Drakonspite

Heraldic Tales

user posted image

Lady chirped angrily. How dare she push her aside like that. "Hey! I'm here to learn too!" She crawled beside the other hatchling and grouchily watched. She wondered what Brail would say about all this. He already made it clear that he didn't care about his trainees.

user posted image

(I think gray is a better color, to read)

What little calm Brail had, he had lost it. He hid his anger not very well, and many could swear that his scales turned a slight shade of red. The silver dragons slithered forward until he was nose to nose. He snorted angrily, eyes narrowed into slits.

"Ungrateful hatchling! Who is teaching you? I am! Show respect for me! Without me, you won't be born. Dragons would of dropped your pathetic little eggs onto the ground, killing you! Your lineage would of been wiped out! I was the one who made the battle plans! Why don't you settle yourself down near the other hatchlings, so they can give you kinder, more nicer words than me! Because, little blue rat, I don't give much compassion. I plan to teach hatchlings, and I don't care how!" Brail rose to his full length. On his hind legs, his blue mane puffed out, he roared. His voice was terrifying, the sound vibranting through the halls.

He turned, crashing his tail into Keszpik, making him fly. Brail examined the map approvingly and gave a curt nod.

"Very nice. Could be neater at the lines and work, but, nevertheless, the plan is good itself. Lady, take new parchment from the shelves. Alique, pour more ink for the new recruit. I will teach her the basics, and Alique, you might as well listen, you can refresh your memory," was Brail actually behind... nice?!

user posted image

Gemini took the lead of the two, not like her right would actually see and walk. She navigated the halls, recognizing small details. Like the flicker in a corner light, or a slight graying patch near the floor. She finally reached the room, where she was taught. Gemini gasped quickly when the roar sounded. Her right head shrunk, nervous and obviously scared.

"Brail? she whispered as she quickly rushed to Keszpik's side. She began to mumble quickly under her breath, telling her right head what had happened. Gemini propped the thunder dragon up, tensing as she expected to be shocked.

Edited by Tiga

user posted image

Lady galloped over to the parchment papers and began to gather as many as she could. She may as we'll work fast if it would keep Brail off her back. Once she got the papers she ran over to the table and laid them out the best she could. "Anything else, sir?" She said quietly.

Edited by Lothuialel

user posted image

"Okay Mr. Trainer." Clearly satisfied, Alique trotted over to the piles of scrolls and began digging around them to find a pot of ink for the Soulpeace newborn. When she found one, she pushed it in front of Lady. Then, she picked up a scroll and placed in front of herself. The half-full pot of ink she had used earlier was next to her, ready to be used. "Oh, and would you like me to make the map neater? I can do that while listening." The question was pointless, however, as the young Black dragon had already began to draw a new plan. It was much neater, though the process was quite slow. As she worked, smooth, solid lines appeared on the paper, neat flourishes ending each stroke. "Oh, and should I change anything about the one I gave you?" This would be the last thing Alique said in a while; she was becoming immersed in her work. She wasn't quite listening to Brail either, his voice had become background noise, mindless distracting sounds that were to be ignored.

((I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post yet ;_; I'll have time in two days because I have a long weekend. I kind of roleplayed myself into a metaphorical corner because I don't know what to make Mockingbird do x3))

((Come join me on my psychopath quest! I know that without someone I'm going to be bored out of my mind anyways, at least until Spite gets the sister RP up. PS, Spite, can you change Keszpik's sprite?))

user posted image

The Silver's roar hardly fazed Keszpik, but as Brail slammed his tail into him the hatchling crashed into the wall with a bone-jarring thud. He slid down in what felt like slow motion, and after what seemed like years he finally landed on the floor with a soft thump. And as he sat there, he round yellow eyes blazing with power, he got up and glared at Brail. A revolutionary thought had entered his head. "You don't know that," Keszpik said in a hushed growl. "In fact, you probably didn't save me at all. I could be in a loving home right now, surrounded by family and love. Instead I have you, and you, Brail, of all people, could quite possibly be the one the most un-respectable dragons I have ever met. Oh wait, how do I know that? I've had my memory wiped." He turned and stormed out of the room, anger flaring inside him like a fire that could never be quenched.

He walked out into the lobby, seething with so much fury it seemed to come off in waves. Around him hatchlings in training stared at him and cast each other worried glances. It seemed like they all thought he would eat them if they made any sudden movements, and Keszpik might as well do just that. Luxiphere was spread out near the entrance, this time though she looked far more comfortable. She was looking up at him with a raised eyebrow, but her face was not nearly as surprised as the other dragons'. "Come on," he said firmly, "We're going to Utope."

user posted image

Luxiphere let out a happy sigh. Finally she was warming up, despite the draft from the door on her right. Her scales one more were beginning to regain their original glittery shine, though the setting sun outside was too dim to make a very noticeable difference. She yawned drowsily, watching the comings and goings of the other hatchlings. It was pretty boring, really. It wasn't as boring, however, when a very angry Keszpik came in. Everyone looked at the hatchling as if he were Lotus, just strolling into Heraldic with no care. However, the puffed up Thunder clearly did have something to care about, because his scales were ruffled up and a bruise was forming on his arm. What startled her, though, was his remark on leaving. She felt like some massive creature had knocked the wind out of her. "L-leave?" Luxiphere stammered. "Now? Here? But..." Keszpik stared at her coldly, but said nothing. He turned and walked off toward the Magi's room, not even pausing to look back. She couldn't say anything, the words just caught in her throat like a piece of bark. And in the all heat, in all the confusion, the Sunsong did what may have been the stupidest thing in her life: "Wait," she said, "I'm coming."

user posted image

Sepsisc was alarmed when Keszpik simply walked up to Luxiphere and announced that they were leaving. Neither had noticed him, a sign that they were both still tired from the little encounter with Vorgi. He would have to stop them, somehow. But first, he had to make his presence clear. "Hello, Keszpik and Luxiphere." He fell silent after the last word, but his piercing gaze make it clear he was waiting for a response. He was quite sure the Sunsong knew she was still weak, but Keszpik might have been unaware of her condition. Besides, would Keszpik care? Would Luxiphere care? Luxiphere was a devoted friend, and the Thunder hatchling had long since made up his mind about the war. But it wasn't safe to leave. Death was the most likely fate for any who strayed from their allegiances.

user posted image

"No, nothing else. And yes, please make it neater. Take your time too, Alique," Brail spoke as he turned to Gemini, completely ignoring the thunder dragon storm away. He took a parchment himself and dipped a claw into the blue liquid. He drew a quick stroke on the paper. "Gemini, care to join us?" He asked, not looking up. "Lady, first draw the area. We are drawing the frozen wastelands to practise with. So, make sure to get every detail. You can look onto mine if you want," Brail instructed, continuing to draw with his claw.

user posted image

Gemini scowled at Brail and watched Kezspik walk away. Still angry, she walked over to seat next to Lady. She began to follow his instructions gloomily, her right head slightly dozing off. "Here, look at mine if you want. You will remember all of the planet features soon," Gemini spoke as she finished as Brail did.

user posted image

"Ooh, we should go introduce ourselves to someone. The little blue one by the fire, maybe? Wait, it's asleep. Oh, this is so boring, brother, why isn't there anyone talking to me?"

The left head swept his gaze through the crowded room, the background noise a jumble of voices. The right head was doing the same, though for a different reason. The noise was getting to him, with its disorganized clatter and garbled words. Anything could happen to them and he couldn't shake that anxiety in the back of his mind.

"You have me to speak to, but there are more important things to focus on. Haven't you noticed that we don't even know where we are or how we got here?"

The left head turned to his 'brother', blinking slowly. Their tail flicked around, hitting the wall that their back was up against. The Gilded Bloodscale was in a sitting position, arms crossed over their chest. It wasn't the best way to sit, but it allowed both heads to have a better view of the place.

"Why are you so obsessed over that? It really doesn't matter, that one dragon told us to stay put until our trainer came out."

"What trainer!?" The opposite head hissed quietly, glaring at him, "Don't you understand?! I don't remember anything that has happened so far besides you complaining about not talking to anyone!"

The left head turned away, a small smile rising to his face as he looked over the assortment of other dragons. He raised his clawed hand and patted the other head, making the right head grit his teeth and clench his own claws in a fist.

"If you don't remember anything and I don't remember anything, doesn't that mean that we need to find out what is happening? His smile widened and he glanced back to his 'brother'. "That means that we need to talk to someone."

The right head sighed, knowing that any talk of this 'erased' memory was useless. The feeling of having the past just be a blank white was frighting, and his other half didn't care. The only information they had was by an adult dragon that had carried them to this packed place and even then it hadn't been that informative. Why were they a 'Warrior' and why were they waiting for their trainer? It just didn't make sense to the right head.

When the left head made to get up, shifting into the comfortable four legged position, the right head went with it, shaking his head. He had to look at the bright side of things. At least neither of them were hurt, physically or mentally. He hoped, anyway.

"So," he grumbled to the left head, "who do you think is going to give us information?"

The left head's smile widened as he gazed around, eyes flicking around in excitement. His gaze stopped at three dragons that were talking to each other. A Thunder, Sunsong, and adult White.

Gesturing towards the small group, the left head spoke quickly. "We can go see them. The adult probably can give answers to you."

"...No."

"Why not?"

"I said no. Talk to someone else like....like....I don't know, that blue one? Just figure something out and don't even go near those ones. They don't look happy."

The left head grumbled but the mention of the sleeping blue one had caught his attention. Turning around, flicking their red tail lightly, he trained his eyes on the blue hatchling near the fire.

"Why do you want to wake them up for? That can be seen as rude, brother."

"You can wait until their awake, can't you? And...maybe someone will want to talk to you if we are closer to the fire?" The right head was glad to see that he had gotten his opposite's mind off of the three other dragons. That Thunder was definitely angry and he did not want to put his opposite into that sort of situation. They started to move towards the fire, the left head smiling and the right head with a small scowl on his face.

user posted image

Lady watched Brail draw at first. Then she followed his lead and dipped a claw into the ink and tried her best to copy what he was doing. Her lines were slightly wiggly and not straight. This was, after all her first time. She smiled at Brail now. She liked this nicer side of him.

user posted image

"Hello, uh, Sepisc," Luxiphere said with a meek wave of her wing. "How is it? We were just..." she inched a little closer to Keszpik, not knowing what to say. He placed his tail on her shoulder and gave a very faint nod. "We were just going, that's all. I apologize if you have any objections to this, but I'm afraid to say we've been left with no other options." She gaped at the now much calmer hatchling. He had just given everything away! But what surprised her more was his attitude: He had nearly killed the first thing he saw not even a minute ago, but yet now he talked to Sepisc as if he were a saint. "Hmm? Oh yeah, that's what we're doing. Yes, we're going. We're going far, far away. Try and stop us!" Luxiphere puffed up her chest. Keszpik's confidence was making her brave, too, and the wizened Healer in front of them now seemed very small. She could see genuine concern in his eyes, but when she turned to her friend his claws were dug into the ground, and determination emanated from him. There was no way she would leave Keszpik, even if she would miss kind old Sepisc. She might even miss Jiiva and Eliza. Especially Eliza, who, even though was far from even remotely similar to the Sunsong, was still her friend. But she was also leaving Vorgi and Brail. She was leaving the bloodshed and oppression. Wasn't she? That's what Keszpik seemed to feel, and he was always right. Always.

user posted image

Scorpion's eyes were narrowed into slits, and wisps of smoke were puffing from her mouth. Everyone in her way was shoved aside, and hard, too. She knew none of them deserved it, as none of them likely had any idea why she was angry, but she was still in such a mood she kept on her behavior shamelessly. "Where in the name of Acnologia are any of the Warriors!?" She bellowed aloud. Several hatchlings looked at her, but none made a move. "Excuse me. Where are the Warriors?" She repeated. A distant patter of feet replied this time, getting closer and closer. Soon enough, the bright yellow shape of Jiiva showed up.

user posted image

He nervously paced in a vacant room next to the Tactician's, where he knew Alique was. Jiiva was sure that she was in there, even though initially he hadn't really paid attention to where she had gone, because he had heard someone yell her name. Something about burning down Heraldic. Who knew, who cared? All Jiiva wanted was to make sure his new friend hadn't forgotten about him. He told himself over and over again she wouldn't, that he had to meet her at the willow, not wait for her like a stalker. But still, a tiny part of him worried. It hadn't eased his frays to hear Alique yelled at, either.

"Where in the name of Acnologia are any of the Warriors!?" A distant voice interrupted his thoughts. He turned and looked down the hall. It sounded like Scorpion. "Scorpion can wait," he thought. "Excuse me. Where are the Warriors?" He shook his head in annoyance. Jiiva realized he had been wrong: Scorpion could never wait. She would find him eventually, even if he didn't come. So he bounded down the hall, his long legs seeming to take all of his troubles and thrust them into the ground. Running always made Jiiva happy. And this was why he addressed his Trainer happily, despite her furious expression. "Jiiva at your service!" He announced. "How my I help m'lady?"

user posted image

"Are you kidding me!" She howled. "You have to be. I can't believe you just forgot battle training today." Scorpion was seething, and her claws scraped the ground. Jiiva folded his crown and looked at the floor shamefully. "Oops. I think I forgot about that. You see, I met this really nice dragoness, and-" "I. Don't. Care. At all, okay?" She said, shoving her thick tail-pad in his face. "Just get training. Now!"

Edited by Psycho Cat

user posted image

Vorgi breathed out slowly and calmly as the light around her faded. She didn't expect the spell to take up as much energy as it just had so Vorgi stumbled slightly. She decided since Brail was already training the tacticians and Scorpion sounded like she was going to start training the warriors, Vorgi might as well train her hatchlings too. She made her way to the lobby to gather up the mages but was soon distracted by the commotion going on. From the situation and some of the sentences she caught, Vorgi deducted that Keszpik was going to leave. With Luxiphere. Vorgi slowly padded towards the two hatchling and made sure she was being noticed. She bent down her neck to talk to the hatchlings whilst maintaining eye contact. "If you want to leave, then fine. I will personally appeal to the leaders and even talk to Acnologia if I am forced to." Votgi lifted her head back and puffed up her chest to look more threatening. "But mark my words child, the next time we meet will be as enemies, and I will not hesitate to kill you." Without waiting for a response, Vorgi made her way towards the hall. "Mages are to come to the Mage's room in five minutes, it's your choice on wether to learn to defend yourself or die." Vorgi coldly announced. Not looking back, Vorgi walked back to the Mage's room.

user posted image

Eclipse awoke just as the female Nebula from earlier came into the room. She remembered the White dragon refer to the Nebula as Vorgi. Vorgi walked towards Keszpik and said a few things that seemed quite cold yet helpful to Keszpik at the same time. Eclipse did not know what she felt of the female dragon since a lot of hatchlings seemed to despise her but Eclipse could not bring herself to hate her. Eclipse remembered her mother tell her that nobody could truly be evil and that they must have a reason, either from pain, loss or anger. She could not get close enough to Vorgi to see what was hiding behind her pupils but Eclipse sensed it was something along the lines of pain. Eclipse picked herself up and made her way to the Mage's room even though Eclipse wasn't assigned an exact class. She felt that she was a mage because she had some grasp of the concept of magic but she could not utilise it to heal anyone. Eclipse just quietly padded along behind Vorgi at a safe distant.

((I'm tired an didn't know what to do with Eclipse so sorry if this post didn't make a lot of sense.))

user posted image

"Yes ma'm," Jiiva said in a discouraged voice. He turned and started walking toward the training room. Scorpion followed a steps to make sure he was really heading to the training room, then sat and watched him off. "What's he got to be so glum about?" She thought. Jiiva was usually ecstatic for a good training session. "Oh well, it doesn't matter. I still have to find the other Warriors. Let's see, who's left now? Soul, Derrick, and Glen I believe. I ought to find them, then." She headed into the intricate maze of halls contained in the base, peering in doors as she went along. "Soul? Glen? Derrick? Anyone!?" Scorpion called out. "How did everyone miss training at once?" She grumbled to herself. "Get out here now! You can bet your behinds that you are all knee-deep in trouble, because I'm not standing for another missed session. I don't care how late it is. O-u-t spells out, as in come out or I'll kick you out!" She wondered if this was helping. Scorpion knew her gruff voice wasn't exactly inviting. Actually, most of the nearby dragons were glancing at her awkwardly or scooting away. She glared back. None of them had a responsibility as big as her's. If she failed, the war would turn on them quicker than Menap's freezing winds.

user posted image

"Dumb Scorpion," Jiiva growled to himself, "making me do stuff all the time. I never get to do anything fun." He wasn't normally this aggravated. Maybe it was Alique's fault. He immediately smiled when he thought of her name, but the problem remained: could Jiiva really be with Alique and still function at his job. And that didn't even touch base on Somniall, who he still had more than fond thoughts about. His life was so mixed up right now! What could a hatchling do? It almost scared him, to at least some extent. Scorpion hadn't really helped either. Maybe she had, though. Her fury had almost been a wake-up call: he needed help.

user posted image

"Where in the name of Acnologia are any of the Warriors!?"

The loud roar made Glen jump, both heads bumping into each other. The left head raised a clawed hand to rub the side of his head and the right head tried to raise himself up, practically dragging his other side upwards so that they stood only on their back feet. The right head looked around quickly, eyes widening as he spotted the large Guardian dragon who had shouted. Before either head could do anything, a red Nebula called out for the Mages, which made the blue hatchling that they were walking towards wake up and move off.

"Well...there goes talking to the blue dragon." The right head spoke calmly to his other half, keeping his gaze on the Warrior trainer. The Gilded Bloodscale dropped down, now on the level with the rest of the hatchlings in the area, but still able to see their trainer.

"Mmm...well, we can speak to the Guardian, right brother?" The left head glanced at his 'brother' and then towards the Guardian Dragon.

"Get out here now! You can bet your behinds that you are all knee-deep in trouble, because I'm not standing for another missed session. I don't care how late it is. O-u-t spells out, as in come out or I'll kick you out!"

"Brother, I think we really need to go see that Guardian. Since we were told we are Warriors, I think the trainer is that dragon." Both heads looked at each other for a moment and then the right head nodded.

"What else can we do?" The right head sighed and they both started moving towards their supposed trainer.

"I also don't want to be 'kicked' out. Sounds rather rude and possibly painful."

Glen didn't stop in front of the Guardian but mostly on the side, on the edges of a crowd of hatchlings. Flicking their tail nervously, the right head keeping his stare on the adult dragon, the left head cleared his throat and spoke.

"Hello, hello, hello. I'm Glen and this is my brother, Glen. We were told that we were Warriors and had to wait for our trainer to arrive. I assume that the Warrior trainer would be yourself and that we, as hatchlings, are to take orders from you."

The right head interrupted his other half quickly. "We did not know that training was happening at this time. We did not get a large amount of information about this and I am sorry about missing it."

"I apologize as well." The left head nodded quickly. Their tail flicked nervously against the ground.

( sorry about the extremely short post!)

Derrick

Derrick tore through the sack of potatoes." I'm late! " he spat out a half-chewed potato and ran out. He bumped into the Warrior trainer on the way out." Sorry!" He looked around." Who was calling me?"

user posted image

"I was," Scorpion said, glaring down at Darrick. She looked to her left. 'Glen' was looking as shameful as Jiiva. She only hoped he wasn't as much as a handful. "You look like a newbie," she observed, "Which means I, of all people, must introduce you to everyone." She sighed and over-dramatically rolled her eyes. "Well, this is Derrick, in case you didn't notice. Oh, and I almost forgot: I'm Scorpion. It'll be my pleasure to suck every last ounce of fun out of you're life." She teasingly prodded him in the side with her giant tail, then turned and began to walk toward the training room. "You'll meet Jiiva soon, too. He's pretty nice. Small guy, but he can go from here to there in a blink. It's nice to have a quick scout around when everyone always wants to be the biggest and strongest. Not that there's anything wrong with that." She smiled, raising a massive forearm and practically rubbed her strength in the hatchlings' face. "You'll get stronger, though. I've saw through some wimpy peeps, and they always become useful somehow."

user posted image

Alique was listening to Brail, but not copying what he was drawing. Instead, she reflected his map on her own, drawing the land as he drew the land, labeling when he labeled. She was being as attentive as she could be, yes, but not quite following what her trainer wanted. Unfortunately, she soon got ahead of everyone else as she wasn't quite listening, and finished. Having nothing left to do, she began to examine the map of the Soulpeace next to her. Lady seemed to be having trouble, though. Her shaky lines were far too uneven, thick here and thin there, deep there and shallow here. It didn't have the neat perfection that most battle maps possessed, and Alique had the feeling that they wouldn't become good for a long while. The most prominent thing she noticed was that the newborn used a claw- most dragons with neat pointed tails used them instead, as they were easier to control. Ah, might as well give her a tip... "Ms. New Dragon, try drawing with your tail. And... Uh... What was I going to say? oh yeah, Brail, I finished the neater map. Can I go now? I have an appointment somewhere! I think..." The focus Alique had achieved while working was wearing off. She was close to returning to her usual, dreamy self.

(Actually I think silver is the color of Brail, I dont want to steal gray. ^^)

user posted image

Brail turned to the black, eyes wide with shock. So fast? "Alique, I would like you to stay here. This isn't a place where you can learn and leave when you want to. So no, stay here and help Lady over there," he began to feel his usual anger bubble up in him. He kept his voice icy calm, although he could feel himself starting to crack. He glanced at Lady and Gemini, before snatching the map between two long claws. He began to assess the map carefully, mumbling all the places and places under his breath. Brail shook his blue mane as he dropped the parchment down onto the table again.

"Alique, your lines are fine, and so are your labels. But, please take your time next time. I can see that this is an improvement, and I see no flaws in this map. But, to nit pick, I would like you to stay out for the rest of the lesson. And perhaps then, after waiting for another thirty minutes, doing nothing, you will consider listening to me, and actually following me," he spoke, tearing a claw down the ground. It left no mark, it made his anger slowly fade away. Brail had requested the room to be made stringer and less sensitive to his attacks, when he would be mad.

"And since you have nothing to do, I will have to send you off to get something for me. The storeroom and even more ink. I have a feeling that we need it, since we have a new recruit that needs practise. And get more parchments," Brail ordered. He didn't need the parchments, nor the ink. But he wanted to test Alique, and see if she would actually get the items that he had listed.

user posted image

Gemini had been working silently at the end of the table, drawing with her tail. As Alique said, it was easier, but took more practise. She watched Brail draw skilfully with his claw. He couldn't use his tail, but he could draw even better than the ones who used tails. Gemini finished a stroke, impressed about how neat it was. Even with the scribbled on words and thick lines, she had tried her best. And it was her best. But Brail wouldn't think so. Gemini stood up and moved to get a new parchment, taking it down from the shelves before walking back to her spot. Luckily, Brail hadn't noticed with his little 'don't go ahead' speech. Figuring that she had more time, Gemini began to work more slowly, writing neater and keeping all the lines the same.

Edited by Tiga

Derrick

"Oh. Okay!" He happily smiled. He poked Scorpion's tail."OOh! What's this made of?" He kept poking the tail curiously.

user posted image

He merely continued to stare at them, hoping Keszpik would come to his senses and remember the damage Luxiphere had sustained. "No, you are not leaving." At least not yet. "Do you not understand the dangers that await you outside? Heraldic May be filled with treacherous dragons and misguided traditions, but it is a safe haven as well. Though I can't say joining the Fable wouldn't be another safe option. You wouldn't be accepted right away, but being accepted here isn't easy either, eh?" And when you go, I will go with you. As a guardian, a protecter.

((It's four in the morning and I'm suffering from insomniall lol dragon puns, so I'll try to post, but I may not get to everyone at once. Or be the best at typing, for that matter.))

user posted image

She pulled her tail away sharply. "Get off of that!" Scorpion said angrily. "And that is none of your business," she added. She glared at Derrick, her eyes narrowing to slits, but didn't say anything else and turned around. She was quiet the whole way to the training room, not in the mood for talking. Of course, it wasn't that far off, so it wasn't a noticeable silence per se.

As she stepped into the room, Jiiva was already practicing; he was dashing around targets quickly and then smashing into them with a little too much enthusiasm. Scorpion smiled faintly and turned to Glen. "That's Jiiva," she announced, "not too bright but pretty friendly. I'll leave him and Derrick to teaching you. Derrick, you're older, right? I'm sure you have some, you know, wisdom or something to pass on... or something. It'll almost be like an assessment."

user posted image

Lady looked between her map and Brail's. They looked semi similar, but hers was not as neat. Her shoulders sagged in disappointment. She just couldn't make it as perfect and beautiful as Brail's. She felt sad that she didn't do such a good job.

Edited by Lothuialel

user posted image

"Okay!" Happy with the success of being able to leave, Alique bounced out of the Tactcian's Room and into the clean white hallways. Gather ink and parchment from the storage room... As she walked, the tactician-in-training repeated the words mentally, as not to forget. Ink, parchment, storage room, ink, parchment, storage... I wonder what that nice dragon from earlier is doing right now...? Oh, whoops. Ink, Jiiva, room, ink, Jiiva, room... Hey what's that sound? Alique was right for once. There was a sound, a loud one, not so far away. In fact, there were several. They were voices, muffled by the walls, but they were there. One sounded familiar, though it was rather quiet. I'll go see what it is...

The varying sounds of speaking dragons led Alique to a door held slightly open. There was a sign on it, labeled "Training Room", but she, in all her dreaminess, failed to notice. Instead, the black hatchling stepped right into the room, unaware of any possible consequences. The only thing that worried her in the slightest was the sound of something being beaten emitting softly from the gap in the entrance. It sounded rather painful, like being hit by a strong dragon's bare paws. Nevertheless, she stepped inside.

user posted image

A smile creeped across Keszpik's face as the meaning of Sepisc's words sank in. "I see. Yes, I can hear it in the tone of your voice. You really would let us go, wouldn't you? Oh Sepisc, I always had faith in you. You were one of the few dragons here I can deem sane, and I've yet to be proven wrong." He looked up at the White standing before him, his blue eyes shining like a beacon. Keszpik blinked. Even now, after everything, the Thunder hatchling still cared about him. Even though he had shut everyone else out, even his very soul mate, he still had feelings for Sepisc. "A righteous dragon to put my final values in," he thought, "with enough wisdom to fill the universe. He should come with us. I only wish Del could, too, but he'd never understand. His power is his own downfall, as he hasn't the time to deal with the petty affairs of this world." He turned and beckoned Luxiphere with his tail, pointing her to the teleport. "Well, are you coming?" Keszpik taunted as he trailed after his friend.

user posted image

Luxiphere listened to Keszpik tease Sepisc. It was so unlike him to do this, even before Vorgi. She didn't know why, but he just seemed more laid back around this old White, which was a little ironic considering he hated most Trainers. Still, when he called her over, she followed without arguing. When she got up and actually moved a longer distance, she noticed how much better she was feeling. "That Harvest must've really known what it was doing," she mused. "A shame I'll never even know his name. Oh well, I'm sure in the end my losses will be worth it."

When they walked into the Magi's room, he looked up at them. His face told Luxiphere how much he must've hated his job. She could slightly understand: waiting all day, doing nothing but sit around and do things whenever someone felt like telling them to. But they really needed to go this time, as it was more than just business. "We'd like to go to Utope!" She declared. The Magi gave her a slightly surprised glance. "Really? A pair of hatchlings marching straight into the Council's hands?" "Well, we might have an escort." "Well, okay, but I am not getting in trouble for this." Luxiphere smiled. They were actually getting away with this!

user posted image

Jiiva dashed around the dummy, charging into it and then dashing away. While it couldn't actually move, Scorpion told him that if he got lazy and acted like it couldn't he'd be a sitting duck in a real battle. He didn't know what a duck was when used like a noun, but it sounded like an insult. He reared up for the final blow, however, when a spot of black caught his eye. "Alique!" he thought. The Guardian already had her tail raised, poised to slam into the little Black when he dashed over and knocked it over. In the process he smashed a hole in the wall using his own body, but saving his friend was worth it. "Oh lord, Jiiva, you're hopeless," Scorpion said with a roll of her eyes, "you know what would happen to me if I really crippled this hatchling." "Well I just assumed, that, you know..." he started. "I don't want to hear it," she growled. "We both know what assuming does. It makes an a-" "I know what assuming does!" He said quickly. "You should go now, Alique," Jiiva added. "I like you, I really do, but now is a bad time. Like, as in, a super uberly bad time."

user posted image

He followed the two hatchlings into the teleportation room, to find them already asking to leave. No, no, that won't do... Owain is kindly, but breaks under pressure! If someone questions him about the disappearance of two hatchlings, surely, he would tell... "Magi, you are not to let these hatchling go. They will be staying here until I say they can leave." Sepisc turned around to leave, but not without throwing a brisk, snappish "follow me" over his shoulder. As soon as they were out of eyeshot, he waved his tail to signify his continued benevolence. "You cannot simply go and ask to leave. The Magi would know where you are. Instead, you must leave on foot, or better yet, trick him."