Drakonspite

Heraldic Tales

((Loth, I think you should use the proper stage for your dragon. The Soulpeace is a newborn, so she'd have the s1 sprite.))

user posted image

Finally back at Heraldic. The trip back had taken a while, but not as long as Sepisc anticipated. Though the extra magic had tired him, it was worth it. He hadn't had to deal with either of the hatchlings he found. They were now somewhere out in Paradice, albeit close to base. No more work today. Eliza has probably found Somnial. Keszpik was probably taking care of Luxiphere. If those hatchlings turn up, I'll dump them on Brail...

((Short post is short :/))

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

"Hello there," she spoke softly to the hatchling. "My name's Mockingbird. That white dragon you just saw is Sepisc. We're not going to hurt you, but you should just come with me so I can take you back to Heraldic. When we get there I'll tell you what's going on."

Edited by gloryKAT

user posted image

Keszpik casually waltzed in as if nothing was wrong. The effects of his earlier spiel with Sepisc had worn off, and his face had once more taken on a blank look, his tone now desolate and empty. "Eliza? No, never mind. Anyone stupid enough to get frozen while jumping on ice floes is too stupid to be of any real assistance. Somniall? Somniall, where are you?" He looked up only to realize the Daydream was already in the lobby, staring at him with wide, hopeful eyes. It then dawned on Keszpik that he would have a hard, awkward time explaining his new rejecting state. Love was only another useless emotion that would slow him down. "Somniall," he commanded, "Luxiphere is in severe danger. Fix her up or... something. I don't know, just make it so I don't have to look at her anymore." He turned without waiting for a response, heading down to the Tactician's room. He'd been gone for two weeks, and he imagined there'd be a lot of catching up to do. That reminded him of something. What was it? "Oh yes!" He thought. "The map! How am I such an imbecile to lose all my work? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter now. I didn't plan on giving it to Heraldic anymore, anyways." Keszpik padded down the halls, looking for the familiar, square room he was ever so bored of. And then he saw it: a glimpse of smooth, grey fur. Exactly what he needed.

user posted image

She could feel her breathing become more and more rapid, and Luxiphere was genuinely fearing death at this point. The change in temperature had been a great help, yes, but she had a feeling that it had sent her into mild shock. She heard Keszpik say something that took on an insulting tone, but she was too disoriented to fully comprehend it and the words slurred together. "...danger...don't have to look at...anymore..." Suddenly a rapid shiver sent her into a spasm and she couldn't help but let out a shriek of terror. "Help!" she cried. "Help me! Someone!" A small set of paws held her down gently, but firmly. "Shhh...help you..." she could hear, "...I'm here..." I'm here. The words played over and over again in her head. They were so familiar, so soothing. "I'm here, I won't let you die. I'm here, tiny star. The council can't get you here. I'll be with you. Always with you..." "M-mother?" She whimpered.

user posted image

"Oh no, oh no, oh nooo!" Somniall cried in dismay. She had talked to Luxiphere like everything was going to be all right, but every instinct in her told the Healer that nothing was all right. The hatchling, who had stopped shivering and was now in a fitful sleep, was murmuring quietly to herself in quick, worried phrases. And poor Somniall, who was the youngest healer in HQ, had no idea if this was a good thing, a bad thing, or if it was a personal experience the Sunsong was having. Every time a hatchling had come in with hypothermia she got too stressed to do anything and called in Sepisc right away, and so she never learned a whole lot. "Well, she's cold," Somniall thought, "do I need to warm her? Or would that make things worse?" She buried her head in her cloud, ready to brake into tears. Was her good friend Luxiphere really going to die, and if so, would it be her fault!? But just then, the chubby Harvest hatchling from earlier waddled up. A bandage was wrapped around his eye, but his good eye was focused on Luxiphere's limp shape. He slowly walked up, and, without looking at Somniall, muttered, "I've seen this before." He got on the Sunsong and started rubbing her with his pads, licking her as well. She watching amazement as slowly the color of life returned to the hatchling's clammy skin. Quickly she jumped down and joined in.

user posted image

As he pushed the exasperating Nebula in front of him harshly, Brail heard footsteps behind him. "If you could not see, I. Am. Busy!" He snarled. However, as he readied his claws to slash whoever had crossed his path, who else but Keszpik would be staring up at him. "I love you too, Brail," he said, eyes narrowing. The comment was sarcastic, but the Tactician's tone was oddly flat. Something was... off about Keszpik. His eyes were two blank, yellow spheres that seemed more like black holes, unable to be filled no matter how much they sucked in. It creeped Brail out a little, and he didn't feel like dealing with him right then. So instead, he shoved Del towards the hatchling. "Here, little rat. If you like to dream so much, maybe you can put some of your dreams into his empty head and turn him from a rock back into a dragon." He sneered at the two, triumphant and satisfied: he had dealt with two problems and made them into none!

user posted image

Alique sniffed, clearly offended by being ignored by Brail. She cleared her throat rather forcefully, then prodded the Silver dragon in front of her. "Brail, I finished the battle strategy you asked for." She was pouting now, showing a childish side of herself she usually kept hidden. "But if you'd rather talk about little rats, go ahead!" Little rats? Could they be little rats, as in rats that are small, young rats, or rats that have been shrunken through some chemical reaction or magic?... Returning to her clueless air, Alique began daydreaming about rats and how they could be shrunk. In the end, her memory bore no results, and she turned to Brail. When you were talking about 'little rats' what did you mean? Were they rats that are normally small, or a rat that became small after magic or some chemical reaction? Are they important to the war?"

Alique was not afraid of Brail yelling at her for being incredibly off-topic. She wasn't afraid of him being mad because she was interrupting him at a bad time. She simply wasn't aware of how the grouchy the Silver was until she caught the grumpy look on his face. In an attempt to patch it up, she added, "Oh, and I have a map thingy of the strategy as well."

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

The Soulpeace looked up. "It's cold here. Mockingbird, what's Heraldic?" The newborn stood up and stumbled around toward the other dragon. It wanted to go somewhere safe. Somewhere she can be around others.

user posted image

"Well, began Mockingbird. She began to walk along towards the Heraldic headquarters, gesturing quietly with her wing for the younger dragon to follow. "Heraldic is a group of rebels, going up against some big, evil dragons who apparently did something or took something over. They need us to help them when we grow up or whatever, so that's why we're being trained. There's a few different classes of dragons, and I'm a mage." Mockingbird finishes, looking forward again.

Edited by gloryKAT

user posted image

"A Mage? What other classes are there?" Asked the forever curious newborn. It stumbled after Mockingbird and looked around. "Could I be trained?"

user posted image

"Besides mages, there are healers, warriors and tacticians. And I'm sure you can be trained, as long as you're up to it." Mockingbird answered.

Edited by gloryKAT

user posted image

"From what I know, tacticians conduct battles. I'm pretty sure that they also decide what to do in battles, but if a tactician makes even the smallest mistake, then it can result in losing the battle."

She glanced back at the base, which was now approaching rapidly.

Edited by gloryKAT

user posted image

"I like that! I can be precise.... When I'm trained." The Soulpeace have a big smile. She loved the idea of conducting battles and guiding her soon-to-be friends to safety as well as leading the to conquer and destroy. "When can I start training? Are you in training?" The Soulpeace thought for a second. Maybe she should have a name like Mockingbird did. Names seemed to make perfect since to be able to interact with others. Maybe her name could be Petit? No, to void of personality. She thought about Screech, but that was too....mean. That's when she got a good idea. I will name myself Divine Lady. Lady for short." she thought outloud.

(I need to introduce her ridiculous name soon. Her nickname doesn't come into play till she becomes the goofy drunk.)

Edited by Lothuialel

(If you'd like, I could upload your character sheet whenever you want. Doesn't have to be now but please don't withhold it for too long c:)

user posted image

He looked down at Alique, narrowing his eyes. Brail raised a paw and swatted the hatchling in the side of her head; it was soft enough to not seriously injure her, but forceful enough to give her good reason not to harass the Trainer. "I was getting to that," he growled through gritted teeth, "if you'd just be two ounces more patient." This was great. Now he had three pests clustered around him. Why had he picked this job? It was the most unfitting thing the passive aggressive Silver could possibly be doing. Still, he was stuck with it now. Sadly, there was no turning back. Still, it had it's perks. Anything against the Council he was supportive of. "Stupid Lotus," he grumbled to himself, "ruining a perfectly good thing." Keszpik's head immediately shot up, fixing Brail with a glare. He returned it, but inside he felt puzzled. How had he set the hatchling off. The two studied each other for what seemed like years, before he quickly turned and said to Alique, "Go to the Tactician's room. That's an order, not a request. You wanted my attention? Well, now you've got it."

user posted image

"Yeah, I'm in training. I'm not exactly sure when you're allowed to start training though. It should be soon, though."

She nodded in approval at the Soulpeace's name.

"Sounds like a nice name."

She looked up again, and this time, they were only around a minute away from camp.

user posted image

Lady rushed ahead and started to run toward the base. The Soulpeace was super excited and wanted to hurry there. She didn't really have any thoughts, just an impulse to get thee and start her training now! She was still too young to understand that war was not a game, but a serious problem that could kill her if she wasn't careful.

user posted image

As usual, Alique was completely oblivious. "Okay Brail! Meetcha there!" Turning say, she happily jogged to the room her trainer had ordered her to go to. He never answered my question about the rats! That's sad... This was followed by a long sequence of ideas, some crazier than others. It was quite a while before Alique returned to more normal thoughts. Hm... I wonder how long it'll take Brail to get there? He seems kinda busy, but not that much... I should still have time to meet Jiiva after... If he's there, of course. I hope he is...The Black's musings were cut short as she looked up and found herself completely and utterly lost. She was in a part of base she didn't recognize, with passages leading everywhere. She couldn't fly yet, so escaping via the air wasn't an option. Besides, there were parts of base hat were closed off. I wonder if I'll die here. If I don't, Brail might be upset... I should be at the Tactician room by now...

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

The young Nhiostrife sighed, walking along behind the ecstatic Soulpeace. War must be a game to her, Mockingbird thought. She'll learn soon enough that war is not just a game of tag or whatever. She eventually made her way back into the base, and shook herself off, a few small specks of dust coming off. The Nhiostrife didn't know why she did that for just a few specks of dust, but her scales were always irritated by dust. Maybe she was allergic. She shrugged, probably making herself look like a fool to anyone who didn't know what she was doing. Hmm. Now seems like a good time to catch up on my pranks, she thought, before galloping off in a different direction, hoping to find some new materials to help her complete her latest scheme.

Edited by gloryKAT

user posted image

Alique continued wandering around, getting more lost by the second. By that point, she had figured out that she wasn't getting out of this easily. Her dreamy air had been lost, separated from her partway through her endless wander. Okay, so I have two choices now. Be lost forever, or try to burn the place down. I guess I could try to fly, but eh... I've only succeeded twice... If I fell and nobody found me, I'd be in even more trouble... But I guess I can try to descend if I feel myself losing altitude... With the end of that though, Alique flapped her wings and lofted into the air, using awkward, shaky flaps to stay airborne.

user posted image

Lady blinked looking around the base. It didn't look like a game world. It looked.... Well. She didn't know how to describe it. There were dragons learning to fly, kill, stalk, hunt and more. It looked to be a lot of work. Looks like I hit the opposite of the jackpot. This seems to be a place where they worked, not played. "When do I train? Who will train me? She asked Mockingbird. The Soulpeace turned around.

user posted image

...But she crashed into the ceiling within a dozen wingbeats. Her idea to try and fly might have been a success if she had tried earlier, when she was still outside. But of course, she had gotten lost in thought while being lost in real life, and had just lost one her only chances of escape. Holding back quite nasty curse, she began trotting around the maze of halls and doors, wearing a rather annoyed expression. Brail made me go to some room and now I'm lost and might miss him... Jiiva might be waiting at the willow tree right now and I'll never know because I'm lost... My head hurts from crashing against the darn ceiling... Alique, normally immersed in strange yet happy thoughts, was now in a storm of rage. Yet, she was still in a daydream.

user posted image

Lady grew too excited. She still thought war was a game of tag. Who would ever thought of killing? She smiled and turned tail to run off again. She wanted to see if they could ever find her again. She ran till her lungs felt like they may burst. She was panting heavily and looked around. No one was around. The trees were tall and the area dark. The Soulpeace dipped her head . She wondered around slowly. She was starting to panic, being very young and alone. She turned around and stopped. It was that White dragon from before. She crawled toward him and hid under his legs and burried her face in it. Lady started shivering out of fear.

Edited by Lothuialel

user posted image

Sepisc shuddered and backed away, disgruntled. First off, he had just left base to go on a peaceful, relaxing walk alone. A little Soulpeace was a dragon, one who could think, speak, and move. That took the point away from his stroll. Second, and more importantly, the hatchling had made contact with him. She had made contact with him. The last time someone had come close to doing that was when Sepisc was still young. Under normal circumstances, Sepisc would have tolerated this. Unfortunately for Lady, the circumstances weren't normal. Sepisc was tired, not to mention angry. The usually calm White was completely out of it, his personality had taken a one-eighty. "Hatchling! Don't you dare touch me!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Lady blinked. Why is he so mean. "I got scared." She shuddered, still frightened. She walked closer to him, but did not touch him. She was more afraid of what he would do to her if she had. Lady stood up straighter and looked up at him. She stretched her hind legs slowly, to not startle him, and tried to be at eyes level with him. She lost her balance momentarily and rolled around on her back. A small squeak popped out of her and she thrashed on the ground till she could sit. She looked up at Sepisc again. As though awaiting instructions.

Edited by Lothuialel