Lemniscate

The Secret of the Stone

{Aria- Female Hellfire Wyvern}

Though muddled at first, Aria managed to hear a voice speaking to her, and she tried to clear her way through the voices mentally nagging her and the headache that came as a result of her crying. After awhile she realized it was Caroline who had come and was speaking to her. Aria shifted slightly to face the other dragon, though Caroline did not seem to notice in her flurry of words. Aria listened more closely and heard, "not scared... Know.... trying to... I'm not good at comforting people and I don't want to make you angry... Do you want to come back?"

The smaller dragon seemed almost embarrassed by what she had just said, but Aria found it oddly comforting. Caroline was not loquacious or confident: she was anxious and afraid of upsetting others, like Aria. The awkward, bumbling speech made Aria feel a earth inside at the timid dragon'a unexpected kindness and in characteristic boldness (making the solo effort to find Aria). At the dragon's final question, Aria just stared at Caroline, wide-eyed for a few seconds, amazed at the dragon's unintentional sagacity and after a moment murmured, "I never should have left...", though in a low, gravelly voice that Caroline likely didn't hear.

Aria realized that her stare might be making the other girl uncomfortable, so suddenly looked away. However, Aria was glad to know there was another person who understood how Aria felt and cared at least somewhat.

Edited by Cuteseal2

(Sparks- Female falconiform wyvern)

Sparks waited for the other dragons to do something, that little hatchling just ran off crying and they weren't doing anything about it. She eventually got fed up and followed the white dragon. Eventually, she caught up to her and walked beside her, trying to comfort her. Walking was awkward for the wyvern. "There there, it's ok." Sparks stopped walking and put herself in front of the hatchling. "Come now, your group needs you. Their probably worried sick." She spoke softly and calmly.

Edited by SparksflY

((Kersti - blue female nebula. I'm soooo sorry I've been inactive! I'll catch up the best I can but the post might be a little short. I skipped through the other pages and read this page in full, so sorry if I miss a couple events that are happening.))

Kersti kept listening to the conversation, the unfolding events, and was analyzing every aspect of the clearing. A camp would need a stead food supply for the dragons, shelters, a defense system.... As the camp grew, social statuses aside from the leader may develop. And that could either be beneficial or turn into a disaster of dragons pursuing equality...

Kersti hovered just over the treetops, looking around the clearing and beyond. The other (four?) dragons who had left hadn't come back yet. She decided the best thing to do is to continue being quiet, as she didn't know what to think of the new dragons. Kersti snapped a twig in the tree to make space for her to sit on it, praying that the whole branch wouldn't fall under her weight.

(Zeditha - Neo)

Zeditha looked up at the sound of a branch snapping, and spotted Kersti. "Another necklace..." She murmured. She flapped away to land on a nearby branch. She was careful not to sit on the same branch; it was obvious that it was close to snapping under the Nebula's weight. "Hello," she said. "I don't think I caught your name. Did you hear the conversation?"

(( Kersti - female blue nebula))

"Off and on," Kersti replied to Zeditha. She hopped off the branch when she heard a crack, and it sprung upwards. "I mean, I didn't hear it in full, I was busy - er - I'm known for daydreaming. Anyways, I'm Kersti. I was the first one to this clearing, but anything after that seems a bit foggy in my memory. Heh, that's what I get, I guess, for not paying full attention." She sighed and glanced around the clearing, looking for anyone who's returned. "Still gone?"

((Zeditha - female neo))

Zeditha smiled. "Well, it's nice to have another necklace among us. In case you didn't hear, a crazy guy turned up in a puff of smoke and told us the necklaces are what keeps us here. After a year, we can tap them twice and we'll go back to our old lives. A couple of us tried to tap it, but nothing happens. Since then, I've been voted leader. Unanimously." She blushed slightly, and her ears flicked. "And someone else was voted deputy. Darned if I can remember who though..." She turned to scan the dragons below. "While I'm not exactly known for anything - I'm something of an outsider, I live in an isolated place and make a living via the internet and post - if I was known for anything it would be my forgetfulness." Her wings spread, and flapped nervously. Then she realised the branch was wobbling a bit, and kept her wings out, for balance. She had to lift the one nearest Kersti, to avoid having her wing in the other dragon's face.

((I actually did forget who was the deputy. One drawback of being me; I forget stuff really easily. Also, Neos are meant to have huge wings, right? I think Zeditha's body is about as large as a tallish human, but her wingspan is something crazy like 5 metres. So when she spreads her wings, stand clear, because she might accidentally hit you in the face. Never deliberately though, she tries to avoid it.))

((Ria-female ember hatchie))

Ria hid in a bush near a clearing, overhearing the conversation. She didn't know who these necklace-bearing dragons were, or what it was about the necklaces. A bug suddenly fell on one of the Ember's wings. Ria flailed, shaking the bush violently in an effort to get the insect off. The offending bug was long gone when the hatchling realized her mistake. Great, she thought. Now they'll know I'm here for sure. Ria hid further into the bush, trying to stay out of sight.

user posted image

Sparks sighed when Lotus didn't reply. She decided to give the hatchling some space, hoping she would calm down. The Falconiform Wyvern returned to the clearing. "Lotus is just a bit upset. She'll join us when she's ready." Sparks stopped when she heard rustling in the bushes next to her. It couldn't be a big dragon- it was to small. Probably just a curious hatchling or pygmy. She peeked into the bush and caught a glimpse of the bright red markings of an Ember dragon. "Come out. Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." The blue fire on her black dimmed, and her eyes were calm and patient as she waited for the hatchling to respond.

Edited by SparksflY

Ria poked her head out from under the bush. This wyvern seemed friendly enough, so she crawled out of the bush and faced the wyvern, tilting her head. "Am I in trouble?" She didn't want to be in trouble, and now she felt a bit strange for asking, as it pretty much confirmed she was eavesdropping.

Ria glanced back at the Neotropical and Nebula dragons. Hope they didn't notice this.

The Falconiform Wyvern laughed, smiling at the hatchling. "No, of course not. I'm Sparks. I live around here." She looked around, as if she expect more dragons to pop out of the bushes. "Where's your mother?"

Edited by SparksflY

((Ria))

"M-my mother? She's not here."There was a small tear as Ria continued. "They told me not to go in the forest, that I'd get lost. And I didn't listen." The hatchling was in tears now, curling up under the bush.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

The Soulpeace dragon felt bad for the little ember dragon. She was over hearing their conversation in one of the tree. She decided not to come out of her place.

(Sparks- falconiform wyvern)

Sparks sighed, remembering her lonely childhood. "It's ok. If you want you can stay with us. These dragons are... New. They're not from around here and I'm showing them around. They'll be happy to take you in and protect you." She smiled looking around at the group. "We're just waiting for the other's to come back." She said, casually.

(user posted image)

Ria almost calmed down. Maybe I'll friends here. The Ember hatchling had gotten lonely since she became lost. Ria proceeded to crawl out of the bush, sitting down and waiting.

(Sparks)

Sparks smiled. The little hatchling reminded her so much of herself when she was little. "I don't believe I got your name?" The falconiform wyvern flicked her tail, the blue flames on it flickering.

user posted image

Lotus was too caught up in her moment of drama to even notice the falconiform who was trying to comfort her. She moped back to her little cave. She peeked inside, and sure enough there were hundreds of little pigmys hiding in cracks and dips in the cave walls. They stared at her as if she were an intruder. Silly pigmys.. She thought. She walked into the cave and looked at her bed. The soft moss was starting to dry out. She hadn't put new moss on for a few days. She shrugged and laid down anyway. She drifted off into sleep, and soon forgot completely about the dead bird.

Lotus woke up about an hour later. She yawned and stretched her little wings. They were fully capable of flight, but Lotus had never learned. She found herself yearning to fly on a daily basis. She trotted out of her cave, initially looking for moss. Then an instant later, she remembered her friends. She really didn't remember any of their names. Her memory wasn't as developed as her wings. But then again, her wings weren't exactly as usable as her mind. She started off again in the direction of the clearing, which she remembered because of the fruit trees. She started strolling back, humming a little made up tune to herself. She hummed loudly, because there weren't any other dragons nearby except for her new friends. At least none that she knew of.

<OOC: Aaah! I'm so sorry for disappearing! Is it dead? Is it alive? Can I have a recap? Where's the OOC thread? wacko.gif >

((Ummm...I dunno for all of them? xd.png

I would call this dead, but who knows. Maybe it will experience spontaneous reviving!))

<OOC: I would post right now, I honestly would, but I'll have to read the few pages I missed out on first... happy.gif

EDIT: ... blink.gif I've read everything and so far...it seems to me that everything's all over the place. xd.png I'll post something, anyways.>

user posted image

After hearing what the Neotropical said, Sunshy Gold flashed a grin at her. Before he could respond, however, some other dragons entered the clearing and distracting Zeditha from continuing their conversation. He didn't mind much, however, and settled comfortably on the branch to observe the group's interaction.

They were certainly a strange bunch. The main leaders seemed to be Zeditha and the Glaucus Drake dragon but no one actually seemed to be listening much to them, especially to the the latter. He frowned a little. A typical dragon leader would probably roar to get the clan's attention, not be like...this. From what he had seen so far, none of the dragons with necklaces behaved like any dragon he had ever met. What was even stranger was the fact that he could pick out a faint human scent within the area, yet there were no humans to be seen. If he wasn't sensible enough, he'd think that the necklace dragons were humans in disguise!

Sunshy tilted his head, slightly confused with the scene before him. Everyone seemed to be scattered at the moment. The female Hellfire Wyvern had chided at Zeditha for being too trusting with the wild dragons after the Neotropical had welcomed a Falconiform Wyvern, who had suddenly came in out of nowhere. The Hellfire then proceeded to fly off after Zeditha retorted to her outburst. The Hellfire Wyvern had a point, though. In this forest, you couldn't be too trusting with stranger dragons - not all of them would be friendly enough to stop for a chat. Some would even kill on sight. Sunshy was actually surprised that they had lasted this long with that kind of mindset.

"Let's see...who else is there?" he thought to himself. This was actually becoming really interesting. Such a diverse group of dragons...it was a wonder how they had managed to stay together in the first place.

"Or maybe not for much longer..." He watched with a raised eyeridge as the matured White hatchling ran away from the clearing after a dead bird landed nearby it. Not long afterwards, the Falconiform Wyvern chased after it, most probably to comfort it. Then Zeditha started introducing herself to a blue Nebula who had suddenly appeared on a nearby tree.

At this point, Sunshy's head was beginning to hurt. There were just so many dragons popping out of nowhere at the most randomest of times! He couldn't possibly keep track of all of them. Then again, he couldn't just sit by and do nothing. The so-called 'community' was already falling apart before it could even be united. Should he just continue on his travels, hopelessly searching for other clans? No, he decided against the idea. This was the first time he'd met a group of dragons this unique and friendly and damn if he was going to let it just disappear like that.

However, what could he do? He was just a Pygmy. If he roared - or attempted to - all that would come out of him would be a squeal. Then again...he was not just any Pygmy, was he? He looked thoughtfully at the sky. The sun was setting now and the sky was ablaze with a fiery gold-tinted red. An idea struck him.

Of course! His wings! With the sun now fully facing the East, he could reflect a whole lot of light and signal down at the dragons!

Grinning away to himself, he spread out his wings and took to the sky, stopping when he thought that he had reached a suitable vantage point. "Alright, let's do this!" Twisting in the air, he turned himself so that the mirror-side of his wings were fully facing the West, immediately reflecting the golden sunlight down to the dragons below. However, the rays spread abundant over the other parts of the forest as well, as far as the light could reach. It did not occur to him that even though he would receive his new friends' attention, he could also attracted other unwanted attention.

<OOC: Whoops...too long? It looks long on my phone but I'm not sure how it looks like on the computer. Also, I'm pretty much just guessing what the time is in-RP. Feel free to correct me, though I doubt if I'll want to actually re-write this crap I came up with.

Also, sort of mini summary included! At least, a summary of what Sunshy can see, anyway.>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

<OOC: Bump. I did not attempt to revive this RP just so it could die again without even a reply.>

user posted image

Ria blinked in the new sunlight. She stepped out into it, being careful to not trip when she got into the light. It would be fairly stupid to fall at such a time. Her orange scales shone in the sun created by... wait, what was that?

A Pygmy dragon, reflecting the sun into the whole forest. "Hey!" Ria began trying to scrabble up the tree, looking for anything she could get a grip on.

Her claw got stuck in the bark. Ria flailed, but the claw wouldn't get out, and it hurt to try and get it out.

((...she needs to learn to tree-climbing.))