Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt - OOC Thread

So I edited the post, to make sure I emphasised his paralysis. There you go, so can you please post a reply to it, or is it not up to standards?

Edited by nicknick88

i'm not saying the cloud is infinite. I'm saying that as long as Duskull keeps attacking Shroomish, and the pokemon keeps releasing the spores, it will continue to dispearse through the air given enough time and wind factors. Even without wind, it naturally does that. So does smell. And everything else put into air. It's like pollen and eventually you won't be able to avoid it.

That's where my point comes from. I also stated that I thought you were doing fine Nick, but I wanted you to make sure you realized my point as well because I know that can happen.

And yes, we haven't seen if two statuses can be together.

i'm not saying the cloud is infinite. I'm saying that as long as Duskull keeps attacking Shroomish, and the pokemon keeps releasing the spores, it will continue to dispearse through the air given enough time and wind factors. Even without wind, it naturally does that. So does smell. And everything else put into air. It's like pollen and eventually you won't be able to avoid it.

That's where my point comes from. I also stated that I thought you were doing fine Nick, but I wanted you to make sure you realized my point as well because I know that can happen.

And yes, we haven't seen if two statuses can be together.

@DH I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to Ryu. I see your point. The paralysis can progrss over time. I know for sure, at least in the videogames, you cannot have two statuses on you at once. If Ryu, of course thinks that is unrealistic, than that's that, I can be poisoned and paralyzed. I even editted the post.

I understand Nick smile.gif I was also mainly clearing up some of my post so anybody reading it would understand. I just figured you'd also like to see it a bit clearer, as I noticed Green didn't quite say he got it. So I tried to help a bit.

And, it's not just a poison cloud. There's a mixture of poison and paralysis in there. Which is also why I pointed out Effect Spore has a chance of Sleep too....

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Well, reading your posts, I guess I have missread nicknick's post. I don't remember reading that part where Duskull goes underground, that would in fact prevent it to get through the spores cloud. But about the paralisis thing, I'm sorry to disagree with you all, bu so far what I've read, he has never stated Duskull didn't move due to paralisis although I haven't read the edited post), I guess it was only the first time I mentioned the Effect Spore that he mentoned the paralisis, after that he just drags in and out the pokemon from the ball, which, I have to say, I don't see as a good tactic, if you do that, you give the wild pokemon an opening to either scape or ignore you, which is why I had the Shroomish go away. Now, if you did in fact change that, I guess I can give you another chance at the pokemon, but with one condition, stop returning the pokemon to the ball over and over, besides the reason I mentioned above, if you continue, it will also get annoying and I'll have the Shroomish defeat your pokemon without much trouble.

Now, don't get that wrong, you can return your pokemon to their pokeball during battles, but not the way you did it. YOu cna return Duskull to its pokeball to give Sandshrew a chance to battle, and if it is defeated, sending back Duskull, but having Duskull go in and out of the pokeball, only makes me think you want to quit the battle at some point. Just think about it, if you return a pokemon to its pokeball in the games (without throwing another in its place), what happens? You actually scape the wild encounter right? Well, try to think it this way: you return your pokemon to its ball without sending another in its place, then the wild pokemon either attack your character directly, which as stated before here in the OOC Thread, would likely result in the pokemon beating the crap out of him, or the pokemon would run or maybe just ignore you and go away, like what happened with Shroomish.

Abotu the stats, no, only one stat at the time. I posted the Paralisis + Poison thing becuase, for what I saw in your previous battle, your character seems to have no respect for his own lifewhen wanting a pokemon, and that would stop you from make him go after the pokemon. Since Zein is not a pokemon he can get two status... but he won't.

I'll go read your edited post and, if you did in fact changed what you said, then I'll give you a reply.

The most recent post had Duskull paused multiple times when underground and inside the tree Ryu. That I know for sure.

Yeah, I read it, works perfectly. I left a reply for him as well as another one for my character.

I remember you said that we won't know anything about the wild pokemon until we catch it, but I think telling us the gender should be realistic if its an obvious difference. Example, not being able to see Grim's gender before catching him makes sense, since all Stunkys look the same regardless of gender. But what about pokemon such as Pikachu, or Venasaur or heracross? They have obvious differences between genders, such as different shaped ears, or tails, or for example, meowstic and hippotas, whom are extremely obvious due to color. Therefore, I think we should be able to see the gender if the difference is extremely obvious. What do you think?

I second Melomancer. It makes sense. Unless... we're all unknowingly blind....

user posted image

Sorry, had to.

Now, back on topic.

@Ryu - I will be getting a post up here soon, but I have hit a snag. (DH is helping me, don't worry.) It should be resolved sometime today. This post may be longer than normal. (I hope at least, since it will reveal quite a few things about my character.)

@DH - Waiting in PM, I may have thought of another one.

I've been thinking about how the tournament PvP would work. Classics singles, limited to two pokemon each? Time(Post) limit rules? Doubles might be interesting as well.

About the genders yeah, it makes sense. I hadn't thought of that, but you're right, if a pokemon that have clear gender differences, then I guess there is no reason not to reveal their gender. So yeah, when a pokemon like any of those you mentioned, or other similar cases appear, then I'll let you know the pokemon's gender, maybe not stating it explicitly, but making reference to its actual gender differences so you can tell.

And about the tournament, it will be just singles right now. When everyone has gotten to Pring Town, we'll move on the next day and have the tournament start. At the beggining of the tournament, I'll post the rules for each round, and depending on how many join, I might add a doubles round.

Which reminds me, when you get to Pring Town, if you want to join the tournament, all you have to do is this: when you reach Pring Town, go to the Pokemon Center, there ask Nurse Joy for the sign-in form for the tournament. I'll post on Tom's perspective how it would work so you can have a good idea on what to do. When everyone has gotten to Pring Town, we'll move to the next day to start the event.

@green - Don't worry, this week I have tests again, so that means I won't be on as often as I was on the weekend. So, take your time to have your post ready.

EDIT

Just a reminder to everyone. The Firendship Captures, are 3-5 post (depending on the pokemon) before you attempt to catch it. This means, that you need to write that many posts before you offer the pokemon the pokeball to join you. Just to be clear, the Firendship Capture count should be like this before you ask the pokemon to join you:

Friendship Capture - Try X

Post 3/3 // 4/4 // 5/5

When I post that, then you can ask it to join you. By the way, not scolding anyone, I have let it pass for now because, well, I know so many rules can be confusing and I don't want to be an censorkip.gif and make you follow them to the letter from the beggining. So I've allowed some minor problems. But after the Tournament, I'd like everyone to follow them as they're supposed to be.

Edited by RyuKaiser

I'm grounded for what I believe is all week... or more.... so i won't be on. Somebody can take control of my characters if they want- I don't mind smile.gif

Wait, for NPCs, is anybody allowed to control them? Can we make our own for others to use?

I'm grounded for what I believe is all week... or more.... so i won't be on. Somebody can take control of my characters if they want- I don't mind smile.gif

^ I don't think I'm up for the job, so hopefully someone else. sad.gif

Edited by BeardedKumquat

@DH - ok, noticed. If anyone is willing to take control of DH's characters, let me know, if nobody does, then I'll take care of them so she doesn't get behind this week.

@Bearded - NPCs are controlled by me. I have created some NPCs, most for Plot actually, so if you want to create an NPC on your own, throw me a PM and we can see what we can work out.

Oh if DH is gone, then Dana can just not have an event. He's not spectacularly well-prepared either, so I'm thinking I'll just get him to Pring Town and heal.

@TUM- lol no problem, I guess I'll take care of her then.

@FPD - Ok then. Have Larien move with you then, once you're there I'll take control of her character.

Evryone - I'd ned somebody else to control the battle I'm having with the Venipede, DH was controlling it so, I'll need somebody else to take care of it please.

Okay so about to Pring Town tournament.

Whenever there is a Pokemon RP, instead of being realistic, and letting eachother's attacks hit, when we do PvP everyone gets caught up in a bunch of dodging mess, and no attacks ever hit. THat's why so many Pokemon RPs never finish, because during PvP battles, we spend too much time dodging. So I believe we need a fair system for PvP to decide what attacks hit, and when someone faints. Like, could we have an outside judge, (Not neccesarily Ryu, because posts could be going back & forth, but if he meets the qualification that follows, he could do it) And impartial judge, who is not currently in the battle decide when a Pokemon needs to faint and if an attack hits. It could be just anyone, and it doesnt even have to be the same person the whole battle. He/She would just post whether or not the attack hits in the OOC thread, and when he thinks who should faint.

Or, like I've done before, we decide in advance who's going to win a particular battle through PMs or something. It's not about the results, it's about the (writing) journey to get there!

Edited by TehUltimateMage

That's a good question. Well, I had the idea that for PvP battles, instead of having that annoying endless dodging you mention (I've seen it too, don't like it either), the RPers that'd be battling, should talk between each other, preferably via PMs, who should win. That would take a lot less time to figure a victor plus, you wouldn't need a third party. And maybe you think everyone will want to win, but, as I've seen in several Pokemon RPs I've participated, most people choose to loose, and I can understand that, it helps to develop a character and makes things fair for everyone. I don't know if that'll happen here, but I'd like it was settled between the RPers via PM.

Of course, in the tournament there will be some NPCs (to fill out the missing spots for an even bracket system) on those cases, you'll have to battle, well, me. But it will be just like the wild encounters, only that I will have a pokemon attack and it will be up to you (the adversary) to choose if it hits or not. Again, you can choose to loose on the battle, or maybe have that settle via PMs if you prefer. I have no intention of forcing anyone advance nor loose a battle so, it will be up to the RPer, not me, to choose if they advance or not.

censorkip.gif

I needed to say that, I apologize. My firefox crashed and... censorkip.gif.

So you need a method for pvp battles? I have an idea, just send me a pm and I'll tell you.

*Still have to*

censorkip.gif

I hope you can understand what just happened. And it was such a great post. Oh WHY???? *Fake Sob*

Oh, and those censorkip.gif are not cuss words, they are literally just 4 asterisk.

EDIT: And now that I look at your previous post again... I think my idea is totally opposite to yours. But I prefer mine (Random but whatever.) since mine makes the battle completely fair.

Edited by greenking13

Lots of "cursing" lol ... sent you a PM

@nicknick - I guess you missed the post where I explained that when you teach moves to several pokemon, you have to go one at the time. Or maybe you just got confused. But anyway, what you're doing is wrong, you have to first teach one move to one pokemon, when you're done with that pokemon, move to the next one, and so on untill you're done with the pokemon you want to teach new moves. This means, no starting with all in the same post, but first going with Duskull, then Snadshrew and then Shroomish, for example, not all at once, one at the time. Edit your posts, else I'll only consider one of them learning a new move and the rest having to be taught again.

I lost a 500 word story! I deserve to curse. (It's not the worse, I actually lost a 3000 word post once. I may have almost quit DC.) It had a very important piece of my characters family and how they act. Plus it had a Lopunny.

Now, I'm off to see if there is a way to make firefox crash less. Maybe I'll move to waterfox finally.

EDIT: So you can't start teaching pokemon moves on the same post? I was thinking about writing a post where I train my Biter and if I ever get a second pokemon against eachother, then make them master the moves a post or two after one masters.

Edited by greenking13

Yeah, been there, hate when that happens... but to me is my PC the problem not the explorer, I guess Firefoz has only crashed about 3 times for me, in over 2 years. Still makes you want to destroy the PC... or maybe its just me tongue.gif

And no, you can't start them on the same turn. You can have them practice against each other, but you have to master one move before starting with the other.