Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt - OOC Thread

Roar would probably work by frightening the on-field pokemon so much that they retreat into their ball and don't want to come out (although I'm not sure how it would immediately end a wild encounter if used by a wild pokemon. Maybe Ryu will handwave that.)

The face of NIGHTMARES

user posted image

Though i kinda feel like that might be a little overpowered since it completely terrifies any pokemon no matter the strength or size.

Roar scares a pokemon away... and the trainer sends another pokemon to fight in a trainer battle. Out in the wild roar just scares the pokemon away as the wild pokemon runs for its life... and for some reason nobody ever runs after it.... in the games or anime anyway...

*ponders* running after it could be an option.

Anywho, fun tidbit: for whatever reason, when I saw the picture of the Vulpix I was thinking this was the wrong thread but with familiar people I know... seeing Ryu's name made me wonder if he made a different pokemon rp... so I checked the front page, saw the title and was like "hm, well that's interesting..." so I read part of it and it then dawned on me that I'm in this rp xd.png

Just goes to show why I shouldn't be reading and studying right now.... stress and a high amount of lack of sleep has caused Dh's head to secondguess what she knows was really right all along :/ but I'll be ok. I just may not be on tomorrow actually though... or thursday... research paper to finish touching up and sorting out. otherwords, homework.

Ok, so this now turned into a "hey dh is gonna be gone for possibly two days" announcement.... but I'll still be checking in from time to time... maybe post too if I can... just, if I don't- that's why.

I do hope this made sense.... I feel like it didn't.

Well, Roar would not work like in the games (where I have to say, is annoying), instead it would scare the pokemon off, but in a greater way than Growl does. Instead of scaring the pokemon and make them hesitate (like Growl) it would instead scare the censorkip.gif out of them and make the pokemon unable to counter attacks for a while, lets say 1 or 2 turns (rounds, attacks) dependig on how big, threatening and maybe even trained the pokemon are.

For instance, a level 5? Vulpix could Roar for 10 hours and would not scare a level 100 Garchomp. Remember level are only for example means. But if it Roared at a pokemon of its same level it could easily scare them for a turn or two.

I just noticed that in the IC topic, Ryu put little the cute little icons showing each character's party. biggrin.gif

((And actually, now that I think about it, you can put Melissa's Joltik up there, since it had been revealed already, albeit briefly, in my intro post.))

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Sure, I will.

Also DH, you can control the Chansey, I only controlled her last time bcause I wanted to show that Pokemon Centers are fully equipped with anything a trainer might need. But now, go ahead and control it yourself.

Name: Rosalie "Rose" Kirkland

Appearance: Click~

Personality: Rose is a very childish and easily excited sort of girl with a love for everything cute...which is why most people find her equally intense love for horror and ghost-type Pokemon surprising. She rarely ever gets angry, and when she does, she usually just walks away rather than starting conflict. When it comes to other people, she quite enjoys company and prefers a small group to a large one, though she isn't the least bit uncomfortable in crowds.

Affiliation: Ever since she was a little girl, Rose has wanted to become a Pokemon Rescuer and open a home for neglected or abused Pokemon. However, she's currently just a trainer.

History: Rose was born in the Kanto region, in what is probably the most infamous city...Lavender Town. Despite the rather creepy stories surrounding the area, her family never experienced anything particularly unusual as she grew up there. They, along with most of the other residents, viewed the notorious Pokemon Tower as a place to find inner peace rather than unholy terrors. Many of the children and teens who lived there, Rose included, would often spend hours inside the tower, enjoying the relaxing atmosphere and befriending the various mourners that would file through each day. It wasn't always tranquil, though. When 'brave' trainers would come through to find out exactly where the Lavender Town rumors stemmed from, it would trouble the Pokemon that lived there, to the point that the tower started to actually become creepy as the ghost-types tried to scare off the often disrespectful intruders. Eager to help soothe the Pokemon, Rose and her friends started to make it so the place seemed more haunted; seeming scared and begging trainers not to go in, pretending to be possessed, hiding in the dark and whispering, among other things.

However, while Rose was having fun with her friends, her home life started to grow more and more sour. Her parents began to fight over everything and it soon became clear that their relationship was falling apart. Less than a year later, a few months before Rose turned thirteen, her mother kicked her father out of the house during a particularly emotional fight. That same night, Rose ran after her father and decided she would rather live with him. Unable to stand looking at Lavender Town, or hell, even the Kanto region, her father took her and left. They eventually ended up in the Broskii region and have lived there ever since.

Starter Choice: A ghost-type, please.

Password: Tortillas~

RP EXAMPLE:

...where was he? Crystal crossed her arms over her chest, pouting rather childishly as she stood up on the tips of her toes, balanced on a bench near the outskirts of Ecruteak City. Usually, she and Silver, or 'Silvy' as she often called him (much to his annoyance), would meet here every month or so and have a battle, just for kicks. Even though the redhead was disliked by pretty much everyone who knew him, they were friends. Sort of. More like she liked him and he tolerated her. He was late to their little meeting, though. Really late. Like, by a few hours. Odd. She was actually starting to get a little worried. Still, she was sure it was nothing. Silver wasn't a wimp, so she doubted he was in danger. He had probably just forgotten or something. Yeah, that was it. She hopped down off of the bench, tentatively placing her fingers overtop of the Pokeballs that sat on her belt. Perhaps it would be best if she went and tried to find him...you know, just to smack him upside the head for forgetting. Yeah. With a nervous breath, Crystal grabbed her bike from its resting position against the bench and rode off.

@SparkleLeech - Accepted. I like the backstory of your character. I'll PM you with details about your team.

Ok, now I want to start the tournament, so to do it, I need everyone who has signed up to the tournament to post here (because I can't go read all those pages right now, sort of busy today). And, if there is somebody has signed up and haven't posted in a while, please tell me soi can add them, they'll have untill their battle in the tournament to post again and if they don't post, then their character will loose the battle.

When everyone has "signed up" in here, I'll have the time skip to the next day happen so we can start with the Tournament.

Do we have to say we signed up in the IC thread or can we just post that our characters will so we can time warp to the morning?

EDIT: Ok cool well you can count Emilia in on the tournament.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

No, all I need is that anyone that signed up, post in this thread, that they did join so I can fix the tournament legs and matches. SO no, there is no need for your characters mention any of that in the IC Thread.

Larien will be in the tournament... but probably only with Spinarak. She's somewhat worried that Cleffa's too young (being a baby pokemon and all) to really fight yet... but maybe if Cleffa expresses the wish to want to battle she'll participate...

Oh! I am more than likely to be gone from Tuesday to Thursday of this week... on a camping trip. So I won't have internet.

If I'm not going on the camping trip... odds are I'll be on here all day xd.png Ive got spring break and nowhere really to go much due to weird weather...

Well then that's 5 plus me and Tom we have 7 and if I remember correctly, Alv and Zein would join too so that makes 9. If I count the 2 other that were already signed up when you guys got to the Pokemon Center that'll be 11. I guess it'll be either a round of 16 or maybe even 32.

Or maybe we could make it like the world cup and have groups of four and have the 2 that win the most pass to the elimination round tongue.gif

Opinions please.

Next time I post I'll have the time skip happen so if you have any unfinished business, go take care of them now tongue.gif

Also... my Venipede is kind of an ass xd.png

Edited by RyuKaiser

Yup. Alv is in the tournament.

Would Rose be joining in the tournament?

Also, will we allowed choose what Pokémon we can encounter later on? I really want a Golett/Golurk and a couple of others? And are we allowed to run or a battle and have another "event" immediately after??

Well, I PM'd her about her team and when we had that settled, she said she would post and didn't. I sent her a PM to let her know about thetournament and that she could join if she wanted, but didn't answered. I assume she either is busy or doesn't want to join the tournament so I'm not counting her for it.

And for the future, sadly no. All pokemon encounters are random, though I try to make them happen on a place that'd suit the pokemon. So when we get to an enviroment where you can find a Gollett, I'll keep it in mind and you might get one.

Also, since nobody else has replied, I'll wait until tonight at 10:00 pm (its almos 5pm for me) to recive opinions, if i get no other replies, I'll have the time skip happen so we start the tournament tomorrow.

You will be allowed to use all the pokemonyou signed up. If you signed up all of them, then you can use all of them. Of course,each round has its own rules you'll have to follow, but as long asyou follow then you are free to use everypokemon you signed up.

I'm gonna post sometime later today. Sorry for not being that active! Anyway, since the time is skipped forward now, what do we do if we were in the middle of something the other day?