Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt - OOC Thread

I know that, but that is in the games, remember we're supposed to use our imagination here, that's why I said that, obviously it wouldn't stop it, but if you think of how the move Night Shade works, projecting a dreadful shadow to scare out the opponent, it makes sense that if you don't see it it wouldn't have the same effect. It would still scare the pokemon, thus making some damage, but would not work as well as it would if the pokemon sees it, that's why I posted that the use of DefenseCurl allowed the Sandshrew to withstand the attack without recieving full damage from it.

And as I said, I'll explain about the Sand Attack. It is the same as before, use your imagination, maybe a Ground Type attack wouldn't hurt a Ghost Type, truth, but Sand Attack is not really an attack, is more like a diversion, throwing sand to your opponent to either blind them or distract them. So, even if an attack like Earthquake wouldn't damage Duskull, Sand Attack, would have distracted it and that's why it works. Same when you thinkg about using Sand Attack, or something alike, against Flying Types who are unaffected by the Ground Type moves as well.

I have a question. If somebody caught a magikarp, how would they level it up? It has only one attack. so it would be literally useless in battle.

The way you always train weak things. With love! No, but seriously, that is a very good question, which also goes for feebas, abra, and a few others. Maybe a special version of training where instead of battling, you require to train your pokemon to use it's current abilities. Like helping magikarp to swim, or abra to teleport? (Accurately.)

@Ryu - Sorry for being so late, insomnia is a terrible thing, and I may have sort of... passed out as soon as I got home. Anyways, all better now, and post is being written, but it may be longer (much?) than my usual. I am adding quite a few things that I feel new trainers will do.

Edited by greenking13

@Melomancer - Well, I've been thinking about that too, didn't decided on the best way to approach that, until now, I believe green's idea of training thosepokemon on their abilities rhather than on moves or battles would be the ebst way to train them. Of course, I will go in depth with that when the time comes, but for now, I hope that answers your question.

@green - don't worry, I have insomnia too, though if I'm not around when you finish your post, you'll have to wait for tomorrow for a reply. Though tomorrow I'll be back earlier than today so hopefully it won't be that much of a wait. And don't worry, add anything you want, as long as it doesn't go against the rules, I'm ok with it, I want to see what ideas everybody has.

What about pokemon abilities like Arons Sturdy, Rock Head, or Heavy Metal? Does it just switch between all of them, or do we choose one, and stick to it?

EDIT: Oh, and close to being finish. I think...

EDIT2: I might be sick, I apologize if any of my posts don't make sense.

Edited by greenking13

@ green - For your starter you choose which one ability you want it to have. But only one of them, it wouldn't be fair they switch several abilities when there are other pokemon that only have 1 ability.

@BeardedKumquat - You'll have to pay attention to my posts when I control the wild pokemon. When it is weak enough I'll post something like "the Rattata started to feel dizzy, missing every move it attempted" or maybe I'll even say it, "clearly, it was too weak to continue battling" this will be a hint for you to try to catch it. Of course, you can always wait for them to faint, which in thw RP, contrary to the games, a faint is just that, the pokemon passed out and it'll need some time to recover, so it would be a good ooportunity to try to catch it.

I had some questions.

First, may I chose my starter's nature, and gender?

May I chose my Sandshrew's ability?

Also, I would like to find held items for my Pokemon, such as Assault Vests, eviolites ...etc. How would I go about that?

Edited by nicknick88

I don't think I really understand how friendship captures work. I assume that when a wild battle starts, we talk to it for three to five posts (more like bribe it with food) and try to convince it to not attack/join the team, before three tries at tossing the pokeball?

@nicknick - Yes, you can choose your starter's nature and gender, I have answer that question before, just read a few posts above and you'll see it, also answer about starter's abilities in there.

And Sandshrew only has one ability, Sand Veil, so I saw nor eason why to state its nature when you caught it. But if your question is motivated by the hidden Ability, don't worry, all pokemon have their Hidden Ability plus one normal ability. This is because, as how I understand it, a hidden Ability, is an ability every pokemon has but they are not aware fo it, like a natural inmunity to Poison from Poison Type pokemon.

Now about your post in the IC Thread, I'd advise you let your Sandshrew rest for a post or two before asking for another event, remember it just got a battle and almost fainted in the end. About Duskull learning Disable, remeber I said, levels are not important here, I only post levels so you have an idea up to what move your pokemon know. having that in mind, you can have 800 battles, and the experience will only be battle experience, they won't learn any moves on their own, you have to teach them the moves. I stated that in the rules, and if you want an idea on how this teaching thing would be like, check TUM's last post, she understood it perfectly and posted what i believe is a good example of the teaching a new move protocole is.

@TUM - Well, sort of... You can tryto bribe them, or any other way you see fit to try a friendship based capture. You have to post that interaction for 3-5 post before trying to capture it. If you fail, you get 1 or 2 more chances later, but yuo'll have to startover with the bribe thing.

Hope it is more clear now.

Edited by RyuKaiser

This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm curious. Since this is more realistic than the anime and games.. Assuming our character has absolutely no regard for their own safety. Could we defeat a Pokemon by personally going into the battle and beating the crap out of them with our bare hands?

Lol that is an amazing question! xd.png

Well, I guess you could, if you go against a Caterpie, you'd win, but if you go against a Nidoking, well, you can imagine waht would happen.

Lol that is an amazing question!  xd.png

Well, I guess you could, if you go against a Caterpie, you'd win, but if you go against a Nidoking, well, you can imagine waht would happen.

user posted image

My amazing paint skills.

Edited by Melomancer

@nicknick - Yes, you can choose your starter's nature and gender, I have answer that question before, just read a few posts above and you'll see it, also answer about starter's abilities in there.

And Sandshrew only has one ability, Sand Veil, so I saw nor eason why to state its nature when you caught it. But if your question is motivated by the hidden Ability, don't worry, all pokemon have their Hidden Ability plus one normal ability. This is because, as how I understand it, a hidden Ability, is an ability every pokemon has but they are not aware fo it, like a natural inmunity to Poison from Poison Type pokemon.

Now about your post in the IC Thread, I'd advise you let your Sandshrew rest for a post or two before asking for another event, remember it just got a battle and almost fainted in the end. About Duskull learning Disable, remeber I said, levels are not important here, I only post levels so you have an idea up to what move your pokemon know. having that in mind, you can have 800 battles, and the experience will only be battle experience, they won't learn any moves on their own, you have to teach them the moves. I stated that in the rules, and if you want an idea on how this teaching thing would be like, check TUM's last post, she understood it perfectly and posted what i believe is a good example of the teaching a new move protocole is.

@TUM - Well, sort of... You can tryto bribe them, or any other way you see fit to try a friendship based capture. You have to post that interaction for 3-5 post before trying to capture it. If you fail, you get 1 or 2 more chances later, but yuo'll have to startover with the bribe thing.

Hope it is more clear now.

Okay, I will edit my post slightly, except for the Duskull part, I was planning on making him practice the move and fail repeatedly in a battle against a wild Pokemon

user posted image

My amazing paint skills.

lol yeah, something like that xd.png

Okay, I will edit my post slightly, except for the Duskull part, I was planning on making him practice the move and fail repeatedly in a battle against a wild Pokemon

Well, that would be a good idea too. I believe you can do that if you want too, I wouldn't mind. Of course, keep in mind, both pokemon would need some sort of rest after the battle they had.

Edited by RyuKaiser

I tried out an event post for you Ryu....

and I figured I'd also join in on the bandwagon of events going on xd.png I left it kinda vague just in case FPD wanted us to have an event together.

Great thanks. And lol, ndon't worry, I'll have an event happen to you adn then if FPD wanted it to be a joined event with you, I'll just make them join tongue.gif

Sorry, I had to go to sleep. Then school.

A joined event was kind of what I had in mind?? But it doesn't really matter, I can just...play this out and see where it goes I guess.

There's still room to join them up xd.png or we can just do a joined event next time. I wasn't sure.

And Ryu... I figured i'd try out the non-fighting option this time since I've always been a bit facinated when someone would do that in the anime. Seemed fun.

Hey guys and gals! I have fantastic news... I finally donated blood for the first time! I tried to the last time it came to my school, but was too young (sadly.)

I will write a post in a while but it may take forever since I am currently typing single-handedly. Oh, and is it okay that Xander walks through a forest instead of on the route. He'll be training there. Hopefully.

@FPD and DH - Well, I wanted to join you both, but since you both used different approaches with your respective encounters, I decided it would be ebst to keep you both apart for now. After all, it would be really hard to have a friendship attemp in the same place a battle is going xd.png So yeah, next time just let me know you want a joined event and I'll prepare one for you both wink.gif

Also DH, I kinda wanted to continue the battle with the mareep tongue.gif

@green - That's cool congrats, I can imagine how much your arm hurts ight now though xd.png And yeah, it is ok as long as you reach Pring Town next, besides, the route is just a path, it has woods around it so you wouldn't be taking a different path really, so, go ahead.

Yeah Ryu I was in the process of typing it when my computer died xd.png I'm working on typing it up again current xd.png Sorry!

Donating blood actually doesn't hurt at all. It's almost painless. It's the nerves that kill you. (Not literal nerves, the figure of speech.)

Now to try and type one-handedly (or from a far way away.). I think I may just try and kill the weedle. (Faint, not actual kill.) It is actually one of the weakest pokemon for me... unless someone wants to trade for it? (I may catch then.)

Finally, you mentioned earlier that we could try and catch a pokemon after it had fainted? Do you mean that unlike the games, if it faints, it's still catchable? (If so, we need restrictions such as less friendly poke.)