Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt

"Or possibly bug-types! Don't you think bugs are cool? In fact, we, were discussing our starter choices just a moment ago."

Xander looked over at the other kid. Skorupi. "Skorupi, the scorpion pokemon. Wide move pool, but easily injured due to it's weakness to special attacks.", he stopped for a moment to think, "it is a very good choice, and bug types are very useful since they are usually underestimated but there is a reason for that after all. You should try and find the technical machine Dig for it. It will give you a major advantage against your oppenents, since that is one of skorupi's natural environments." He was about to continue on, then realized, "Anyways, I'm Xander, Larien and I used to know each other, since we lived in the same region, but we haven't seen each other for a couple of years.", he finished saying as he started looking at the lab.

Two poison type pokemon... could that be the common theme for this lab? It would make sense for the Duskull as well, but the elekid is electric and starly's are flying/normal. Probably not then. Xander turned slightly back to the boy, "Also, I just realized that I interrupted the two of yours conversation. Terribly sorry. Now, if you don't mind...", he said to the boy, then turned and started toward the lab without even waiting for either of their replies.

I can't forget why I'm here. Not until I figure it all out., he thought to himself as he quickly entered the lab.

... ... ...

Finally it made sense to him. He had quickly noticed the absence of the professor, as well as the speaker system set up in the lab. Without even bothering to make sure his assumption was correct, he spoke. "So, I assume you are using the speaker system to communicate with all the trainers who come into your lab today. And as to the odd variety of starters I've seen the trainers leave with, I must assume that this machine is a Pokemon Selection System. But, if I am not mistaken, isn't this device a prototype? I wasn't aware that any other place besides the Kanto Battle Frontier used one."

(Woops! Just reread mine after TUM's post, I didn't realize that anybody else was still in the lab.)

Edited by greenking13

Florent put his hand on the scanner. "Lady Luck, work with me!"

The choices spun and spun until they stopped, revealing his three choices and a brief description of each. Even though Meditite would've been a solid choice for both battle and contests due to its typing, Florent didn't even think before pressing the first button. That pokemon was too cute. Its body was shaped like a bean that sprouted a leaf, but with feet and eyes and a tiny little smile.

The strange machine spat out the pokeball containing his starter. Florent picked it up in wonder, and couldn't believe the whole exchange was happening. The professor handed him the traditional five pokeballs to get him started (three of which he stashed in his bag; the other two in his pant pockets), and let him pick his pokedex out of those set on the table.

Never had he been more hesitant. It shouldn't have been a hard choice, but it was. Professor Pine must've found it a bit pathetic that he took much more time to choose a pokedex than to choose a pokemon.

Finally, Florent settled on a Pokedex that was equal parts dark green and light pink, instead of the bright pink and orange one he had been eyeing for a while. He decided he would have to infuriate his sister some other way, since he was probably going to keep this one by his side. With that done, he tucked the Dex in his pocket and prepared to leave, but the Professor stopped him and handed him a flier advertising a tournament in the next city. Normally, he wouldn't be the type to enter, but it would be nice for Chikorita to gain some experience.

Choosing to be somewhat more civil (in his opinion), he waited until he was outside the lab, and he couldn't wait any more. "Chikorita, I choose you!"

His pokemon appeared in a flash of light. "Chiko?" It tilted its head to one side, unsure what its new trainer wanted it to do. Florent noticed that, like its description mentioned (which he didn't read), Chikorita had a faint smell of flowers.

He dug through his bag to see if he had any leftover poffins, and he offered a yellow one to the pokemon. Chikorita gave it a nudge, then took the treat in its mouth and ran with it, out of town and on the way to the next city.

Florent raced after it, always keeping just a few steps behind. "You're a tough one, aren't you!?"

Icarus took his pokedex out of his pocket and scanned Wing-Wings."Tackle, growl, quick attack..You seem to have a lot of good moves." He walked into the tall grass with starly on his head."Keep an eye out buddy, I want to Test your abilities."

Wing-wings chirped happily and kept an eye out for any pokemon in the grass

Event

Xander

As the boy reached the room with the PSS Machine Pine stepped inside. "yes are right, the Battle Frontier uses one as well. But that is a customized version of my machine, you see, I created the machine the Battle Frontier uses to randomize the pokemon for their challengers. But, the PSS you see infront of you, chooses pokemon based on each trainer's personality, a much more complex process than my previous device, so in a way you are right, it is a prototype" the man explained. He may have startled the boy by coming behind him, but he had something to check in his office when he entered the building.

"Well now, go ahead, place your hand on the scanner and see what the PSS rolls for you" the man encouraged Xander. The boy nodded and palced his hand at the machine scanner, as soon as the green light scanned his hand, the three screens above it started rolling, different silhouettes moving north to south of the screen until the three screens stood still revealing the boy's options:

Aron - The Iron Armor Pokémon. Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this Pokémon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the Pokémon.

Tyrogue - The Scuffle Pokémon. Tyrogue becomes stressed out if it does not get to train every day. When raising this Pokémon, the Trainer must establish and uphold various training methods.

Cubchoo - The Chill Pokémon. Cubchoo's snot is a barometer of health. When healthy, their snot is sticky and the power of their ice moves increases. When it is not feeling well, its mucus gets watery and the power of its Ice-type moves decreases.

Note: Sorry to move your character, but I'm not sure I'll be able to post in the next 12 hours and didn't wanted to leave you awaiting for a post to choose your starter.

Icarus

Icarus Starly flew above the tall grass, high enough to not startle and pokemon under it, but low enough to keep an eye on them. Soon the bird chirped to its trainer, it had caught eye of a wild Stunky muching on a berry bush, unaware it was being watched over, the skunk pokemon happily munched on every Pecha Berry it could reach from the bush.

"Good job Wing-wings, be very quiet..." He whispered as Wing-wings landed on his outstretched arm. He slowly crept closer, parting the grass as silently as he could. Once he was within range, he whispered again."Wing-wings, I'm going to sneak up behind him and yell at him. While he's distracted, I want you to quick-attack him from behind. Got it?" Wing-wings nodded and took off. Creeping up on the Stunky, Icarus shouted "BOO!" At the Stunky. At the same time, Wing-wings sped towards it from the other direction.

Xander had been slightly surprised when the professor showed up in the room, but tried not to visibly show it. What truly surprised him was that the Prof. Pine was the original inventor of the PSS.

"That does make sense. Though I do see something wrong with your machine. It can calculate and deduce a trainers personality... that is being shown. I doubt that the machine's coding can actually see a person's true personality.", he stated, almost devoid of emotion. As he saw the calculated results, he became slightly challenged. Cubchoo evolved into Beartic, a pretty useful ice-type pokemon, but isn't very strong and has a few faults. Tyrogue desperately needs TM to even be a useful pokemon, but when it evolves it can become a decent fighting pokemon, although it is slightly difficult to make sure it evolves into the right form, of it's three possible evolutions.

But it was ultimately the Aron that had the biggest impact on him. There was just something about the little iron pokemon that Xander felt like he could get along with it just fine. He finally decided on aron, and after the pokeball popped out and he grabbed it, he started walking out of the lab.

As he left, he shouted back to the professor, "Don't worry about the pokeballs or the competition, I have enough pokeballs with me, and a family I had stayed with while traveling here told me about the competition!"

((Last paragraph is to make it easier for you. Hope to see you in twelve hours or so!))

Icarus

The Stunky jumped starteld as the boy yelled at it. The pokemon, with a berry still in mouth was surprised to see a human around, it had not seen one around in a long time. Still motionless, the Stunky was blindsided by the boy's Starly, landing a good hit on the pokemon. Stunky was sent rolling on the ground a few feet away, the berry on his mouth falling on the ground. Stunky struggled to recover, not because of the hit but more due to the surprise. Shaking its head, the skunk glared angry at the boy and his pokemon, it had not done anything to them to be treated this way. "stunk!" the pokemon cried out angered, its body shaking as a bright white light enveloped it, Focus Energy. In no time, Stunky had started its counter attack, hiting the bird to a nearby rock and Scratching it several times ebfore it moved away, fearing the closeness would let them land another hit on it.

Alv had no idea what to pick, these Pokémon were unfamiliar to him, he had only studied Pokémon in the Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn region, but never the others. The first one sounded like it was a rock type, rock would be interesting, but looking at all the other Pokemon, he realised that most of them could easily avoid any rock moves. He switched to the next one, Goomy? A dragon Pokemon would be awesome, but the Pokemon looked pretty disgusting, he switched to the last one. Buizel, a water type, he always liked water types, and it looked like an awesome creature, Alv didn't wait and immediately pressed the third, he picked up the new Pokeball and looked at Pine. "That's an interesting Pokemon, I've always found its nature to be quite fascinating, and it will serve you well."

Alv thanked the professor, grabbed a Pokedex and looked at all the other trainers, most had already gone, he quickly rushed outside, taking no notice of the others, he went into the forest and released his Buizel, which let out a squeak.

"Alright buddy, my name's Alv, nice to meet you!" Alv exclaimed as he bent down. "We gotta name you, hm... How about Flots?" The Buizel squeaked back happily, making Alv smile. "Okay, let's see what you can do... Sonic Boom... Growl... Water Sport... how about we train you on those first? It says here that you can do these at the start, so let's try. Show me Sonic Boom!"

The Pokemon's tail started to glow white and it spun around, sending a shockwave through the grass. "Wow! That was great! You sure are a natural." Alv petted Flots's head. "How about Growl? Can you do that?" Flots nodded, and did exactly what he was told. "And lastly, Water Sport." Alv then said. Flots looked at him puzzlingly before squirting a stream of water out of his mouth, Alv looked at his Pokedex, "Oh right, it only effects Fire-type Pokemon, well, I guess you're done!" Alv knelt down and took off his bag, he reached in and then pulled out an Oran Berry, but instead of taking it, Flots snapped his head forward as quick as a bullet and bit it to pieces, bits of juice and skin flew out and Alv recoiled in surprise, he had never thought Flots was that quick, but then he realised he had missed one move: Quick Attack. The Oran Berry's scent was pungent, and Alv could see a creature moving through the grass...

Event

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Wing-wings winced as the Stunky's claws dug into him. He quickly got up from the rock and flew up into the air slightly. He heard Icarus shout "Wing-wings, tackle him!" The little bird chirped and lunged at the Stunky. Icarus went closer, watching the battle.

Icarus looked at the Stunky, examining it."I think he'd be a good friend for Wing-wings.." His hand drifted to a pokeball in his pocket, for when Wing-wings weakened the Stunky enough.

Wing wings flew right past the Stunky, missing it. He smacked into the ground heavily, before getting out. He growled at the Stunky loudly. He heard Icarus order him to attack again. He tried once again to ram the enemy.

Larien waved Xander off as he left to collect his own pokemon. She turned back to Dana as her Spinarak climbed back up from conversing with the Skorupi. The small bug still held her hat playfully, which she now noticed but didn't try to get back just yet.

"Sorry about the interuption... I honestly didn't expect to see Xander here, or really at all." She chuckled a little. "Obviously I was wrong." Her gaze flicked over Dana's eyes for a moment before Spinarak interrupted that with a cheerful call. She smiled. "Hey but it's nice to meet you though. You and your Skorupi." Spinarak seemed to nod at that, the abdomen smiling once again.

The spider disappeared into her bag shortly after, having opened up one of the zipped pockets without anyone noticing. Larien's hat was the last thing to disappear, and soon the pocket was closed again.

"Hey, Spinarak..." Larien realized the spider was gone now moments after it decided to disappear. The spider's head poked out of her bag's pocket again, with the pokedex she had chosen in between the two small mandibles. It climbed fully back out, setting the pokdex in her hand opened up. "Spina" It said, the abdomen showing a blank face.

"Ok, we'll scan you... see what you got." Larien said with a bit of puzzlement. She scanned Spinarak after pardoning herself from Dana for a moment. The entry in the pokedex was similar to what was stated when she first chose the spider. Except it also gave the gender of her Spinarak and the moves it knew. She looked at the spider, who now seemed very happy all of a sudden. "So you're male... and you know Poison Sting, String Shot and Scary Face?" "Spinarak Spin!" The spider revealed the hat again as if rewarding her for figuring this out. She confusidly took what belonged to her and placed it back on her head while Spinarak held the pokedex. It proceeded to scan Skorupi while she did so.

"Spin." The spider concluded, dropping the pokedex back into the opened bag. "You're gonna be a handful aren't you?" Larien commented more than asked, closing the pocket in her bag as placing the mischevious spider on her shoulder. "Sorry bout that Dana."

Luckily, poison wasn’t very effective against ghost, so Zein had that advantage. Zein pulled out his Pokedex. The Sandshrew was a female, with Scratch, Poison Sting, Defense Curl, and Sand-Attack. Only one of those moves could hit.

“Now!” called Zein “Go down into the tunnel he was in, wait, and send the Night Shade through the top of the burrow.”

This time, the Duskull immediately obeyed, disappearing into the darkness of the burrow. He created the purple-gray cloud again, which also blended in with the Darkness of the burrow, so that the Sandshrew could not see him or the attack. The Duskull pushed the purple cloud up from the borrow, hoping to hit the Sandshrew.

Dana grinned. "No, it's alright. I'm kinda surprised though! It's like everyone else here is more experienced than I am." He laughed, a little nervously. "I guess a lot of people travel here to continue their journey, huh? Oh!" The Spinarak dove into his owner's bag. Dana stepped out of their way, but watched on. Skorupi shifted, and he looked down to see the bug Pokemon watching too, from behind the safety of his arm. She noticed him, then quickly ducked back and pretended nothing was happening at all. "Stop that, you silly bug," he muttered, poking a finger at her head. "Skor," she scoffed in return and climbed all the way up onto his head, digging her claws into his hair.

Turning his attention back to Lorien, Dana smiled and shrugged. "I've always thought the annoying ones are cuter. But maybe I just haven't owned one for long enough yet. Yeah?" He leaned in and directed that last word at the little spider.

"Sooo... Are you heading for the tournament? Because, you know, it'd be cool to have a travel buddy! I think Skorupi's pretty interested in your Spinarak even though she's pretending she isn't."

Alv

As the boy fed his Buizel, a buzzing noise approached them. Unaware to them both, two big eyes stared at them from the bushes, the pokemon's stomach roared as it saw the Oran berry getting eaten by the Buizel. Soon, though it noticed some leftovers on the boy's hands and without waiting for another chance, the Ledyba came out of its hiding and landed onAlv's hands, licking them clean of the berry juice. "bzz bzz!" it chirped happily. Now feeling more urge of food, it looked around searching for more berries, finding a berry bush just behind the Buizel. hungry, the lady bug pokemon dashed in its direction, unadvertidly tackling the Buizel as it luncged on the berry bush to eat.

Icarus

Stunky looked confused at the Starly's missing, how could it not aim when it was so close. But that was not really important, in fact it was better for it. Stunky opened its mouth and started to release a purple gas from its mouth, but before its attack was complete, it was tackled once again by the bird. Annoyed, the Stunky got up and without loosing any time it Scratched the bird once again before retreating to build energy for its next move.

Zein

The Sandshrew saw its attack did little damage to the Duskull, yet it was not going to back off. The pokemon followed the foe's movements carefully and when it saw the Duskulll moving to its burrow, Sandshrew new it would use the sadows as it did before, so taking caution, Sandshrew curled up and awaited for the attack. "shrew!" it called as it felt the Night Shade hitting it, but thanks to the Defense Curl it didn't recieve much damage. Sandshrew quickly returned to its normal form and began to throw sand at the Duskull. It knew the Sand Attack wouldn't hurt the ghost pokemon, but it would distract it enough for it to move awy from sight.

Once the sand cleared from Duskull's face, the shrewe had dissapeared from its view through a hole in the ground. Sandshrew's movements could be heard undergorund, it was just a matter of time before the trainer could give out its position, so before that happened, Sandshrew jumped out of the ground and released a Poison Sting attack from behind the Duskull. Confident its attack had caused more damage than before, Sandshrew didn't went underground this time, instead it stood there watching how its foe, according to it, suffered from Poison, something, much to its disappointment, it didn't happen.

((You can not use your pokedex to decide on a wild pokemon's gender, not even its movepool. That is going far beyond what your character can do with the pokedex. For this time I'll let it pass, but do remember this, I only can say the gender of a wild pokemon and you won't know its movepool unless I have it use the moves or when you catch it and in the latter I'll let you know its movepool, that is not for you to decide. About the use of Sand Attack, I'll explain it in the OOC Thread))

Edited by RyuKaiser

The tournament? She'd forgotten that was in the next town! Larien blushed a little at her stupidity as she shook her head slightly. "I'm so used to these tournament things being held very far away..." She commented mostly to herself. "Spiiin??" Spinarak looked curiously at his trainer. She shook off the embarassment.

"Uh, yes, I plan on going to the tournament..." Larien smiled a little more. "I'd be happy to have you two as my traveling partners. I'm sure Spinarak wouldn't mind either." The spider's abdomen became exceedingly happy suddenly. "Spinarak rak!!" He called, bouncing a little before climbing up to Larien's head again. He left the hat where it was this time and waved a little to Skorupi. "I think he's taken a bit of interest into your Skorupi too Dana." Larien teased a bit with a chuckle. It was rather obvious to her that the spider had at least a slight interest in the Skorupi.

Spinarak denied that comment, once again trying to remove her hat without anyone realizing. But Larien picked him up, holding him out a little to Dana. "I believe he wanted to shake your hand before Xander came..." She commented, noticing the abdomen pattern changing from what seemed like a slightly angry face to a calm one. Again the right front leg was outstreched, the spider's eyes looking at Dana's face as the abdomen changed to a smile. "Spin spin." He said, waiting politely.

Larien figured it would at least be proper, seeing as the spider had originally started to do that before he hopped over to the Skorupi for a second until his trainer had become preoccupied with Xander. Then the curiousity of 'who is this?' set in and he had returned to his trainer's shoulder, listening intently to their conversation. She was sure he had heard about the seven badges thing. Silently she hoped he didn't subconciously freak out over that. But, if Spinarak wished- or anyone really- she had the badges with her still. A reminder of home. And of Weepinbell and the promise they had made and couldn't keep.

((Currently doing math.... I'll also try to stay up past 10pm (I've been falling asleep earlier and earlier it seems... have no clue why...) so I can at least be of a bit more use... I normally don't go to bed until 12am EST... but not this past week apparently xd.png ))

Zein saw the Sandshrew was a master of burrows, and realized he was a fool to think he could be it at its own game. He realized he'd have to find a way to beat it at is own game.

"Duskull, use Night Shade to the East of Sandshrew, make it move slow! Good, now to the west, make it so that they hit at the same time, now to the north, also make it hit the Sandshrew in synchronization with the other night shades. Finally, due the same thing from the south."

The Duskull followed the orders exactly, making sure the Night Shades would hit at almost the same time, from four different directions.

"Now, Duskull, barely get in the burrow, just so it can see your eyes, just so that it cannot burrow, without you attacking it, and use leer, to scare it!"

The Duskull reluctantly obeyed, slowly floating into the burrow, and staring very intensely at the Sandshrew, waiting for the Night Shades to hit.

"Oh!" Dana clapped his hands over his mouth and bounced a little. That was just too cute. "I'm so sorry! I didn't notice." He very solemnly took Spinarak's leg and shook it. "I'm Dana, nice to meet you." He grinned up at Larien and tried to extract Skorupi from his hair (she had tangled herself up in it in an attempt to escape everyone's notice). She let out an indignant "Skor!" but let herself be picked up and lowered to eye-level with Spinarak. She wriggled a little and tilted her head to the side. "Skor?"

"Eeeyup, she's definitely interested," Dana stage-whispered, but Skorupi was too busy trying to poke Spinarak in the face with a claw to notice. "Oh! You stop that. Well then! We should probably get going, right?" Seeing Larien as a fellow bug-type enthusiast was a lot easier than seeing her as a trainer with, apparently, seven badges. He relaxed a little. They'd have things to talk about if nothing else.

Spinarak was poked, the abdomen patter changing a bit to an unsure face before he returned the favor lightly. Larien put the spider back on her head after that, before either pokemon got into too much harm poking each other. "Yeah we pry should get going." She chuckled a little. It was nice to have a chat sometime before rushing off into the unknown routes.

She started off a bit at a normal walking pace, noticing up a ways that a few of the other trainers seemed to be occupied with pokemon battles. They looked to be fairing somewhat well, to her, and she could see that at least the kid with the Duskull was becoming more elaborate in his tactic. Or, he was trying to smoke everything out with the night-shade. It was anyone's guess.

"So," Larien turned back to Dana for a second. "If you don't mind me prying... you from around here at all? Or if not... mind me asking where you're originally from?" She figured figuring out where Dana was from would be a nice way to start some chat. If anything it could open up any questions he might have about herself. She'd be very happy to answer any of them; always being one for not hiding anything from anyone. Especially if they were going to travel together.

Meanwhile, Spinarak was intrigued by the fighting going on on the Route. He knew a little about fighting from watching a few tv shows on it when the Professor was busy picking out the best behaved pokemon from the breeders. He didn't know an awful lot about fighting though. Aside from what instinct and the vague shows let on.

The spider looked around, caught up in the sights as well. The Route seemed to be somewhat of a mix between trees and grass. Sometimes. There was more grass or more trees in some spots. It was different. A nice different.

Zein

The Sandshrew was surprised the Duskull could still fight back after its attacks, maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as it expected. The Duskull on the other hand seemed unfazed by the attacks, instead countering with a coordinated Night Shade attack from multiple directions. Sandshrew looked around to find itself surrounded by shadows,much like what happened when its meal was interrupted. Sanshrew looked around for a way out, it knew that staying there would meant a lot of pain. The shrew tried to scape to the left, but it was caught up by the Night Shade, it tried then to move back to find itself in the same position. The shrew glanced forward, seeing how another shade was coming infront of it. having no other choice, Sandshrew curled up yet again to try to withstand the attack. A loud cry of pain was heard when the four shadows concurred, dealing a good amount of damage to the pokemon. As the darkness cleared, Sandshrew rolled around, clearly hurt, but it wa snot done yet. A panting Sandshrew incorpored from the ball and while glaring at the Duskull it jumped against it, aiming to land a Scratch attack on its face, if it was going to be down, it'll took the Duskull with it.

Icarus went closer to the stunky."Wing-wings, don't let him get away! Quick attack him again!" He moved closer as Wing-wings flew at the Stunky. Feeling a little more confident, he readied his pokeball. He watched the battle continue. Wing-wings looked like he was tiring fast. He would have to end it as soon as possible. The little purple skunk was obviously pissed off. The tiny bit of gas the Stunky had managed to emit was hovering there. Wing-wings ran right through it in his frantic attempt to attack. He started coughing softly.

Icarus pointed his pokedex at Wing-wings."He's poisoned.. Dammit..Wing-wings, hang in there!"

(May I know the Stunky's gender?)

Edited by Melomancer

( Xander's Pokedex Left Side, the red extended, explained in post.)

As Xander exited Professor Pine's Lab, he decided that while he knew quite a bit about aron already, he would need to know just a slight bit more about him. Her? He frowned deeply, "I have to do this quickly.", he said to himself. He pulled out his pokedex, then paused.

It had been years since he had first found it, but even now there was a twinge of heartache when he thought about how he obtained it. Xander had been wandering around his house one day, looking for something he had lost. A flash drive? It doesn't really matter now. He had been looking around for something, but instead of finding what he had been looking for, he had spotted something odd poking out of the living room desk. He walked over to it, and as he pulled it out, he realized that what had been poking out of the desk had been his father's Unova Pokedex. His mother quickly noticed what he had, and immediately tried to get Xander to give it over. He wouldn't. So after hours of arguing with his mother, they had finally decided that Xander could have it on two conditions. The first was that when he began his journey, the pokedex would be wipe and he would have to input his personal data. The second, the more annoying of the two, he had to snyc the pokedex to his mothers, that way she could safely keep track of him.

Xander stopped just before exiting the town, sat down on the comfortable grass, and worked on his pokedex.

Name: Xander (Someone help me please!)

Region of Origin: Johto

Region of Use: Broskii

Trainer ID: ...

Most times a trainer would already have a trainer ID pre-installed into their new pokedex, but because of how Xander had obtained the pokedex, his didn't come with an ID. Which, fortunately for him, was exactly why they had to have it wiped, considering he had attained a Trainer ID the same time he became a certified trainer. (refer to form) It also helped out quite a bit that he had memorized the number for competitions he had entered back in Johto.

"Trainer ID is 22734980.", he said aloud as he typed it into his pokedex. "Voice registration required. State, Activate.", the pokedex said, with a distinctly male tone, as normal for any and all pokedex from the Unova region. "Activate." Suddenly the screen on the pokedex changed from the registration screen, to a 'Welcome' message. He pulled out his Aron's pokeball, and released him/her. "Aron!", it screeched out in welcoming. Xander pointed his newly registered pokedex at it, "Scan". "Aron. The iron armor pokemon. Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this Pokémon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the Pokémon. Gender: Male. Known Moves: Tackle, Harden, Mud-Slap. Abilities: Sturdy, Rock Head, Heavy Metal."

"Hmm, so you're a guy, huh?", Xander said to his Aron. "Ar! Aron!", as Aron replied, Xander noticed something just behind Aron. Or more specifically, what was not. "...Did you just eat some of bench?" "Aron!", it shouted at him, sounding pleased with himself. Xander smiled at him slightly, then turned towards the very first route. "Let's go Biter!", he shouted as he and Aron ran into the tall grass.

(This can be a EVENT or not, it's okay either way.)

Flots stumbled and fell on the floor, he tackle didn't do much damage, but it definitely hurt him (Flots is male, so I'll refer to it as he from now on), he turned to Alv, expecting an order. "Alright Flots, you need some real battle experience, use Quick Attack!" Flots sprinted towards the Ledyba, still looking for food. He jumped in the air, shouldered it right in the stomach, and retreated back to his master, bracing himself for another attack. Alv petted Flots on the head, he definitely had a hasty nature, Alv had never seen a Quick Attack that fast, although he had barely seen any attacks at all, but he was content.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Icarus

The Stunky hold on rather well the Quick Attack, unlike the first time, it was not sent away rolling, instead it was only backed off this due to it using Focus Energy to launch a strong attack, which in turn gave it a little more defense. Stunky noticed the Starly getting weak and taking the chance, it ran as fast as it could against the bird and landed another Scratch attack on it. Stunky turned to see how the bird was doing, now you could see it was panting heavily, the Focus Energy allowed it to sustain the previous attack, but that didn't meanit didn't hurt, a lot.

((Sorry but no, wild pokemon's gender, nature and movepool you'll only find out when and if you catch the wild pokemon. When you try to catch a pokemon, I'll post if the attempt was a succes, and if it does, I'll provide you the pokemon's gender, nature and special traits if any. Also I'll say around which level the pokemon is, which will let you know about their movepool. For example, if I say Stunky is around elvel 32, it mans it'll know every move in its movepool up to level 32))

Xander

While the boy examined his pokemon, the bench eater Aron caught theattention of someone else. A Weedle that had nest nearby approached the area, the bench was its resting place, it took shelter under its shadow and now it had nowhere to rest! The Weedle cried a wierd "weeeedle!" noise to the Aron, scolding him for what it had done, the bug was clearly angered.

Alv

The Ledyba wasn't aware it had hit the Buizel, instead it was more focused on munching on some delicious berries than checking on the boy and his pokemon. The distracted bug pokemon was so focused on its task it didn't even hear when the boy called for his Buizel to atatck it, instead, it recieved the damage straight, note ven able to dodge it. The ladybug, etting a little dizzy turned to its attacker and seeing their determned face, it knew it had to battle. "bzz!" it cried, or buzzed really, just seconds before it rushed to the weasel and rammed it with a full body Tackle, making the foe to back off a couple feet, Ledyba seemed to smile, it was not going to let them defeat it so easily.

Zein saw the Sandshrew coming towards him, deeply inflicted by the Night Shades. He did something, at that moment, extremely unexpected, before the Sandshrew could hit Duskull, he pulled out a Pokeball, and ran in front of the Duskull. He positioned it in a way that the Sandshrew would hit the button of the Pokeball, and he'd have a chance to catch it, and the attack wouldn't hit the Duskull.

Duskull looked at Zein, as if he were dumb.

"Don't worry buddy," Zein said, "I'm more experienced than you, I know what I'm doing."

This did not help much to reassure the Duskull.

Zein knew that the backlash of the Sandshrew sheer force, would probably hurt his arm, bad, but that was okay. At the most, it would be sore for a few hours.

Zein

The Sandshrew, hurt as it was couldn't help to notice the boy interfering with its attack. What was more distrurbing was the ball he was holding in his hand, but that was not going to stop it, Sandshrew seemed more eager to attack now and put more effort in this last attack. The determined shrew hit the boy's arm, digging its claws deep into his flesh, but not without hitting the pokeball with its forehead, making a red ray of light envelop it and drag it inside. The Scratch forced Zein to let go off the ball as it shook. In the matter of seconds the rapid movement of the sphere stopped and the button in the middle changed from a bright red to a normal white, the Sandshrew had been caught!

Pokemon Caught: Sandshrew, Male, Lonely Nature, Around level 5

Kaiser

"gible gible!" the small shark dragon called, pointing at the tall grass. Kaiser turned in the direction his pokemon was pointing and saw a boy getting hit by a Sandshrew. Why would somebody risk himself so much to catch a pokemon? Well, he was not someone to judge, he knew he'd do that if his pokemon was in danger too, although the Duskull floating next to the boy seemed more angry at his trainer that hurt. In the end it didn't matter that much, the Sandshrew had been defeated and caught, probably a extreme tactic but it worked. "hmm, let's go Gible, I guess we should look for a pokemon to add to our team too" he said turning back to his pokemon. Gible nodded and followed his trainer, still in idle of why the human let himself get hit. It didn't took them long to reach amore dense section fo the route, probably they could find something strong in here...

Event

Dana shrugged and waved one arm in a vague gesture. "Yeah, 'around here' is pretty much right," he answered. "I'm from just a few towns away. Never left the city before today, actually." Skorupi decided that she was interested in Dana's bag and, after wriggling out of his hands, crawled over to investigate. It smelled like food and plastic. She poked at the zipper suspiciously. Dana laughed. "I think she's kinda shy. I had a lot of friends with Pokemon back where I lived and none of them were like this." He looked over to the side of the road - a lot of the trainers from the lab had found Pokemon to battle already, and he whooped and clapped when the grumpy kid with the Duskull caught the Sandshrew. The sun, the light breeze, and new explorers finding Pokemon in the grass. It seemed almost like something out of a movie - but he lived in a world where it happened every day and he was eternally excited and grateful for that.

"Say, maybe we should go find some Pokemon too. Do some training and get you guys some more friends, huh?" He tried to glance backward at Skorupi but couldn't quite manage it.

(Event? Is that how this works?)