Psycho Cat

Fakemon 1x1: animal and PC

"We should both eat anyways, though," he remarked. "I don't think I can move another inch." He grinned at the Spherais, who returned with a glare. "Come on, I'm sure something's around here." He scoped the area, before setting his eyes on a hefty looking Sanretary. "Snake eater, huh?" He mumbled quietly to himself. "Let's see how you react when the snake eats you!" He coiled up tightly before aiming a precise attack at the bird. As he came down on it he sunk his fangs deep into its feathers. It squawked and fussed until it collapsed onto the ground. It wasn't dead though, as its faint breathing suggested. Of course, wherever Nagaikinn went, desperate scavengers were sure to follow, so that wasn't an entirely true statement. "If you want the rest have at it," he remarked in a snicker.

Honti just watched. His species could thrive on two meals a year, and the last time he'd eaten was a week ago, so he didn't feel hungry in the slightest. He just watched as the Sanretary lay there, almost passed out, and grimaced. He ignored it and slithered after Nagaikinn, letting his mind wander once more.

As they neared the familiar oak tree, Nagaikinn smiled. "Home sweet home," he sighed. "I'm so glad to be out of that creepy place." He shivered. "Oh well. I guess some things never change. Noir will always be one of those things."

Honti watched as the Sphere Eater flew up to the upper branches of the tree. He yawned and shook himself before slithering over to the trunk. He coiled up next to it and looked around for a bit before resting his head on his coils.

((Oops! I saw DG's post but not yours. My derp))

He slithered in and closed his eyes. This was better. Sleeping during the day was far better for Nagaikinn than at night. They would need the night anyways to even have a chance at finding Lunathrokon and even then persuading her into giving advise would be hard enough. They could also try and find Rafuseos, but he doubted something that ruled the day would even bother looking at the poor Night Glider. He thought Lunathrokon looked cooler, anyway.

Honti was too tired to go back up into the branches. He fell asleep where he was, going limp and becoming completely vulnerable to predators.

(Short post is short. tongue.gif)

When Nagaikinn woke up, the sun was setting. On the other side of the sky a quarter moon had already risen. Not an ideal time for Legend hunting, but it was all they could do. "Honti," he whispered. "Honti, wake up." He shook his partner a little before turning to the Spherais. He swatted it out of the tree in a much less gentle manner. It got up and glared at him, making a little squeaking sound as it shook itself off.

Honti blinked awake and almost fell asleep again. "Five more minutes, mom..." He muttered, his eyes slowly shutting. A loud squawk woke him fully. "I'm up, I'm up, I'm up!" He exclaimed. He looked up to see the fluffy Sphere Eater flying above him. "Hello." He said groggily. He stretched. His antenna lit up so he could see what was around him. It soon dimmed and his hardly visible pupils were wide. He was a day creature and hardly stayed up past sunset, so he had to even get used to the dimmer light of sunset.

"All ready?" Nagaikinn asked. "Kay then." He turned around without waiting for a answer. He had to stop anyways, though, to let out an enormous yawn. "I have to stop staying up at day..." He said tiredly. "It's not good for me me." He yawned again, revealing a sharp row of fangs that did not look fun to get bitten by.

Honti followed after Nagaikinn, also letting the Spherais sit on his head. He stayed silent for a bit, saving his energy by also saving his breath. He felt a tug on his antenna and cringed as the Sphere Eater started playing with the sensitive appendage. This was irritating for Honti because he couldn't reach the fluffy bird-like creature. "Stop that." He hissed. It finally stopped and sat still on his head.

He occasionally looked behind to see if Honti could keep up. He clearly had a hard time in the dark. Nagaikinn's sensitive eyes, on the other hand, were far better suited to the dark. The sunlight was harsh on him, and his night vision was better by moonlight than by daylight. As they wandered deeper into the forest trees seemed to grow higher, the twilight becoming more unsettling. Before long small sandstone bricks were joining the scenery. He looked around. The area was eerily familiar, though he never recalled traveling this far south. "Honti," he finally said. "I think we may, uh, be lost. These bricks are new, and I've never seen the trees get this high. Keep an eye out. New stuff means new Pokemon, and we don't want to run into an anonymous threat."

Honti moved ahead slightly. By now, his eyes were adjusted to the dark and he could see. Carefully he made his antenna glow and stared at the bricks. "Bricks? Bricks aren't natural." He said, narrowing his eyes. He put out his light and looked around. He heard a squawk and felt the Sphere Eater that was on top of his head shift. Honti looked around some more. "If there's bricks here, then something either lives or has lived nearby." He said quietly.

"If it's humans I'll squash them!" Nagaikinn growled. "But, they do look old. A little weathered, too. If humans were here, it's very possible they're gone. But anything else could be lurking near. I know a lot of Pokemon that would love an old refuge to live in." He looked around. We'd better not wait until we find out." A low, faint growl in the distance agreed. Something was nearby. No need to find out what exactly it was the hard way though. It sounded familiar though. He paused for a second to try and remember before it sounded again, this time closer. He darted off in the opposite direction. There was time for reminiscing later.

The Spherais on top of Honti's head opened its wings and made a threatening noise at the growl. Honti turned away and slowly made after Nagaikinn, glancing back now and then to see if anything had followed. He thought he saw two glowing eyes in the distance and picked up the speed a bit.

As they hurried on, the piles of bricks became more numerous. Eventually, they began forming small pillars and box-like shapes. "Looks like ruins to me," Nagaikinn remarked, slowing down. He continued forward. Soon, a large shape appeared in the distance. It seemed to glow in the moonlight, and loomed eerily above the surrounding oaks. He stared at it and quivered for a second, but kept on. Soon all three had reached the large, crumbling structure. On the front a faded mural of Lunathrokon showed itself. It was quite amazing, really. But before Nagaikinn could take it in the growl sounded again. This time it was very, very loud. He turned to see another Nagaikinn towering over them. It was not near as small as it's younger cousin. If anything, it was twice as big as Honti! "What do you want here," it rumbled. "You are not welcome in these parts."

Honti stared up at it, remaining silent for a few minutes. He noticeably stiffened and his head fins flared out. The Sphere Eater on his head was obviously not intimidated. It stared up at the huge Nagaikinn, crouching down and flaring out its wings. Not much was known about the fluffy bird-like creatures, but when they got ticked, they weren't something to reckon with. Their sharp teeth and powerful jaw strength were impressive for such a small creature.

The stranger merely stared down at the fluffed up Spherais. He simply picked it up with his tail and placed it on the ground. "Why are you here?" He repeated sternly. Nagaikinn looked up at it with a genuinely humble expression. "We just wanted to find Lunathrokon," he said, quivering. "Please don't skin us alive and leave us to the wilderness. I'm too awesome for that!" He flopped on the ground and cried out loudly in a high-pitched wail only the young self-centered Nagaikinn could make. "Pipe down," the bigger creature bellowed. "If you wish to see Lunathrokon, then this indeed is her shrine. It has had many guardians in its time, and I was put here to carry on that duty. If you truly want her, I will be your test. If you can beat me, you may pass. If you don't well, you don't." At this Nagaikinn flailed around even faster. He was seriously contemplating running away right now.

Honti merely glanced down at Nagaikinn before glaring up at the huge stranger, narrowing his red eyes. His fins opened up in a challenging way. He opened his large mouth in a yawn and it was clear that he had the needlelike fangs of normal snakes. He had no venom, but if he bit the opponent at just the right angle, then serious bleeding would occur from the wound. He closed his mouth as he finished yawning.

After finally stopping his rapid panic attack, Nagaikinn took in what he had to do. Wait, this isn't so hard! He thought. Honti here knows Ice Beam! He laughed to himself as he coiled up and prepared his own Aerial Ace. As he sprang, he was instead swatted aside into a large tree. He screeched in pain as his wing was crushed against the bark. "Now you've really asked for it!" He yowled, snarling at the unfazed guardian. He wouldn't back off now; he had a score to settle. He fired a Dark Pulse at the much bigger Nagaikinn, which landed squarely on its face. This time it flinched a little. "And so it begins," the tiny cousin growled triumphantly.

(And Spherais can learn Focus Blast xd.png)

Honti backed up and started glowing. His eyes changed to a light blue color before he charged forward with Dragon Rush, opening his mouth wide and folding his fangs forward. The Spherais flew out of the way and attempted a Featherdance on the huge Nagaikinn.

((Well, it makes about as much sense as my Floatzel, Mizu, learning Focus Blast))

The guardian managed to dodge the Feather Dance only to be slammed into by Honti's Dragon Rush. He let out an enraged roar and retorted with a Dark Pulse, which hit Nagaikinn in his face. He reared up and glared at the guardian before launching another Aerial Ace, this time hitting him. We might just have a chance, he though hopefully.

Honti nimbly twisted and darted in front of the huge Nagaikinn, clenching his jaw tightly and growling. Making sure the guardian had him within sight by moving rapidly, Honti used his Flash to attempt to lower the enemy's accuracy. As he did this, Spherais attempted another Featherdance on the guardian.

((The cat rises from the dead!))

The guardian let out a roar. Both attacks had succeeded, and he felt his energy depleting. He knew the battle would end soon, and the outcome might not be so good for him. Nonetheless, his job was to push on, and so he did. Knowing it would now be hard to hit anything, his sight so blurry, he let out a Swift.