Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

Elrihm teleported the four of them back to his home, right into the main hall. The Treant came bounding in from a side room, excited to see its master. Elrihm gave it an affectionate pat on the head and then carried Shaun into the room his pet had just emerged from.

He laid the boy on a silver velvet chaise lounge and then turned to look back at Mia.

"Keep an eye on him" he instructed her. "And clean up that other one. I want him presentable for the party tomorrow."

Looking down at himself Elrihm saw that Shaun had left bloody marks all over his shirt. He had better go and change again. Today was turning out to be a busy one.

He tore off the shirt, revealing the lithe form underneath, and threw it at Mia.

"And clean that" he said as he strode past her. "I will be back soon."

Going up stairs he got a clean shirt out of a drawer and put it on. Looking in the miror Elrihm tided himself up as well as possible and then teleported away. He needed to talk to Beldam.

((I will post again after Shaun wakes up.))

Robin shivered crossing her thin, pale arms over her chest. She was so cold, and in the thin clothes didn't help her at all. She was thinking of home, the human world until a sudden pain erupted from her legs. She glanced at the slave owner, he had kicked her. "Oi! Hands by your sides and look neat, if you want a home!" The fae ordered who sneered the end of his words. She bit her lip and reluctantly dropped her arms as a voice entered her head.

"Go off now! I'm sick of seeing your pitiful face! Go die in a hole! Or at least, prepare yourself to be back on sale!" Her previous master bellowed, making her nod fearfully and run. Robin remembered back then, she had been in the market for countless weeks, perhaps months even. Her master was unpleased with her and sold her off again. However where she used to sleep was a better place then where she was now. At least, where she sang there was a warm fire, and where she slept was with other humans, their bodies sharing the warmth. But no matter what conditions were good before, at least she didn't receive half of the beatings she got back then.

Multiple faes has walked around the humans. Most of them looked at her with mild interest. However many waved her away, disliking her small frame and weak body, even though her talent was useful. The slave owner was getting tired of her, not being sold, or at least being mentioned in chats. The look that he threw her everyday made her feel sick. He had muttered something about her being given away for free to the Potioneer to go die under one of her failed potions. Robin didn't want that before, but now she was thinking that perhaps death was better than being a slave.

Edited by Tiga

((I just realised how much I based my 'violent' writing off my favourite author after re reading one of his books and then my previous post, oh well. Who is going to be 'adopting' young Shauny?))

Shauns unconscious figure lay still. The pain in his chest was what woke him. Shauns uninjured eye opened, bloodshot as he coughed loudly. He attempted to sit up but clutched his ribs as he felt pain. Shaun didn't need to mirror to know just how bad a state he must appear in. Bearing the pain, and with extraordinary will, Shaun pulled himself up into a sitting position. In the position he proceeded to cough more, while unconscious the blood from his eye had leaked into his throat. He didn't know where he was, he assumed it was Beldams mansion.

Shauns sat solemnly, he felt very feint. His eye was squeezed shut tight, and he figured it was going to stay like that for the rest of his life. He looked down at himself, there was blood stained all along his clothes, the new clothes that he'd recently got for the ball. Shaun frowned at the irony. Wincing he lifted himself up into a straighter position. He was surprised when he saw Mia starring down at him. Shaun frowned, Mia had gone back to her master. Which meant that the house he was in was most definitely not Beldams.

Shaun looked at Mia and a dull smile formed on his lips. He went to speak, only to find his voice a rasping mess. His voice was as dirtied as his appearance. Shaun closed his mouth and looked away from Mia. Turning to gaze around the room he noticed a mirror and saw himself. He looked like a red faced man, everything below his nose was a dark maroon. Due to his inability to speak Shaun pointed at Mia, then at his eye, then at a sheet. He hoped that she would get the message, 'Get me a bandage'. Shaun slowly lowered his arm again, grunting at the pain. He briefly pulled the hand away from his wounded eye, it was a brighter red then his face was, probably because it was still in contact with fresh blood. Shaun let out a gravelly sigh and placed his hand once again on his eye.

(I was actually hoping dragonspirit would post first but ill make do)

((Yes Shaeeath will hopefully be adopting Shaun.

I'm sorry for the short/useless post. I keep getting cut from the internet.))

((Sorry for taking so long everyone. Public holidays and work kinda made it hard to post and RP.))

Mia followed her master to where he rested Shaun and fell by his side. She had seen a lot of blood before but for some reason she was really worried about someone. After Elrhim had tossed his shirt at her she knew she had to start working again. With the shirt in hand and they boy in the other she pulled him down towards the servant’s quarters.

“Okay you can run yourself a bath.” Mia spoke as she moved around the room gathering a couple of things, the boy only nodded still not saying a single word. Mia had wondered if he could speak at all but she will worry about his a bit later. She quickly stuck Elrhims bloodies shirt in a sink filled water giving a chance to soak. “Here is some clothes you can wear once you’re done with your bath.” She spoke grabbing some extra clothes from a closet. “I need to attend to Shaun quickly but once you are done and this shirt has finished soaking can you give it a couple of rubs, please.” With those final words Mia left with a medical kit back to Shaun.

Just as she entered the room she heard a few groans and knew Shaun was coming to it again. Hurrying she stood next to him. He looked at her and she could tell he was in a lot of pain even the small smile he gave didn’t hide any of the pain.

“Don’t touch it. I need to clean it a bit first.” She spoke fiddling in the medical kit. She took out a piece of cloth and a jar full of some cream. Opening the jar she dabbed the piece of cloth in it. Slowly she took Shaun’s hand which covered his eye and moved it away.

“Try to keep it closed.” She spoke as she slowly started to add the cream around his eye.

When Elrihm returned home the boy Shaun was awake and having his wounds tended to by Mia. The Fae strode past the two of them and took a seat in one of the nearby chairs.

Leaning back he folded his hands over his lap and looked over at Shaun.

"You've been rather foolish young man. Your posistion in Lady Beldam's house had not been in place for a day and yet you saw fit to murder one of her favourites in the street. She put a lot of effort into the boy and had not yet reaped any of the benefits. And while humans killing each other of their own violation is usually of little consequence, it is not normally quite so public. Lady Beldam faces an inquiry from the Palace."

"Therefore, she had decided to disown you. I have agreed to place you back on the market on her behalf. Once Mia has cleaned you up she will take you the fighting pits since you show such an aptitude for it. There someone will most likely buy you for the purpose of making you fight and fight again until someone finally manages to kill you."

His eyes narrowed as he continued to watch Shaun.

"And if you should attempt to escape or harm Mia in any way, then no matter what you believe you have endured before, I will teach you a whole new concept of pain. Do you understand?"

Shauns eye darted from Mia to the tall fae. He had seen him before and knew that he held a very high stature. So this was Mia's master, he could understand why she always appeared worried. He sighed at the news of being disowned, he figured such a thing would happen, at least he'd made Brandy's life better by taking Oravil out of her life. He felt the moistness in his mouth had returned slightly and carefully opened his mouth, it was raspy and quiet but he eventually managed to speak his thoughts.

"H-h-he attacked fi-i-i-irst" He said slowly, wincing in pain as Mia gently tended to his wound.

Shaun swallowed loudly trying to ease his sore throat.

"He, was like a plague, he would have... killed Brandy and maybe, Mia too... next time she visited," Shaun said the hatred in his voice masked slightly by the crackly voice.

"I, would, never! Harm Mia," He said, his voice raising in pitch slightly as his eyes darted back again from the fae to Mia.

"Unlike Oravil, I respect both my superiors and my fellows... I don't have delusions that I'm better than fellow Humans, nor do I consider myself equal to fae," He continued quietly. His voice was slowly returning to the deep and smooth pitch that it was before. Shaun slowly raised his arm and looked at it, then clenched his fist.

"And If I'm to be a fighter, I can promise that I'll put on a good show, it'd probably be easier than sowing," Shaun said, recalling the many times he had pricked himself with the needle. He looked around the room, Mia had cleaned him of most of the blood and his right eye now had full mobility.

"If you don't mind could I have something to cover my eye? I've heard its the latest style," Shaun said, deadpan.

((Can you actually give me an eyepatch? SHAUN WANT EYEPATCH!!! To be honest that was the true reason for my fight with Oravil biggrin.gif))

Mia continued slowly to clean Shaun’s wound while she listened to the conversation. Her heart slightly skipped a beat when Shaun said he wouldn’t think of hurting her. It made her feel a bit special. She tried to hide her blush by not keeping eye contact either Shaun or Elrhim. She knew she had to finish at the task at hand first.

Once she was done and Shaun’s face was clean, in a way, he asked if he could have something to cover it. Mia sat silent to think for a bit wondering if they still had something like that.

“I’ll go see. Give me a minute.” She spoke before leaving the room. She walked down a couple of corridors until she found the room she was looking for. It was sort of an infirmary except there was no bed. Mostly there were some fae potions or medicines along with bandages and other medical things. Quickly she started to dig in all the drawers. Her finger tips were cut a couple of times by some other sharp object but finally she found and old eye patch. Taking along a couple of cotton balls Mia returned to where the men were. Sitting next to Shaun again she placed some of the healing cream on one of the cotton balls. Softly she placed it over Shaun’s injured eye and while it stuck there by the help of the cream she quickly took the eye patch and tied it around it head.

"While it may have pleased your former masters to allow you to run your tongue whenever you feel like it, I care little for your opinions and promises. You are to do as you are told or suffer the consequences."

It didn't seem that Shaun understood the gravity of the situation he was in. To be sent to the fighter's pits meant he would mostly likely die a bloodly and broken death. That didn't matter to Elrihm though, he just wanted the boy out of his house.

Elrihm got to his feet while Mia continued to fuss around Shaun, putting a cotton eyepatch over his injured eye.

"When you have sold the boy Mia I want you to go to the slaver's and find some suitable bait. I'll probably need to go hunting soon so I will need something to attract the drago's out of their caves, unless you feel like you are up to the task?"

((Buy Robin at the market as the bait o3o))

Mia stepped back a bit and stood on the side lines. She knew it would cause her big trouble if she interfered again but she did feel sorry for Shaun and now he might suffer a horrible death. When Elrihm spoke to her and given her new orders she nodded sadly. For the first time she made a friend and it was someone who wouldn’t hurt her to top it off. None the less she had already caused trouble today and she needed to stay in her masters good books for she didn’t want to be sold to someone like the fae princess they met earlier.

“When you are ready we can leave.” She spoke her eyes falling to her feet.

Seeing that Mia had a handle on the situation Elrihm got to his feet and strode out of the room. He was going to go to bed, get some sleep, and murder whoever tried to wake him.

Going up the stairs he kicked off his shoes and flung himself onto the bed. Maybe now he could finally rest.

((*Prods Marcus*))

((*Prods fortune back* BRING IT!!!))

Shaun sighed and quickly stood up... he then fell down. His forehead making a loud noise as it collided with the floor he groaned, more in annoyance then at the pain. He'd been preoccupied and hadn't notice the numbness that coursed through his limbs, he had lost a lot of blood and coupled with unconsciousness he wouldn't have expected much feeling in the outer extremities of his body.

"Mia would you mind waiting a little long please," He said, knowing that with all her strength she probably wouldn't be able to lift him up from his position anyway. Shaun anxiously tried to wiggle his fingers, the best he could do at the moment was a small twitch, but he continued until the blood was flowing enough for him to move his arms. He propelled himself up, his legs still useless, now seated with his legs stretched out in front of him he had a proper look around the room.

Eventually he managed to haul himself up and was forced to lean on Mia for the time being, he could tell that she would struggle under his considerable weight and would prefer to wait, but he doubted her master would let him stay in the household for any longer than he already had been. He let out a loud sigh.

"Gonna be back in chains again... oh well at least if I'm a successful fighter I might get a bit better treated then if I were just being sold," Shaun said, trying to focus on the positives. As he began to walk towards the entrance he let out another sigh.

"He probably won't care, but could you tell your master that I'm grateful that I wasn't just left to die out there... I want to do something important in life before I go."

Mia supported Shaun as best she could but she was still a flimsy girl and her strength wasn’t the strongest. She wanted to say something to make him feel better but what was there to say. All she could was help him to the fighting pits and do as her master was told.

“I’m really sorry that you had to leave.” Mia started to talk softly. “It would have been nice if you could have stayed around. I would have like that.” Her cheeks turn slightly red. “But seeing that my master doesn’t want you can you make me a promise and don’t die in the fighting pits. Please.”

((Sorry for the wait and sort post. Its been tough at work))

((Okay, doesn't look like this getting any interest at all now. I'm going to ask for it to be closed.

Well it was fun while it lasted. See you around y'all!))