Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

((My apologies for going quiet. Real life has been getting in the way. I'll try to be more active from now on, but I should warn you all I won't be able to post from the 17-21 March. I'm going on holiday and won't be able to make any long posts on my Vita.))

When Elrihm heard the stairs creaking he realised that Mia had returned home. About time too.

"Mia!" he called to her from the study as he strode towards the door. He flung it open and saw her racing up towards him. "It seems we have been invited to the palace tomorrow. I will need my armor cleaning and repairing, as well as fresh clothing."

Normally the Fae wore extravagant suits and dresses on such an occasion, but as a favourite of the King and as a warrior Elrihm could wear his armor instead. This suited him well as not only was he more comfortable in his armor, but many ladies seemed to like it as well.

Elrihm glanced down and re-read the invitation.

"It seems you may come as well" he said. "Do you have anything suitable to wear?"

((Drow if you wish I can have Elrihm take Mia to the market for a dress and purchase Ezra. It is up to you though.))

Mia quickly came to a stop when she heard Elrihm calling her by name which caused her to hurry towards the door his voice came from. Just as she came closer to the study the door flung open causing her to stop in her tracks. Listening carefully she nodded at her masters orders while he spoke but when he told her that she may go as well she started to blush again. She had never gone to a grand affair this special nor did she even own anything nice to wear.

“N-no sir, I only have the maids dresses you bought for me since I became your servant.” Mia stated trying her best to hide her blush.

"Damn" cursed Elrihm smacking his fist against the doorframe. "That means we will have to go back to the market. If you need to be measured it will take at least a day for them to make something I can present you to the court in."

Typical. All he wanted to do was sleep and he had to spend the day running errands. The treant wasn't helping by rubbing his mood its head against his legs in an unwanted display of affection. Bloody thing. Elrihm kicked it away and turned his attention back to Mia.

"Very well. I have a new servant girl chopping wood in the yard. She's too broken to bother taking to the palace so we'll just leave her here. Go and see to her, get her a meal and some decent clothing and then meet me in the hall. You have five minutes."

((I'm up for anything. Not much I can post at the moment though and I likely won't be able to post a reply to anything until tomorrow. My 2nd stocktake in the space of two weeks, so I won't be home until midnight. Brightside is I don't have to leave to work until 12 ish tomorrow.

Mia gave a quick nodded and rushed down the stairs towards where the new girl would be. At that moment all that could go through Mia’s mind was that she was that she was going to wear a different kind of dress, a dress that would be nice. She was nervous and scared at the same time wondering what her master would allow her to wear. As Mia reached the back yard she introduced her self quickly and told the girl to follow her.

In the kitchen she took out a bowl and filled it with some of the left over soup she had made for her master.

“There is a loaf of bread there if you want to dip it in your soup.” Mia spoke as she quickly walked around the corner finding some of her spare clothes and placed it next to the girl.

“They seem a bit big for you but inside here.” Mia showed the inside one of the dresses. “Here is two strings you pull tighter in order to fit you. It will look a bit more frilly but the master doesn’t mind that much. When you’re done where you need to finish with the wood chopping and after that can you clean a bit in the kitchen. The master wants me to go out with him into town but we most likely wont be long.”

The girl nodded and Mia quickly dusted herself off before she made her way towards the hall. Her hair was also in a bit of a mess with all the haste and she quickly ran her fingers through her hair before she tied it up again. She knew she had to look decent, with a fae like Elrhim she had to look presentable all the time. Just as she finished she stepped in to the hall noticing her master waiting for her. Her stomach turned slightly knowing this was the second time he had to wait for her. Please don’t be angry she thought to herself as she stepped closer.

((Okay Drow, we'll see how we go smile.gif))

When Mia raced off to see to the new girl Elrihm sauntered down the stairs and stood by the door to wait for her. Mia reappeared just within the time limit her gave her, although she looked a little flustered. Elrihm took little notice and grabbed her wrist.

"Come."

Once again he teleported to the edge of the market. He was beginning to wonder if he shouldn't just set up a camp here. While the market was still as busy as it was before there seemed to be some sort of commotion going on further down the street. Pergaps he'd take a look later.

Still holding Mia's wrist Elrihm started to march towards the dressmaker's boutique. Like most of the stores in the market it was primally run by several human servants overseen by their Fae owner. When Elrihm stepped inside he saw that he was not the only customer they had. The entire floor was full of Fae ladies being tended to and serviced by the human girls. This was't a store were humans normally bought clothes for themselves, but Elrihm was damned if Mia was going to show him up. He had standards to uphold.

(I don't know why but I want to give Shaun the need to wear an eyepatch... any ideas?)

Shaun stared at the small pile of clothes. He couldn't believe something so... upper class would ever be presented to him to wear. Ordinarily he would have rather sold the clothes on the black market then wear them. He lifted up the shirt, it was a simple yet stylish buttoned shirt made of silk, a colour of a light pale blue. Shaun grimaced as he swung the shirt around slipping his arms through the sleeves. He buttoned up the shirt and debated on whether or not to roll up the sleeves. In such company, they would probably look down on him for doing so. He looked down at the white cravat sitting off to the side, Oravil was going to suffer for his choice of clothes, that was a fact. And Beldam probably wouldn't mind too.

Shaun looked down at the jacket and vest that were to go with it; the vest was plain black whilst the jacket was a deep shade of green with gold patterns embroidered all over in the standard Fae design. Sighing he swung the coat around in a similar fashion to the shirt, however he didn't realise how long the coat actually was, it managed to reach his ankles, even with his considerable height. He supposed there were some elves who were just as tall or taller, the king amongst them.

Shaun looked in the mirror, somewhat impressed in how well he cleaned up. He fingered at the cravat around his neck, far too fancy. He was somewhat happy that the dark green pants didn't have any more swirling golden designs that matching jacket included. He looked down at the black pair of boots, polished to a dull sheen, with silver accents. He would put them on before they left, he decided. He looked once again in the mirror, Beldam would probably request him to style his hair to something more eccentric... apart from his large scar across his forehead.

Sighing with resolution Shaun opened the door to the bathroom and exited, not looking straight ahead waiting to hear the laughter from his two younger siblings.

(I hope you don't mind me placing Brandy, Oravil and possibly Beldam there [you decide]?

Oh and consider Shauns formal attire to look like this only with design changes mentioned above.

I'm struggling to visualise the patterns on the coat, think of roots and branches that curl a lot... maybe look like thorns?)

Mia’s felt dizzy for a few seconds when Elrhim suddenly teleported them just outside the market. She could never get use to the feeling of this kind of magic not even that time when she was a guinea pig for her previous master a position mistress. Without warning Elrhim started to pull her through the crowed and Mia almost tripped a couple of times as they walked. When they entered one of the shop Mia studied it a bit noticing several people scurrying around and helping fae’s. Some measured fabric, other measured the fae’s but it was so busy she didn’t even know if they would have been helped. Eventually Mia noticed this wasn’t a shop that her kind would visit it was to… upper class and fae-ish. Suddenly her stomach turned slightly as her nerves started to build up.

Tess found her higher-up, and handed her the money. It was meticulously counted before the other woman looked up at her. "This is all in order." She paused for a moment before speaking again. "The King and Queen are holding an event tonight. You will be singing for entertainment. Choose a couple of songs, and get yourself into something decent. You should probably take a bath too."

Noticing where the woman's eyes were focused, she self-consciously touched her cheek. A bit of dirt came away on her finger. She smiled slightly, wryly, before turning around and heading to her quarters.

Seconds... minutes... hours... Ezra could not tell. With his sense of sight rendered useless, he could only rely on what he could hear, feel or smell and for what seemed like a long time he could hear nothing nor could he move his hands far enough to feel anything besides the cold metal floor of the cage he was trapped in. As for the smell... the odour he had no choice but to inhale was reminiscent of what a modern day pigsty would reak off and was a smell that Ezra would wish to forget sooner rather than later.

"Take this one and load it onto the cart" came the sudden voice of Dargramir, the sudden introduction of his voice and Ezra's shock awareness to the Unseelie's sudden presence in the room caused him to flinch ever so slightly. The sensation of being lifted, carried and than dropped by forces he could not see felt surreal to Ezra, who now had the added sensation of warmth radiating around him; now that he was loaded onto the cart outside.

Dargramir leaned in towards the cage and growled, the air from his nostrils and the foul scent of his breath invading Ezra's personal space. Without uttering another word, Dargramir proceeded around the cart and prepared to board it, before being stopped.

"I'll be the one making the sale..." came the voice of Volesh, appearing from within the tent like structure. "You've already made a mess of things... I'd rather you did not mess this up as well... I will be demanding top value for this slave... we will need all the gold we can get to cover up this mess..." Volesh brushed passed Dargramir and in one swift motion leap onto the cart.

"To the Market Bazaar" he spoke, pointing forward. The slaves already leashed onto the cart began to pull.

As soon as she had waved her way her last customer a shop attendant came hurrying over to Elrihm. She was a tall human woman in her mid thirties and when she approached the Fae warrior she grabbed her skirts and gave him a quick curtsey.

"My lord" she said rising up again. "How may we serve you?"

Elrihm grabbed Mia's wrist and dragged her forward.

"I want a new dress for this one. She will be accompanying me to the ball tomorrow and I wish for her to look presentable."

The woman was rather taken back at being asked to make a dress for a servant girl, but she managed to recover quickly. It wasn't up to her to decide such things.

"Yes my lord" she said with another short curtsey. "I'll will take her for measuring right now."

She motioned to Mia to follow her to the back of the shop to a curtained area.

Mia was tugged forward once more as Elrhim explained the necessary. Mia wondered how big of a thing this was seeing that her master had tugged her the whole time. As the servant woman gestured Mia to follow she looked up at Elrhim. A small hint of fear was in her eyes. Eventually she moved and followed the woman to the back where there were several “stalls” and every now and then a human servant popped in and out with fabric, dresses and other unique items.

“In here.” The woman spoke as she held open curtain. “Take of your uniform and stand on the stool.”

“What?!” Mia asked looking bewildered at the woman.

“I can’t measure you with your clothes on so please just take of the dress. You can keep on whatever is under it.”

Mia hesitated for a while thinking that she should run back and tell Elrhim to take one of the other servants but if she did that it might lead to a beating. Slowly Mia stepped into the stall and the woman closed the curtain behind her. It felt wrong for her to undress for something so useless but she didn’t want to get into trouble. Eventually she slowly got out of her dress, standing on the stool with only her undergarments on.

Before Mia knew two women and a fae woman stepped in all with different items in their hands. One had a measuring tape and a small book which she quickly made use and measured Mia, spinning her around a couple of times. The second woman kept running in and out with different fabrics, holding it up next to Mia to see which would fit. The fae figured Mia was the designer seeing that she only had a large book with her in which she drew something and gave out the orders. Mia also noticed that the fae didn’t seem too pleased that she was a human but she figured that they knew who her master was and didn’t argue with the fact.

“We’re done. Get dressed and return back to your master.” The fae woman spoke stepping out of the stall followed by the other two women.

Mia finally felt like she could breathe again after what just happened. She couldn’t believe that fae and humans would make such a fuss with clothing. None the less Mia quickly got dressed and left the stall, exiting the back room to find her master. It was rather a mission to find the warrior fae due to some of the fae women took note of him and started to buzz around him. Mia wanted to smile but thought it might be the best to not do so.

“They are finished with me master.” She spoke as she appeared next Elrhim in a little bow.

Iris

"Lawrence... Do you need any help?"

Hm, his master sure had picked out a timid slave, hadn't she? Short, too. No matter, she could still help. "Well, the winter berries need pruning," Lawrence said polity, gesturing to a few blue-leafed bushes. "Just cut off any dead or diseased twigs; it's not hard. Shears are in that shed over there."

Before Robin could do anything, Iris walked towards her and spoke. "Robin, I have been invited to go to a party. Another one of the queen and king's children has returned. Would you like to come?"

"Not me?" asked Lawrence.

"I would assume that you would not like to come anyway," replied Iris, somewhat annoyed that he had asked such a pointless question when he should have known the answer.

Lawrence nodded.

"Anyway, if you do choose to come," Iris continued, speaking to Robin. "we will have to start preparing soon. In particular, you will need a dress." Nothing fancy, obviously- there was no way that she would spend that much on a slave- but she would need something. Iris wasn't going to be seen with a slave wearing gardening clothes. That certainly wouldn't increase her social status.

Elrihm took a seat and waited while Mia was attented to. One of the servant girls asked him if wanted any refreshments, such as fruit or wine, but he waved them away.

About ten minutes into the wait the shop bell tinkled and a beautiful Fae woman stepped through the door. She was wearing a long copper dress with a tiara and bracelets to match. Her long black hair was tied into a plait and at her sides were two human men dressed in leather. They were both handsome enough, but their eyes were dim, dead and faded.

Elrihm instantly rose to his feet, recognising the woman as Lady Eia, one of the Queen's daughters. She had returned to the Fae realm only a sixty years after he had, but she had quickly gained a reputation. She was known for taken many human servants as lovers, male and female, as well as for the short 'shelf' life of said servants. She played very roughly with her toys.

Two of the shop girls came hurrying up to Eia but she ignored them and approached Elrihm.

"Huntsmaster Elrihm, it has been a while" she purred holding out her hand.

Elrihm took the offered hand as did as was expected of him, bowing to give it a quick brush of his lips.

"Lady Eia" he said standing upright. "I am pleased to see you are well."

Eia giggled and raised her hand to her mouth.

"Oh you are still so stiff Elrihm. I would have thought after a few hundred years you would have relaxed a bit. I know you can" she teased.

She looked around before speaking again.

"Why are you here? This isn't the sort of establishment you normally frequent."

"I am buying a dress for my cook Mia. I plan on letting her come to the ball tomorrow."

Eia's smile faltered for a moment.

"A dress? From here? For a cook? Why Elrihm you silly thing, surely you know know this place is far too grand for a mere servant."

As if on cue Mia appeared and declared that she was finished being measured. Once again Eia's face twitched.

"Oh she is a pretty little thing, isn't she?" she said in sugary sweet tones. "I can see why you like her."

She reached out and took Mia's chin, holding it a little tighter than needed.

"Oooh!" Firebrand said and stared at Shaun with wide eyes. "You look great, Shaun!"

"Am I good, or am I good?" Oravil asked, obviously selfsatisfied. He and Firebrand had been hanging around the door to Shaun's room, waiting for him to emerge.

Firebrand gave him a thumbs up, for once in rare accord with her 'brother'. Judging by the dark expression on the face of her other brother, Shaun wasn't nearly as pleased with the finery as they.

Firebrand could guess where that came from. The clothes were resplendent, the colours perfect for Shaun and it fit perfectly, proving that even Oravil had talents beyond being annoying. But they were a bit too ... beautiful... was probably the right word. On a lesser man they'd have looked somewhat effeminate. Shaun, tall and strong with his scars and his workhardend body on the other hand looked just impressive, but he probably wasn't aware of that.

Remembering the way Mia had blushed when she had seen him without his shirt Firebrand grinned evilly, stepped close to Shaun and whispered. "Maybe better if you don't smile. Mia will probably have a heartattack if she sees you like that and you smile at her."

"Firebrand, Oravil? Is Shaun ready now?" Beldam was starting to sound decidedly impatient.

"Everything fine mom. You'll be pleased." Oravil shouted back.

A whirr of wings and Beldam landed beside them. She had a bottle in her right and a pair of slippers in her left hand. She wasn't going to wear the blasted shoes one second before she had to.

Beldam studied Shauns outfit for a few seconds then nodded toward Oravil. Shaun would do. Beldam had seen too much in her life to be overly impressed with any kind of wardrobe.

"You'll certainly do. But before I forget - I promised you a present, didn't I Firebrand?"

She handed the bottle to Firebrand.

Dragonoil? Firebrand's eyes lit up, the way a drug addict's might if they were suddenly gifted with a month supply of their favorite drug.

Firebrand threw her arms around Beldam and hugged her. "Thanks, mother! You are the best." For once she was completly honest.

Oravil looked pretty alarmed suddenly.

Edited by Laura-Lana

(Before I post, i'm just a little unsure when the ball is because I think myself and Laura were posting as if Shaun was getting ready to go (I know I was at least). But the others seem to be set before the ball? Also maybe Elrhim can get a little angry at Mia, Shaun tries to defend her and Elrhim sees Shaun's scar and decided to finish the work biggrin.gif anyway just questions/suggestions)

((The ball is only the next day... it should be afternoon or something like that))

(Well if that's true I'm unsure what to post, Laura would you be kind enough to set up something that would require Shaun to be in his new clothes? If not Ill try think of something

EDIT: Who knows how to link an image from your pc into a post?)

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((I definitly was thinking about the ball in terms of this evening on the same day, sorry about that. I probably confused you in the way I posted. How about Beldam wants to see how Shaun looks in his new clothes right now? I mean if they don't work, it would be bad to find that out a day late when nothing can't be changed anymore.

Shaun could mention that he has no casual clothes either and Beldam will send him of with Oravil giving Firebrand the opportunity to get herself into trouble. ))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Well, the winter berries need pruning," Robin's gaze followed his hand gesture to the bushes. "Just cut off any dead or diseased twigs; it's not hard. Shears are in that shed over there."

Robin gave a nod but before she had even moved to get the shears, her master, Iris spoke.

"Robin, I have been invited to go to a party. Another one of the queen and king's children has returned. Would you like to come?" Iris's words took her back. She wanted to bring her? Lawrence would of been a better choice and she was sure that she couldn't really choose if she didn't want to go.

"Not me?" Lawrence seemed surprised but Iris was annoyed, it showed in her tone.

"I would assume that you would not like to come anyway,"

"Anyway, if you do choose to come, we will have to start preparing soon. In particular, you will need a dress."

A dress? A party? Robin echoed in her mind. She gave a smile and nodded. "Of course I will come. When is this.... Party?" She asked carefully.

Edited by Tiga

((It could simply be a 'preview' to see if the clothes suit Shaun and if they didn't, there would be ample time to fix the problem... especially since social status to Fae's are important, I'm sure everything would have to be perfect. i.e. the clothes look nice... but they would look better with a hat... etc))

(Haha! I have access to my old little imageshack account from my pokemon sprite days! Shauns Fancy Clothes (minus the gold swirls) are here... or the colour of them at least.)

Shaun casually leaned against the door frame, happy for the shoulder padding against the tough surface. He grinned at Oravil, "Well good sir it would appear the fire maiden hath gained access to thine fire of thy gods. I pray for thine fair fortune in the coming days as thy maiden pursues thine experiments," Shaun said smugly. He blinked as he realised how he'd just talked.

Shaun pulled at the cravat, "I think I've been infected... strange I don't remember ever hearing people talk like that? And are you sure Mia's going to be there, and why would she have a heart attack?" Shaun wondered. He then looked over at Beldam, "Would you like me to do a little spin?" Shaun spun on his foot, over dramatically flicking the coat around, much like one would flip a cape.

He looked back into the room and saw his shabby old clothes, including the freshly mutilated shirt turned vest. He frowned, maybe it was the fancy clothes, but he suddenly felt the need to start wearing something a little more decent.

"Madame? I hope not to bother you but do you mind if I get some better clothes, these are nice for more formal occasions but all the other clothes in the house are too small... I want something more casual". Shaun was unsure what her reaction would be, still unable to call her mother he decided Madame would be an appropriate substitute.

(Shauns still a bit clueless with some things wink.gif )

Currently, the cage Ezra was trapped in was covered in a dark cloth preventing curious eyes from peering at the boy bound in chains. Fourslaves pulled the cart that carried the caged Ezra, Volesh sitting atop a purple colored pillowcase with gold colored embroidery at the helm of the carriage with two reigns clasped tightly in his grips. Walking alongside either side of the cart were the two sturdier and muscular slaves that he owned, each tasked with loading and unloading the cart as well as to serve as a sort of patrol as well as to show off the quality of slaves Volesh carried with him.

Regardless of the situation, Volesh was always the type to take utmost precaution when in charge of something, whether it be to do with his entertainment business or if he was trying to sell a valuable item in the ever busy market Bazaar. By now, talk about the royal celebration the next day was common and almost every Fae that the cart went by was in deep discussion about the subject. Merchants alike were not wasting their time, now that news about a large celebration was common talk, prices for any and every item that could potentially enhance ones status were increasing in prices, the ever greedy merchants deciding to leap on the opportunity to profit greatly.

"Unload the boy.... while I speak to the merchant" commanded Volesh, as he dismounted the cart and disappeared inside the merchants establishment. They had reached a rather large store building, the owner; a merchant who specialized in selling high end items from the realm of humans and who occasionally dabbled in the sale of slaves... if they piqued his interest and looked like a good investment.

((Well done. If I didn't know it wasn't the orginal i'd never have guessed))

Oravils eyes narrowed angrily as he tried to figure out what Shaun had just said. Firebrand giggled a bit, but mostly at Oravil's expression. She wasn't sure she had gotten all of it either. She had heard those phrases in that accent before - by fae. She had had no idea Shaun could mimic it so well.

She rolled her eyes at Shaun as he inqured about Mia. Of course she did not know if the girl would be there, but had he really missed those glances and those blushes?

"Madame? I hope not to bother you but do you mind if I get some better clothes, these are nice for more formal occasions but all the other clothes in the house are too small... I want something more casual".

Beldam stared at him, completly surprised for a moment. She frowned, then she nodded. "You are right. It would be bad if your clothes became dirty before the ball and you can't walk around in those rags you've worn before. It reflects badly on me if my children are so poorly clad."

She stared at Firebrands streetwear disapprovingly. The girl blushed and looked down, but not even the unspoken reprimand could cool the feaver of sweet expectation in her blood.

Beldam turned to Oravil. "Love, could you get ..." she stopped herself and looked at Shaun consideringly. "On second thought, why don't you take Shaun with you. Better if he picks the clothes himself. Just make sure it's presentable. Yes, it will be good if the two of you can spend a bit of time with each other."

She nodded to herself, then gave Shaun another look. "You'll also use the opportunity to have someone fix your hair, my dear. I am not sure what your last owner thought, but it looks a bit as if someone shortened it with a butterknife the last time."

She handed a bag with coins to Oravil, then made a shooing motion with her hands.

Oravil shrugged and walked to the stair that lead to the groundfloor. Instead of walking it down, he swung himself over the bannister easily, then let himself fall, his hands grabbing the edge of the first floor in the last second. He twisted his body so he could swing himself to a podest from where it wasn't hard to jump to the earth. He might not have Beldam's wings, but he wasn't dependent on stairs either. Oravil looked up to the others and gave Shaun a challenging grin.

"Come on, bro. What are you waiting for?"

Oravil had reluctantly admitted to himself the Shaun was simply much stronger than him. But had he better athletic skills as well? It was often easier to enter a house unseen if one was able to climb to one of the upper windows, so those were skills he had honed well. And of course with his fae-style tunic and the leggins it was much more easy for him to move freely. Especially because Beldam wouldn't be happy if Shaun managed to get his new clothes dirty. Of course Oravil had never believed in being particularily fair.