Lemniscate

The Secret of the Stone

user posted image

It was no use! No matter how long Sunshy Gold stayed up there or how much sunlight he reflected down to the dragons, no one noticed him at all! "What else could I have expected? I'm just a Pygmy, after all. Of course they wouldn't notice," he thought bitterly. Giving up, he tucked in his wings and dived down to the forest floor, spreading his wings back out at the last minute and landing safely onto the grass. Glancing around, he sighed as he saw the other dragons too occupied with whatever they were doing and contemplated leaving the area...until his eyes gleaming blue eyes caught side of a matured Ember hatchling stuck on the side of a tree, flailing helplessly. He snickered at the sight but immediately felt bad about it because he knew how it felt like to be laughed at. It didn't mean that it he was a complete angel, though. Scampering over, he looked up the tree trunk, the sides of his mouth twitching, eager to stretch out into a grin and just laugh.

"H-hello there," Sunshy managed to say with a considerable effort to refrain from bursting out into laughter, "You look like you're in a fix. Need some help?"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Ria was too busy trying to scrape her claws out of the bark to notice the dimming "sunlight". The claw wouldn't budge. The ember hatchling hissed and continued trying, until a voice from below ((?)) her made her jump.

"Well, at least I got a grip on the tree," she muttered. She turned around as much as she could without hurting her toe, and just stared.

"What does it look like?" Ria's orange scales flared for a moment.

((Pete, wait until you get accepted. It'll take a while.))

user posted image

Sunshy Gold grinned widely up at the Ember, his smile stretching from ear-to-ear.

"Well, it looks like you're stuck up there. I think you should get down," he replied cheekily. Still, he was beginning to feel sorry for the poor hatchling and he sighed, though he was still smirking.

"Alright, alright, I'll help you out. You'll be down in a jiffy." Spreading out his wings, he flew up and hovered beside the Ember. He looked at her up and down until he noticed what the problem was. The silly hatchling's claw was stuck in the tree trunk! He clamped his lips tightly together to refrain from laughing once more and dipped down a little so that he was at eye-level with the stuck claw. If he pulled it out, unless the Ember had a good grip on the tree, it wouldn't hurt the hatchling if she fell to the ground, seeing as she hadn't gotten far in her tree-climbing. Sunshy tried to ignore the embarrassing fact that he could have reached her without needing to fly had he not been a Pygymy and instead, some other larger dragon.

"Okay, this might hurt a little," he warned before reaching over and yanking out the claw fron the tree. Sunshy quickly backed away a little in case she fell; he didn't want to be squished by a hatchling. That would be just even more embarrassing than him being unable to reach the Ember from the ground.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

<OOC:

If you remove the part about the necklace, and fix the pic, I'm sure it'll be accepted.

Sorry to burst your bubble but she didn't actually say you were accepted. You'll have to wait for Silverphoenixx to come along and approve your form first. Don't worry, I'm sure she won't be long, hopefully. happy.gif

Sorry for this pure OOC post, by the way. unsure.gif >

((But things did happen.))

user posted image

Ria yelped as her claw came out. The Ember hatchling scrabbled back onto the tree, panting, before leaping off and landing in grass.

"Thanks." was the only thing Ria could say. She flopped into the grass.

<OOC: Aaah! Sorry for vanishing for a bit there! happy.gif" >

user posted image

"Heh, you're welcome," replied Sunshy Gold, smirking down - or rather, up at the hatchling. The Pygmy just barely managed to suppress an irritated scowl from making an appearance. This hatchling was what, an inch or so taller than him? Even so, it made all the difference.

"I can't believe this," he muttered to himself, swiping an paw over his abashed face, "Am I honestly that small?" Well, if he was, then small wonder he hadn't been accepted into any clans or groups until now. Sunshy hmphed at the thought and looked over at the Ember who had flopped onto the grass.

"Hey, you okay? Don't drop dead on me now," he said, his eyes twinkling with mischief and sarcastic humour evident in his voice. Really though, it would be hilarious if the hatchling had passed out from a mere fall. Then again, it wouldn't be so hilarious if the hatchling had a concussion or something. Sunshy's humoured expression faltered slightly at the thought.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Ria's chest rose and fell slowly. She had fallen asleep from all the excitement of talking to someone and getting stuck in a tree. Her wings twitched a bit.

user posted image

Sunshy Gold grew alarmed when the Ember hatchling did not reply.

"H-hey!" He went over to her, poking her in the side cautiously. That was when he realised that the matured hatchling had, in fact, fallen asleep. Letting out a sigh of relief, he rolled his eyes, flicking his tail in half-annoyance, half-amusement.

"Tired out already, eh? Hatchlings these days..." he muttered, choosing to ignore the fact that he was feeling quite out of it himself. Maybe he should take a quick nap. However, Sunshy glanced over at the other dragons, hesitating. "Well, that so-called 'community' sure didn't last long," he couldn't help thinking. Shrugging to himself, he settled onto the grass beside the Ember, finding the matured hatchling to be quite warm, warm enough that it was making him feel cosy. Smiling to himself, he snuggled against the hatchling, mentally telling himself that it wouldn't hurt to lower down his pride a little and just take a short nap cuddled against a hatchling.

After all, it wasn't like the Ember was going to wake up anytime soon, right?

<OOC: I'm kinda afraid that the RP might officially die if we let our characters sleep, seeing that only two of us are currently active. O.o>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Sorry! I found this again, finally, and I'm baaaaaaaack!!!))

Zeditha shook her head, the light from the sky annoying her eyes. There were so many dragons about now, she couldn't concentrate... The annoydness built up over her calmness, and she flapped her wings to go into the air, but the noise was still there. Shaking her head, she realised that wouldn't get rid of the headache of everyone either, so she roared.

"RRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"

(I don't care how loud Neos roar, she got annoyed by too much noise. xd.png Plus, necklaces. Perhaps hers lets her roar really loud, or something.)

Edited by Zeditha

<OOC: Are you serious? You're serious. laugh.gif I have no idea if the RP will really revive or not but eh, worth a bump.>

user posted image

Sunshy Gold wasn't exactly sure how long he had been asleep but when he was rudely awoken from his slumber by a deafening roar, he was definitely not happy. What was all the commotion about now?

"HEY, keep it down!" he snarled back to whoever had disturbed his sleep for no good reason, equally as loud as the offender, "Some dragons are trying to sleep here, in case you didn't know!" With a huff, he got up, blinking the sleep from his eyes. He was still groggy but now that he was cross, he couldn't really go back to sleep.

"Ugh, forget it, I'm hungry, anyway," Sunshy grumbled to himsel, remembering the songbird he'd failed to caught before meeting that Neotropic-Zeditha! That was right! He'd bumped into a band of dragons who had been trying to form a community! He perked up for a moment before his earlier annoyance returned to him and he just muttered irritably, "Whatever..."

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha smiled, amused now that her anger was gone. She waved her tail. "Sorry, but all the noise annoyed me, and... that happened. Anyway..." She looked around the clearing. "We need to be organised. Everyone, come into the middle of the clearing and let's assign jobs. For now, any new wild dragons will be ignored unless they attack. Jobs are; leader, that's me. Deputy, that's... Who again? Sorry, I completely forgot. Anyway, the other jobs are... Say, let's have another deputy, and then the rest of us are either hunters or fighters. The deputies will be voted for, and everyone chooses for themselves whether they are a hunter or a fighter. Only necklace dragons for Deputy, but wild dragons can choose if they want to join and be a hunter or fighter too. Any dragon who joins our... Pack? Clan? Er... group, will be protected." Realising she was still in the air, Zeditha lowered herself to the ground. "Um... Any questions?"

user posted image

Sunshy Gold looked back at Ria, who was still asleep, before he scampered a little closer to where Zeditha was - or as close as one could get to a dragon in mid-air from the ground. He listened as she rattled off jobs and assignments before finding a tiny hole in the ground, in which he promptly began to widen idly with a claw. At the mention of hunter, he immediately looked up, his wings twitching upwards, though he was slightly startled to suddenly find the Neotropical on the ground now.

"I can hunt!" he offered, waving a paw in the air. "So I guess I'll be a hunter," grinned Sunshy. Then he tapped his chin thoughtfully. Zeditha had mentioned a deputy role too, albeit for the dragons who had necklaces only. "That's a weird criteria. Ugh, who knows how females think." Sunshy didn't really want to be a deputy but he shook his paw up high again anyway.

"Soooo if I make a necklace, can I be a deputy?" he asked, a cheeky smile tugging on his lips.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Zeditha smiled at the little pygmy. "Sorry, but no. The necklaces are magical, which is why you need one to be deputy. Also, I don't think all of us would listen to a wild dragon, and a deputy must be listened to." She chuckled at the thought of such a small dragon being deputy. "But yes, you can be a hunter if you'd like. You'll probably need to have some kind of beacon, so that you can ask for help if you kill something big like a deer... How would we do that?" She tapped her tail on the ground thoughtfully.