Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt - OOC Thread

Accepted, i only have a doubt, not really important, but...how does a 15 year old grow a beard? O.o I ask because, by what you swrote in his description, I assume he grows a beard or at least a mustache right? As I said, not important, just wanted to ask. Also, both character seem equally interesting, I like them both.

You can go post in the IC Thread now, check my first post, using the NPC Tom so you have anidea what I expect from each character's first post.

He was originally a bit older, haha. Some guys I know already have a bit of facial hair. Or maybe Florent's just delusional -- your interpretation.

But I could remove it, if you wish. It doesn't make a difference, in the end.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

My friend has a mustache. He's 14.

(He named it Fabio)

So I think a mustache would be possible. Maybe some stubble at 15, but a full grown beard would kinda be weird for a 15 year old.

I have edited my post, sorry, completely forgot about Broskii, aaaand I may have skimmed your storyline, but I reread your whole post so, I'm fine now.

@TehUltimateMage - Don't worry, I was just curious, you don't have to edit it if you don't want to.

@Melomancer - you're right, a mustache if possible, but since I haven't seen anyone that age grow one I was confused, of course there are different people in the world, so that is not a problem, as I said, I was just curious. But yeah, a beard would be almost imposible at that age, I only grew a full beard when I turned 21... but maybe I'm just of late growth... facial hair-waise xd.png

@BeardedKumquat - Alright then, no problem. Accepted now! Just like the same, you're free to go post in the IC Thread now, just take a look at other people's post so you can have an idea on how your first post should go.

Everyone - I have posted in the IC Thread by the way.

Edited by RyuKaiser

Huh. Before I even sent my form, I got this really weird and definite feeling that I would get sneasel as my starter choice. Well, I'm not sure what to pick. Are we allowed to name our starters?

Edited by Melomancer

Hey, do you think capturing that Tauros that attacked me in the RP right after getting my starter is too much? I'm not a fan of Tauros, but I thought it would be pretty cool if my character had a Pokemon that wouldn't obey him, then they can bond overtime and etc.

@Melomancer - Lol, Sneasel was the last pokemon the randomizer threw, even when it didn't match your choices, I thought I'd add it to give you variety. And yes, you re allowed to nickname your starters and all of the pokemon you catch in the future, that is entirely up to you. Also, with your starters, you can pick their gender and nature, so you get a starter you are more comefortable with.

@BeardedKumquat - It would really be interesting to see. Though, Tauros is a strong pokemon, so it would be really really hard to catch it right now. I can let you have a try if you wish, but I can't asure you you'll catch it.

How are we going to know if we're going to catch them or not? Are you going to randomise it? Or do we make it up ourselves? I'm confused. :S

I think we're supposed to do stuff, like battling it, and at the end, we throw a pokeball and wait for Ryu to tell us the results.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I have school in the morning, and won't get back till around 3 in the afternoon. I live in a time zone that's eight hours ahead of GMT. So if I have to leave during an important moment, Could someone control my characters for me?

Edited by Melomancer

How are we going to know if we're going to catch them or not? Are you going to randomise it? Or do we make it up ourselves? I'm confused. :S

Yeah how DO we go about catching wild Pokemon, do we do what we did last time, request a random encounter, and you randomly chose a Pokemon to pop out at us, or what?

I randomly generated a name for birds. It gave me wing-wings. xd.png. Anyway, I feel kinda bad. My posts are the shortest among everyone. sad.gif . could somebody give me a tip on how to make my posts longer?

I randomly generated a name for birds. It gave me wing-wings. xd.png. Anyway, I feel kinda bad. My posts are the shortest among everyone. sad.gif . could somebody give me a tip on how to make my posts longer?

Lol Really, I thought mine were. xd.png. But I think for me it was just learning what tot write. My posts a while ago would have been 3 lines, but as I got older, I just go better. That's all. Don't worry about it.

((I think Zein is going to warm up to Icarus later on in the story, though. LOL))

Ahaha you should see my posts when things have cooled down a little. I generally write maybe a third or less of what I did in that first post. Yeah, I'm working on length too.

Is our entire cast minus Larien male? Wow, what the heck.

Is our entire cast minus Larien male? Wow, what the heck.

WHat can I say? wink.gif Diehard pokemon fan here who's played since Red... i take no offense to being the only female of the group.

My post-amount fluctuates from a paragraph (usually around the size of what Nick posted, maybe a little less) to what I've been posting lately. It depends on time and what's going on... though I have some uncanny ability to post a ton about virtually nothing when needed- or wanted.

But, I second Nick's question. Also, what moves (and how many) do they know? Which I guess can be answered to the level they're at... as well as looking up Bulbapedia or Seribii's movesets to see the starting moves they generally get anyways.

Oh I assumed level 5 for my post since Skorupi has four moves by then. (Three starting, then Knock off at 5.) If that isn't the case though I'll edit.

Also I'm female in real life :P I actually made Dana male partially because there are a lot of female roleplayers in this forum and I was expecting to balance the ratio a bit?? (Also I have a thing for people with androgynous names but yeah.) Haha guess that didn't work out. I'm not exactly a die-hard Pokemon fan, I started with Diamond a while after that came out, but I dabble in competitive from time to time.

I've assumed level five as well, considering they are our starter pokemon, however I still wish it to be clarified smile.gif

And that's cool smile.gif I was referring to being the character girl in the rp though, but I'm glad to know i'm not really the only girl here smile.gif

Probably no egg moves, since they haven't been specially bred.

I considered playing a girl, but by the time I finished my form everyone else posted theirs already lol

And as for writing more, it comes with time and practice, although a good starting point is to really get in-character and consider how he or she sees the world, essentially detailing their thought process. Two characters who would react the same way might have really different motivations, based on their history and experiences.

But don't worry about length. Don't feel like you have to add more things just to fill up space.

Probably not, considering starter pokemon are specifically bred by special breeders to generate the best pokemon there could be for new trainers, yet they also don't want anyone to get the upperhand with the chance of an egg move showing up where someone else didn't receive the same egg move.

The purpose of using the special starter breeders is to effectively, essentially, clone each starter pokemon and pass them along to new trainers. So yes, you could argue that they could throw in an egg move, but, much of the Anime and the videogames do not have pokemon with egg moves unless bred by the trainers or traded from a different breeder.

(to the post above me... I'm going to call you TUM unless you want a different nickname- just say so wink.gif ):

I usually post the amount I am posting now, on a rather regular basis. Just nobody be surprised if I sudden start posting shorter... I'm usually strapped for time then. It'll go back to being rather large once i find free time.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Aaah! lots of posts! lots of questions! sad.gifunsure.gif

Lol joiking. Well, I can see I did miss something very important, letting you all know about your pokemon levels and moves xd.png Sorry about that, I'll explain now:

Pokemon in the RP don't grow up in level, but instead they learn new moves, which in turn would be a good idea to know around what level your pokemon would be (that in case you want to know that).

Starter pokemon are around level 5. This means, they know every move on their moveset up to level 5. So yeah Fractional Pi Day, if your Skorupi would know 4 moves by level 5, it is an alright assumption to have it had known 4 moves. By the way, I'm calling you FPD for short.

And for their moves, just do as Dragon hatchling said, check serebii or bulbapedia and you'll find what you need. Preferably bulbapedia as it will be the one I'll be using for the wild pokemon. And no, neither of the starters have special moves, they are regular pokemon, for now, in the future you can teach them TM moves or maybe even Move Tutor moves (but that'll be when a Move Tutor NPC appears).

About encounters, nicknick is right, we are doing that. When any of you want a pokemon encounter or finding something, etc. Just do this: post a small "Event" in bold at the bottom of your post. That way I'll know you want a pokeon encounter or something else, and I'll roll what ever happens, More likely it'll be a Pokemon Encounter, but it could also be an item Found, or something else.

And about catching. We will do this. The pokemon appears, you reply what you'll do, it could be saying hi to the pokemon, or go straight to attack it, BUT, do not post your attack hits. instead post something like "Pidgey dashed at the foe Rattata to Tackle it" and end it right there, then depending on how goodyou're doing it, writing wise, I'll post if the attack hits, then I'll have the wild pokemon react to your post and so on until the time to decide wether the pokemon is caught or not comes. For that momment, just post you threw a pokeball or something like that and I'll do the rest.

Now about posting improvement Melomancer, all I can say is, like the rest, it will come with time and experience. When I first started i wouldn't write more than 2 or three lines, and that was for important stuff. But as time passed I grew better, and you hear the others, the same happened to them. So, do not feel bad if your posts are the shortest among others here, they are good enough for the RP, else I wouldn't have accepted you, and if you wish to get better, hear TUm's suggestions and in time you'll improve, so don't worry.

Hello guys! Been too long, but I need something to do besides destroy my sanity with the thousands of essays my school throws at me. Plus, I am getting rusty and want to sharpen my writing skills.

Name: Alexander "Xander" (I hate last names... give me a while for that.)

Appearance:

Xander's face

Xander (Which is what he prefers to be called.) is slightly over six feet tall, wearing a light black jacket, and a white button shirt (Casual, not business) with gray (they used to be black) jeans. (By the way, his outfit will change, I think it's strange when they wear the exact same clothes every day.) He carries most of his stuff in his back pack ( Back pack ), but his pokeballs are on a magnetic belt that loops through only a single loop. (So that it looks like a chain, hanging off his right side.)

Personality:

(I hate this section.) Xander is a really kind person, but acts like a dick, so that he won't get to close to other people. (For what will become an obvious reason.) He truly loves pokemon, with usually befriending more pokemon than beating them up by throwing pokeballs at them. (Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks that this is ridiculous, right?)

Affiliation:

Xander wishes to be traveler such as his father, but first wants to challenge the elite four in the Broskii Region.

History:

A brief history of your character. If they are not from the Broskii Region why did they moved there. Any important events in his/her life goes here. Xander is originally from the Johto region, being born to James _________ and Veronica __________, but began to travel around with his father at a very young age, allowing him to learn much sooner about pokemon than most people. After traveling with his father for about five years, his father, for unknown reasons, sent him permanently back to live with his mother, which is where he has lived for the past four years. Xander decided to travel to the Broskii region for two reasons, first for a new start, his father and him had never traveled there, and also to try and find his father, who stopped messaging them a few weeks after sending Xander back.

Random History:

-While traveling with his father, he became a certified pokemon trainer at the age of nine.

-He never got a pokemon because his father decided that he would officially travel as a trainer at the age of twelve, but his father vanished before this could happen. He hasn't started traveling because he didn't want to worry his mother.

-He once befriended an eevee while traveling in the Kanto region, but decided that it would be better to leave it with Nurse Joy in Viridian City. Xander wishes to return to try and get eevee, but knows that it is unlikely that it is still there after all these years.

-His father was a archeological explorer, which means that Xander knows a bit more than average about different regions legends.

Starter Choice:

Larvitar

Eevee (Please!)

Riolu

(Yeah, I know most are OP, but their evolutions happen to be a few of my favorite pokemon.)

Password:

I don't want tortillas, can I have some chips and salsa instead?

RP EXAMPLE:

"Contestants, you are down to your final pokemon. The winner of this round will win the Johto League! Now, send out your pokemon!" , the female referee, with a premier ball hat, said.

Nick took a deep breath, this was the moment he had been waiting for all his life. It was now only him and Lance. This would decide if he was worthy of challenging his father, the twelve-year champion of the Sinnoh League.

"You better give it your all Nick! Even if you lose today, show your father how far you've come!", Lance yelled at him as he threw out his last pokemon... Dragonite. Nick smiled grimly. "I won't lose after coming this far Lance. I will win!", he hollered back as he threw out his very first pokemon. His Leafeon.

Two things. One, there is something hidden in my RP example, if you can find it, you are pretty awesome and know pokemon. Two, I apologize if anything is misspelled or if my grammar is terrible, I have been having trouble with my grammar as of late. Oh, and if my posts are too short (they will never be less than a paragraph), just tell me. I don't mind.

@greenking13 - Accepted. But, if I understood correctly, you're either son of Cinthya or the protagonist of the D/P/P games right? And do not worry, if needed I'll tell you.

Now, go ahead and post your introduction, like the other did. Everything from the morning of the day you leave up to the point you reach Pine's lab to get your pokemon.