Fortune86

CLOSE PLEASE

The merchant sputtered for a minute before scowling. "Seeing as she's so obedient, I'd say 500 gold pieces. She'll obey you without question."

I doubt I can sell for more than a few gold pieces. Master Jasper has quite eccentric tastes, Lusia thought to herself.

((Hope that's long enough. Feel free to play as the npc and drag Sia home. :'D))

"Five hundred? For this?" said Elrihm incredulously. "I didn't pay that much for my cook."

He looked back at the girl, who had remained silent so far. She didn't seem to be looking at anything in particular, just staring out straight ahead. Perhaps the frequent battles had done something to her head. Sometimes humans did that, went away inside. It didn't matter to him. Dragons didn't care what they ate.

"I'll give you three" he said to the merchant.

The merchant scowled again and shook his head.

"She's worth at least four, even with all the injuries."

"And yet I'll only give you three. Unless you wish to sell her to another? I don't plan on overspending on a commodity that, by the looks of things, may fall apart before I get home."

The merchant thought this over. Three hundred for what was basically a walking puppet? Now that was a bargin.

"Deal."

Elrihm extended his hand and the merchant took it to shake on the deal. The merchant prodded Lucia forward to indicate she should go towards her new master and when he was released from the handshake he turned his hand over to receive payment. The merchant nearly screamed when Elrihm dropped just three gold pieces into his palm.

"What is this?! We agreed three hundred!"

Elrihm looked throughtful for a moment.

"I don't remember saying 'hundred' at any point. I only said 'three', which is what I gave you. Good day."

While the merchant stared to turn purple with rage Elrihm turned to his new purchase.

"Step lively girl. I have other matters to attend to."

Without waiting he stepped back into the street. He had probably made a enemy of the merchant and the girl's former master, but there wasn't a lot they could do. Not while he had the King's favour.

((You know what, I think I'm just gonna have Shaun refer to Beldam as Bedlam. Just not to her face))

Shaun raised his hand, probably too strong a gesture in the eyes of Bedlam.

"Wait, are you telling me you" Shauns open palmed turned to an accusing finger, pointed at Oravil.

"Gave your sister narcotics so that this, Micah was it?" He asked looking curiously back at Bedlam. "You tried to put her into a deep sleep so that Micah could burn her?" Shauns arm twitched slightly. On some days that he'd been heavily beaten, he'd always dreamed of having a younger sister. Sometimes when he had been heavily beaten he hallucinated that he had been injured protecting his imaginary sister from being taken by the fae, and she had taken care of him. This had manifested to a soft spot for the many young slaves that he'd worked with, a couple of his scars had been given to him in unsuccessful re-creations of his hopeless dream.

Shauns glare turned to ice and he stepped menacingly close to Oravil, chest to chest.

"If you try and harm another hair on her," He said, taking time with his words to add to the effect. "I will take it personally upon myself to get you back, tenfold".

"For every", he pressed Oravil back.

"Single", he stepped forwards again.

"Flake of skin," he placed a hand on Oravils shoulder.

"Or head of hair," He lifted his scarred fingers up to Oravils eyes, and clenched them into a fist.

"That is harmed," His gaze fixed on Oravils, boring into him. Shaun shoved Oravil back, painfully knocking him to the ground. His eyes stayed locked with Oravils, daring him to speak up. Turning back to Firebrand he smiled, sincerely.

"A roast? Sounds nice, I've always preferred my meat well done... actually all I was ever given were the scraps and the burnt bits. You sort of build up a love for that crusty texture," Shaun licked his lips enthusiastically.

((Help me, I cannot successfully read the word Beldam without subconsciously putting an L after the d ))

(( Try Belle Dame (sans merci) -> Bel-Dam -> Beldam))

I've decided to turn Firebrand into a regular character as soon as I can come up with a character profile that Fortune is willing to accept biggrin.gif))

Beldam's eyes narrowed as her new son threatened Oravil, who actually fell over and landed on his behind as he tried to walk backwards, away from Shaun. She was not concerned because he was threatening his brother as such, it was kind of inevitable that her children would have their fights and squabble, but that he did it on behalf of Firebrand.

"Careful Oravil." she said "It seems my new boy is the sort who is protective of little girls. Who would have thought?" The 'I will have to do something about changing that' went unsaid.

She grabbed Oravil's hand and helped him back on his feet.

"Well, Firebrand since Shaun seems to have taken such a likeing to you, why don't you show him the house. After sharing your roast of course. I wouldn't want to spoil your hospitality." Her voice said exactly what she thought about those antics.

Her face softening, she added: "And come see me before you go to bed. I really have a present for you."

"It was not me who set fire to her!" Oravil said over his shoulder apparently convinced that meant he was not to blame. It was aimed into the direction of Shaun as he followed Beldam, who was leaving.

Firebrand was still fighting to keep the astonishment out of her face and busied herself with preparing a dish for Shaun. She hoped he really had no problem with having his meat a bit burned, because that was exactly what she could give him.

"What kind of present is that?" she inquired in a low voice, wondering if he was going to tell her the truth.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I'm barley managing with Beldlam... but I'll try, and cool. This is great Beldams trying to manipulate Shaun, and hes trying to manipulate Beldam))

Shaun chuckled quietly to himself as he and Firebrand walked off. He didn't really plan on hurting Oravil, it just amused him and after years of hard work it was good to cheer himself up. He grinned down at firebrands question and patted her head.

"I fear, mother will be a bit cross if I spoil the surprise. Let's just say its a type of spice that should help with your," He held up his fingers, "Cooking". He gazed around at the house, it seemed like a very old building, the style seemed very Gothic. Much like cathedrals back in the mortal world.

"So how long have you and Orey been living with your mother? And what happened with Micah?" He asked.

Firebrand looked at him out of the corner of her eyes. She still wasn't quite sure about his character. The way he had reacted to Oravil was promising, but she couldn't imagine for Beldam to bring someone home who would qualify as a sane, decent human being.

"Micah... imagine an older meaner version of Oravil. He was better at hiding his character too. He could be all charming and nice until he got inspiration for one of his newest jokes. Beldam said she brought him back into the human world because he was all grown up now and ready to embrace his destiny. Your guess is as good as mine what thats supposed to mean."

Firebrand sometimes wondered if the fae had lied and killed Micah instead. But why would she have bothered lying about it? It wasn't as if her or even Oravil would have been angry on Micah's behalf. Personally Firebrand thought killing Micah would have been a service to mankind. If there ever had been a single good trait in him it had withered and died long ago.

"Oravil must have been here for years now. A few monthes for me. I think it's half a year now. I am not completly sure. It's been difficult to keep track of time. Even before she found me I've hadn't access to calendars or something like that. I lived in the streets."

Firebrand didn't clarify who the 'she' was she was talking about. It should be clear enough. And while she made sure to call Beldam mother when the fae was around, she had trouble bringing herself to speaking the word when she wasn't. Of course with Oravil she had to, he'd betray her in a heartbeat if she misstepped.

If Shaun did, she'd know where she stood with him.

"How long have you been here?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Vrael quickly stood up, still invisible to the naked eye and made his way closer to where Ravel; his slave was standing. As the Fae merchant pulled out his pouch to get the gold coins, Vrael eyed several more pouches of similar appearance and size tied around his sash. This revelation causing Vrael to smile even wilder, why settle for 60?

Flicking his fingers, he sat down once again and observed as a slender Fae woman, whose appearance suggested she was of higher status appeared out of nowhere and approached the two who were deep in conversation.

"Oh my... you must tell me.. was this the creator of that wonderful melody my ears were so blessed to hear?", she inquired, staring down at the box in Ravel hands.

"Y.. yes.. ma'am.." responded Ravel, who was bowing to the Fae. "I.. I was in the process of selling it to this merchant here... 60 gold pieces.." he stuttered, the last part drawing a look from the merchant.

"60 gold pieces.." she muttered, as if deep in thought. Now the merchant was beginning to sweat unsure of what exactly was happening before him. After several seconds of deep thought, she opened her eyes and placed a hand on the box. "120.. and that wonderful device is mine...120 gold is nothing for an object of such beauty" she spoke, her eyes beaming. The merchant was getting furious now, but he could see that the item would attract a lot of attention and perhaps he could increase his profits, if one woman was willing to pay 120 gold pieces... he could only imagine the bidding war that would occur if he attracted the attention of more admirers.

"Oi.. now look here Slave!" he spat, "You agreed to sell that to me for 60 gold pieces! and I'll be damned if you go back on your word and sell it to another!". Ravel retreated backwards slightly, but for the most part stood firm. "My master is still the owner of this device.. and until such time as it is exchanged for gold and said gold is in his posession, the device remains his and he has free will over who the device is sold to. I am merely a tool in which he is able to conduct such exchanges" he replied, the last part of his 'speech' robotic in tone as if rehearsed time and time again. Ravel turned towards the Fae lady and was about to shake hands with her in agreement for the 120 gold pieces.

"Blast it all and blast you filthy vermin. 180 gold pieces for the device" he held his hand out with the pouch full of coins. THe fae woman looked rather displeased at this and stormed off. The merchant smiling at the battle he had just won.

Ravel placed the device down beside the merchant and inspected the coins before bowing. "It was a pleasure.." he muttered before turning to leave.

The Fae woman disappeared into thin air as Vrael's illusion ended.

Mia was still busy washing of the armour, only to be half finished with the set. Then there would still be the shoes which needs cleaning. Wiping the sweat off with her arm she continued again at a steady pace.

“Oef!”

Mia suddenly fell to the side as the treant playfully attacked her. At first she thought she was being punished for something when she noticed it was only the pet of the house.

“That wasn’t nice Creature.” Mia spoke as she pushed off the treant. “If you’re up then the master must be as well.”

With that she pushed of Creature and dusted herself off before heading to up the stairs. Once she reached the door she knocked softly waiting for an answer. After a couple of minutes there was no reply so she entered anyway. Entering she notice the fea was gone. That had explained why Creature came to bother her. Sighing she took the dirty dishes and the note. Reading the name on it she figured she had to deliver it and luckily for here she knew where this fea live. One of the nicer ones but her choice in children scared her a little bit. No the less it was a task she had to do there for she placed the dirty dishes away, cleaned herself and then started making her way towards Beldam’s living area.

((If you want you can say you hear a knock on the door Laura-Lana)

(Anyone an idea about a colour for Firebrand? Now that I have two charries I think it's better if I diversify)

Beldam sat in her bedroom, which was on the second floor, busily weaving a hair of Talomiel into a bracelet. A little bell at her window chimed, announcing that someone had knocked at the door of Ivy Hall. Beldam looked down, out of the window - being able to see the entrance was one of the reasons she had chosen this particular room.

It was the little human of huntsmaster Elrihm. Wondering what she wanted, Beldam breathed a little kiss on the bell which caused the house to open the door.

The fae hurried out of the room toward the stair that lead to the entrance hall.

Instead of walking down the stair she jumped over the railing and floated down, naked feet first.

Edit: Marcus Pheonix said Shaun wanted to meet Mia too, so maybe wait a sec before you reply?

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Oh you're too kind, and what about red? It is a colour of fire))

Shaun looked up as the small chime echoed throughout the house. Turning around he saw Beldam descend from a higher floor. He whistled briefly, he'd seen her wings and figured she could fly. He just hadn't expected her to be so graceful. He then heard a second knock on the ornamental front door.

"Oooooh," He said, now realising what would cause the fae to descend. He then noticed that the door was already open, given by the amount of light shining in.

He leaned over towards Firebrand, "Do you know who that is at the door?" He asked, seeing the head of hair in the door. He calmly walked over towards the door and poked his head out.

"Hi there, welcome to the house of Beldam..." He turned to Firebrand. "Does she have a last name?" He asked. Turning to smile at the girl, "Sorry I'm new here".

Mia waited patiently staring at her feet until the doors opened. As she looked up and new face greeted her along with Firebrand. She looked at the pair of them wide eyed not sure what to say. She had never been good at talking to others unless she was forced to. At that same time she wondered who the new guy was and for what reason Beldam had got him.

“Oh um...” she spoke looking at her feet again. “Hello.”

((If my tenses and stuff is a bit off, I'm sorry about it.))

((Thanks for the input. I considered it but decided red is too plain a choice. I think I'll go with Sienna for now. I'd prefer some sort of dark orangeyred actually. I'll see what I can find. ))

"Uhm. Beldam isn't her real name, you know?" She answered in a low voice. "It's a nickname because we can't pronounce her true name. Or at least I can't. No idea if she has a family name and I am not going to ask. Maybe she'd expect me to use it."

Turning to the door she realized that she knew the whitehaired young woman. It was Mia, one of Elrihm's servants. Firebrand had asked her about cooking a time or two.

"Hi Mia!"

"Firebrand my sweet, don't you want to invite our guest inside?"

Not particularily. Firebrand liked Mia and she didn't want to bring her into a situation where she might draw Oravil's notice. But she knew the kind question for the order it was and stepped aside, looking at Shaun who still stood in front of the door.

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Ravel... I see you've acquired the gold" spoke Vrael, making himself visible behind his aging slave. Ravel turned around and lowered his head in a bow, before presenting the gold coins. "Y.. Yes Master Vrael.. I hope you are pleased with the sum.. 180 gold pieces.." muttered Ravel.

Vrael tail swished from one side to another as he opened the large pouch of coins and peered inside, satisfied with the amount. "I see you have not lost your touch.. Ravel.. I must say I was beginning to worry... procuring another human with your particular talents is no easy task... and I rather detest the young ones.." remarked Vrael, securing the pouch to his own waist before walking down the market.

"I do not deserve such kind words... I am merely your tool to use as you see fit.. My master.." Ravel began to follow behind. They walked down the market, stopping every now and then to marvel at the wares, however a thought lingered on Ravels mind.

"Master.." he inquired, causing Vrael to look over his shoulder with a raised brow. "By chance.. was the Madam one of your illusions?'

Vrael smiled, before tossing Ravel a gold coin. "Your shoes... I am sure you would like a new pair.. see what you can buy with that coin... think of it as a reward for your work today... and continue to serve me as my tool.." with that, Vrael hid himself from sight.

Ravel stood there, coin in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come now" growled the Unseelie, his hand tightly gripped around a large wooden stick, its pointed tip made from dragon nail. Several slaves were behind him, the majority of them with a metal collar fastened to their necks and chained to a wooden frame which pulled a cart along. In total there were 5 slaves, four of which pulled the cart and the fifth, a young boy with blondish hair who walked beside them, his neck unchained and in his hands half a loaf of day old bread. His hands of course were tied up by rope and attached to the side of the cart, however he was still able to raise both hands to his mouth in order to eat.

"Dam pathetic creatures the lot of you... I'd be better off feeding you to the Briar hounds and having them pull the cart instead!" the unseelie cursed, both hands gripped around his staff before he swung it around and hit one of the leading slaves on the side of his abdomen, causing him to fall to one knee."Get up!... Dam it Get up!", the fae shouted, kicking the fallen man.

Ezra watched, unfazed as he proceeded to tear off a portion of the bread and ate it. The scene before him drawing little if no reaction from him. The other slaves however quivered and looked away, one of them bursting into tears. They were clearly afraid of their owner and in a state of distress, the tiring task of pulling the heavy cart already depleting their low energy reserves.

"Gah!.. Your absolutely useless... a waste of my precious gold coins...", the unseelie had now progressed to stomping the mans face into the dirt, his shoes twisting from side to side as he grinded the beaten mans face into the ground. The man had long since slipped into unconsciousness. The fae turned to the other three pulling the cart and glared, "well!" he shouted, "Get on with it! I don't feed you to stand here and gawk! Pull the dam cart!"

The fae resumed his seat along the back of the cart as it began to move again. The three slaves now having an even more difficult task as they pulled the cart. The fourth man dragging along the ground, pulled by the metal collar around his neck which was still attached to the wooden beams.

Ezra remained silent and followed by the side. Only the bread crumbs from his meal were visible on his face, no expression of concern or sympathy for his fellow slaves were present on him.

Edited by TotallyDrow

“Hello there Firebrand.” Mia looked at the younger girl. “How have you been?”

With that she tried to start and conversation but she was still nervous with the new face before her. She did try and make eye contact every now and then but her attention kept going back at Firebrand.

“Can I speak with your... um... mother please? I have something for her from master Elrihm.”

"Fine. And you?"

"I am right here, you know."

Beldam was sounding slightly irritated now.

"If no one minds, I'd like to know what message master Elrihm has for me."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Iris

After dropping off a few bundles of rare herbs at the Potioneer, Iris decided to go to the slave trading area of the Market, which she'd been meaning to do for awhile. Lawrence got the difficult garden work done well enough, but he was so boring. He couldn't cook or sing or do anything else interesting, and he didn't even have any interesting stories to tell.

She walked with the flow of the other shoppers, looking for anyone who caught her eye or who's description sounded interesting. Eventually, she spotted a girl with bright red hair and grey eyes. The girl had many bruises, which could reduce her price but could be easily healed. Iris wasn't planning on spending a large amount of coins for a new slave.

"...who can sing, her name is Robin."

Hm, singing was nice. Maybe if the girl really could sing Iris would buy her. "Let's hear her sing, then," she said to the slave owner.

((Sorry, my posts are usually longer.))

Robin stared down at the rocky ground, waiting for the day to be over. She had been standing on the same spot for quite some time and was stiff. Only when a fae's voice sounded near her, her head gently lifted up.

"Let's hear her sing, then," she spoke. Robin was momentarily confused at the fae's request. Why would anyone want to buy her? But when the slave owner gave her a dirty look and kicked her, she began to sing.

Robin's eyes were watching something else in the market as she sang, she didn't want to look at the fae in her eye. She hit a high note perfectly, her voice soft and beautiful. She could feel the stares of the other humans, and her slaveowner. He never got to hear her sing. Ever.

She had finished the song and fell silent again, the gazes of the other slaves left her. She liked it when no one was looking at her and looked at the fae's face before quickly gazing down at the ground again.

The cart entered a rather desolate part of the market and came to a stop before a large circus tent like building. From within came 2 more slaves followed by a male Fae; his skin pale as a ghost and his shoulder length hair black as the abyss.

"Finally!" he exclaimed, his lavender colored eyes brightening up at the sight of his partner, the unseelie arriving. "Dargramir.." he addressed the Unseelie, "... Hurry up and unload the cart... your already late as it is!" Dargramir moved to explain his reasons but was stopped as Volesh, the seelie fae continued to talk "... place the younger ones in the back and I will take a look at them... as for the older ones attach a collar to their necks and add them to the cages in preparation for todays show. Make sure they don't break free this time... I'd hate to have to set the hounds on them...we can't have a repeat of what happened... I lost nearly 600 gold coins worth of slaves that day and I will not have a repeat of it... dam mess took a day and a half to clean and we had to cancel the rest of the shows for the week!" Volesh half turned, his eyes falling upon Ezra and his gaze focusing on his miscolored eyes; more specifically his left one. Ezra had been the cause of few arguments between the two Fae's, Volesh favoring the sale of Ezra for a large sum of gold with Dargramir protesting against it. Ofcourse, Volesh was unaware of Dargramir's true reasons, oblivious to his side business of selling stolen goods.

Grunting, Volesh decided to not bring the subject up again and turned around, strutting back into the circus tent, his two slaves staying behind to help Dargramir unload. Ezra made his way to the front seat of the cart (where the driver would sit if on a horse drawn cart), still attached to the rope and with only a tiny portion of his day old bread left. With a slave still chained in front of him, he rested his tired feet on his shoulders and began nibbling away at the remnants of his meal. Due to his diminutive size he was exempt from hard labor... that and both Fae's for one reason or another held him in high value and did not want to damage their valuable ware.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Iris

Iris scowled when the slave owner kicked Robin. Had that really been necessary? Ah, well, the slave looked like she was used to beatings. Still, if you beat them they'd start flinching whenever you got near, which Iris found annoying. It could make a slave be more obedient and willing to do things out of fear, but Iris still didn't like the idea of having to beat slaves. It was really just that she preferred not to do violent acts herself, not that she was special or kind or whatever else she thought on days where she wasn't being honest with herself. If others wanted to beat their slaves, what was the harm if she didn't have to watch?

As soon as she heard the first notes of the slave's song she stopped thinking about beating slaves. The slave's voice was beautiful, and Iris immediately knew that she wanted to buy her. It would be best to do it quickly, to avoid attracting the attention of fae who might try to pay a higher price than Iris could afford.

"Three fifty." That was more than she had planned to pay, but original plans didn't matter if the end result from the new plan was good. It would be worth it, anyway, to own a slave with such a beautiful voice.

The slave owner listened to Robin's song. She wasn't noticed by majority of the slaves, and yet this one wanted her.

"Three fifty," the fae said.

Hmm, I guess that should be good. No use to me anyway. She can sing, but her bruises and scars make other fae not even glance at her. Might as well get her out of here, he thought silently.

He turned to Iris. "Deal," he spoke, shoving Robin forward harshly. "Be good for your new owner," he hissed before smiling at Iris. "Have a good day," he added more kindly before holding out a hand to collect the money. "Three hundred and fifty," he muttered under his breath.

---

Robin was shoved forward and stood up ungracefully. She glanced up to her new owner, Iris. She could feel more stares as she was sold. And she was surprised. She watched the two once again, wondering if this was a dream.

She could feel worry creeping up in her. What if her new master was just as cruel and mean as her old one? What happens when she finds out I have no skills, other than to sing? What if I am deemed useless... And sold back? Robin lifted her gray gaze to look at the seller before her master.

“I’m well thank you Firebrand.” Mia spoke as she smiled at the younger girl.

“Oh I’m truly sorry Madam Beldam. I was quite caught off guard by the new member of your family here.” Mia stated as she gave a little bow. Looking back up she made eye contact with Shaun again but this time she slowly stepped passed him. With that she made her way towards Beldam and once she was before the face she gave another little bow.

“It’s a letter from my master, madam.” Mia spoke as she took out an sealed letter of her apron.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Beldam's reputation nonwithstanding she did not like any humans except for her children and she did not have that much patience. She was tempted to backhand Mia for not being quicker. That was out of the question of course, the girl belonged to Elrihm not to her and hurting her wouldn't have been very polite.

Instead she gave the whitehaired girl a smile and petted her head with one hand while she took the envelope with the other hand. There had been a time when she had been deeply insulted by the assumption that she was a human-lover in general, but she had stopped struggeling against it long ago. By now she found a strange pleasure in reinforcing that reputation occasionally, it made it all the more satisfying when of her children was playing with one of the other humans, who would vainly plead with her to tell them to stop.

It was a 'Thank you' note. Most proper and what she should have expected out of Elrihm, but most fae wouldn't have bothered with it when it came to 'strange Beldam'.

She gave Mia another smile, this time a genuine pleased one. "Now, that was kindly done. Tell your master it wouldn't have been necessary to go to such trouble for such a little gift, but that I deeply appreciate it."

She looked at Firebrand and Shaun. "I'll leave Mia to the two of you now. I am sure you'll be happy to have a playmate for a while."

She considered pointing out that she did not want Mia harmed as a matter of courtesy, but decided to find the best cook money could buy for Elrihm if her children misbehaved instead. Money was replaceable, furthering the education of her children had no price.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Mia slightly closed her eyes when she saw Beldam’s hand move. She wasn’t sure if she was going to get hit or not but the girl tried her best not to move much. When nothing bad happened Mia felt a bit relieved.

“Oh madam. Thank you for the cocoa. I shall make something decent out of it.” Mia spoke quickly before the fae left. With that she turned around to look at Shaun and Firebrand. What am I suppose too now she thought as she looked at the pair.

Ezra maintained his position on the cart, watching as the slaves, along with Dargramir began to unload the shipment. From behind the cart, humans of different ages began to come out, all attached to one another by metal shackles and led into the tent by Volesh's slaves. From here, Ezra could already see that these humans each suffered from some form of dibilitating Injury. One man was missing his arm from the elbow down... while another; a young girl had ghost white eyes and seemed to struggle in her movements; obviously unable to see anything infront of her. As the slaves walked by, one of them; a rather tall and middle aged man made eye contact with Ezra, his gaze fixed upon the boy's peculiar appearance, goosebumps already beginning to form along his skin. Despite the two of them both being Humans, the slave could feel nothing but fear when he gazed into the crimson color of Ezra's eye. The sensation of breathlessness began to overcome the man as he continued to stare, before he felt a sudden force on his legs and fell to the ground.

"What do you think your looking at... you vermin!" growled Dargramir, his staff hitting the back of the slave mans legs, causing him to fall to his knees.. "Listen here now... filthy pest's...each and every one of you are of no use as slaves, unable to sing or cook or perform any trick your master desires, you fail to justify your own existences in this world and under normal circumstances would have died a dogs death in the harsh lands of the ash.." his words sent a few slaves cowering in fear.".. but be thankful... as I and Lord Volesh have found reason in your pitiful existences.." he smiled coldly before taking a deep breath. "Entertainment!" he shouted, raising both hands into the air. "With our help... your once useless lives will have meaning... they will bring happiness to the faces of many Fae." Several slaves had tears streaming down their eyes and smiles on their faces as they listened to Dargramir, all believing that they would be spared death now that they were going to be of some use to a Fae.

"You two!" Dargramir addressed Volesh's slaves. "You know where to lead them... hurry up and do it". The slaves nodded and led the other slaves inside. Dargramir turned towards Ezra, the sharp end of his dragon nail staff easily cutting through the rope end attached to the cart. "Inside..." he commanded, picking up the end of the rope that had fallen and tugging at it like a leash.

With little protest, Ezra descended from the cart and followed behind Dargramir, led by his leash into the circus tent building. Inside, half a dozen Briar hounds, each differing in size and kept chained to a wall growled at him; their instinctual hatred of humans all the more obvious. On closer inspection, the bones of some kind of creature littered the floor around them.

"Quick now" ushered Dargramir, tugging at the rope and drawing Ezra's attention away from the hounds. Further in, they came across two larger cages and in each of them human slaves separated by gender. These were not the ones that Dargramir had just delivered, but slaves that Volesh had acquired on his own and had long since been told about how they would be providing the entertainment for the Fae's .

From behind the rightmost cage appeared Volesh, now garbed in attire reminiscent of a circus presenters. "This is the batch for today's show... I haven't fed the hounds in three days... so they are bound to be extra energetic in their performance today" The two fae's began to laugh as several of the slaves began to cry. As usual, Ezra remained as calm as he normally was, unaffected by the situation before him, simply looking forward with a dead look in his eyes.

"Uhm, do you want to help us pick out rooms for Shaun?" Firebrand suggested, but immediately realized that wouldn't help her keep Mia away from Oravil. She bit her lips, considering. "Or do you want to see something pretty? Well it might be pretty. If it works."