Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

Elrihm led the boy a little way down the street until he judged that they were out of earshot of anyone else. Turning around he shoved his new servant boy at Mia.

"What in Oberon's name do you think you were doing?" he demanded. "How dare you intervene in the matters of your superiors! If that bloated merchant wanted to waste his gold on this feeble creature than that is his choice. It was no concern of yours."

He reached out and grabbed Mia's wrist, pulling her close so that his face was inches from hers. His grip was tight too, a little harder and he could easily crush the bone.

"Should you ever presume to embarrass me again I will cut out your tongue" he hissed in a voice just above a whisper.

Mia was still walking when she suddenly felt someone pushed into her. She was baffled to see it was the boy that Elrhim had just took but when she heard the fae master voice she knew she was in trouble now. The fae had grabbed Mia and the pain was unbearable. Her other hand clenched into a fist as she tried not to scream, but there already tears forming within her eyes.

“I… I… I’m sorry master. I… I don’t know what happened to me. I’m… I’m so sorry.” She whimpered.

(I like your Sig drow, Laura I hope you don't mind if I control Oravil for a little bit. Hope I get his character right. I am quite proud of this post, I hope its okay with the rules, please tell me if I should change it, im trying my best not to overdo things)

----------------------------------

For the first time since arriving in this world Shaun felt unsure of himself. As a slave he had always had a duty, listen to the master, do as the master says. Amongst Beldam he knew to impress her in some ways, around Firebrand he could be closer to how he truly felt, he hoped that the kindness he showed her would ensure kindness in return. Even if Beldam insisted that he were her son Shaun highly doubted she'd care if he were killed, having someone to cry over him if that were to happen would be something he would appreciate.

But walking amongst the fae, as more than a slave, and with Oravil of all people; Shaun was unsure. He gazed around the town, stopping every now and then to gaze inside the store windows. As a slave he had always wanted to do this, simply stop and admire the fae handiwork, but there had always been a job to do, or a fae pulling at a leash to keep him moving. He realized he was annoying Oravil, who as his mothers pampered young prince had likely seen all of these stores multiple times and only enjoyed roaming around when he was terrorizing other young humans.

Shaun stroked his chin as he gazed at an awe-inspiring vase made of dragon bone, one of the rarest materials and the price exemplified the fact. Shaun whistled in appreciation of the fine work, he looked over at Oravil who appeared to be sulking, but not trying to show that he was.

"Look at the crafts work of this, dragon bone is unlike other animal bones, its a lot more dense than others but is light enough to allow winged dragons to fly. To be able to effectively carve dragon bone into shapes requires both great skill and tools of equal density to properly carve," Shaun looked once again at the price tag.

"I'm pretty sure only someone of around... mothers status could afford something like this," Shaun stood up and his eyes gazed around to the other masterpieces on display.

"I always preferred obsidian to dragon bone though, similar material but obsidian just has the dark sheen, dragon bone is easier to paint and is considered a rarer material..." Shaun trailed off. His eyes had glanced over to the store next to this one. It was odd that the planner would put a crafts shop next to a slave market... the two didn't really seem to have much in common. Leaning over Shaun felt disgusted seeing all the sickly children sitting inside their cages, some seemed to be preferred over others and contained 'better' living space, these were probably the humans with specific talents.

He felt a shoulder painfully push passed him as a fae made its way down the road, muttering something hateful as it went bye. Shaun felt his anger rise, but knowing the status he held he repressed it. He heard Oravil say something, obviously not bothered at all by the slaves. Shaun ignored him and looked into the store. There was some sort of commotion going on, a very impressive looking fae was intimidating the store owner. Shaun saw a female human by the fae, she seemed familiar. There was also one boy in a cage who seemed to be the center of the argument, as the impressive fae was indicating towards him. The deal seemed to be set and the fae was leading his new slave out the door.

Shaun felt a painful jab in his lower bag as Oravil angrily jabbed at him, he was distracted from the Fae and his slaves.

"Look, brother! Mother doesn't want us to be gone long! I have better things to do, leave the scum to themselves, the scum like you! Mother made a mistake in adopting you! I'm the strongest and I'm going to prove it!" Before Shaun new what had happened he felt an unbearable pain across his left eye, similar to what had happened years before.

Shaun grasped at his eye in pain, he could feel a warm liquid and was unable to see any light through it.

"Hah! Look how weak you are, to think mother believed you were different! Your not like me, you're just like the scum in those cages!" Oravils foot connected harshly with Shauns ribcage and Shaun clutched painfully at it as he heard a crack. He felt himself going feint, the blood loss was affecting him. How could this boy be so horrible, didn't he remember that he was human too!

No, Shaun thought. He wasn't human, he didn't deserve to be human. In this world a human was beneath the fae but above the beasts. Standing before him was a beast who believed himself to be a fae. And he believed he was above humans too?! Shauns heart began to pound faster, as the adrenaline began to surge into him. He felt his rage build, flashes of beatings flew into the dark side of his vision. Shaun let out a scream of both rage and pain, not caring what the surrounding fae might think. Pushing himself off the floor he drove his elbow hard into his assailant. Oravil taken by surprise was thrown backwards, off his feet, releasing the knife (uhhh unknown material). Shaun stood up to his full height and glared down at his younger brother.

"You... think... we... are... worth... nothing?!" Shaun asked, his hand held over the wound on his eye. But his good eye was bloodshot, the pupil barely discernible.

Oravil made to get up, but Shaun full of adrenaline fueled rage move forward and his hand clenched tightly around the younger persons neck. Shaun surprised himself at how easily Oravil was as he lifted him. The younger boy gripped tightly at the hand clenched around his neck, his face began to go pale, his legs flailing, but Shaun had his body tilted out of reach.

Shaun then, pulling his bloodied hand away from the gash that was his eye, hurled his enclosed his at Oravils head, releasing him as he did, sending the boy further. There was a painful crack as Oravils nose broke. The younger boy clutched at his face in horror, he had no idea how Shaun could still move, let alone attack with such viciousness. Scrambling up Oravil realized it might be his best idea to get away.

Shaun saw his brother trying to get away, his hand moved up again to clutch at his eye, he wasn't going to have that. Shaun ran forward and kicked Oravil over before he could fully regain his feat. Kneeling down he pressed his knee against the boys throat.

"I, have, spent my Whole life being pushed around and tortured by the fae," Shaun paused, trying to catch his breath, while the adrenaline was keeping him up the increased heart rate was causing more and more blood to drain.

"If you think, I am going to take that from someone like you... didn't you kill your other bother? Brandy told me you suffocated him, that's when Beldam found you I think," Shaun pressed down harder. He was gritting his teeth furiously, trying to keep himself conscious.

"How... ironic," Shauns eye was drooping heavily, all he could see was a clouded view of Oravils face, pale and filled with horror. Shaun grinned.

And then blacked out.

---------------------------------------------

(Okay guys, this post may be a bit... much, please let me know if I should change it... no REALLY i'm worried about this one)

((I''m okay with the fight scene as described, but I'm going to wait and for Laura's opinion and her okay before I cast my final ruling.))

((Just dividing the POV of Volesh and Ezra to make it easier))

Volesh grimaced as he watched Elhrim make quick work of the cage door, momentarily imagining the bent frames and broken hinges as different bones within his own body. Not wanting to look as his valuable item was forcefully taken away, he turned his head sideways away from the cage. He was powerless to stop it from happening, to even protest further would risk the potential wrath of King Oberon himself.

"Goo day sirs" he said to the two other Fae. "I bid you farewell. May our next meeting be much less dramatic."

Volesh unwillingly bowed and returned the gesture, his choice in the matter already chosen for him. Waiting until he was confident that Elhrim was long gone, he turned to the merchant and slammed his fist on top of the oaken counter, a vein visible on his forehead and an expression of anger on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra didn't show any kind of resistance to the forceful nature of Elhrim, simply allowing himself to be pulled out and placed upright with ease as if he were some store mannequin just ready and waiting to be manipulated. As the Fae began his goodbyes, Ezra glanced over towards his elbow; where Elhrim currently gripped him. The act of Elhrim pulling the cage door apart by mere hand had surprised even Ezra; yet here he was holding his elbow without breaking bone.

Ezra never once looked back at Volesh as he was led out of the merchants establishment; choosing to look straight ahead instead. His blondish hair had fallen over his left eye, hiding it from sight of any on lookers. Eventually they ended up at a rather desolate part of the marketplace; but before Ezra could really grasp everything around him he felt the pressure of being pushed aside.

Unprepared and not in the best physical condition due to his earlier predicament, he lost his footing as he fell towards Mia, the slave girl that had caused the earlier argument. He reached out and grabbed the side of her clothing for support as he fell to his knees, it was at this moment that he realized just how strained his muscles and joints were from being forced into the fetal position inside the cage, his muscles groaning as he tried to get back onto his feet. On wobbling legs, he pulled himself up just as Elhrim pulled Mia closer.

Any expression of discomfort from what had happened was not present on his face, as he stood there, his hands now by his side. While Mia was clearly in distress by what was happening, Ezra stood there as neutral as could be. To him, the act of punishing a slave was the everyday norm, thus to see Mia being punished was not shocking, nor was it cause for distress on his part.

Iris

"Tomorrow, so we can't really afford to wait. I'm sure that Lawrence can handle the winter berries on his own," Iris finished, sending a quick glare at him. Lawrence managed to take the hint and walked off to the garden shed to find some shears. Iris felt a bit relieved that Lawrence wasn't a total idiot, however annoying he could be. "So, when you're ready, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They reached the marketplace, and Iris soon found a slave clothing store. The store contained clothes that would be nice enough to be seen at a party, not the awful rags that slave owners often dressed their slaves in. How anyone could stand to look at such horrid things all day, Iris had no idea. How hard was it to keep your slaves dressed in colors other than dull greys and browns? Really...

A short Fae approached them. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes; I have been invited to a party by the King and Queen, and I require something respectable for my slave to wear," Iris said, waving her hand back towards Robin.

"Ah, yes," the Fae replied, quickly looking at Robin to determine about what sized dress she would need. "Come this way," she said as she walked over to a rack of simple dresses.

Robin gave a glance back to Lawrence, feeling that she could of helped him do some work. However she just bit her lip, stayed silent and followed.

She entered the store, her gaze trailing off to look at the dresses. Sure they weren't the best there was, but to Robin, it was luxury. Robin listened in to their conversation, before following the shortish fae to the rack.

Robin didn't move any more forward than Iris did, but instead inspected the dresses. Her new master, had chosen her to go the royal... Ball or whatever it was.

(She said she had to prepare a really big post, though she also said Oravil was gonna die! I'm regretting my post now :/ )

((Oh good. I sent her a PM but I think she must have missed it. Does that mean she is okay with your post?))

((Okay. In that case I will wait until she posts so I don't screw anything up for her.))

((I sent Laura a PM but since I have neither recieved a reply or a post here I will have to assume that real life has caught up with her and eaten into her internet life.

Therefore I will ask if anyone still wishes to continue this RP. I will have to do a bit of juggling with characters (like giving Shaun a new home), but if no one is interested I will simply close the RP.))

((I'm fine with keeping this going I was just waiting for Laura... I hope this doesn't die, its a really interesting rp))

((I want the RP to still go on but if people have lost interest or is absent then I guess it should RIP. Then after that just start up a new one xd.png))

((Okay, I'm going to give all the inactive people, Laura, Chico, Drow & Backup, one more day to post or express interest in continuing before removing their characters and reassigning servants. Hopefully we can revive this.))

((I have removed the following:

Laura-Lana

TotallyDrow

Backup77

That leaves Tiga and myself as the only active Fae (Elrihm and Shaeeath). W e still have enough servants for the RP to work.

Tiga, would you be interested in taking on Shaun as a servant for Shaeeath? I can have Elrihm buy Robin to balance things.

Since Shaun has killed Oravil I'll have Elrihm take him into custody and put him on the slave market on behalf of Beldam.))

((I have removed the following:

Laura-Lana

TotallyDrow

Backup77

That leaves Tiga and myself as the only active Fae (Elrihm and Shaeeath). W e still have enough servants for the RP to work.

Tiga, would you be interested in taking on Shaun as a servant for Shaeeath? I can have Elrihm buy Robin to balance things.

Since Shaun has killed Oravil I'll have Elrihm take him into custody and put him on the slave market on behalf of Beldam.))

((Fine by me! smile.gif Shaeeath was sort of hanging by the side. ))

Edit: ((If you want, I can ask my sister to join as either a fae or human.))

Edited by Tiga

((I have no problem with the current decisions tongue.gif))

(I like your Sig drow, Laura I hope you don't mind if I control Oravil for a little bit. Hope I get his character right. I am quite proud of this post, I hope its okay with the rules, please tell me if I should change it, im trying my best not to overdo things)

----------------------------------

For the first time since arriving in this world Shaun felt unsure of himself. As a slave he had always had a duty, listen to the master, do as the master says. Amongst Beldam he knew to impress her in some ways, around Firebrand he could be closer to how he truly felt, he hoped that the kindness he showed her would ensure kindness in return. Even if Beldam insisted that he were her son Shaun highly doubted she'd care if he were killed, having someone to cry over him if that were to happen would be something he would appreciate.

But walking amongst the fae, as more than a slave, and with Oravil of all people; Shaun was unsure. He gazed around the town, stopping every now and then to gaze inside the store windows. As a slave he had always wanted to do this, simply stop and admire the fae handiwork, but there had always been a job to do, or a fae pulling at a leash to keep him moving. He realized he was annoying Oravil, who as his mothers pampered young prince had likely seen all of these stores multiple times and only enjoyed roaming around when he was terrorizing other young humans.

Shaun stroked his chin as he gazed at an awe-inspiring vase made of dragon bone, one of the rarest materials and the price exemplified the fact. Shaun whistled in appreciation of the fine work, he looked over at Oravil who appeared to be sulking, but not trying to show that he was.

"Look at the crafts work of this, dragon bone is unlike other animal bones, its a lot more dense than others but is light enough to allow winged dragons to fly. To be able to effectively carve dragon bone into shapes requires both great skill and tools of equal density to properly carve," Shaun looked once again at the price tag.

"I'm pretty sure only someone of around... mothers status could afford something like this," Shaun stood up and his eyes gazed around to the other masterpieces on display.

"I always preferred obsidian to dragon bone though, similar material but obsidian just has the dark sheen, dragon bone is easier to paint and is considered a rarer material..." Shaun trailed off. His eyes had glanced over to the store next to this one. It was odd that the planner would put a crafts shop next to a slave market... the two didn't really seem to have much in common. Leaning over Shaun felt disgusted seeing all the sickly children sitting inside their cages, some seemed to be preferred over others and contained 'better' living space, these were probably the humans with specific talents.

He felt a shoulder painfully push passed him as a fae made its way down the road, muttering something hateful as it went bye. Shaun felt his anger rise, but knowing the status he held he repressed it. He heard Oravil say something, obviously not bothered at all by the slaves. Shaun ignored him and looked into the store. There was some sort of commotion going on, a very impressive looking fae was intimidating the store owner. Shaun saw a female human by the fae, she seemed familiar. There was also one boy in a cage who seemed to be the center of the argument, as the impressive fae was indicating towards him. The deal seemed to be set and the fae was leading his new slave out the door.

Shaun felt a painful jab in his lower bag as Oravil angrily jabbed at him, he was distracted from the Fae and his slaves.

"Look, brother! Mother doesn't want us to be gone long! I have better things to do, leave the scum to themselves, the scum like you! Mother made a mistake in adopting you! I'm the strongest and I'm going to prove it!" Before Shaun new what had happened he felt an unbearable pain across his left eye, similar to what had happened years before.

Shaun grasped at his eye in pain, he could feel a warm liquid and was unable to see any light through it.

"Hah! Look how weak you are, to think mother believed you were different! Your not like me, you're just like the scum in those cages!" Oravils foot connected harshly with Shauns ribcage and Shaun clutched painfully at it as he heard a crack. He felt himself going feint, the blood loss was affecting him. How could this boy be so horrible, didn't he remember that he was human too!

No, Shaun thought. He wasn't human, he didn't deserve to be human. In this world a human was beneath the fae but above the beasts. Standing before him was a beast who believed himself to be a fae. And he believed he was above humans too?! Shauns heart began to pound faster, as the adrenaline began to surge into him. He felt his rage build, flashes of beatings flew into the dark side of his vision. Shaun let out a scream of both rage and pain, not caring what the surrounding fae might think. Pushing himself off the floor he drove his elbow hard into his assailant. Oravil taken by surprise was thrown backwards, off his feet, releasing the knife (uhhh unknown material). Shaun stood up to his full height and glared down at his younger brother.

"You... think... we... are... worth... nothing?!" Shaun asked, his hand held over the wound on his eye. But his good eye was bloodshot, the pupil barely discernible.

Oravil made to get up, but Shaun full of adrenaline fueled rage move forward and his hand clenched tightly around the younger persons neck. Shaun surprised himself at how easily Oravil was as he lifted him. The younger boy gripped tightly at the hand clenched around his neck, his face began to go pale, his legs flailing, but Shaun had his body tilted out of reach.

Shaun then, pulling his bloodied hand away from the gash that was his eye, hurled his enclosed his at Oravils head, releasing him as he did, sending the boy further. There was a painful crack as Oravils nose broke. The younger boy clutched at his face in horror, he had no idea how Shaun could still move, let alone attack with such viciousness. Scrambling up Oravil realized it might be his best idea to get away.

Shaun saw his brother trying to get away, his hand moved up again to clutch at his eye, he wasn't going to have that. Shaun ran forward and kicked Oravil over before he could fully regain his feat. Kneeling down he pressed his knee against the boys throat.

"I, have, spent my Whole life being pushed around and tortured by the fae," Shaun paused, trying to catch his breath, while the adrenaline was keeping him up the increased heart rate was causing more and more blood to drain.

"If you think, I am going to take that from someone like you... didn't you kill your other bother? Brandy told me you suffocated him, that's when Beldam found you I think," Shaun pressed down harder. He was gritting his teeth furiously, trying to keep himself conscious.

"How... ironic," Shauns eye was drooping heavily, all he could see was a clouded view of Oravils face, pale and filled with horror. Shaun grinned.

And then blacked out.

---------------------------------------------

(Okay guys, this post may be a bit... much, please let me know if I should change it... no REALLY i'm worried about this one)

((Picking up from here.))

There seemed to be some sort of commotion at the other end of the street. Alerted by the noise Elrihm turned to look. Several other shoppers, Fae and human, had gathered and were watching something Elrihm couldn't see through the press of bodies.

"Wait here" he growled at Mia and his new purchase.

Walking back up the street Elrihm pushed his way through the crowd but by the time he got there it was all over. All that remained were two bodies lying side by side on the road. Staring down at them Elrihm felt they looked familar. Weren't they Beldam's pet humans?

He kneeled down by the first but it was quite obvious he was dead. Turning his attention to the other he found them still breathing. It looked as though the two of them had scrapped and suffered for it. Well well, Beldam would not be happy about this. Although she quite enjoyed it when her children abused other humans, she had different views if they turned on each other.

After a moment's thought Elrihm grabbed the one that was still alive and threw him over his shoulder. While the crowd muttered and whispered around him Elrihm made his way back through and walked back to Mia.

"Take my arm" he said holding out his free one. "I believe we should return home quickly."

((So Robin is back in the markets?))

Shaeeath lifted her gaze from the stall owner who was asking for the payment. The sounds of shouting and commotion made her stare down the street, with more fae and humans joining the thick crowd.

She left the stall without paying and without the item, obviously angering the fae who was about to make a good fortune. She followed the stream of people and saw the crimson blood on the ground and the still body. Shaeeath bit her tongue as she saw the dragon hunter carry the injured human away from the crowd. Soon the people began to thin, leaving the scene only with low muttering. The body was untouched though, open for new fae to point and discuss.

Shaeeath stayed though, figuring out what had happened. However her thoughts were broken as the blood was beginning to get scrubbed off. The fae turned and smoothed down her silky white hair and trailed after Elrihm and his servant. However she soon found herself quite bored by the commotion that happened a while ago and walked off.

Edited by Tiga

Mia was still trying to hold back her tears from the pain that her master were causing. She wasn’t even sure if he would break her wrist or not but luck smile on her. A commotion drew her master attention and before she knew it she was free from her grip.

She was in a real mess but she hoped that she would please him once the ball happens tomorrow, thou she now needed something for this bruise that is still yet to happen. Waiting as her master instructed she tried to see what was happening but her view was blocked. It wasn’t long before Elrihm appeared out of the crowd with someone over his shoulder. Who is that? She thought.

“Shaun.” Mia spoke softly covering her mouth with her hand out of shock as she got a glimpse of his face. Stunned, her face turned pale and it took her a few seconds to react to her master’s orders. Quickly she grabbed hold of Elrihm’s arm but her eyes didn’t leave Shaun’s body.