TJ09

2013-12-19 - Holiday Event Begins!

Sorry if I sounded a bit pretentious up there, I just woke. @_@ I SHOULD HAVE SAID everyone has their own reasons for wanting one, but those are the two most prominent reasons I see circulating.

Hrgghh, I still need a holly so I have one of each Christmas dragons, but I haven't even seen them on the AP since yesterday. 8(

Personally the Hollies have been and always will be one of my favorite sprites. First of all, they're red, which is my favorite color, but there is a good humor about them - a look - an undefinable something. I like the Yulebucks too, but the adults are so proud-looking, almost too regal to approach. I guess a Holly looks like it could be my friend. <3

What a poor guy. I feel so sorry that I want to give you all my christmas dragons I caught. I CANNOT STOP CRYING.

Uh, wow. Bitter much?

I wonder how different your response would be if I had indeed chosen to gift you the hollies you asked me about in October.

My guess: it'd be drastically different.

rolleyes.gif

But oh well, it's pointless to argue about this silly thing. smile.gif

I, however, am unlocked. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Boooooo! tongue.gif

GOOOOOOAAALLLLL!!!! I finally caught a holly off the Abandoned page!!!!!!! Yes let's go shopping lol  laugh.gif

Congrats lilacamy biggrin.gif

I always wait till christmas day to breed my Hollies, this was before the limit lift. Which I've only just found out about because I've been busy in work all week. So Now I don't know when to breed them as everyone will want space for the new breed...argh!! Anyways..

Merry Christmas everyone :3

Some of my favourite descriptions are Christmas themed so I figured I'd share them (since we all know no one reads descriptions except the task force tongue.gif ) Does anyone have any Christmas-y descriptions to share?

Northvick (http://dragcave.net/view/bW0Kr)

The North is no place for children for whom the stories about it are written. Those who bring the joy of the festive seasons know this too well. Bright colours, jingling ribbons, pretty ornaments and rich, red stripes are all a facade to mask the horrors of a land so dead and cold no life can be maintained. Northvick knows. He knows the blizzards that torture the mountains, the winds that scream as they pass through, dragging him with them and he knows the sheer cold that freezes thine eyelids closed and fills thine lungs with frost as thou suffocate and yearn for warmth, warmth thou won't find even if thou travel for days without stopping. No, Northvick knows, yet year after year he'll tell of mountains of presents and plenty of delicacies, huge trees with crystalline balls on their branches and the northern lights to guide the way. Cruel is the job of the Bringers, as they see their brethren fall in the cold, winter come, winter go, to bring messages of false hope.

Snowflake Elfi (http://dragcave.net/view/GBtZ)

Elfi wasn't born in the harsh and hostile North. She had heard stories of her kin's demise during their annual journey yet she never seemed to care. What could harm her, after all. She was beautiful and young, her shining wings as sparkly as the purest bar of gold, her fair skin as white as unspoiled snow, her prized horns known for their brightness. She could prance and jump as gracefully as a strong-legged gazelle and was as smart as a seasoned vixen. Yet the time came. Like the countless others before her she had to follow the hollow lament of the North. Her need to trek, for the first time, stronger than her will and reason. So she went. But what came back is the true horror. What falls in the North isn't soft snowflakes but hardened ice and wind and sorrow.

This one's old.. so a bit too cheesy but meh. (14 year old me wasn't exactly cool.)

Silvervient de Noel (http://dragcave.net/view/e9Np)

As the nights become longer and the days much colder, Silvervient starts dancing all around. Her duty is to fill every child with thrill about the great upcoming event! So she dances and she prances through the snow, while singing in a voice so low... "Come, children come. Let us feel the spirit of Christmas at once. Come everyone, let us join all as one. Come raise your voice! Sing along with Christmas joy! Come, young and old let's tell everybody who hasn't been told! Because there are great things to expect, dragons of festive colours will be coming up ahead! Those holly, those angelic as well as the man, who gallops through skies with eight yulebucks plus one!  You see, so much to see! Presents, colours, snow and joy! Nothing more beautiful than this, so enjoy!" and as she keeps singing her little song, she wipes around her ribbons to create sounds to go along. So if one hears a loving voice as they sleep, they may as well assume that Silvervient was early again.

/END of massive reply.

Oh man, someone just gifted me a holly. <3

I'm currently accumulating snow so I can build something nice. This will be fun. :3

I always wait till christmas day to breed my Hollies, this was before the limit lift. Which I've only just found out about because I've been busy in work all week. So Now I don't know when to breed them as everyone will want space for the new breed...argh!! Anyways..

Merry Christmas everyone :3

New breed is still limited by two. And besides, they are Hollies. Even if we didn't have limits for new breeds people would pick them.

Hrgghh, I still need a holly so I have one of each Christmas dragons, but I haven't even seen them on the AP since yesterday. 8(

I've seen at least 15 this last hour. I still have none, tho I did gift one yesterday.

I'm afraid I've gotten too fussy about the lineages, and I am not crazy about the awful messes out there sad.gif

But is was fun to give someone one, very bouncy biggrin.gif

Achievement Unlocked: Get a hold of a Holly

New Achievement Level Ultra Hard: Find Holly with a nice lineage

Though I'm really excited that we're allowed to have as many Christmas dragons as we can hatch as long as it's not the new breed. Hoping to breed a nice bunch of pretties next year.

Crossing my fingers that it'll be the same for valentines day since I want to continue my valentines x black checker

PS. My opinion on winning the raffle is, me = never winning. But I can make myself a snow mansion, so still win either way.

Edited by Zada2011

Congrats lilacamy biggrin.gif

tongue.gif Aw thanks - actually quite proud achieved this (some say might be silly but meh wink.gif)

Achievement Unlocked: Get a hold of a Holly

New Achievement Level Ultra Hard: Find Holly with a nice lineage

Yeah this might be a next goal...lol just for the fun of it.

Well, you always have to look on the bright side of life.

Since everyone is stalking the AP for holly's, the cave is quite abandoned. Which means I managed to catch a gold, magma, thunder and my first winter eggie. tongue.gif

Merry Christmas everyone biggrin.gif

Well, you always have to look on the bright side of life.

Since everyone is stalking the AP for holly's, the cave is quite abandoned. Which means I managed to catch a gold, magma, thunder and my first winter eggie. tongue.gif

Merry Christmas everyone biggrin.gif

congrats!!

tongue.gif only two holly I got are gift, I can't catch one yet to save my own life, but being hopeful here biggrin.gif

The no limit on holiday eggs does not help me at all, cant catch a holly with all the stalkers in AP, last year i sold my soul to the devil to get one holly egg, and i wanted to get another one this year, but i guess it will not happen. Hope others are having a better luck in their goals.

Thanks TJ for all the fun!!