Drakonspite

Heraldic Tales

user posted image

"Okay!" Derrick yelled. He ran into the room and immediately tripped. He landed right in front of Jiiva."HI!" He got up."I'm derrick. What's your name?"

user posted image

"Okay then... Bye Jiiva! I'll see you at the something-tree later!" Alique failed to notice the forest-green hatchling who had almost flattened her, and trotted happily out of the room. Wasn't I sent to go do something? Unk and larchment? Nah, that can't be it... I don't even know what those are... They do sound familiar though... Almost as familiar as ink and parchment... Brail sends me to get that almost every day... Brail says things that sound familiar... Like rats! He thinks everything's a rat. Alique continued to remember things that sounded familiar, though, many of her thoughts revolved around ink, parchment, rats, and, of course, Brail. It continued for a while, with the young black dragon wandering around hallways with little to no purpose, until something rang in ridiculously short-term memory. Ink and parchment... Ink and parchment... Fetch me more ink and parchment from the... From the storage room? Fetch me more ink and parchment from the storage room!" Suddenly having gained an objective, all the fog shrouding Alique cleared. She dashed to the storage room, a place she was familiar with, and grabbed as much of the named supplies as she could.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

"You look like a newbie, which means I, of all people, must introduce you to everyone."

Both heads blinked and the left head nodded quickly, staying quiet as the Guardian Dragon continued. The right head glanced at the other hatchling that had bounded into the conversation and the Warrior trainer introduced him as Derrick. The trainer's own name was Scorpion, which the left head thought that such a name worked perfectly for a dragon with a huge weapon on the end of their tale. The teasing sentence made the left head smile lightly, while the right head seemed to ignore it.

The Gilded Bloodscale followed the larger dragon as she walked out of the crowded room, swishing their tail behind then. The left head's smile got a little larger as the trainer mentioned another dragon, Jiiva, and how he was nice. The right head payed more attention when she spoke about strength and she'd make them stronger.

Both heads didn't say anything when Derrick started to poke the trainers tail weapon, but the right head did grumble a little when the Guardian Dragon went silent for the rest of the walk. The left head glanced at the other hatchling with a small, worried smile, but didn't want to break the silence.

When the Warrior trainer showed them into another room, this one with targets scattered about, both heads looked around in opposite directions. The right head was scanning the area, while the left head focused on the hatchling attacking the targets. He supposed that the dragon was Jiiva, but wasn't too sure until the trainer started to speak.

Before either of them could speak or ask any questions, another hatchling, a black one, had gotten into the area and that sparked a short scene. The right head made sure to back up a few steps to not get in the way, while the left head looked at all of the new dragons he was going to be friends with.

Once the black hatchling was gone, the right head spoke up.

"I like the idea of getting stronger and better at protecting myself, but does another hatchling," He glanced at Jiiva, "know how to teach as well as yoursel-"

The left head slapped a clawed hand over his others mouth, effectively startling him into silence.

"Oh, don't mind him, brother is rather rude." He turned his gaze on Jiiva, a smile on his face. "We'll be happy to learn under your teaching. I am Glen, and this is Glen. It's a pleasure to meet you."

With those words, the left head tried to bow, which was made a little awkward with the right head not going with the action.

user posted image

"Fly across the ocean?!" she exclaimed. "That's dumb. I'm sorry Sepisc, but that really is. If you want to trick him, well, that's better, but it's still kinda stupid." Keszpik shot her a glare, but Luxiphere shrugged it off. "What, it is. If you really want to go somewhere without getting caught, don't lie or take the long way, tell the truth under a mask. We just need to say we're going for important reasons, and we are; no need to exaggerate. When someone asks where we are, the Magi will say, "They left for important stuff. I know because Sepisc was there." right? I mean, you are coming?" She looked up at Sepisc with huge eyes. "It could work," Keszpik commented, "especially if you come. You're one of the most well respected dragons here. No one would question it." Luxiphere nodded enthusiasticly. "See? You have the Keszpik seal of approval. That just proves how well this could go if you came. Plus, what would happen if I got hurt again. You saved me, Sepisc!" The little Sunsong really, really wanted Sepisc to come along. Though, part of it was because she didn't want to fly over the ocean. A polar ocean, at that.

user posted image

He watched Alique wander off with a sigh. Jiiva loved that awkward little Black. Unfortunately, he also loved the sweet demeanor of Somniall. He let out a slightly distressed growl as his confusion boiled withing him. Only the happy greetings of younger hatchlings brought him back to reality. "I'm derrick. What's your name?" He cocked his head, for a moment forgetting about where he was, but quickly remembered when the other hatchling came up and introduced itself. "Hmm? Oh, oh yes! Sorry, I'm Jiiva. Glad to have you. You're both, um, big, I guess," he said with an awkward smile. "No, I'm small," he thought. "Well, anyways, you'll like it here. Sorpion is nice, she really is once you get to know her. Much better than Brail or Vorgi. Sepisc is nice, too, but I doubt either of you can heal so this is the best it gets." Jiiva turned and gestured to the entire room with his tail. "If you couldn't guess, this is the training room. We have targets, climbing walls, and yes, even a tiny pool. But according to Scorpion, "It is not for relaxing in." I'd listen to her. I mean, her tail, is... well, intimidating to say the least. But I'm sure you'll be fine! Just do what she says and you'll have more fun than it sounds like."

user posted image

"No, no. There's a much simpler answer: Vorgi. Her magic is much greater than Owain's; she will help. Simply state that you're about to start a mission to gather information about Fable. As for me... I believe I have the strength to teleport myself, at least." With a grim smile, he vanished, only to appear a short distance away. Sepisc was obviously worn from the small amount of teleportation, however. His magic centered around healing, and while defensive magic was considered support magic, therefore under his range, teleportation was more suited to offensive magic-users. Hiding his exhaustion the best he could, he slowly staggered back to the duo of hatchlings and tilted his head to one side, silently asking for their opinion.

user posted image

Back at the Tactician's Room, Alique was panting at the door, a pile of mapping supplies levitating behind her. "Mr. Brail, I got what you wanted!" Without a second word, the Black hatchling dropped the supplies, resulting in a few spilled bottles of ink. No sooner had that happened than Alique collapsed on the floor, worn from excessive use of magic.

((Short post is short... Forgive me, please...))

user posted image

Keszpik blinked, drawing in a breath sharply. The simple mention of that horrendous Nebula's name had filled him with a new wave of rage. An image of Luxiphere having her throat ripped out flashed through his head. His numbness returned and his face turned back to its blank canvas state. "That is unwise," he said in a hollow voice. "Vorgi is an incompetent fool. She wouldn't aid a dragon if they were dying." Luxiphere—who despite the vivid memory was still bright and alive—gave him a look of mixed fear, anger, and disappointment. There were obvious reasons why she was feeling this way, especially toward Keszpik's remark about dying, but he would have time to worry about that later, or better yet, never. All he cared about was avoiding Vorgi at all costs if at all possible. He had heard her comment about killing him. Of course, he had not really heeded her words at the time since he had always planned on killing her, regardless of alliance, but obviously they mattered now. Keszpik was skeptical that a Nebula could have better teleportation powers than a Magi, but even if Vorgi could somehow transport them it would be so easy to dump them in a lake. Or in space. Or the Death Jungle. The list went on. At least they could trust Owain, who was just about the opposite of nosy or exciting. Luxiphere's plan sounded quite solid. He didn't really believe Sepisc could successfully teleport, anyways. His legs were stiff and determined, but his eyes were worn. "No," Keszpik concluded flatly.

user posted image

"No." Luxiphere's friend's voice was cold and stern. The idea of imploring Vorgi was unappealing to her as well, but he didn't have to be so rude. "Try the word tact out for a change," she muttered exasperatedly. She could tell Keszpik was all riled up again after the Nebula's mention, and she wasn't looking forward to the new side of him that popped out so annoyingly often. It reminded her of a man she had heard of in a human note saved from Earth. He too envisioned a new, perfect world, and disliked emotions. What was his name? Something with a C. "I'll never remember now," Luxiphere thought with a huff.

"I think Keszpik's right," she said, "whether or not he was rude illustrating his opinion. We'd be lucky if our deaths were quick and painless! I'm also not seeing why she is better than Owain. His job is to teleport. If Nebulae were better, we would have a Nebula on duty, wouldn't we? Not a Magi." Luxiphere peered over Sepisc's shoulder at a nonchalant looking Owain. His frills were slightly cocked as he half listened to them talk, but it was easy to see he wasn't really paying attention. He shifted a little when his name was mentioned, but settled just as fast. Yes: this was the dragon she trusted with her life. Not the one who had literally watched her dying.

((Seriously, how is Vorgi better at teleporting than a Magi? And how do Whites teleport? I know DC says all dragons have various magic abilities, but you have to think how far the site has come since those were written.))

Edited by Psycho Cat

((Sepisc doesn't really think Vorgi's better. There are other reasons behind it. And he can't really teleport, his abilities are next to useless. Any more than five meters and he'll probably faint.))

user posted image

The old White dragon blinked, realizing all the mistakes in what he said. Gasping for breath, he began apologizing for his habit-driven mistakes. "I-I'm sorry. Something overtook me there. But it probably isn't a good idea to simply ask Owain to teleport us. A ruse, maybe." After all these years, I'm still turning to her for help. After all these years... The elderly healer briefly wondered what would have happened if Keszpik hadn't noticed his mistakes, but quickly banished the thoughts from his mind. He raised his voice, not unnaturally so, but enough to give the impression of anger. "You fool hatchlings! How dare you! If you are not lying about you apparent mission then go! Go and leave! I'll be following you!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

((I'm stuck with Vorgi. Axel and Mockingbird doesn't seem to be coming. tongue.gif))

Del

Del wandered about a bit more. He stumbled into a few teleporters here and there whilst his mind was drifting off to his unknown world. He soon found himself in front of the tacticians room where Brail was teaching the other tacticians. Del joined the group and sat at the tables they were working and started to listen to Brail as if he had been there the whole time. Del was truly a mysterious dragon. Nobody knew what he was thinking about or if he was ever thinking either. Maybe he'd strive for sagehood or maybe he'd become somewhat similar to the village idiot. Del didn't know where he was going with his life. But he also didn't care.

((Whoops! Here I go!))

user posted image

"Mages are to come to the Mage's room in five minutes, it's your choice on wether to learn to defend yourself or die." Axel didn't seem to like that tone of voice that sounded towards him. As the dragon continued to speak, she looked closely at a map of the base. Choosing his path to the mage's room, he began to quickly scuttle towards the room and his trainer.

When he had reached Vorgi, he smiled. "Hello! I'm Axel. Reporting for duty!" He spoke quickly. Turning on his charm, he blinked. "I think you are called Vorgi. Well, Vorgi, you do have very pretty displays of stars on your wings!" Axel curled his tail warmly. He wanted to get this right with his trainer. And being late wasn't good either.

user posted image

"Now let me see your map-" Brail broke off with the sound of crashing glass and bundles of parchment bouncing off the floor. "Alique? Do be much, much more careful! This ink is special and very hard to get. I believe I am needed to go order more later, due to this... Unfortunate accident. Well, Alique. On your feet. Quickly!" Brail snapped the end words as he turned to look at Lady and Gemini.

"Stop with the maps now. You two hurry and get over to this mess! Start sorting through the undamaged bottles of ink and clean parchment. Give me the inky paper and leave the broken glass alone," Brail sighed, irritation in his tom. It was obvious that he was very, very cranky. "And Alique! Stop being so lazy! Hurry up and help them!" Brail gave the order fast, without mercy.

Brail slithered over to the small, thickly lined window and glanced out. "Hurry now! I expect two piles of parchments, rolled up neatly and bottles of ink stacked against the walls and shelved!" he snapped.

Only when Brail turned around had he noticed Del. "For all the ice in Menap, why are you here? And why are you just standing there like a gawking flamingo dragon? Up onto your paws and work!" Brail's anger towards the nebula came back to him, from the start when he had called the silver a snake. Sure he moved like one and looked like one, but that truly got on the male's nerves.

Edited by Tiga

Del

Del shook his head as he was abruptly brought back down to earth. Del went over to the pile of ink and parchments and studied them for a while. Del then soon got to work on sorting out ink, parchments and inky parchments. He worked surprisingly fast all the while drifting off in his head.

Vorgi

"Glad to see you've both turned up." Vorgi said to the two hatchlings. "It seems we're lacking in the number of hatchlings in the magic department. No matter, we must get started. Those that are late can join later. Five minutes isn't up yet so if they come in within the time limit, they will not receive punishment. Anyway, let's start the lesson. All magic must come from a power source. To use that power, one must also have a method to channel that source. For example, the starry pattern on my wings are a beacon for stellar energy. There are many varieties of stellar energy for various magic, but I mostly use Spica, from Virgo." Vorgi gathered up stellar energy into her wings and concentrated. She then released penetrating light into the wall, leaving a considerably large hole, almost as soon as the hole was made, the debris on the ground rebuilt itself, fixing the wall. "Fixing magic was cast on these walls so there are no limitations. To become stronger with magic, you must first understand it. Feel the flow of your magic and tell me, where does your magic come from?"

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

Glen nodded at Jiiva's words, both heads synchronizing their movements. The left head took a quick look around before turning his gaze back on the other hatchling, but the right head spoke up before him.

"Like I've said, I do want to get stronger. However, why is all this here?" He narrowed his eyes. "Why is there a reason for you being here and what are we exactly being trained for?"

The left head scoffed at his others words and shook his head, speaking quickly.

"Brother, we are being offered a chance for something that you want. Really, is there any reason to know why?" He tilted his head, slightly narrowed gaze on the right head. "Why we are here or why we are 'Warriors' isn't too important, is it?"

The right head opened his mouth to argue and give logical reasons against blindly following strange adults around, but the left head was already turning his attention to Jiiva and the other Warrior hatchlings. He wore a smile on his face and spoke.

"Don't mind our bickering. Anyway, what are we going to do first?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

"Mages are to come to the Mage's room in five minutes, it's your choice on whether to learn to defend yourself or die."

Dimakus didn't process the call for a minute, his eyes closed and mind organizing the events around him. He was in the lounge, curled like a cat next to the fire. The other hatchlings milling around him hadn't tried to interact, since he did look like he was asleep, and the Magi had been left to his thoughts for awhile.

Once the words ran through his head, Dimakus blinked his eyes open and twisted his head around, seeking the speaker. He was a Mage, though he only knew that information by the fact that a stranger had told him. His mind was feeling vaguely empty and the Magi could not visualize what had happened to him before meeting that strange dragon.

Of course, he knew the basics. That strange adult had drilled him to make sure that he knew what dragons were and that there was a war going on, as well as the fact that he was on the rebels side. Why he was here and why he could not, for the life of him, remember his own personal life beforehand was something that the adult had 'forgotten' to inform him.

Not knowing anything allows me to be used, especially if these 'rebels' are not who they are. They can take advantage of me, but what choice do I have?

Hauling himself to his feet, swishing his tail behind him, Dimakus blinked as his eyes swept around the room. A map stuck to one of the walls caught his gaze and the Magi hatchling strolled over to it, half of his mind still on other thoughts. Scanning it quickly, Dimakus pinpointed the Mage training room and trotted out of the lounge, avoiding the other hatchlings in the room. He pushed all thoughts of other things out of his brain and concentrated on the route.

The Magi found the entrance after a short time and poked his head in, catching sight of a large red Nebula. He heard the last part of its words and slipped into the room, casting a quick gaze over the two other hatchlings before concentrating on the adult dragon.

"--stronger with magic, you must first understand it. Feel the flow of your magic and tell me, where does your magic come from?"

Dimakus didn't give an answer, since he first needed confirmation that he was supposed to be there. While this was supposed to be the Mage's training room and he suspected from the talk that the Nebula was someone who knew magic, there was always room for error.

user posted image

For a moment Keszpik's still empty eyes just blinked. He looked a little confused, and Luxiphere couldn't tell why. One moment he had been steaming, the next calm and collected, then blank, and now this. He pawed his head restlessly but didn't budge. Was he not getting the situation and wondered why his role model was angry? Or was it something deeper? Keszpik shook his head in what seemed like frustration, but he seemed not to even notice the Sunsong who was now resorting to pushing the hatchling. "Come on, Keszpik," she muttered, "We have to go now." By this time the teleportation Magi was looking at them with a raised eyebrow, and she had to admit he had his rights. A calm White fuming, a Thunder acting like a newly hatched, and a Sunsong throwing it all together. But he still got up and created the portal. A small orange circle dotted the ground and then grew, and grew, and grew until a small Hellfire could fit in. Of course, lithe Luxiphere and even the bigger Keszpik hardly needed this much room, but Owain was likely thinking of Sepisc. His fake spiel had likely given the impression that he was following, and he probably was, but she was too focused on trying to push Keszpik to know or care. With one last heave she shoved him in, and he immediately disappeared. "And you're sure this is okay?" Asked the Magi one last time. Luxiphere nodded determinedly, and then, taking a deep breath, jumped in herself.

It was odd, being lost in nothing. It lasted less than a second, but it felt like a year. With what seemed like infinite darkness and light fighting around her, her scales did some sort of miraculous trick. But she wasn't there long enough to see the effect. She only knew it had been amazing, and was sorry she had missed it.

She landed with an 'oomph' squarly on top of Keszpik, who was muttering some odd, unintelligible word. It felt like the wind had been knocked out of her, and the ill tempered Thunder underneath her wasn't helping. "Get off!" He roared. "If I wanted to be crushed I'd have perched myself beneath a Terrae!" "Glad to have you back," she muttered with a roll of her eyes.

user posted image

"You fool hatchlings! How dare you!" The phrase, although clearly acted out, had stopped Keszpik's heart for a moment. That phrase was uncannily similar to something else he had heard. Something deep in his mind, enshrouded by the fog laid down when his memory was erased. But now, here, it had been brought back. "You fool hatchling! Why would you tell them?!" The words confused and befuddled him. Suddenly everything around him went blank. His only purpose now was to find the meaning of that single phrase. Something pressed into him, but he didn't move. These words, what significance did they hold? A member of Heraldic, punishing him by taking him away? Something he had heard in a conversation between two strangers? He gritted his teeth in agony. He hated this. It was tedious and frustrating. At this point he wanted nothing but to wake up. Tears threatened him. The pushing feeling was stronger, and suddenly he was falling.

Falling. He opened his eyes. He was... nowhere? Above him something brilliant shone, and beneath him was a speck. It was dark blue, like him, but he hadn't the slightest what it was. He wanted to reach out and touch it. It felt so real to the lost Keszpik. But before he could twitch it was over.

He landed on something hard. It was dirt. Not snow; dirt. He got up and shook his head, when suddenly a revelation dawned on him. "Ketrabbot Aszpick!" He yelled triumphantly. "Ketrabbot Aszpick, that's who said the words," he thought. And then Luxiphere landed on him.

user posted image

He shrugged. "Anything," Jiiva said nonchalantly. "On the first day Scorpion let's you do whatever you want so you can get used to the gym. I read all the books on my first day. Even something about which plants are edible and which are poisonous can bring with it some entertainment." Naturally, survival books more often than not brought with them no entertainment, but Jiiva loved to read so much he was hardly fazed by this. One book in particular, "Armor and how to Handle It," had piqued his interest so much he had memorized it. His Trainer had been especially pleased, but it was useless as the Fleshcrowne was too frail to wear a measly helmet.

user posted image

Lady nodded. "Yes sir!" She said eagerly. The Soulpeace ran off to go help her fellow trainee-mate. She ran in and blinked. "what do I do?"

user posted image

Alique nodded cheerfully, content with knot being scolded. Besides, not thatmany pots of ink had spilled. The murky black liquid was barely visible. The task didn't seem bad either. It was tedious, yes, but tedious things often featured repeated motions, which were simple enough. Immediately, the tactician set to work, pushing scrolls away from the mess and leaving them in a pile away from the ink. She was right- barely any ink had spilled out of their containers. There were only a few drops on the ground, and even less parchment had been ruined. She turned to face Brail, leaving the little that was left to the others.

"I'm done, Mr. Brail! Bye now!" Again, she left without waiting for a response, her wobbly steps making soft thudding noises that echoes through the hallways. Her wings fluttered, wanting to be used again, but Alique barely noticed. She was an older hatchling, quickly maturing, yet her mind seemed to be stuck where it was when she was recruited for Heraldic. Though most passed it off as the little black's personality simply being dreamy and naive, the more likely explanation was that the brainwashing had damaged her mind. After, all, her magic, which should have been some of the best, was barely existent.

Alique continued walking cloudily out to the front of the base she was in, stopping to take a breath when the fresh air swept over her snout. It was incredibly relaxing. Frayed grass brushed by her ankles, which slowly grew damper until it became wet. This was the grass growing at the edge of a slow moving river, where some water was underground. Every step was accompanied by a strange squelching noise, which to some would sound mildly sickening.

The tree grew closer as the hatchling approached it, until it was a majestic willow, thrice as tall as any dragon. Alique settled herself by the marshy roots, and listened to the churning river as she waited for Jiiva. Bees buzzed around her, leaving a peaceful background music. For once in her life, she was able to think, to truly think. For once in her life, Alique was able to reflect on herself, on Heraldic, on the world.

user posted image

Sepisc landed with a slight grunt. The fall hadn't been far, but it still hurt. Weakly pushing himself up, he surveyed the two hatchlings by him. Though Keszpik was being squashed by Luxiphere, neither looked worse for the wear. Both looked fine to begin the trek to Fable. Sepisc winced as he took a step, then cleared his throat. "Are you ready to go?" His voice was hoarse and tired, clearly not ready to continue, but he pushed on. "Hopefully, no Heraldists will notice our disappearances until we make it to Fable and enlist. That would be problematic..."

Edited by KoalaNoob

((Hi guys, new girl here!! Dragon's name is Daeris. If I'm in the wrong area, someone please let me know!))

user posted image

Daeris scurried about the hallways, her tail wavering behind her. She was still quite new, and she heard the Warrior Trainer's voice echo throughout the halls, startling her into a sprint. She knew she was to be heading to the training room, so the Brute hatchling scurried towards it.

She stumbled in, scared of what Scorpion, the trainer, was going to say. However, it seemed the other Warriors were already starting. Perhaps she wouldn't have to hear her new Trainer's wrath. She had gotten an earful just from the hallway outside. Daeris looked at the other hatchlings. "Um... h-... hello!" she said shyly. Such a shy greeting from a fierce looking and large hatchling, it must have been laughable. "My name's Daeris... I'm pretty sure I'm late," she added, a smile crossing her face.

((I'm sorry, you need to PM a mod for acceptance or at the very least post in the OoC before coming in.))

((I got acceptance from Drakonspite, sent in my form to them and they accepted me. I will go post in the OOC though, sorry!))

((You were accepted? I didn't see DS add the sheet. That should've been a priority for her so this didn't happen *frustrated mod feels frustrated*))

user posted image

"I could care less if they found out," Luxiphere said. "Last time Eliza and I ran off they found out and look what happened!" She chuckled wryly, ridiculously inappropriate for the current situation but all she could do to keep the mood light. Keszpik seemed to have come a little bit closer to his senses, but a look of deep thought still creased his face. "Ketrabbot Aszpick," he mumbled, "so close to Keszpik. But what is the significance of the name? Gibberish? The name of a relative?" Her eyes glittered in sympathy. Luxiphere knew how much Keszpik liked to be right, and for him this must've been incredibly frustrating. Oddly, the name rang a bell though. How peculiar, that such a random name was familiar to her. She took one look a her friend's befuddled face and decided it was best for her not to dwell on it, though.

user posted image

She looked at the new hatcling. Scorpion rolled her eyes. The wave of new hatchlings seemed endless. Thank goodness she had Jiiva, because albeit he was a nuisance, he had the experience to help lighten the load of the newcomers. "You are, in case you were wondering," she growled. "I suppose everyone was, but at least they came consistently. It takes a special kind of annoying to be this tardy." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her massive tail swished from side to side, and her muscles tensed. This was too much stress. She hated this job. She hated Heraldic, really. It was pointless and in the big picture just a bunch a cat fights over the type of government. Luckily for them she stayed because she hated the council even more. She would bash Lotus's head in the moment she got the chance. But she didn't have the chance. She probably never would. Instead she found herself stuck looking down at a hatchling with terrible punctuality and surrounded by a bunch of dopes. "This isn't the life I deserve," Scorpion grumbled.

user posted image

"You are, in case you were wondering."

Daeris shrunk down in shame, not looking at her Trainer. She was already guilty enough, having been a new arrival. She honestly had gotten lost, as she had no friends to help direct her to her training. Thankfully, she was not being insulted.

"It takes a special kind of annoying to be this tardy."

The Brute hatchling snarled silently, not taking fondly to being berated for her accidental tardiness. Her eyes lit up in anger, and her muscles quivered. She refused to break eye contact with her trainer. Though she was much smaller than the Guardian dragon before her, Daeris tensed her muscles, her eyes glaring up at her. The tiny Brute stood her ground. "That isn't very respectful to say of a new student, especially one who lost her way," she growled through tightly gritted teeth.

Edited by Corvidae

user posted image

"Sugar, look, if you're trying to intimidate me into liking and forgiving you you're trying that tactic on the wrong dragon," Scorpion said flatly. "I've been through more things in a month than you'll ever be in ten lifetimes. I know the tricks, I know the quotes, and trust me, I'm at a loss of pity. Now, if you're over your moment of drama I can introduce you to the area." She cleared her throat and gestured the entire room with her tail. "That's the climbing wall," she said, pointing to the back wall. It was covered in bumps and ledges. "..and that's the fighting areana." She flicked her head at a bunch of dummies being assaulted by the other hatchlings. "Lastly, that would be the pool. And before you take a dip, remember I'm watching you." Scorpion winked as she lay down on the floor. Her limbs sprawled out and she yawned, revealing many teeth worn blunt from countless battles. She was too old to fight now. She reminisced about the old times, when she practiced with her former Warrior Trainer. He was a rather big Ember, with questionable tactics. Swatting his students with relentless blows. But she loved that old crow, even if he was an abusive jerk. She still vividly remembered the day he went MIA. How she cried. Oh how that poor little hatchling cried. But she was all grown up now, just a ferocious as the elder dragon.

user posted image

Daeris snorted, a small cloud of black smoke exited her nostrils. The Guardian still had no place to insult her. She stood rigid as the Guardian showed her around, swinging her tail about as she described each area.

Frustrated that her morning got off to a bad start, Daeris wandered off to the climbing wall first, alone, looking up at it with determination. The tiny Brute wiggled her hindquarters as she pounced onto the lower part of the wall... and fell back down. "I lost my grip," she growled at herself. "Maybe I should take this a little at a time," she said to herself encouragingly.

Another attempt, this time hooking her claws onto the first edge she could find. Hanging limply, Daeris swung her hind legs up and onto another lower ledge; she was finally off the ground. She wasn't very far off the ground, but it was a start.

Vorgi

Vorgi quickly noticed the hatchling that had just joined the lesson. "Glad to see you've decided to join us, I do not have to repeat myself do I?" She asked. "Dimaskus, isn't it?" Vorgi studied the thin hatchling. He looked weak and vulnerable and even though Vorgi kept reminding herself that she shouldn't uderestimate anyone, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the hatchling. Not waiting for an answer from the Magi hatchling Vorgi turned around and repeated her question. "Where does your magic come from?"

Eclipse

Eclipse wasn't sure if what she had in her head was the right answer, but she decided to speak up anyway. "Excuse me, ma'am? I think my magic comes from the very essence of Menap..."

Vorgi

"Ah very good. There are advantages and disadvantages for that. If you are able to harness you abilities, you'll know Menap like the back of your hand. If you reach the centre of Menap, there is a minute possibility you could plunge the world into what we may call an Age of Ice. With enough practise of course. However, this also means your power becomes weaker the further away you are from Menap. Your powers may completely disappear if you reach the polar opposite of Menap." Vorgi turned around to look at the other hatchlings. "Anyone else?"

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

For a moment, Sepisc considered the name Keszpik had spoken so strangely, at such an odd time. "Could that perhaps be your name? The beginning of your name is like the beginning of Ketrabbot, and the end of you name is like the beginning of Aszpik. Perhaps you once had two names, and they were fused at some point in your life?" Sepisc himself couldn't imagine when that could have happened, though the logical answer would have been during brainwashing. "I highly doubt it's gibberish, though. Things like this always have a meaning; otherwise they wouldn't exist. Things that mean nothing don't just appear in once's mind."

user posted image

Glen nodded at Jiiva's words, the right head grudging listening without speaking. Before either of them could say anything else, another dragon came into the chamber and the left head smiled at the Brute hatchling. The right head backed their shared body up a bit as the Guardian Dragon and newcomer--Daeris--had a tense conversation. When the conversation was done and Daeris moved off to the rock wall, Glen turned both of his heads around to survey the area.

"The arena, pool, and wall..." The right head mumbled to himself, gaze flickering past each area. Flicking their tail, the left head raised himself a little higher and then settled his gaze on the Brute hatchling that was at the rock wall.

"Over there, brother? We can talk to Daeris and climbing something might be fun." The left head glanced at his brother, who was more focused on the arena. Without waiting for an answer, the left head started to stride over to the rock wall. That got the right heads attentions and he snapped his gaze to the other head, digging his own claws into the ground and trying to come to a standstill.

"Brother, stop being so anti-social. Talking to another of our size won't kill you and you'll enjoy it."

"Going to the arena would be a better idea than jumping around on rocks and you know it."

"No, I don't. If you don't talk to someone, then no one will talk to you. I can't have a brother who will glare at everyone I want to interact with. So stop being so grumpy and lets go have fun."

That being said, the left head pulled himself to the wall and the right head, after a moment of being dragged, went with him with a small sigh. Their path didn't take long and both heads turned their gaze to the Brute hatchling. Glen watched the attempt at climbing and then the left head spoke up.

"Maybe you could use your tail as another limb?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

The Magi hatchling gave a small nod as the Nebula confirmed his identity and that this was the Mage training room. The question was repeated and Dimakus gave a small glance to the Solstice hatchling that answered. The words of the red Nebula made the Magi really look at the small dragon, taking note of the fact that its powers were based on Menap itself.

Having that much power as a supply in this continent is rather...baffling. The magic in this area is based all on the inhabitants, but it shrinks the farther away they are. If they ever decide to leave for good, then they cut the magic in them off.

Flicking the tip of his tail against the ground and turning his attention on the red Nebula, Dimakus shifted through his thoughts for his own answer. Raising his head, the Magi spoke confidently.

"My own magic stems from my will and my body."

Even with most of his memories and knowledge gone, Dimakus felt that his answer was correct. The fact that he hasn't practiced or tried anything yet didn't hinder him; he knew that, as a Magi, he was known as a strong magic user. Unlike the blue hatchling, he was not a native here and did not draw any power from this continent. As such, he used his own mind and flow of his body to stimulate the magic in him and thus direct it to do his bidding.