? Where was Unsure? Why was there other weird sounds? What was going on?

The spurts of fire started again from the spines on Avisk's back, no doubt because of the sudden pang of fear running through the slime's body. It was alone. And it didn't like being alone. The fires stopped shortly once the slime realized what was going on there. No fire. That started bad things last time. No fire yet. Only emergencies.

Avisk started to 'run' toward the call that had been sent out. It gave its own similar sounding call to the best of its ability, quite noticing that flying wasn't working. Why wasn't flying working? The two wings were only slightly outstretched, but quickly pulled back in as some of the weird plants grew closer. Despite the slime wanting them to work. Was that instinct? Protect them from the odd plants? Oh well. The slime was fine running to the sound in hopes of finding Unsure.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Tch'ah

If slime didn't know where to go, what was a safe place? 'Wet!' - screamed the many parts of slime's being - 'Wet! Wet! Water definitely safe place!' Wet? Well, the Wet-World was full of wet, and so to that watery-domain slime would spring to escape from the pelting whatevers! (After getting pelted even a bit, slime's surface-membrane was already feeling... what? Feeling what?) Slime slipped into the place where, ironically, its plump-organic had emerged from, and submerged itself into the water to evade the falling-something. If it was safe, slime would feel more confident about sating curiosity.

Edited by Emeelia

OOC @ Raptor: Remember, put your slime's name in each post. I had to look up who your slime was on the Big File to be able to reply.

@Naughty British Woman: If other players don't have a problem with me ignoring my own rules to give you those benefits, I'll do it. Don't pressure people though, just ask honorably. And yeah, the reason very few things are updated on the big file is because I've just got too much to handle now, what with the book I'm writing and the business partnerships I've forged recently and more players joining on various sites and the issues going on in my personal life...

OOC @ Avialae, Dragonhatchling- mostly waiting to see what you two do, and hopefully you're still in a party.

--------------------------------

@Tch'ah: Being submerged in the water, the slime was safe. But the little drips coming down from the up looked wet, and when they hit things they splashed like wet did. Was it just wet? The slime would have to find out by touching it, but it seemed to cease to exist when the wet-from-ups hit the already-wet. There were little patches of damp ground that started filling with from-up wet, if it wanted to wait. If not, it could go running out to the wet and hide back into the wet it was already in if it didn't like it.

@Avisk: The slime didn't hear Unsure respond, but it did hear it make other noises, and was able to figure its direction. It was close by, but there was something more important the slime heard- lots of creatures rushing through the organics, converging on Unsure's location!

@Zeditha: Despite the slime's excellent vision, it didn't see the long, thin, black inorganic things draped across the sky. It flew into them, getting tangled and pulling one of them down. The slime didn't see where the end was, but it must have happened. There were a bunch of loud noises, most of which the slime hadn't heard before. One sounded like a screech, and something dragging on the ground, and then from the same direction the slime heard something like "haaaa" "haaaa". Then there was something else, which sounded even more different! The slime had no idea what it could be. Turning to look at where all these noises were coming from, there was a shiny creature that was bigger than the slime was. It was similar to the other one that had murdered the big, loud slime, just smaller.

@Dewdrop: The slime didn't have the ability to know what rubber was, but this stuff wasn't rubber. It was rubbery, though. Dense and thick, organic, and smooth. Whatever it was, it felt as though it was something good, or at least significantly different. It was warm, probably because everything was, and the slime couldn't tell from its small and gentle pokes how big this thing was.

ASTER

The slime hesitated as it heard all the creatures heading through the undergrowth towards it. It was really hungry by now, and making a meal out of the surprised creatures that probably wanted to eat it now that it could move again didn't seem like a bad idea. On the other hand, Aster couldn't yet tell how many of them there were, or how big they were, or if they were like the dead organic it had recently consumed, which had been difficult to handle even while dead. Maybe retreating, at least for the moment, would be the most prudent strategy after all.

After a moment's consideration, the slime decided on a compromise. Opening its wide wings, Aster got onto its haunches and launched itself into the air, but being careful not to rise too high up, and circling over its former position on the ground. Now that the slime could fly without making any noise, hopefully the organics converging on it wouldn't realize that it was no longer there until it was too late, allowing Aster to swoop down easily and grab one or two of them to sate its hunger on before they realized it was gone. That was the plan, at least.