Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

When Mia arrived with his tray Elrihm pulled himself up on his pillows so he could sit up and eat. The Treant also perked up at the prospect of some food, but Elrihm nudged it off the bed with his foot. It begrudgingly climbed down and proceeded to watch Mia give the tray to their master, peeking over the edge of the bed.

Picking up the spoon Elrihm tried some of the soup. It was quite good.

"At least I made a sound investment in you" he said aloud, but mostly to himself. "What was the name of that maid I had when I bought you? Carol? Kate? She was a complete dunce in the kitchen anyway."

He took another sip when he remembered something.

"There might be a large explosion later. Lady Beldam was buying dragonoil to give to one of her pets. The one that keeps starting fires."

Mia stood in silence when Elrihm spoke not sure if he might request for something else instead it seemed like he talked about what an investment she was. In the end it never bothered her due to she was so disciplined only to react to orders when in the company of fae’s.

“Thank you for informing sir. Is there anything else you would like me to do?”

It seemed her new child wasn't inclined to take her hands, if he had even noticed she had held them out to him that was. Beldam let them sink and studied him for a moment with a mixture of amusement and irritation. Shaun's attitude was a bit surprising. Beldam would have expected someone who had spent years in the service of other fae to choose his words with more caution, if he dared to speak to begin with. She certainly hadn't thought he'd inform her that the other fae thought her strange. He couldn't think that was news to her, could he? And if not the question was if he was deliberatly trying to be insulting or if he had a tendency to speak without thinking about it. The matter didn't get better by his flat refusal to call her mother or his complaints about his former masters.

"Is that so? And do you consider me strange too, my dear?" she asked him mildly, wondering what he saw when he looked at her. The frail young woman that she looked like or the ancient power that lurked behind the facade. She had expected him to sense the latter but he was acting more as if it was the former.

Beldam glanced at the seller, 'short little Mistoa' in the words of her new son, clenching the broken halfes of the pole. She noticed his cheeks were starting to mottle with rage. Better get Shaun away quickly.

"Come on! " she said briskly before Shawn had time to reply and made a shooing motion. "We need to hurry or Firebrand will be worrying where we are. We'll have time for introductions and everything else once we are home."

Oravil, still pouting, deliberatly ignored the other human.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Shaun looked suspiciously at Beldam as he strode next to her. As with previous masters his stature and physique was busy building up his confidence, compared to the fae. But the back of his mind knew that this was not someone to mess with. Her question, do you think I'm strange? It was clearly a test, and if he failed to impress her with his answer he would likely be back on the selling block. Or worse.

"Ill admit, a fae actually caring for the humans she looks after is unusual. But I wouldn't call you strange. Everyone is different, all have different opinions on humans and fae," Shaun said, he wondered if it would be enough. Changing the subject might be the best option here, he thought to himself.

"I saw you talking with the store owner over there," He nodded towards the shop. "After you met the dragon hunter. What are you planning to do with dragonoil? When I trained in crafts work I was told that while dragon oil can help make any stone shine as if it were diamond, it is incredibly volatile and dangerous". Shaun had the slightest suspicion that this 'Firebrand' person might be the one who wants the dragonoil, and the name didn't suggest that they wanted to use it as polish. Shauns eyes moved from Beldam to the boy again, he didn't seem like the friendly type. The way he acted reminded Shaun of a spoiled little child, always pining for mother when they broke their friends toy.

So. He does have some common sense after all, Beldam reflected as she saw his suspicious look and heard his far more careful reply. But he might have a bit more courage than is good for him.

"The dragonoil is a gift for Firebrand, my youngest. She'll love it!" Beldam answered. She clapped her hands in happy anticipation, like a five-year old seeing a mountain of gifts under the christmas tree at christmas morning.

"I wish you wouldn't give it to her." Oravil said sullenly. He knew Firebrand and he did not like what Shaun reported about it's dangers. "She's going to blow the complete house away."

"Don't be a spoilsport, Oravil. We won't allow her to play with the oil inside of course. Besides the house is rather large. I don't think I've brought enough dragonoil that she could destroy more than three-quaters of it."

Oravil didn't look happy but he was well aware there was no point arguing the matter with Beldam. Seeking to change the topic, just as Shaun had done before he said.

"What he said is true, mom." He pointed at Shaun. "Most fae don't really care about the humans with them." Actually now that he thought about he couldn't really remember a single one who did. "Why?"

"Well, most humans don't deserve to be cared for." she explained. "It's sad that the other fae can't see that some of you are different though, far superiour than the rest of your species. Like you, my dear.", Beldam gave him a mischievious smile. "Don't pretend to be surprised. You can't have failed to notice that you are better than the others."

Oravil rolled his eyes "Of course I know I am better than anyone else."

"See? You are worthy of being a child of one of the fae and they aren't."

"Wait... does that mean he" Oravil pointed at Shaun again "is superior too? And Firebrand?"

Beldam clapped her hands together again in delight.

"Exactly my love. Well..." she gave Shaun a considering look. "at least I think so. I've been known to be wrong on occasion."

"No one is as good as I am." Oravil declared.

((Ooc: LoL. If I were Shaun I'd begininning to have a very bad feeling about now))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((If I were Shaun I'd have snapped her neck by now tongue.gif Oh wait, sorry thats Bane))

Shauns eyebrows rose in curiosity, these two really were interesting. Superior? In what way, the girl Beldam was describing sounded like a pyromaniac? Is that what this fae thought? Do violent humans appear more interesting then docile ones? This Oravil seemed just like a stuck up brat. Shaun thought more carefully, did that mean Beldam had bought him because she thought he was violent in some way? He was by no way the nicest human around, but he always tried to be nice to other slaves. Especially the younger ones, when he had gone out to buy food for one of his masters he'd seen a young slave girl, barley more than a twig. Shaun horrified by her treatment had secretly slipped his portion of the food into her hands as he passed her. When his master found out, Shaun had received several beatings and he didn't get any food for several days. His master relented when Shaun became too weak to carry out his ordinary duties.

Shaun pondered what to do, currently the only person in the vicinity he was somewhat hostile towards was annoying Oravil, but his mother seemed to treasure him. Shaun briefly bit his lower lip, hoping that Beldam wouldn't see the worried look on his face. Shaun took a deep breath, quietly, and put a smirk on his face and leaned down towards Oravil.

"I wouldn't be so harsh towards me Oravil, if I'm assuming correctly I might be your big brother," Shaun said, still grinning evilly. "And I don't really like my little bro saying hes superior to me, when as far as I can see... hes not" Shaun re-affirmed his point by threateningly flexing his muscles. Well mother, I hope this performance was to your liking he thought. Shaun dropped the evil grin and happily draped his arm around Oravils shoulders, his muscles still tensed for full effect, though it was rather uncomfortable. "I hope we can be good friends, bro" Shaun said, smiling happily, while his eyes never left Beldam.

((Let me know if there's problems, ugh I keep accidentally righting Bedlam))

((Let me know if there's problems, ugh I keep accidentally righting Bedlam))

((Ooc: Bedlam! That's priceless! laugh.gif And it's just two letters exchanged. Post is great as it is smile.gif))

For a moment Oravil looked as if he'd gladly carve out Shaun's heart with a knife. Slowly. While he was still alive.

Beldam laughed happily, the sound like silver bells. "He has a point there, Oravil.", she said.

Realizing that he couldn't expect her to protect him, if he made an enemy of Shaun and not happy at all about the obvious strength of his new 'brother', Oravil tried for a smile.

"Yeah. I was just joking. I am sure we'll be great friends ... Bro."

They left the main path and Beldam pointed toward a palace like building in the distance. It was made from dark stone, overgrown with ivy and had windows of amberglas that glowed from inside.

"This is Ivy Hall the residence of my ancestors. Even by the standarts of the fae it is ancient and magic is woven into it's very stones. It is my home and now yours as well Shaun."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Mia stood in silence when Elrihm spoke not sure if he might request for something else instead it seemed like he talked about what an investment she was. In the end it never bothered her due to she was so disciplined only to react to orders when in the company of fae’s.

“Thank you for informing sir. Is there anything else you would like me to do?”

"No" said Elrihm. "I am quite content for the time being. I will summon you when I need you next. You may resume your duties."

He dismissed Mia with a uninterested wave of his hand. He'd finish his meal, write the note and then have a well deserved rest.

((I should really get a second servant for Mia to interact with. Any volunteers?))

Tess carried a bale of hay, long blonde hair swinging behind her as she went. She murmured a little song, an old song traditional at Faery festivities. Her masters at this place were much nicer than those at her previous home. It was much rarer to receive a beating here, as she had found out. And the superior human servants who supervised her were more understanding. The previously dark purple, blue, green bruises that had adorned her arms had already faded to a faint black, and the scars on her back had no new fellows since coming here. Oh, and all because of her voice, her blessed voice that had rescued her from that hellhole.

She stepped onto the lush green grass of the pallace gardens, pale eyes sweeping the vicinity for any sign of the unicorn. There they stood, grazing the grass. Despite this, it still took pleasure in eating the hay and carrots she brought them. But she had never gotten close to it. No, it was a wild thing. Once or twice, she had tried to approach with a carrot, but it tended to run whenever she got within five metres of it. Sighing gently, she walked to the shelter and placed the hay inside of it, spreading it out for the beautiful animal.

((Fortune: He or she?))

Edited by Chicogal

Shaun whistled in appreciation of the large structure.

"Very impressive? And your actually willing to destroy three quarters of it? I've worked on construction before, but I don't think even myself and Oravil could put it back together," Shaun smiled down at the boy. Oravil probably wanted to kill him, or have Beldam kill him, Shaun hoped the annoying kid wouldn't get his wish. Shaun tapped his chin thoughtful, "If you treat us as children, do you have any actual slaves here? A big place like this it would be nearly impossible for four people to maintain it, unless your magic specializes in household chores," Shaun wondered if that might have offended her.

Vrael sat along the wall of one of the many buildings, his appearance hidden by his gift of invisibility. In his hand was his favorite posession; a Hobermans sphere that he had stolen from the mortal plane years ago. He continued to open and close his little toy as he watched the hustle and bustle of the various Fae and their slaves in the market center.

His slave, Ravel a human he had purchased long ago was somewhere in the crowd, struggling to push his way through as his aging frame hindered his movements. Ravel was a long serving slave of Vrael's and one of his best at acquiring top value for the many treasures he brought back to Avalon from his journeys. However recent excursions into the market center had brought diminishing returns. Today, Vrael was to decide whether or not to cut his losses with Ravel or if the man still had some value he could extort for his own benefit.

Ravel clung to the treasure his master had recently stolen, a small wooden box of sorts that played music when it was opened; an object that even amazed Ravel. It was held against the right side of his chest and hidden beneath a ragged old cloak to prevent other Fae's from seeing it.

Pushing his way through the market he tried his best to make it to the stall in time. He knew that his master was losing patience with him... the last two returns on the items he sold not meeting Vrael's expectations.

Beldam wrinkled her nose. "No slaves, my dear. I fear you'll have to find something else to amuse yourself with. Ivy Hall doesn't need my magic. It takes care of itself rather well. That's what I meant when I said it was full of magic. "

She really did not like the thought of servant humans running around her home and maybe influencing her precious children. Luckily her ancestors hadn't liked the thought of human servants either, though as far as Beldam knew that was more because they distrusted all humans, period.

"You might want to make sure to leave nothing you treasure on the floor at night though." she said. "Ivy Hall isn't very intelligent or flexible for that matter and it disposes of anything it considers trash rather... permanently."

Shaun laughed, "I don't really have anything to treasure." He looked up at the house his curiosity piqued. "I've heard of magical buildings, but I've never seen one before. I must say, you must be quite the individual to own such a house," Shaun said. No wonder Oravil was so overconfident, if his mother lived in a place like this she likely held some form of status. He was very interested in meeting her other child, all he knew so far was that she liked fire. Shaun patted his hair, he remembered being briefly bought by a stylist who had loved his hair. She was nice until she got too close and fell ill, like with his knowledge of crafts work Shaun subconsciously tried to maintain his hair in case someone else like the stylist was ever out buying. He scratched at his chin, he hadn't chose to start growing a beard. He just hadn't been allowed any sort of object that was capable of cutting hair in his last job. Shaking himself out of his thoughts he smiled at Beldam. "Well, I'm very excited to meet the fourth occupant of this household. I hope we get along," Shaun said.

((Quick question, will Firebrand be like Oravil; being jealous of Shaun, or will she be more friendly... or will she be "Mummy did you bring me another toy to burn?"))

(( You tell me what you think wink.gif))

"I inherited it. I did not build it."

Beldam patted his brawny arm. "Don't worry, you shall have treasure. I'll teach you how to take whatever you want."

"Firebrand? Well she should be in the house, but.."

There was smoke coming from behind the right corner Ivy Hall. Beldam shook her head and changed direction, walking toward the smoke.

---

The girl was 15 but rather small for her age. She looked more like 14 or even 13. There were burnscars next to her left eye and down her arms. Some very recent, some older. Nature had given her ashblond hair and brown eyes, but she used henna to dye it red. The hair not the eyes. She wore it in a ponytail.

Her new 'mother' had given her gowns to wear, but she prefered the clothes she had worn when she entered this strange land: Washed out jeans and a Micky Mouse T-Shirt.

It was tartarylamb-stew day. She did not know which day it was in the real world. She figured thursday, but she wasn't sure. If faes had calendars Beldam had clearly opted not to use one. But the house cooked the same thing every 7 days and today was tartarylamb-stew day.

She had nothing against tartarylamb but she was getting sick of the stew. Luckily there was an old fireplace outside -apparently she wasn't the first one who had gotten bored with the meals the house served- and right now she used it to grill. Tartarylamb of course. Mustn't go against the tradition.

She loved cooking, though she wasn't very good at it. She tended to burn things, getting distracted by the pretty flames.

"Firebrand, my sweet. Have you missed us?"

"Of course, mother" she said obediently, looking up.

Her 'mother' was there allright. And Oravil, though she could do without him. There was a third person along, a young man and for a moment, she was deadly certain Beldam had brought Micah back.

"This is Shaun." Beldam introduced the young man. "He is your new brother. Isn't that great?"

"Wonderful." Firebrand lied without much conviction. She wondered if he had a special kind of mental disorder or if he was just plain evil. She was afraid she'd find out sooner rather than later.

She rose and tried to rub the ash away from her hands. Then she offered her right hand to her new brother.

"Hi! I am Camoe. But you can call me Firebrand. Everyone does. Welcome to the family!"

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Sia, oh Sia!" Jasper sang, his voice accompanied by the snarling of a Briar Hound.

Lusia rounded the corner, before bowing. "Yes, master?"

"I brought back a pet for you to get to know. Isn't he adorable?" Jasper petted the Hound lovingly. "I might let you play with him as well, he seems to like you very much."

Lusia observed the Hound, it snarled and barked, straining against the hold of her master, trying to get closer to her. "As it pleases you, master."

Jasper grinned, before letting the Hound loose. "Oops, I forgot to ask whether you had your weapons. I dearly hope it won't scar your face anymore, wouldn't want to lose any value when I sell you later today." He peeked at Sia, trying to gauge her reaction. But as there was none, he mumbled to himself. "Mercy, Sia, kill it quickly. It's not even fun anymore."

Obeying her master, Lusia let the Hound take a bite at her arm before stabbing it on its belly. "As you wish, master."

Jasper pouted, "And just for that, I'll let that bite fester for a while. Nothing like another scar to add to the collection." With that, he flounced out of the room, leaving Sia to clean up the dead body.

((Hey guys~ Haha, is that good enough of an introductory post? I tend to overuse commas. :'D))

“Yes sir.” Mia spoke bowing slightly. As she turned around to leave the room she noticed the fea hunter’s dirty shoes. It also gave of a nasty smell the she knew but never knew from what creature it came from. Thinking on her own she went to the man’s closet returning with a new pair of clean shoes. She then took the dirty shoes and left the room closing the door behind her. With a sigh of relief she rested a few seconds against the wall as she stared up towards the ceiling. Thou she was fully trained to be respectful towards the fea’s and all their things she was still afraid to get a beating.

Eventually she pushed herself of the wall and went down towards the wash room. This would be a long day of scrubbing for sadly but on the brighter side everything else was in order and that caused a rare smile to appear on her face.

((Just so you know Nazgod, Briar Hounds are quite sturdy. It'd take more than to just stab it in the stomach to kill one, since they don't have anatomy like regular dogs. Their bodies are made of a thorny plant (hence the 'briar') so they can take a lot of damage before dying.))

Elrihm ate his meal in silence, ignoring the pleading looks of the Treant. When he was finished he laid the tray to one side and it was quickly pounced on by his loyal pet, which proceeded to lick the dishes clean. Taking up his writing set he scribbled a quick note to Lady Beldam. Although he had thanked her at the time, proper manners dictated that he do so properly in writing.

When the note was finished Elrihm placed it in a envelope and set it on the nightstand. Mia could pick it up and deliver it when she came to collect his tray.

Grabbing hold of his eiderdown Elrihm wrapped himself up and closed his eyes. He probably wouldn't wake for several hours.

((Fortune, I'm putting her up for sale now. And aah, ok, does that mean that they could easily be burnt?))

Lusia observed the dead Hound, unsure exactly how to dispose of it. She walked towards one of the other servants and tapped them on the shoulder. Before she could get her query out though, the servant gave a shriek.

"Oh no. No, no, no! This will not do!" The servant fussed around Sia's wound and groaned at the state of her hair. "Master Jasper wants to sell you today! How will you sell looking like a ragmuffin? Come, quickly. We must get you cleaned up."

~~~

Lusia tugged at her skirt, unused to wearing things that flowed around her.

Jasper slapped her hand lightly, "Now now, don't fidget. I hear that's not an attractive trait for humans." He led her towards a grumpy looking salesman, who visibly brightened upon seeing him.

"Master Jasper, are you looking to sell your pet? She's quite pretty, which will fetch a high price but those scars," he tsked. "They will lower the price down dramatically. May I ask, what's her skill?"

"She a fighter," Jasper petted Lusia's head and ignoring the mans mutters, "But I have a few requirements. Sia's been my pet for quite a while, see. And I'm a little... Protective of her. Those cages will not do, if you tell her to stay, she won't move a muscle. Wonderfully obedient, very entertaining, I'd hate to leave her here..."

Sia tuned out Jasper's prattle and decided to look at her surroundings a bit more.

((I'm cool with whichever, maybe she can warm up to him because he refers to her by her first name?))

Shaun grinned down at the girl. "Pleasure to be here. You're one lucky girl, your mother picked me up while she was busy getting you a lovely... very dangerous present. I hope you don't set fire to my room," Shaun said with a grin. Frowning he turned to his new 'mother', "Do I have a room? I'd be fine to share but..." His voice trailed off as he looked down at Oravil.

His facial expression quickly smoothed out into silk, hiding his inner thoughts, "I don't want to impede on my brother. He has been here far longer than me and deserves a room to himself". Shaun paused as a strange scent filled the air, he looked around curious. Turning back to Bedlam he raised his eyebrow, "I know you said your house cleans itself... but if Camoe doesn't cook why can I smell," He sniffed again. "Tartarylamb?"

((She'll warm to him if he can convince her he isn't going to harm her))

Strange, she did not feel particular lucky. And what kind of present was he talking about? Another dress? Why would that be dangerous?

Shaun seemed realtively nice so far. It made her a bit nervous. Micah had seemed nice too until she had found out what qualified for humor with him.

She smiled a bit as he worried about having to share a room with Oravil, it became a little wider when he talked about he cooking.

She took a breath getting her face back to serious. "In reverse order of your questions..."

Firebrand held one finger up. "The house does indeed cook on it's own, if that is what you are asking. There should be Tatarylamb-stew in the kitchen by now. I just happen to prefer ... let's say Tatarylamb roast. I'll share if you want some."

She had to admit her efforts didn't really qualify for something as sophsticated as a roast, but if he had a problem with it he could go and cook his own Tatarylamb.

She held a second finger up. "Unless mother says differently you can have several rooms all of your own, so no need to worry about having to share with Oravil."

Firebrand looked at Beldam. "Right, mother?"

Beldam nodded. There was an expression that was either amusement or mockery around her lips.

"And third." she said, her eyes becoming graver. "I am not going to set you on fire while you sleep if you promise to return the favour. I like fire, but surprisingly enough I don't like burning myself that much."

Oravil snickered.

Firebrand glared at him.

"What?" Oravil said. "It wasn't me!"

"No, but you were the one who gave Micah the herbs that were supposed to make me sleep more deeply.", she accused.

Oravil smirked.

"Yes, that was ill-done." Beldam interruped in a calm voice. She looked at Oravil. "Keep in mind that you need strong narcotics if you want to keep someone asleep while you burn them in their bed, my love."

"I'll keep it in mind, mom."

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Why if it isn't old man Ravel.." croaked the Fae Merchant, "..Come to sell another treasure yor master has stolen have we... or perhaps your master has given you permission to purchase one of my antiques..." The Fae stepped aside revealing various trinkets and items majority of which came from the mortal realm and from different era's. Ravel stood there, momentarily awestruck at the many different objects on display... all relics from his homeland.

"I.. I have come.. to sell" Ravel muttered, pulling away the cloak and holding out the music box. The merchant looked displeased at the thought of splurging more of his gold coins. Business had been rather slow these past few days and he was not as willing to part with his shinies any time soon. The merchant stared down at the wooden box, a hint of curiosity in his expression as he examined it. Clearly any attempt he was making at refusing temptation was not working and he eventually gave in.

"What is it this time.." he grumbled. He may not have liked parting with his gold coins, but he also could not resist buying items from the mortal plane and it was for this reason that Vrael always ordered Ravel to go to him first. Ravel ushered his way towards a table and placed the box on it, an expression of excitement visible on his face. He recalled the one and only time his master had shown him this device work and at the time had to question whether or not magic was causing the sound to emanate from within.

Hand's trembling, he opened the box and to his delight the melody hidden within the box began to play, as if on cue Ravel had both hands out and was dancing; albeit awkwardly to the tune. The merchant however ignored the slave's show and leaned in closer, obviously intrigued in the weird device before him.

~~~

"How much?" he grunted, this time leaning over the device and examining its back. "Master demand's 60 gold pieces and no less" Ravel's response drawing an agitated response from the merchant. "60 gold pieces?! 60! Are you trying to run me out of business!" screamed the merchant, causing Ravel to cower slightly and take a step back. "M.. Master Vrael.. demands it.." he replied, his hand on the box and closing the lid, ending the melody. The merchant was clearly distressed by the sudden lack of sound evident by how suddenly he turned to the box. "What have you done?!.. What trickery is this.. turn the melody back on!"

"60 gold pieces, or Master Vrael will seek to sell to another.." Ravel was now wrapping the device in the cloak.

"40 gold" replied the merchant, his gaze shifting between the magical device and the slave.

"60" replied Ravel, almost half done with the wrapping. The merchant's brows furrowed.

"55 and no more" attempted the merchant desperately.

"I shall take my leave then.." Ravel began to turn around. Ravel was making his way down the market when he heard the merchant shouting from behind. "Fine.. You filthy slave.. 60 gold pieces and I want you to never return to my stall again!"

Ravel stopped and smiled, before turning around to walk back to the merchant. A smile spread across Vrael's face as he watched the scene unfold.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((@ Chico: Sorry for the late reply, but the unicorn is male.

@ Nazgod: Fire would cause them damage, but not easily kill. Setting fire to a plant (unless it is very dry) is actually kind of hard.

@ All: We have another servant up for sale, Robin (Tiga).))

Elrihm became aware of a weight at the end of his bed, lying across his legs. Rolling over slightly he half opened an eye and looked down over his eiderdown. The Treant had climbed up and was trying to catch a nap on the bed. Elrihm sighed and started to kick it off from under the covers. The bed wasn't really big enough for both of them.

Grudgingly the Treant climbed back down to the floor again but started to chirp in irritation. The noise was preventing Elrihm from dropping back off to sleep and it wasn't long before he sat up and threw a pillow at the creature out of frustration. The Treant chirped in fright and took off, running out of the room.

Elrihm sank back down onto the remaining pillows, but no matter how he tried he couldn't get back to sleep. Damn fool creature. Why did he keep the blasted thing anyway?

He considered calling Mia to bring him a sleeping tonic but he remembered that they had run out of some of the herbs. It would take too long to wait for her to go to the market and back. He would have to go buy some.

Grumbling he got out of his bed and pulled on the fresh shoes the girl had left out for him and smoothed out his hair. He was dressed in nothign but his black trousers and white shirt, but at least he was presentable. Taking some coins from the dresser he vanished from the room.

Elrihm reappeared at the edge of the market, away from the crowd. It was so busy here that if he tried to apparate straight to the apothecary he would probably crash into someone.

Joining the crowd he started to make his way to the nearby apothecary. As he walked Elrihm passed a slaver's market. Most of the humans up for sale where in cages, but one girl was standing loose on her own. Intrigued he wandered closer to take a look. Normally humans that were not contained were favoured somehow. What made this one special?

A sudden movement caught her eye and Lusia immediately looked towards the slave trader, seeing him visibly brighten.

"Master Elrihm! Are you looking to buy a servant? I have quite a nice selection here," the merchant gestured towards the slaves. Remembering what her previous master explained to her, she stopped fidgeting, risking a quick glance his way.

"This one, I managed to get today. First time on sale, very obedient. She was well loved at her previous home so she's quite tame. Come!" He snapped at her. Since he was her temporary master, she went over to stand by him, letting him prod her and turn her around. "Very pretty. The scars make her a little unique, do they not? Well, if they don't her skill certainly sets her apart. She's skilled in fighting, killing Briar Hounds every night for her previous masters entertainment."

Lusia carefully kept a blank face at the obvious lie. She could barely kill a Hound, let alone killing it without sustaining any injuries. Master Jasper used to keep a box of quick herbal remedies, just in case.

((Quick little post before I head on plane.))

Robin waited silently, standing beside more humans who were obedient enough to stand. Her gray eyes flickered to see one in a cage, the ones that would fight back. She bit her tongue as a fae folk began to look at some humans to her left. Her seller joined the fae and they began to talk. Robin tuned out of the bland conversation but they soon made their way tpnear her row.

"And here, is a human," the seller spat out the word human, "who can sing, her name is Robin." The fae's eyes barely look at her before the two continued down the line. Robin gave a small inward sigh of mixed emotions, relief and misery. She wanted to be sold, but she didn't what to enter the hands of another harsh fae like her previous owner.

Edited by Tiga

"Hmm."

Elrihm took hold of the human girl's arm and raised it to inspect the scars closely. By the sounds of it the girl was mostly used for entertainment, not something he particulary looked for in a servant, and even her skills didn't really appeal to him. Even if she could fight Briar Hounds, something he deeply suspected was a bald faced lie, she would be little use against his regular quarry. No human could stand against a dragon.

Then again, she could be useful as bait. He disliked using Mia because even though she could be easily replaced, he quite liked her cooking. It would be a shame to see a good dinner vanish down the throat of a dragon.

"This human is rotten" he said dispassionately, dropping her arm and standing back. "And why would I waste gold buying Briar Hounds for her to slay, even if she can indeed do so? They are valuable creatures. Of far more worth than this thing."

Looking unimpressed he mused for a moment.

"Then again, I'm sure I could find some use for her. How much gold are you asking?"

((FYI, No slave would be worth more than 1000 pieces, no matter how good they are.))