prpldrgnfr

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I guess I missed the memo that we don't keep the Garden, only the messages you receive. sad.gif I liked watching my plants grow, so only sent out extras of the ones I have.

I never took a pic of my garden, but my favorite one was the Red Mini Rose with the random Blue rose in it. It was one of the last ones that grew up.

Before and after sending my flowers out (it took me the entire week just to get a full garden)

user posted image

user posted image

I was hoping to get every last one of my flowers sent out before the event ended.

Sadly I ended up distracting myself with reading one of my favorite books to some of my friends

through skype and ended up getting only a few last-minute flowers out.

Thy garden, just before being ransacked, was rather

breathtaking based on my history of gardening attempts.

user posted image

Does anyone else feel just super lost now with the event over?

I spent countless hours coming and checking my garden and sending out plants that now that it's over I keep checking back into here and my scroll going... what to do now?????

I am very disappointed we were not allowed to keep our gardens.

It makes since that we would not be able to grow anymore flowers and we wouldn't need our aquired seed list either but I really wanted to keep my garden- it had turned out so nicely.

I wish I had seen this topic in time to copy a picture of my garden.

If we got to keep our snow forts why not the garden too? I'd love to hear someone's ideas on this.

I'm as dissapointed as you are, Cygnis. sad.gif

I could not enter last night and only can keep flowers that were sent to me.

But in 2 days, I could have send away quite a lot of flowers that have grown. Sorry for that.

I didn't know when the event was to finish. My fault. sad.gif

This is a general thread reminder that this thread is not about wanting to keep your garden it is about showing your garden off.

edit: Threads of interest:

Two are closed but are linked as they contain answers from TJ.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=159178 Suggestion for future events like the garden, Because it seemed right...

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=159153 Project: Save the Garden 2.0

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=159137 Project: Save the Garden

Edited by rubyshoes

Does anyone else feel just super lost now with the event over?

I spent countless hours coming and checking my garden and sending out plants that now that it's over I keep checking back into here and my scroll going... what to do now?????

Here's a crazy idea: Start playing a farm game ! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Well, here's my garden as full as possible, as I sent out flowers all the time:

user posted image

And most of these were never sent out, as I had to go to bed last night:

(notice especially the Dragons Head, the Lily of the Valley and the Dandelion - lost forever)

user posted image

If only it would have stayed for 1 more hour, I woke up only half an hour after the event finished this morning - but someone would always say that, no matter when it ended. We're people here from all over the world - and so helpful to eachother !

YAY for US in this community !!! biggrin.gif

I already miss my garden. :'(

Here, I took a last picture shortly before it was over. Almost everything grew up in time. I wish we could have kept it.

user posted image

This was my little paradies garden before i send of each and every one of my pretties. t least i have this picture to remind me how much fun it was to collect and raise them. smile.gif

user posted image

I am very disappointed we were not allowed to keep our gardens.

It makes since that we would not be able to grow anymore flowers and we wouldn't need our aquired seed list either but I really wanted to keep my garden- it had turned out so nicely.

I wish I had seen this topic in time to copy a picture of my garden.

If we got to keep our snow forts why not the garden too? I'd love to hear someone's ideas on this.

TJ:

Unlike many past events, this isn't a "public" event. You're not building a vase full for all to see, or constructing a fort, you're sharing flowers between individuals.

Encouraging people to leave their gardens in a "pretty" state proportionately discourages sending flowers to others--which is the main point of the event. You can't send away flowers if you're too busy arranging your garden in just the right pattern.

It was never designed to have a public aspect to it (beyond random sending, but that's still individuals), and I don't plan to change that.

The forts were about building your own thing. The Flowers were about sending them to people, not keeping them for yourself.

A lot of people spent all their time putting their gardens together, and not sending them out. The point was to trade them, and a lot of people spent countless hours helping eachother out to collect them all, and sending fun and cute messages. Thats what the event was about.

Its like sitting with family on Christmas morning while they exchange gifts, and you sit in the middle with a pile of presents you're meant to give out, but you keep them all instead.

I guess I missed the memo that we don't keep the Garden, only the messages you receive. sad.gif I liked watching my plants grow, so only sent out extras of the ones I have.

I never took a pic of my garden, but my favorite one was the Red Mini Rose with the random Blue rose in it. It was one of the last ones that grew up.

Same here sad.gif, I wish that we could keep the garden like the other events. Have it frozen in time and for us to visit.

Oh, I was the same until the last day, when I finally caught on, and ended up spending all afternoon/evening sending out flowers madly!