_Z_

Reminder Regarding Signatures

This site certainly can't control what other sites allow, so it isn't hypocritical at all. You can't post them here and the reasons have been pretty well spelled out. You can post them where ever else you please unless the other site has restrictions.

If they are posted on other sites, it all links back here, so that is enough drain on the bandwidth don't you think? With the many fan sites in addition to any postings in sigs on other sites?

If loading the images on another site causes a drain for the other site, the other site can disallow whichever images it wishes to eliminate anything it considers clutter or spam. That is the decision of the other site. DC would only have something to say about it if the hotlinking (or whatever the correct tern would be) became a drain on DC.

You missed it xd.png

*Quietly sits and wonders why new rules are always being discussed until they drop dead like a horse after a marathon run*

Just a question, are only egg links like view/lineage links (hidden under a clickable image of the egg) forbidden, or those automatic incubators that hatcheries sometimes provide you with too?

Quietly sits and wonders why new rules are always being discussed

In this case I think part of the reason people are discussing it a lot is because they're confused, thinking that it *is* a new rule, rather than being a reminder like the subject says, reminding us of stuff that has always been.

*Quietly sits and wonders why new rules are always being discussed until they drop dead like a horse after a marathon run*

Just a question, are only egg links like view/lineage links (hidden under a clickable image of the egg) forbidden, or those automatic incubators that hatcheries sometimes provide you with too?

The incubators are fine (even the scrolling ones) because they are not a direct view link, people still have to click on it to visit your scroll.

Why wouldn't it be? Which link were you doubting?

i was just wonder if my signature was okay that is all, and looks like it's ok.

Understandable...

I am relieved to see there is no limit to the number of kittens one is allowed to have in one's signature.

Is my sig within board rules?? just checking..

You are okay! It is only links to individual eggs/hatchlings that are disallowed. Links that lead to your scroll are fine. smile.gif

You are okay! It is only links to individual eggs/hatchlings that are disallowed. Links that lead to your scroll are fine. smile.gif

Thank you purplehaze smile.gif

So just to check as done in past and wish to check before doing again, if want to show egg have for trade in siggy. I have only ever shown a generic image from the linkies of eggs with a click to the lineage view only of the egg I have to offer - is this ok?

Edited by lilacamy931

Hm, and I'd like to check it's okay I have my sig like this.

The image is hosted on my own photobucket (though it's url is shortened with tj's url shortener), and it links to my scroll page, NOT to an egg's view page. I even asked one of the artists (Corteo I think?) long ago if it was okay to use it, because the art usage form wasn't clear about egg sprites.

As far as I can tell, this is okay, but it might look like it's against the rules...?

Hm, and I'd like to check it's okay I have my sig like this.

The image is hosted on my own photobucket (though it's url is shortened with tj's url shortener), and it links to my scroll page, NOT to an egg's view page. I even asked one of the artists (Corteo I think?) long ago if it was okay to use it, because the art usage form wasn't clear about egg sprites.

As far as I can tell, this is okay, but it might look like it's against the rules...?

Yes, it's fine.

Members posting eggs/hatchlings/Dragons in signatures.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=boardrules

Any eggs/ dragons links fall within this Board rule, please remove all clickable links.

I would just like to remind everyone that this is not an update in the rules; it was simply a reminder of what is already in the rules. Withe prizes handed out, users were very excited to share them, and there was a rash of people putting eggs and growing dragon links in signatures, and many were put in as lineage links to avoid the eggspam rule.

From TJ09, third post in the thread:

Lineage and view links to adult dragons or frozen hatchlings should be okay to post or put in your signature.

I should update the rule wording to clarify that.

Please do not post lineage or view links of growing dragons in your signature. Images should be hosted by you or someone else but should not be linked directly from dragcave.net itself.

I think this thread has been open long enough to serve as a good reminder. If you are really worried about your signature, please feel free to PM any board moderator to double check.

Thanks

~Sock and the rest of the modding team