Viirin

Azure Wyrm

Tch'ah

The fluffy non-moving/now-moving organic was obviously the most attractive phenomenon to investigate with slime's NUMEROUS senses. First, slime projected itself from the bottom to the surface with a powerful kick from its fabulously strong hind legs. Careful not to breach the wet (out of fear of any more falling hurty-things), slime did its best to assess the sight of the fluffy. Next it poked the fluffy to determine its consistency against its beak. Finally, it tried to bite the fluffy and thus anchor itself (to prevent sinking), so that it can squish into the organic and consume.

--------------Story Update-------------------

"A dragon! A dragon! I swear I saw a dragon!"

"Dude, there are all sorts of pictures of dragons on the internet."

"No, a real one!"

"Another sculpture of one, you mean? I'm not buying another one of your paper mache statues."

"No... no. It was a real dragon. In person. Alive."

"Probably just another Youtube faker. Some loser trying to get Hollywood to notice him."

"No, it wasn't that video. It was in person!"

"Yeah, probably someone working on a model or something and you just happened to see it!"

"Dude. Just... dude."

His friend just laughed at him.

"Fine then. I'll prove it to you. I saw it crawl into the sewer."

"Yeah, that can't end badly."

The witness got both angry and his gun.

----------------------------------------------------

@Tch'ah:

@Dewdrop:

OOC: Severe problems with computer. Have to restart. Posting now; will edit.

Edited by Viirin

((*is gonna casually post cuz brief free time from massive amounts of work* *will edit as needed*))

Avisk noticed the spreading out and diminishing of the fire. Was it really the other slime that had left? And where was Unsure!? It called out the questioning chirrup call, loudly, with some rattle of the scales so maybe Unsure would hear it. Hopefully. The slime didn't want to be alone with all the chaos going on.

But what about the fire weakening? And this other slime spreading thing? Avisk really hoped that other slime wasn't going to try and attack it with all these other creatures around. That wouldn't be a good time.

OOC: Not really a post because I don't know what he had planned for Dewdrop sad.gif

ASTER

The slime swallowed what little sustenance it had been able to get, licking its claws clean as best it could without cutting the inside of its mouth. The paltry amount of flesh wasn't nearly enough to sate its hunger, but Aster must have managed to seriously injure the organic when it had grabbed ahold of it, right? Certainly enough so it would have trouble running away and fighting back. It would be much easier for Aster to feed on it now. The problem was the other organics of the same kind that were around. Would they defend the one that Aster had injured? Try to feed on it as well? Either one would be bad for the slime, preventing it from eating.

The slime was beginning to feel warmth below it, and when it looked down, it saw the same bright hot that had eaten everything before beginning to spread over the ground again. It had come back?!? How had that happened? Would it eat everything in this place like it had where Aster had been? As a small spurt of the hot jumped up toward Aster, the slime pumped its wings to gain altitude, and rapidly rose into the sky. For some strange reason flying had suddenly gotten a lot easier for it, but at least it didn't seem like the hot could fly, although it could move very fast. The slime then heard a call from below. Small! The other slime was still nearby! Aster let out the loud hooting call from before, weaving it in with a chirping noise at the end, trying to encourage the other slime. It sounded like the other slime was still on the ground, but if it took to the air, it should be safe.

OOC: Just stuff in RL kept me away. Check out my Patreon! Also, I was waiting to post because of a date in the Big File, but then I realized I was looking at the wrong one. I need to get some help to keep it updated.

----------Story Update------------

It really did look like a traditional dragon. It had green scales instead of red, but also short horns and bat-like wings. Upon closer inspection, its scales and wing membranes were made of spraypainted cardboard and paper, and its flesh was toy slime-covered gelatin. It would be considered a particularly poorly crafted fake, since its materials were cheap and easily acquired, but the artistry was something to behold. The only reason anyone gave it any pause as to be anything real to begin with was how it looked from far away, and the fact that it actually had a circulatory system bearing red blood.

Later that day, the laboratory had a report on the generous blood sample. It was fake. It was nothing but corn starch and red food coloring; a few chemicals. The same solution was commonly sold as vampire blood for Halloween costumes.

-------------------------------------------

@Aster: The slime heard Small, but didn't see it. The creature the slime had injured wasn't backing away, or running, or anything. It made an angry-sounding noise and then other noises while staring at the slime and running around in circles, seeming as though it was trying to find a way up. It didn't have wings, so what was it trying? The noises after the angry one were being emitted from the other creatures of the same kind that had run off; most weren't visible. They seemed to have spread out.

@Avisk: The slime heard Unsure's call, but the sound seemed to bounce from a few nearby areas. Where was it? The slime wasn't noticed by the group of creatures, since their attention turned elsewhere for some reason. A couple of them seemed to be looking upwards, but the slime didn't see anything. On the ground though, a familiar shadow moved around in a circle.

@Tch'ah: What little the slime could see, it only saw murky ground-clouded wet, and what light there was didn't go below the surface of the wet very far at all. Whatever the fluffy was within the wet, it was invisible, or seemed to be. The wet moved. It moved a lot, but from one direction. What could make that much movement?

@Dewdrop: It was gone. Whatever the slime had found before, any trace of it along the increasingly fast moving wet had disappeared. The slime tried to get out of the movement, but wasn't able to for a very long time. However, it did eventually get to something that made the moving wet the slime was stuck in spiral in a circle and shove it against something hard and organic, but rough in texture, and it seemed at least a little flaky.

Tch'ah

Make that much movement? Maybe something fast, or something big -the image of the big Predator with Evil Jaws flashed through the slime's imagination- caused it, but, whatever it was, it was probably something dangerous enough to make slime shudder. Maybe finding the fluffy thing would be more fun, even if it was invisible. Maybe the slime could... no, no, the slime couldn't impress it with any feats from here... or maybe... no, no, trial and error would only bore or scare the fluffy away. Also, the slime's eyesight really was terrible for this, and not likely to improve greatly in the near future to spot such a well-camouflaged fluff.

Maybe... Maybe the big or fast thing making the wet move wasn't dangerous. Or, or maybe-! -this is a novel idea, that something not organic somehow was causing the water-environment to shift- -maybe the cause of the phenomenon was innocuously inorganic and thus not-predator!

The slime knew that inorganic did not necessarily mean safe (it does shudder at the memory of stinging droplets), it usually meant passively lethal at worst rather than actively aggressive.

Curiosity egging it onward, the slime swam against the current.

OOC @ Emeelia: Did I unlock Acid Rain for Tch'ah? If not, I should have.

@Everyone: I'm getting my net shut off on the 8th, and moving on the 9th. I move in on the 12th, and 5 days later I have internet again. Unless of course it falls on the weekend, then they'll hopefully be there that Monday. It isn't a holiday that week, right? sad.gif

--------------------------------------

@Tch'ah: Flutter, flutter. The wet was still moving, antagonizing the slime to go towards or away from it. Whatever it chose. But what if it was food? Straining its eyes to see, the slime was able to see that it wasn't anything hidden at all... kind of. It was a black orb bouncing up and down on top of the wet, making it splash. It didn't look like anything the slime had remotely seen before, whatever it was.

Dewdrop

Oh? What was this? This was new. The little slime decided to crawl along this flaky, organic stuff to see if it liked the taste of this stuff.

Avisk noticed the shadow and tried to find the source of it. Directing some eyes upward, some keeping an eye on the other creatures and some at the shadow, the slime moved carefully to avoid angering the distracted creatures. The shadow did seem familiar. Where was the source?

A few of the eyes caught glimpses of Unsure, very very briefly and not entirely certain if it was Unsure. But it had heard Unsure. Unsure was somewhere nearby. Someone near enough to answer back, and encouragingly at that. The creatures were angry and looking up. Why? The shadow too, had no source on the ground from what Avisk could see. So up? Was up the answer?

Avisk looked up through a clearing near the shadow, through the waffs of smoke from the fires and leaves burning. Fire still spurted from the slime's back and the spines were splayed outward in order to deter any creature. Avisk had wings though. It could get up. Up scared Avisk however. Up wasn't the safest place. But up also wasn't on fire.

Another questioning chirrup and Avisk spread out the wings, closing most of the spines to make that easy. A running start and a leap, some clumsy flaps, and Avisk was up. Not very high, and not very well, but up. It liked having been able to jump off higher things the last time it flew, but getting used to these wings was necessary.

The ground pulled away as Avisk flapped through the smoke. A burning pincoushing of light through dark smoke in the sky. More chirrups hopefully asking where Unsure was. And then the sound of silence minus the flapping Avisk could hear. Some of the eyes were directed downward now, clearly seeing the angry creatures now divided attentions. Unsure was somewhere.

Celiysetherri

The slime needed more food-things and oozed towards where the food-things had been coming from. It waved the antennae in the direction of the food and smelled the food-things it had absorbed before. The slime pulled itself toward the smell faster, intent on getting more food-things to grow with. It also began to secrete tiny hard lumps in layers over its body.

((@Viirin: Tch'ah does have the acid rain gland. It hasn't realized, however, that acid rain and its new gland may be cause-effect more than correlation. I myself am unsure whether it grants it immunity to the stinging of acid rain; although, if it does, I wonder how it affects Tch'ah's reaction to bases now compared to before.

@all: My reply took longer than usual because I recently underwent surgery.))

Tch'ah

Well if the slime did not recognize it, it really ought to find out what it was! The slime kicked and swam closer towards the disturbance of the wet-environment, the black orb. Would the thing notice the slime coming closer, would it react if it did? Are there details to the orb that slime hasn't noticed yet? ...Can the slime get close enough to touch it?

ASTER

As it circled around above the smoke, Aster stared down at the creature it had injured before curiously, trying to figure out what was going on with it. The slime must not have injured it as badly as it had thought, what with the amount of movement that it was making; yet it had definitely felt its talons rip into it. It didn't seem to be afraid of the hot light that much, either, which was even stranger, with how dangerous Aster knew it to be. Instead it was focused on the sky above it, perhaps on the smoke or . . .?

Most of the other creatures that had been around it before seemed to have left the immediate area; Aster wasn't sure exactly how far they had retreated due to the smoke getting in the way of its senses, but the slime wouldn't have blamed them if they had gotten as far away from here as they could. Even if the crowd of creatures had only thinned out because of the dangerous surroundings, however, it still meant an opportunity for the slime; with most of its friends gone, Aster could hopefully feed off of the one that it had injured before without having to worry about being attacked. It would still be dangerous for the slime, and Aster would have to be quick to be able to get away from the smoke and hot light unharmed, but the slime was already very hungry and it knew that the hot light would likely eat everything it came across like last time, and that it could move very fast. Anything to fill the slime's stomach while it fled to a safe distance would be welcome.

Aster folded its wings and dove, landing on top of the loud running creature and holding it down with its curved front talons as well as the oversized talons on its feet, gulping down large chunks of organic matter as fast as it could, not bothering to chew at all. The slime held its wings half open so it could take off in a hurry if it needed to, but hopefully not get them caught in any stray flames. The creature Aster had caught continued to struggle in its grip and make loud noises while smoke filled the slime's nostrils. Underneath the loud cries of the injured creature Aster could hear the soft chirping of Small, though the smoke prevented it from seeing the other slime.

OOC Got my new apartment and internet, took a short rest after moving a thousand miles. Looking forward to a friend I game with helping organize stuff, and I'm gonna try and make another basic forum site with everything chronologically placed onto it. I'll see if everyone wants to move there once I create it; but I'm not sure if I really want to or not yet. It does need to be copied and organized though. Also, I might be able to get help in person with a few things, including... ART!

Also, I've been having serious issues trying to get medical, physical, and psychological assistance in my new state (Kansas, was Pennsylvania before. Florida before that, then my home state of California, then Washington and Oregon, then was originally California. That's most of my backward timeline while running this RP) and if I could have gotten help faster, then I'd stabilize easier and be able to write faster, better, and more consistently.

Also, don't forget my Patreon if any of you can/want.

@Emeelia: Hopefully you recovered from your surgery well. Are you okay? Also, some glands do make you immune to the effects, but some don't. Double-chambered glands (can only get it if you get infected with a thing, and as you're growing the gland and the effect recedes from a spot, you get infected again in a purified location. or if you get infected from two different locations at the same time so the purification waves hit the same spot at once) make you able to generate but also be immune to a thing. However, I won't let this happen with Acid Rain, Crude Oil, Hot Tar, or Radioactive Waste. Might have forgotten something in there. Basically an environmental pollutant so bad that it's nearly legendary by Earth standards. You could gain those powers, but also be effected by them exactly as badly every time.

Also OOC @ Everyone: I'm so so sorry! I didn't realize how... man I thought I was doing better, but it looks like some of you haven't been updated in even longer than I already thought (and feel bad about).

@Aster: (unlocked: inbred feral mutt instincts) The slime was quickly sating its hunger, despite some of the animal tasting funny. Something about this flavor... well, it would find out in time like it always did. The sounds Small was making before had ended, and a shadow moved over the slime as it was defeating its target that had been so annoying! The shadow seemed to be only slightly above the slime itself. Was something nearby able to fly besides the slime? Small could...

@Avisk: Some of the slime's vision directed it downwards- and when the dark puffy coming from the hot light moved properly, the slime could see Unsure. It was on top of one of the creatures, which looked severely injured and being feasted on. However, the other creatures that were with it seemed to notice too, and begin rushing back towards it. The hot light was continuing to spread, but not anywhere near as quickly as it did when the slime did it the first time.

@Tch'ah: The bouncing black thing, when touched, felt smooth. Mostly smooth, except for a raised bump around the orb's edge. But it was entirely inorganic! Out of the back of the black orb was a hard, thin, inorganic thing of some kind, and it was attached to something else. What the heck was this thing? Something slimy was on some of the parts though, but they tasted wildly different from anything the slime had yet encountered.

@Celiysetherri: (unlocked: coconut) As the slime approached and got on top of the organic it found and began to absorb, it noticed that there were new flavors in the mix. The moving things were tasty and heavy, but the stuff they came out of was neither of those things. One was soggy and bland, but there was something else in it, that tasted bitter and was falling apart within the slime as it was absorbed.

@Dewdrop: (unlocked: marlin skeleton) The flavor seemed grainy, and salty, but not salty in the same way everything else lately had been. Describing it to itself wasn't doing well, but consuming it was. The hard flakes were strange- they came off when the slime pushed its goop against the flaky's surface, and some of it disappeared. However, the parts of it that the slime managed to get was enough that it was able to begin to learn what it was.

Edited by Viirin

------------@TheElevatorCat----------------

A relatively large but unidentified animal continued running from its pursuer. In doing so, it crunched a few things into an even more broken state than they already were, as it made its way up the mound of garbage that had accumulated from dump trucks unleashing their hauls over the edge of the road. It nearly made a perfect slope at this point.

One of the objects the beast's hooves destroyed was a mostly-empty glass tube with a non-Newtonian clear fluid inside. When it broke, the slime inside contacted air for the first time and awoke; came to life. The footprint of the smaller, more aggressive animal giving chase did little more than sploosh it as it was flung backwards as the animal gained ground.

@Venus: The slime awoke, and felt something impossibly heavy and mean smash it in half. But it was made of some sort of liquid, so it didn't separate. It hurt a lot though!!! Then just as the slime began to feel like it had the chance to either ruminate or forget, it happened again. Then it felt itself be lifted from the cool, smooth, inorganic surface it was... sorta on, get lifted up, and began to move but without trying to or feeling anything except the direction it was going.

Edited by Viirin

((Hiiiiii so it's been a while. :'D I joined this RP on Magistream, but then I took a Magistream hiatus and haven't gone back since I had literally nothing else going on there; BUT, since I do have threads I try to stay up-to-date with on here, is it possible that I can transfer my Tellin character onto this forum? That way I can actually remember to make posts instead of doing nothing for forever... which I tend to do, it seems.

I have a list of everything Tellin has unlocked so far, and I can record old posts as well, so if I can move him over then I think all I would need is the latest post to him so I can respond. I'll still be slow to reply, considering my schedule, but at least I'll actually be replying instead of forgetting all the time.))

OOC Squirrel: The Big File (check my signature for the link) has your character information, as well as everyone else's. Someone else asked me if they could do this, even from the same site, and I said they had to still go by the 'one active character per site' rule, but then lost that player and all 3 of their characters. So I'll change the rule! As long as you guys STARTED the character on another site, then you can transfer them here and it's fine.

Dragonhatchling- that means you can bring Sevak over from The Escapist if you want.

Avialae and Zeditha, you can bring your other characters from Pet Adoptables and Magistream over too.

((Ah, thank you thank you! Looks like you were more dedicated in tracking his progress than I was. XD I'll quote the last thing Tellin had then so I can continue:

@Tellin: How could skin have even less taste than the fluffy white the slime just finished consuming? Not only that, but it wasn't even organic! An entire waste of time. But there were other things near the slime that were. Hopefully at least one of those was yummy! So much difficulty so far, for so little. Hopefully more things would reward the slime properly.

))

Tellin's utter disappointment about the thin inorganic gave him his first sense of depression; surely there had to be something nearby he could eat, right? Right??

The slime rolled over, easing his pincer out of the inorganic he had pierced, feeling sad and annoyed. He oozed away from the inorganic for a bit, his sight far too blurry to distinguish anything more than vague shapes and colors, and bumped into something that had been near the fluffy white thing. He paused for a moment, bumping it again and feeling a warm, cautious sensation fill him: hope? Food?! This thing better be edible! Not that Tellin needed to eat any more... he felt both satiated and voracious, like he needed to eat just for the sake of doing it because it felt nice; and why wouldn't he do something that felt nice? He could barely comprehend everything as it was!

Tellin considered the new thing to be an organic with pokey bits, like the ones he had absorbed earlier, and so he gave it an experimental jab first; despite this wise move though, he was still far too impatient to properly wait for a response, and immediately lunged toward it, trying to absorb it as well.

*hugs Sevak* ((Let's try and bring that big boy back Viirin. Sevak's lonely.))

Avisk chirruped happily as it spotted Unsure. Finally! They could be back as a pack again if Unsure wanted to! Not alone in this weird place of hot light and weird mean creatures.

The slime angled downward slightly, gliding down to Unsure while being careful to not hit the hot lights. It landed sloppily, nearly digging a trench in to the ground with impact before righting itself and moving over to Unsure. A 'hello' call was made, coupled with nicer shaking of the scale nettle network. It didn't take any bites of the animal Unsure was on top of however, unsure itself if Unsure would actually let Avisk have a few bites.

ASTER

The slime lifted its bloody snout up from the creature it had been feasting on, its sharply curved claws still digging deeply into the injured animal's flesh, preventing its escape despite its continued struggles. It wasn't completely full by a long shot, but it had eaten enough to not be bothered by hunger until the slime could outfly the reach of the hot light - hopefully, anyway. Aster didn't know how much the hot light would eat before it died out this time. It wasn't safe for the slime to stay around to try and sate its hunger any further, however - it could hear the creature's companions from before approaching with its sensitive ears through the smoke, and the hot light was slowly approaching all the time Aster was eating. More than that, the slime wasn't sure it liked the taste and the information it was getting from the creature. A lot of what it had just gained didn't make sense, and some even contradicted each other. It kind of seemed like something was wrong with it - not wrong as in injured, Aster was very familiar with that, but wrong inherently. Was that possible?

Before the slime could ponder the matter any further, Aster heard a loud thump coupled with a greeting call and the loud rattling it had come to associate with Small. Looking in the direction of the noise, Aster called out in response as it spotted the other slime. The slime saw Small eyeing its prey hungrily. Aster wanted to warn Small about the issues with the animal and the danger, but then realized that after their separation, it had no idea of when the last time Small had eaten was either. The other slime might be as hungry as Aster was before it had fed on this creature. Loosing the injured organic from its hold, Aster pushed it towards Small and then jumped into the air, circling over Small as it waited for the other slime to finish eating so it could join Aster and the two of them could leave this place.

Dewdrop

Oh! Now that was curious, it seemed to get a strange sense of what it was absorbing! The slime focused, wanting to get what this creature did at one point in its life. See. The slime focused and soon orbs appeared on either side of its head, the thunder opening and closing in anticipation.

((I'm recovering alright from the surgery. I'll be in pain from time-to-time this year, but I expected pain pre-surgery also, so I prefer this healing pain! ...Also, I don't know for sure how frog-eyes work.))

Tch'ah

Experimentally, slime tasted the mysterious 'slime'-goop. It seemed organic... right? Slime squatted on the inorganic and tried its best to absorb whatever it could, which shouldn't take too long with the organic in such a soft state. Slime wouldn't even need beak to pry it away from tricky places or tricky minds! It studied the something-else the round-bump inorganic was attached to with one eye's vision, graciously sacrificing some of its caution-radar for the task, and dutifully watched for predators and miscellaneous moving curiosities with the other. ...If it could.

(I'm going to assume the slime is behind carried away by something somehow?)

Venus

The slime felt something sharp grabbing onto a section of it. It tried to wriggle out of the grasp of the sharp thing. It was set down after a while, and the slime felt something soft. It attempted to absorb it, only succeeding part way. 

The slime started to move around, bumping into many things before finally getting out the the place. There were now uncomfortable things in the ground that poked the slime. It attempted to absorb it.

Edited by TheElevatorCat

((Sorry for continued absence, I've mostly not known what to say in response to the latest update. As for moving characters, I would rather like to salvage Yawela and Dianora. I'll attempt to find everyone's last posts and reply to them; I'll try to put them all in the same post for now, but if that seems to cluttered and disorganised, I might split my different characters between posts.))

@Zeditha: (unlocked: maple leaf) As the slime approached, its excellent eyesight began to become a bother. More and more things ahead were shiny and reflected light at the slime, and it was somewhat blinding to continue. Changing its own midair angle seemed to help at least. Below, there were shiny moving big things on the black moving quicker than the slime could hope to, but they didn't seem to interact.

It wasn't long before Zeditha was over the top of the odd things. She angled herself away from the shininess as best she could, and settled on a nearby tall, green thing. She shuffled into a comfortable position, and covered her eyes with her wings to block out the shininess. She'd been flying for a long time now, and was rather tired. She closed her eyes and let herself fall asleep...

((Sorry for not posting. Computer's been broken for a while and I was waiting to see if I'd get a chance to barrow one.))

Avisk noticed Unsure push the food nearer and then take off. Unsure definitely had flight down being able to take off like that. Landing still was very hard for Avisk and it wondered if Unsure had the same problem for a moment. But, the food was far more tempting even as the hot light continued to eat around it. Food wasn't something the slime had gotten in a good amount of time and Unsure was nice enough to share it. The slime moved forward, digging in to the same spot Unsure had been feasting since that was the easiest route to get food. This food tasted strange than previously similar food it had feasted on before. The slime ignored that for a moment and continued to eat a few more bites, just to be sure it could survive at least another few days without food once they left this place. Avisk wasn't full when it stopped, but the hot light was getting worse and it wanted to leave anyways. No sense in staying and waiting out the light for more weird food. The other creatures probably perished in this new warm world anyways when they ran off.

Avisk looked up. Unsure was still circling above the smaller floating hot lights in Up. Could it just take off like that too? Without running? The wings it owned outstretched as if in answer, raised up and ready. It could always run at least slightly if it couldn't just lift off the ground like Unsure had. The wings beat down hard, offering a slight lift for that one movement. Avisk repeated that measure a few times, actually getting off the ground for a moment. But forward momentum was an odd concept in this manner for the slime. It could go up. It knew how to go forward. Matching the two with wings it didn't use all that often without a running start was weird for the slime. It wasn't nearly as successful as Unsure in the matter, having a close miss to the hot lights eating the nearby plants. But, Avisk was successful, much to the slime's own surprise. It chirruped happily as it rose to meet Unsure, circling with the other slime for a moment while it waited to see where to go. As far as Avisk knew, they had no real destination. Avisk did make it known that it wished to get away from these hot lights, hoping maybe Unsure knew of a place they could head that would be safe from this dangerous place.