Kaiserf11

Pokemon: Legends Revolt - OOC Thread

We do have a good amount... though I don't think more would necessarily hurt. Granted, I don't think having a hundred or so people would be a good idea either ....

but that's my thought.

((Im trying to create my XY team in this. 2/6 down. 4 to go))

Ryu, I want to find held items, such as an eviolite, assault vest, choice scarf .... How would I go about finding them? I understand you said post the bold event, but is there another way, because that is completely random, and you mostly find wild Pokemon. Can I buy such items from the shop?

Edited by nicknick88

Can we just pick up berries wherever? Like, the berry bush Grim was eating from earlier. Would Icarus be able to go back there and stock up? Anyway, just to make this clear, Wing-wings can't use wing-attack to its maximum power yet, he just managed to pull of an extremely basic one. I'll make him practice more later on.

Wing-wing's wings wing-attacked the log.

What a tongue-twister. xd.png

They will win with winged Wing-wing's wings' wing-attack or perhaps a wing wind whipped up with Wing-wing's wings.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

They will win with winged Wing-wing's wings' wing-attack or perhaps a wing wind whipped up with Wing-wing's wings.

My brain huuuurrrts now xd.pngtongue.gif

What is that from???

Also, I'm sorry to not have gotten a post out yet, but I have decided that today is "Spring Cleaning DAy" (AKA Green's OCD Day) where I will be reorganizing my whole room, as well as cleaning (AKA Burning) it . I will try and get a post out in the next 12 hours or so. Hope it's okay,

Green

P.S. Now, let's talk about stat boosts, what will they be doing? Will they stack similarly like the games, or go another direction?

The tongue-twister? I just made that up.

Anyway, for stat boosts and things I think some of them (like Harden or Hone Claws) do stack, and would have the effect described in the move description. Growl would scare the opposing pokemon and make them hesitate when they attack (and so it reduces their attack power), for example. Tail Whip makes the opponent focus on that wagging tail and not see the next strike coming, thereby lowering defense.

Lots of questions, brain hurting ninja.gif

About more RPers, yeah, more wouldn't hurt, right now we're 8, I guess having a ma of 15 would be alright, its a still handable number so I wouldn't be agaisnthaving that many, but past that number it could become too crowded. I have advertised the RP in the RP Bulleting Board, maybe we can get somebody interested this way. But if you wish to invite someone or advertise the RP by yourself, you're welcome to, I won't say no to any ideas.

Now, lets talk about two things you asked and that I wanted to talk about for the entire week but I have been stalling it.

First of all, theheld items. Remeber I asked to post for an "Event"? Well, that is because it will work for you as a random event, seriously, random. It will include finding anything from held items, evolutionary stones, TMs, special pokeballs and even some key items (like the thing for mega Evos...although I'm still hesitant about that one), including of course, wild pokemon encounters and you could also encounter an NPC given it is for a random battle, plot development or anything, it can be anything. So, an Event would be basically be asking for "throw me anything right now" but, right now all you have gotten are wild encounters because, having a tournament event in the next town, I though it would be best for you all to get used to how battling works, so you wouldn't have doubts about it during the event. And of course, catching pokemon if wanted too.

Now about the berries and other status healing items (potions, paralyze heal, etc.). Right now, I've allowed you to use them as you please, BUT, after you arrive at Pring Town, that will stop, you won't be able to use a Potion or give your pokemon a berry during a battle, after reaching Pring Town, you'll have to wait for the battle to be over to use or give them anything. And no, from Pring Town onwards, you won't just pick up berries randomly, unless they are Oran Berries, and again, only able to use them outside of battle. From Pring Town onwards, when you ask for an event, you might encounter berries, potions, paralize heal, lava cookies, etc. Anything that can cure a status problem will be gifted via Events.

And now, lets talk about boost or status attacks. I have imagined them the same way TUM explained. They would not be like "oh yeah Tail Whip, the pokemon does ntohing but the foe's defense is decreased" like it seems to happen in the games. No, it will be like TUM said, a Growl would not really lower the pokemon's attack per say, it would scare them, making a pokemon hesitant to atatck. Same goes for Tail Whip, the move would not directly lower the defense, instead it would have the foe focus on the tail movement and thus have it distracted to be able to land a hit easily. And so on for many others (can't think of another right now), that is also the same reason that using the same movement several times would not make any difference as if it was used only once, there will be no point to continue doung the same thing if the effect will remain the same as the first time.

Also, for everyone who has already finished their battle and want to go to Pring Town, you are fre to do so, just give me some time, I'll be posting something using Tom and you can then go to Pring Town if you want to.

Another thing, to prevent anyone to swarm themselves with pokemon, after Pring Town I'll stablish a limit on how many pokemon you can have, the limit is a ceiling, it means, it will bbe the max pokemon you can have for that momment, theminimum, well that is 1, the max I'll stablish it later, already have a number in mind, but will let you know after the event at Pring Town. And don't worry nikcnick, it is not 3, so if you want to catch that Shroomish you can, don't worry.

Are there any shops in this RP? If there are, then we'll need some way to keep track of how rich everyone is. And as mentioned, Florent is only able to make Poffins if he is in town, and has at least one berry on hand (obtained through events, which might take a while to get the right one. tongue.gif). I hope that's fine with you, Ryu.

I'll get an actual post up soon, and do some socializing around Pring Town, if anyone's interested. Been pretty busy recently.

Since Larien had been traveling to get to the Broski region... I had in a post somewhere that she has a pouch of berries already.... there's not a ton, but there's a bit of a mix.

I can list that if you want, as well as explain how she got them....

And don't worry though, I don't plan on using the berries very often unless absolutely needed, or for friendship captures. Or if my pokemon get hungry- which was the main reason she has the pouch to begin with smile.gif

Haha. I did that on purpose to confuse people, but I ended up confused myself after reading yours.

@TUM - Don't worry aboutt he money, anything you'd buy with it (Pokeballs, Potions, etc) will be given via events, except for normal pokeballs, that will remain at 5 once you get to a Town or City. For example, you leave Nut Town with 5 pokeballs, lets say you captures 2 pokemon, that makes you have 3 now, but when you arrive at Pring Town, it is reset'd to 5 again.

And for things like poffins and pokeblocks, you can use as many berries as you wish, you can carry as much of those as you want, they will be under the pokemon food category fo Pokemon Food, which you don't need to keep track of how many you buy, instead, yuo just say "my character bought some pokemon food" or "my character made some poffins/pokeblocks" and that's it, no need to worry. Of course, since they are used as pokemon food, you won't be using them as status healers, this means if a poffin or pokeblock could heal a pokemon from poison, you won't be able to use it for that, they will be limited to bepokemon food and nthing more.

Same goes for berries, if you want to use them as pokemon food, keep as many as you wish, but to use them as status healers (cure poison, paralisis, recover hp, etc) you cna't use them. The berries that you can use for that I'll give them via events, and fo course, I won't be cheap with that, when giving out a berry, I'll give from 2-5 berries, specially for the longest routes where there is no acces to Pokemon Centers.

@DH - Well, if you want to use them as statushealers, yes, it will be good to list them, which one they are and what are they used for. If you use them exclusively as pokemon food, then do not worry, you don't have to do that.

Can Pokemon communicate with each other? I know there are a lot of signs like that in the Pokemon universe, but I was wondering if it's still the same in this RP.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

Yeah, I don't see why not. Go ahead, as long as you don't try to control what the wild pokemon "says", then there is no problem.

It may take a while, but I WILL GET A POST TODAY! (OCD is gone, room is perfect, and lots of free time!)

Oh, and also, is it okay if Xander doesn't participate in the competition? I feel like he would rather continue training after seeing all that has happened so far.

@green - It is ok, you only participate if you want to, if you don't want to participate then you're free to skip the event.

@nicknick - Your Duskull is Paralized and as I said before, returning ti to the pokeball won't cure it. I have already posted Shroomish left a cloud of spores that if your pokemon or you want to go through you'll have to pass through it, this means you can't avoid it. Plus you keep ignoring the fact Duskull is Paralized, so I don't think you're giving me any reasons to have the Shroomish appear to you again.

Zein

Shroomish glared at the boy as he attempted to do the same useless trick again. This time, instead of preparing an Absorb attack, Shroomish decided to counter the strategy straigth. When it saw the pokeball getting off the boy's hand, it ran in its direction, Tackling the sphere before it could open. The force of the hit sent the pokeball back to its trainer, hitting him in the face and forcefully opening it, making the Duskull inside, although confused and hurt by the rumbling insde the pokeball, to be released and along with it, the Night Shades it was preparing, the attacks eveloping both trainer and his pokemon. Shroomish grined, and by shaking its body hard to realease a cloud of purple dust, it resumed its path back home, knowing that given they followed, they would either get paralized or poisoned, or maybe even both when passing through the cloud of mixed dust it had left behind.

Edited by RyuKaiser

You know, not to be a bully or anything, I think Zein is doing okay, he doesn't have that flawed of a strategy, but it only depends on if paralyze is actually permanent or if it comes and goes. If the second, then he is pretty perfect, his pokemon is moving when it can, not ignoring the paralyze but trying to coexist with it.. Plus he is moving underground to avoid the spore cloud. At least, that is how I read his actions, am I wrong?

In the anime and the games, Paralysis is not 'permanent'. It is a constant threat, but pokemon are still able to move from time to time. Unless it gets worse... and my experience with both game and anime, it can get worse. Game depends on luck. Anime, depends on what happens. I'll explain.

I see no problem with Nick's most recent post (I'm trying to find the rest of them as I type) and can understand that the Duskull is still paralyzed, but I see that Nick is using the Ghost Type properties to his advantage. They can pass through solid objects, thus avoiding the Effect Spore clouds that Shroomish sent out.

However: I do not believe Zein or his Duskull can avoid these forever. Especially with the way Duskull is attacking. The spores dispearse through the air, covering a large area quite quickly depending on a few factors. Wind can whip those away, but Duskull is uncapable of providing the amount of wind to do that. It's not windy, and humans themselves cannot either. Hitting Shroomish would cause it to send out more, creating a larger concentration that can quickly cover the entire area. This would also effect the trees, plants, ground- anything in its path. It wouldn't be terribly noticable to the human eye, but it does effect everything. A thin layer of the spores would settle everywhere it touched, and if Zein hit any of those it would effect him too. But Duskull's tactic now leaves him increasingly vulnerable to have the Paralysis get worse. Or have him Poisoned too ((can we have multiple types of status? either way-)). The mixture of Poison and Paralysis ((Effect Spore also has a chance of sleep..... so...)) would be able to cause Duskull's Paralysis to worsen when the spores do come into contact with him again. He will, thus, not be able to move even more by then and if it gets severe enough he won't be able to move at all.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

^

That is a much much much better explanation than my own. Mine only included the reasoning, not the outcome. Now something that the games didn't do...

Can you have multiple afflictions? Like be poisoned, paralyzed, asleep, burned, and confused? (I feel so sorry for this poor pokemon. It will never survive anything.) Oh and I have something to talk to you about in a pm, will send it in about 5-10 minutes Ryu? (Is that an okay nickname? I never asked.)

@nicknick - Your Duskull is Paralized and as I said before, returning ti to the pokeball won't cure it. I have already posted Shroomish left a cloud of spores that if your pokemon or you want to go through you'll have to pass through it, this means you can't avoid it. Plus you keep ignoring the fact Duskull is Paralized, so I don't think you're giving me any reasons to have the Shroomish appear to you again.

Wait, I'm not dumb, I understand putting it in its Pokeball won't cure it. I did, however, notice it wasn't acting paralyzed, so I tried to state that in my last post, by saying while it was phasing through the tree, and underground, it had to periodically stop, because it was paralyzed. If that wasn't good enough, sorry, I'll make sure to waste a turn next time.

But the cloud, I'll have to disagree with that. In real life anyone with common sense would go around. It's not infinite. I can go around it. It's not underground either. You don't HAVE to pass through it. If you see it, just take a detour

I'll edit my post, to make sure I waste a turn. But In all common sense my Duskull can really just float above the poison cloud. And if not, he can just go around. And even if he did go through the cloud, you can only be affected by one status affect at a time in the first place. As in you can't be paralyzed and poisoned/burned at the same time.

Edited by nicknick88

Hmm... I can't say what Ryu is exactly saying (the same goes for DH), but in the sense that the cloud isn't infinite, you are right, but I think DH is saying that when duskull comes up from the underground, he will be hit by the lying spores. Still may be wrong, but there is my two cents. Now sorry to talk and dash, but I have to go. Be back in about 10-20 minutes.

EDIT: Well, he hasn't actually said if only one status effect affects the pokemon yet. You may want to wait until he says something.

Edited by greenking13