Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

((Probably because he has no form wink.gif. He is very much an NPC. Here is basically all the information I have on him so far laugh.gif

If you need any added details feel free to just make them up.))

Beldam didn't hear the words Shaun exchanged with his seller. That he might become of interest to her later, she couldn't know yet.

"Mom!" shouted a delighted voice as she rounded a corner.  She had just time to open her arms in welcome, before Oravil had swept her up in a hug.

She heard someone skittering to a stop behind him and as Oravil set her down she saw a young, human man in the livery of the palace, who watched them with fear and desperation in his eyes. He had obviously been trying to catch Oravil, but now didn't dare to come closer and risking her anger.

Reacognizing Eric, the boy Oravil had intended to teach a lesson, she looked at her son with a raised eyebrow. She had been prepared to go to the palace after purchasing the oil and offering monetary reparations, because she was pretty sure that Oravil had intended to kill or at least severly injure Eric. Luckily the servant wasn't important enough that anyone would miss him if she was willing to pay for a replacement.

Alas, except for the panic in his expression he didn't look the worse for wear.

"Please, my lady" Eric pleaded "The brush... I need the brush back."

"Brush?" Beldam fervently hoped her son hadn't stolen a brush from one of the lords or ladies in the palace. Killing a lowly servant was one thing, insulting someone who had enough favour to live there on the other hand..

Oravil shrugged and tried to look innocent, a task at which he failed misearbly. "It seems Eric has lost the brush of lady Talomiel. I haven't the slightest idea what could have happened to it. I certainly never saw it."

"Oh Talomiel." Beldam relaxed. Talomiel lived at the palace at the moment true, but that was because the chit still hadn't managed to aquire a home of her own. One of her very distant cousins was a lady in waiting to the queen and allowed her reluctantly to live with her. Beldam knew she wasn't fond of Talomiel at all. That never had stopped young Talomiel to act as if she was a favourite of the queen herself though and according to her sources she had actually had the nerve to laugh about Beldam with some of her friends. It was one thing to hear that by those who were socially superior, but a barely hundred year old girl, who was so useless even her own relatives didn't know what do with her anymore, had no buisness laughing about an ancient fae like Beldam. She owed Talomiel something and a stolen brush was the least of it.

"Please lady, if I don't return the brush.."

Beldam stared at Eric with icy, pityless eyes. "Didn't you hear my son? He hasn't seen your brush. Now go away, or do I need to submit a formal complaint about you harrassing my children instead of seeing to your duties?"

The boy swallowed, his eyes dark with dread as he retreated. Beldam didn't know what Talomiel was going to do to him if he couldn't find a dublicate for the brush before she missed it, but judging by his expression it wasn't going to be pretty.

Beldam waited until he was out of earshot, then turned back to Oravil, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"What was that?"

"Didn't you tell me to be more subtle, mom?"

He had her there. Though she certainly hadn't thought of that, when she critized him for being too obvious when he went after his goals.

"Give me the brush, son.", she demanded.

"Why?" Oravil whined, a tone which would have earned another human a whipping at the very least. He liked to keep trophys to remind him of past misbehaviours.

"Because I want to see if she left any hairs in the brush.", Beldam said patiently.

"Oh!" Oravil brightened and handed the brush over.

She absently patted his head, giving him a proud smile.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Mia continued to blush when she took note that Shaun had noticed both her and Firebrand’s reactions. She wanted to say it’s not the scars but she couldn’t even make a sound. Scars were rather normal to humans here. Even she had a couple of scars that would turn one’s eye sight away but hers were luckily hidden under her clothes.

Without even thinking she followed the pair to the brook almost forgetting that she needed to return home soon. She didn’t want to upset her master if he needed her and she wasn’t there.

“Of course I’ll wait but please do hurry. I need to get back to my master soon.” She spoke her attention now back to Shaun.

“Will you be alright there in the water?” she asked. She felt stupid asking something like this but the silence between them were making her even more uncomfortable.

((Yeah you kinda have to excuse me. I have to translate everything and that never goes well. I'll keep in mind of it thou.))

Only a few of the unfortunate slaves remained in the arena, each of them splattered with the blood of their fallen comrades. Twenty slaves had entered the arena... each suffering from some form of debilitating condition that rendered them worthless to Fae owners and incapable of the lowest form of manual labor. Their only usefulness now, to serve as a morbid form of entertainment to the Fae audience who enjoyed the dark games that resembled ancient Rome's gladiators.

Above where Ezra was, many a fae stood and cheered as they watched the show before them, blissfully unaware that right beneath their very feet was another Human slave, tasked with the duty of pocketing as much gold as possible from the unsuspecting. Almost robotic in movement, Ezra would shimmy his way through the labyrinth of wooden frames that held the arena seats in place and make his way towards his next victim.

Ofcourse... none of this gold would actually reach Ezra's pockets, instead landing in the leather satchel that swung empty around his 'current' owner's waist; Dargramir.

"Alas ladies and gentlemen.... only three more of these...gladiators.." he slurred the word gladiator, "... remain". The grin on Volesh's face grew wider, "...shall we reward one of them with the chance of winning their own life?" he questioned,

A few audience members boo'ed, but the majority cheered. "Very well! We shall reward one lucky human..." Volesh turned to the three gladiator's who at present were being circled by the 6 Briar hounds. ".... us Fae... being the generous beings that we naturally are, have decided to reward one of you... but to decide which one gets the reward..." his already large and sinister grin grew wider and his eyes narrowed down and were cast in shadow as he slowly approached the humans. In a voice that only a few of the Fae audience who sat at the very precipice of the arena seats could hear; he whispered. "Fight each other... to the death"

He withdrew just in time to avoid the swing of a sword from one of the human slaves as they began to fight among themselves.

This moment of madness caused Ezra to stop ever so slightly, as his red eye not hidden by his blonde hair watched in amazement and reflected the scene before him. Watching from between the feet of two Fae, he witnessed the drastic change in the slaves.. from working with one another to survive... to fighting each other.

((I'm not really entirely sure of what's going on with Eric? So he is still searching for a brush or something?

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at reading into some things. xd.png))

Shaun shrugged, "I'm not going to be physically getting in the water, its only my arm that's burned," he said to Mia. Shaun knelt down by the small stream and gazed in, there was little reflection due to the motion. Shaun lay down slightly and placed his arm into the water, he winced at the cold. He inched around slightly, being this close to the ground in such a position wasn't that comfortable. He briefly pulled his arm out and readjusted himself. Shaun lay down on his stomach with his arm dangling in the water. He left out a large, satisfied sigh.

Shaun grinned up at Mia, 'You know you should make use of the time away from your master while your here, maybe dip your feat in the water. It's really relaxing," Shaun suggested. The girl seemed extraordinary tense and rather shy for some reason. I wonder how long till firebrand gets back, this is starting to feel awkward, Shaun thought, a frown on his face.

(wasn't really sure what to do)

Mia felt still a bit stupid at her question she asked but at least they started a conversation. She watched Shaun how he made himself comfortable in order to cool off his arm and as he lay on the ground she could see several more scars. It was clear to her that he had it bad in this realm of feas. With that Mia started wondering how things would have been if they were still in the human world.

Mia was brought back to reality when Shaun spoke again suggesting she should relax a little. In her life here she had rarely had any time to relax thou her current master sometimes give her half a day off now and then.

Looking over her shoulder she looked into the distance making sure it would be alright. She didn’t want to get caught and punished for something as simple as relaxing a little.

“I guess it would be fine to relax a little.” Mia spoke as she took a couple steps closer. Bending down she took of her shoes and socks and placed them one side. The earth under her feet felt odd a little not being use to walking without shoes. Eventually she took a seat near Shaun and slowly dipped her feet into the water. It was very cold and it caused Mia’s skin to break out with goose bumps.

“Its quite cold.” she stated smiling a little.

((Okay, tidy up time. Deleted characters/players are as follows:

Lusia ~ Nazgod.

Are there any human characters left who do not have a player contolled owner but would like one?))

((Yes he is, Chicogal))

Firebrand ran as fast as she could. Because she frequently burned herself she kept some salve in her room and bandages, so that was no problem. New clothes were another matter. Beldam hadn't bought new ones for Shaun yet.

She decided to raid Micah's old room, grabbed a pair of trousers and a silk shirt. Shaun's shoulders were broader, so she brought scissors too, vaguely planning to adjust them with a few strategic cuts, not that she was a seastress but how hard could it be? The scissors were made of diamond not iron - Firebrand made a mental note to be very careful not too loose them

She was very much out of breath when she came back, but she felt like she had taken too long anyway.

"I have them! How are you feeling Shaun? Did the water help" She wasn't sure if the two of them would be able to understand her words because she was gasping for air between every syllabel.

(Afraid not little one, also im assuming the shirt is buttoned... Tiga I just noticed what your fae looks like, seems familiar)

Shaun smiled and rolled over onto his back, then sat up.

"It helped a bit, but an actual salve will work better," Shaun looked down at his arm, there was going to be a mark that was a guarantee. He sighed, he really was a mess.

He reached out and took the clothes in his hand and looked over them. He sighed, the shirt was fairly small and would probably be a tight fit... if it could reach around him. Shaun grabbed one of the sleeves and tore it off, he then proceeded to tear off the other, and slipped the shirt around himself leaving it open as a makeshift vest.

Shaun then looked at the trousers, he reached down ready to change when he froze and looked at his company.

He wasn't too sure about Firebrand, but Mia seemed overly embarrassed from looking at him, it finally hit Shaun just what she might be embarrassed about and he felt his face go red.

"Oh, uh... I think Ill put these on later, thanks for the shirt. Where'd you get it?" Shaun noticed the scissors in Firebrands hand and looked down at the torn sleeves, he shrugged. Clean cut didn't suit him. Shaun proceeded to hold out his injured arm to firebrand so that she would bandage it, he already thought he knew what her answer was going to be and grinned.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((Backup has not posted since the 6th. If she has not done so by the 20th without any explanation she will be removed from the RP.

If any human characters are still in need of a Fae master please let me know.))

Elrihm gave a yawn and considered heading straight back to his bed, however Mia had not yet returned and he had this new servant to deal with first. He decided to set her to work chopping firewood and left her in what back garden there was.

Heading back inside the house Elrihm remembered that Mia had said something about a message. He supposed he could take a look before he went back up stairs.

Entering his study he located the envelope and opened it. Inside was not a note or letter, but a piece of card. A party invitation. A party invitation from the King and Queen to be more precise. Apparently one of the royal couples children, of which they had many, had returned from the human world they were going to celebrate their home coming the next day. Elrihm hated such social functions, especially as the child would be flavour of the month for all of three days before being forgotten, but to not attend would be a terrible insult.

He hoped Mia would return soon. He would have to prepare.

((All the Fae characters will be invited. They may also bring their human servants as 'companions'.))

With his mischievous endeavors all but taken care off and his gold pouch now filled to the brim with coins, Vrael opted to call it a day. The last human slave he had decided to torment had by far been the most entertaining of the lot, his incoherent mumbling drawing the attention of other fae, none of which had noticed Vrael's invisible form atop the slaves cage. Of course, the cause for the slave's garbled dialogue was due to a vision he had been presented with, an illusion fed into his mind through minuscule grains of sand smuggled through his ear canals via Vrael's subtle manipulations.

Taking to the sky, and visible to any fae or slave that bothered to gaze skyward, Vrael headed towards his place of residence. Along the way, his gaze flickered down towards his slave Ravel, the fae able to distinguish his aging slave from among the crowd, a look of pure satisfaction spread across the old humans face as his clung tightly to a new pair of leather boots. Vrael smiled slightly, before increasing his flight pace. He trusted Ravel would make his way back to the house... in his own time... his services were no longer required for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fae crowd cheered on above Ezra, their full attentions drawn towards the last two remaining human combatants, the third member falling victim to a momentary alliance between the two remaining. It was simple really, the two smaller humans had opted to work together to bring down the biggest of the lot.. but once he fell, his last breath long gone from his lips, the two remaining humans discarded their temporary alliance and swung at one another with renewed vigor.

Their savagery and desperation had spurred the crowd on into an even greater level of euphoria, the majority of them taking to their feet and swinging their hands wildly in the air as they cheered on. So entranced by the scene before him, Ezra scooted forward to get a closer look, in the process spilling the sack of coins he had stolen onto the floor.

With a sharp turn of his head, Volesh's face turned towards the section of the audience where Ezra was currently under, his outer-worldly eyes narrowing in through the gaps between the varying seating levels, before stopping and focusing on the reflective red hue of Ezra's eyes. Ezra had been spotted.

Mia was still smiling as she allowed her feet to enjoy the cool water. Her attention was quickly drawn to the now exhausted Firebrand who had been running to gather the items for Shaun. Silently she sat and watched as he changed which caused her to blush. Her heart was slightly racing and her glance quickly returned to the water. Oh no, please don’t go further she thought to herself and luckily as if Shaun had heard her thoughts stopped with just the shirt. She sighed with relief glad that nothing further happened. If it did and she kept watching she might have run away without say goodbye.

“I better get going.” Mia spoke as she pulled her legs out of the water, drying them half and slipping her shoes back on. “I will come visit again Firebrand if my master allows it.” The woman spoke as she finally got to her feet.

“It was nice meeting you Shaun.” She spoke holding out her hand to shake. “I hope you enjoy your new home.”

(Backup roleplays in the minecraft roleplay. And yes, Marcus. wink.gif ))

Shaeeath had come back to her residence, with her new slave. He had gone to the slave's quarters, and she was staring out of one of the tower's windows. She honestly didn't care what happened to him. Movement caught Shaeeath's eye as she watched one of her loyal servants walk across the open hall to reach her tower. Before the human could go any closer to her private quarters, Shaeeath had landed down in front of the girl.

She held an envelope in her frail hands and bowed gently as she landed. "Here, master. I received it earlier and would of passed it onto you, only you w-" she was cut of by a simple gesture of the fae's hand. "Thank you. Now go," Shaeeath muttered tiredly as she flew up to the top of her tower, clutching the paper in one hand. She landed and sat down swiftly before popping open the letter.

Shaeeath opened the card that lay in her palms. Her eyes skimmed the words as she gave a slight sigh. The royal child will come back now. And another human child replaced by a fae.

((Shortish... I should do more later))

Tess gathered what she needed to get from the stall before heading back toward the palace. Really, she didn't have it too hard, she mused as she passed by the slaves in their cages. She had been through that once, though. She knew what it was like.

Entering the gardens, she placed the special feed inside the storage area. Then she entered the building through the servants' entrance, walking down the steps to find her overseer. Of course, they wouldn't allow her to keep ths change.

Firebrand's eyes widened when she saw Shaun making short work of the shirt and transforming it into a rather rugged looking vest.

It took her a moment to understand why he was hesitating about the trousers, then she grinned wickedly and considered teasing him by asking if he thought he'd loose something if they stared at it, but she decided against it. She wanted to stay in the good graces of her big brother not to mention he deserved a bit of peace from her since he had been such a good sport about the burn wounds.

"Oh, uh... I think Ill put these on later, thanks for the shirt. Where'd you get it?"

She noted the way he looked at her with a not-quite-hidden-grin ready to emerge and realized what he must have concluded.

"Sorry to disappoint, but this used to belong to Micah. He left some of his clothes behind when he left. I guess mother wouldn't complain if I had raided Oravil's wardrobe though, so if the urge ever strikes you go for it. She certainly never does anything when he takes something from me. Admittedly he has never stolen any clothes from me. Wonder why that is."

She looked down at herself. She was so small and wirey she'd easly fit two times into Oravil, who was build like a football player, if not three times. That would make stealing her clothes rather pointless even if most of them weren't dresses.

“I better get going.” Mia spoke as she pulled her legs out of the water, drying them half and slipping her shoes back on. “I will come visit again Firebrand if my master allows it.” The woman spoke as she finally got to her feet.

“It was nice meeting you Shaun.” She spoke holding out her hand to shake. “I hope you enjoy your new home.”

"Take care, Mia"

Firebrand threw her arms around the young woman in a sudden surge of affection.

"If your master is too mean to you let me know. Maybe Shaun and me can convince mother to buy you." There was a certain amount of doubt in her voice when she said that. Beldam loved to spoil her children, but Firebrand was almost certain she'd draw the line when it came to adopting new children and Firebrand doubted Mia had whatever it was that 'her mother' was looking for. Of course she wouldn't have thought Shaun had it either so anything was possible.

---

"Are you sure you don't want to accompany me to the party, Oravil?" Beldam asked with raised eyes. "Invitations to the palace are not exactly thick on the ground for me and you might never get another chance."

Oravil shook his head. He'd have liked it if it was a human ball, but he did not like being among the fey very long, who seemed not to share his moms opinion about his worthyness.

"Why don't you take Firebrand or Shaun"

"It would be sort of ... unfortune if something caught fire in the midst of a celebration for the newly fledged royal child and I hadn't had time to buy new clothes for Shaun yet."

"That isn't a problem. I'll get some for him." Oravil promised, turned around and ran of.

"Oravil, love" Beldam called after him. "you've forgotten the money."

He did not stop and she doubted it was because he hadn't heard her. Oravil figured there was no point in buying anything if he could steal it. Luckily the clothes merchant like most of the merchants in Faerielands capital knew better than to harm one of her children. They'd sent a servant to her and she'd give them the money and the only one who might get in trouble would be one of the three human seamstresses who worked for the merchant and was proabably supposed to mind the store.

Beldam shook her head, more proud and amused than angry and decided she should better find out where Shaun and Firebrand were.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I'm so sorry. I seem to be having problems posting in this RP, and I don't have enough motivation. I don't know how to quite without making things hard for Robin, though.))

Iris

"Just one question.... I never got your name master."

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Iris." The corners of Iris's mouth twitched down in a frown. Was Robin still worried that she was going to be beaten? "When you're ready come down. Lawrence should know what needs to be done; I assume he's still working on pulling out weeds. Those are your orders; help with the garden work, and sing of course."

Iris fluttered out of the window, and noticed Lawrence running towards her. "What is it?"

"A letter, master. It was just delivered." Lawrence handed the letter to Iris and went back to work.

Iris ripped open the envelope and found a cardboard invitation. Oh, interesting, a party. That should be fun. There was no reason to bring Lawrence to a party, but maybe she could bring her new slave to show off. She was new, but seemed to be well-behaved enough.

As his house came into view, a frail pinkish figure garbed in a simple dress stood before his door, her hand hovering above the rather large door handle, but hesitating to touch it... most likely in fear or due to a case of nerves.

Landing softly behind the human messenger, his presence behind her not even drawing the slightest of reactions from the slave girl who was still busy deciding whether or not it would be wise to knock on the door.

"Ahem" coughed Vrael, causing the girl to turn around in sheer surprise and fright. Almost instantly, Vrael's right hand shot forward and grabbed her left wrist, pinning it against the door, his tail raising so slightly until it tickled the base of her chin, causing her to pull away.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" inquired Vrael, leaning in till their faces were inches away.

"M.. master.. Vra.. Vrael.." she stuttered, incapable of speaking properly as shaken as she was. "I.. bring a message.."

"Hmm" murmured Vrael, his interest in tormenting her further quelled. He pulled his hand away and lowered it till about waist level, leaving his right hand open as he waiting for the girl to present him with some parchment.

As her hand was released, the messenger began to rummage through the thin sack she carried, until she found what it was she was looking for. A letter of sorts which on its surface contained the Red Wax Seal, which meant it was from the upper echelons of Fae society... Royalty.

Vrael rolled his eyes and tucked the parchment away. "Will that be all?" he spoke, his mood now different to what it was before... an air of slight annoyance radiating from him. The girl of course was oblivious, shaking her head and bowing, before quickly making herself scarce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezra pushed against the small door, his body clearly lacking the strength to push against Volesh's body weight. The show had long ended, the remnants of the Fae crowd already long gone from the arena seat's, only their mess remained which would later be cleaned up by the slaves not yet sacrificed for mere entertainment.

"Dargramir, what is the meaning of this?" questioned Volesh, his body standing against the small door, preventing Ezra from exiting from under the stands. Opposite him stood the Unseelie, Dargramir, his gaze flicking between Volesh and the door.

"Volesh... I.. I have no idea... The boy was suppose to be in the back... tied to the wooden beam... I have no idea how he managed to get in there... or why he even entered there.." the unseelie lied. Obviously, between him and Ezra, he was the likely of the two to have their stories believed.

Volesh narrowed his eyes and examined Dargramir's demeanor, before sighing and stepping away from the door. "His presence here will now jeopardize our business... if word spreads about what he has been up to, any credibility that we have would be gone right out of the window... you know what that means right?... A brute like you would be tossed right back into the Ash... dam it... even now, I wonder why they let someone like you here..." Volesh turned and opened the door, allowing Ezra to fall through onto the floor.

"What do you plan on doing with him?" inquired Dargramir, his eyes shifting uneasily between Ezra and Volesh. It was a while before Volesh finally replied, his brows furrowed. "Has the boy ever spoken?" he asked, half surprising the unseelie. Dargramir pondered for a moment, before shaking his head slightly. "Not in my presence..." his eyes widened as he remembered something of importance."... I believe... when he was still under the ownership of Lady Vesparalia, the other slaves under her ownershup often referred to him as a mute..", Volesh's eyes widened, before he kneeled down and grabbed Ezra by the neck, forcing him to his feet and holding him against the wall. With his free hand, he brushed away the strands of hair, revealing his crimson eye and reached out for it, before pulling back quickly as he felt the resistance from the spell. "You're sure about this?" he asked, his attention focused on the eye.

"Y..Yes' replied Dargramir,

"Perfect... bring the boy to the market and fetch as much as you can... we need not worry about word spreading... nor must we ruin such a valuable item..." Dargramir moved to protest but stopped as Volesh turned his head slightly and looked at him. "I trust you have no complaints?" he asked,

"...none.." spoke Dargramir.

"Good..". Volesh tossed Ezra towards Dargamir and stormed out of the room.

(Yay! You're alive!)

Robin nodded quickly and soon as her master had left, she sat down gingerly on her bed. She combed through her vibrant scarlet hair with her fingers, pulling out the knots. Then she stood up again, paced around in a circle quickly, before deciding to go down to talk with Lawrence. Robin made her way down, slightly disorientated to where to head to. She saw Lawrence running towards Iris. She turned towards them, slightly overhearing their voices.

Once Iris left, she trailed after him, making sure to keep her distance. "Lawrence... Do you need any help?" She began timidly, stepping up to face him. She was obviously way shorter than him and he towered over her.

((Gotta go to dinner. Will try and get a longer post soon))

After the hand shake Mia was embraced by the young Firebrand. She returned the hug gladly giving the girl a small pat on the head. Thou she as a bit of a trouble when it came to fire the young girl was still quite nice... in Mia’s eyes that is. She listened to what Firebrand had to say but she didn’t take it much to heart. She knew something like that would never happen, her luck was not that good in any case.

“Good bye you two, I’ll see you sometime soon again.” Mia spoke as she walked way. “I hope.”

Mia walked briskly knowing that she had been gone much longer than she normally would. She just hoped her master would forgive her and understand that she didn’t want to be disrespectful for leaving too quickly. She knew some fae’s hated it. Eventually she had reached her home and not seeing the pet waiting on the stairs could only mean that her master had returned. Her walk quickly turned into a jog knowing she needed to hurry as fast as she could.

The doors creaked as Mia opened and closed it. She quickly gave a look around making sure her master wasn’t waiting for her but it seemed like he was nowhere. Eventually she hurried her way up the stairs wondering where she should start her search.

Shaun smiled as he watched Mia depart, she was a good girl that much was certain and he hoped her master treated her with care. He looked down at Firebrand, "You really think we'd be able to convince Beldam to buy her? She's far too nice" He said, somewhat disappointed at his thoughts.

Shaun briefly took the time to stretch, raising his arms above his head, and hearing the oddly satisfying popping noise. Lowering his arms he shook himself and picked up the remainder of his shirt, as well as the extra pair of trousers Firebrand had brought.

"We should probably head back now, lovely fire display, you truly are a master... though maybe have a safety line next time," Shaun said, smiling to indicate no ill will towards his 'sister'.

He placed his hand on his stomach, it felt almost empty, he had never been given much food and his body had adjusted to work with such a low amount, but he still felt occasional pains between meals.

"Can we go and have us some charcoaled... what was it lamb?," He grinned eagerly thinking about the food.

“Good bye you two, I’ll see you sometime soon again.” Mia spoke as she walked way. “I hope.”

Firebrand watched Mia leave with a heavy heart

"You really think we'd be able to convince Beldam to buy her? She's far too nice" Shaun commented

Firebrand bit her lip. That was the crux wasn't it? Occasionally she tried to convince herself that Beldam chose those children who needed her the most. She certainly had needed help living on the streets by herself and falling deeper and deeper into a vicious cirlce of firestarting and self-hate.

Yet this was the very thing which Beldam prized the most in her. At the end of day she couldn't hide from the fact that the one quality her new 'mother' seemed attracted to the most would be called plain evil where she came from.

"Probably not." She said, too low that Shaun could hear her.

"We should probably head back now, lovely fire display, you truly are a master... though maybe have a safety line next time," Shaun said. He was smiling as he said it which told Firebrand wordlessly that he was holding no grudge. Shaun placed his hand on his stomach probably to emphatise how hungry he was.

Firebrand nodded and started walking into the direction of Ivy Hall.

"Can we go and have us some charcoaled... what was it lamb?," He grinned eagerly which was oddly charming. Firebrand smiled and shook her head. "Tartary Lamb. How long have you been in Faerieland again? Have you truly never eaten it before?"

She shrugged and added honestly. "The stew that the house brews is pretty good actually. I only got sick of it because I have to eat it every week, but since it's your first day here why don't you give it a try? I promise to produce more charcoaled Tatary Lamb every time you feel like it." A little dimple appeared in her right cheek as she grinned.

"There you are!" Beldam called from above them as soon as they stepped out from under the trees. The fae landed gracefully in front of the two and beamed at her two 'children'. "I was beginning to get worried. Did you enjoy your time with Mia?"

She noticed Shaun's bandage and her smile became warmer. "Are you injured, my dear?"

It was a good couple of hours before Ravel returned to the manor, his hands clasped tightly around his new pair of 'used' boots, just like a mother cradling her newborn child. He had managed to acquire his new shoes, through a rare act of generosity on his masters part. Whilst purchasing the shoes, he had drawn the attention of several other slaves, all of them expressing varied emotions ranging from jealousy to shock and awe.

"Master Vrael" spoke Ravel, bowing infront of the large oaken doors that separated the corridor he now stood in and the Library, which Vrael frequented most afternoons. The sound of footsteps could be heard from the other side, before the large doors opened and revealed Vrael, his left hand clasped around a book; on closer inspection a childrens book, which he had stolen from the realm of humans.

"Ah...Ravel," spoke Vrael, his eyes zoning in on his new shoes, before going back up to the slave's face. "I trust you are satisfied with your purchase?" he asked, half interested.

"V.. Very.." replied Ravel, not meeting his masters gaze.

"Good.. Good.." Vrael placed the book down on a mahogany chest just beside the door and pulled out the parchment he had received earlier from one of the drawers. Ravel eyed the parchment, curious about its contents; his expression and actions noted by Vrael who began to unravel it.

After a few seconds of reading it, Vrael placed the parchment back down and walked past Ravel, signalling to the slave to follow him.

"It seems like another child of royalty is to return to Avalon in the coming days.." he began, his tone hardly that of someone who seemed excited. "I have been invited to a celebratory gathering, as a welcoming for this young-ones return...."he continued, Ravel listening attentively.

By the time explanations had ended, they had reached the large dining hall. "I will place you in charge, while I am gone..." he eyed Ravel, "...you know what that entails right?"

Ravel silently nodded, knowing full well that if anything were to go wrong, he would be taking full responsibility.

"Good..." he smiled, before sitting down at one of the chairs. "Tell Rosemarie to whip up one of her delicious pastries.."

Ravel bowed and left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blindfolded and chained, Ezra was placed in a small metal cage, barely big enough for a rottweiler and shoved in the corner of the storage room. With no hope of freeing himself from his binds and the door to the cage padlocked and protected via magic, his chances for escape at this point were pretty much nil.

Dried blood painted the lower right side of his jaw from a cut to his lower lip; the result of taking a punch to the face from Dargramir, the left side of his abdomen beginning to turn a light shade of purple as a bruise began to form, from another of the blows. To say that Dargramir had been furious about Ezra being noticed, would be an understatement. Shards of wood; formerly wooden crates littered the floor from where Dargramir vented out most of his frustrations

Devoid of light and relying solely on sound, Ezra could only wait out this abyssal hell.

(I think Shaun will now call Firebrand Brandy... as a sort of pet name, tell me are their alcohols in the Faerie land? I'd like to see her reaction to calling her Scotch)

Shaun raised his eyebrow slightly at Beldam.

"You don't have to get so excited, I've had more injuries. Thanks to Brandy here it worked out alright, though I'm afraid I have to ask for some new clothes," Shaun looked down and indicated the torn shirt he now wore.

"As you can see, I had to rely on a rush job... and I don't like scissors". Shaun smiled at Beldam. "We're on our way to get some lovely charcoaled tartary lamb, can I tempt you to enjoy the magnificence of the master chefs cooking?" Shaun asked, somewhat sarcastically unsure whether Beldam would seriously take the offer. He suspected the idea of eating charcoaled food would be beneath her, but still. It was always a smart move to get into the masters good book.

"Brandy?!"

Beldam frowned and looked at Firebrand questioningly. She did not like seeing one of her children injured, but on the other hand she had been relieved at this sign that Firebrand was getting over her squeamishness. Of course if Shaun just had had an accident and Firebrand had simply bandaged him up..

Interpreting Beldam's look correctly Firebrand shrugged and said. "It's more accurate to say thanks to me he got injured to begin with. But yes, I helped bandaging him up again. I've certainly no desire to get my new brother mad at me."

Beldams face cleared at this explanation. Of course Firebrand desiring an alliance with Shaun made sense, especially given her rather bad history with Oravil. She wasn't quite sure what Shaun was getting out of it, but maybe it was because Firebrand was a girl and he liked looking at her? Humans especially the males could be strange that way.

The fae gave Shaun another look, studying the scars and then nodded satisfied. "Maybe you are right and I don't need to worry, my dear. You seem to have survived worse than this injury and you are still healthy and strong. That is fortunate. I want you to acompany me to the palace this evening. I am invited to the celebration for the newest royal child to return to us and I want to use the opportunity to show newest child of. Oravil is already fetching appropriate clothes for you. So if we want to try Firebrands Tatary-Lamb we need to hurry a bit - he is refering to your cooking skills, right my sweet?"

Fire brand nodded.

"Well, if a child goes to the trouble of preparing food a mother should always have time to try it, but we really need to rush this a bit. It doesn't do to be late when it comes to royal invitations and with all respect my son, you'll not only have to chance clothes but take a bath too before we can leave."

Edited by Laura-Lana