Psycho Cat

Fakemon 1x1: animal and PC

"You and me both, Nagaikinn." Honti rolled his eyes. "The humans set me as sentry here so any Nerain wouldn't hurt them." He made a face. "Now that I think about it, those things are hard to miss. They're bigger than me and they stick out like a Liepard in a herd of Lillipup." Honti laughed at his own joke. Then he thought for a moment.

"Have you ever seen one?"

He looked up. "Oh yeah, all the time. I am mostly nocturnal, after all. Of course, being both Ghost and Psychic-type, they often aren't too keen to attack me." Nagaikinn secretly didn't like Nerains. They creeped him out. Considering they just stood still when you looked at them, one would think they'd be favorite prey for lazy him. But every time he got near he spooked and flew off. He didn't tell Honti though. Exposing a weakness wasn't extremely smart.

"I've seen one before." Honti said, setting his head down on the sand. "It fascinates me, their way of hunting. They only attack when you turn away." He let out a breath, blowing sand away from his mouth.

"I'm surprised that one hasn't gone after you yet, actually." He said, glancing back at Nagaikinn. "They'll attack anything with life force. Even Pokemon that they are weak against."

"Well, I've never gone up against one. Maybe it's because I share territories with a hoard of Nagityke, for obvious reasons. Now those are vicious." In truth, Nagaikinn quite liked to watch his younger cousins. There was no sight quite like an angry mob devouring a whole Santor live. "What about you? You sound like you've seen a few. Ever fought one?"

Honti chuckled. "Nah. It would be interesting to see a Nerain fight those cousins of yours. My bets would be on the big guy." Honti said with a wink. "Nerain can float and his hands can go reeeally far away from his body." He added, making a motion with his little hand-fins that meant how far the Weeping Angel Fakemon could reach.

"Strength in numbers." Nagaikinn pointed out. "Well, in the end I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Anyways, going back to what you said earlier, you're a sentry? Why do you stay here? They're practically useless unless you're an Iklavoo, and then they're a godsend, which is not a good thing. I can't imagine having a trainer own me." He shuddered at the mere thought. Humans did lots of weird things, most of them useless or destructive. There was no way he'd want to serve one.

((I may have Nagaikinn get caught later on. If that becomes the case I'd give you guys the option to make a human of your own to make things fair.))

"I only do it to help the little ones." Honti said, lifting up his head and gesturing to all of the baby Pokemon in the sea. "A Nerain here would be disaster. The babies can't defend themselves from such a monster." He turned to look at Nagaikinn. "My years here have turned me overprotective of the little ones." He dipped his head. "I am dearly sorry for attacking you like that earlier."

(I'm actually thinking of having a Nerain showing up and attacking things. It would be interesting, that's for sure.)

Edited by animals4501

((What, a Weeping Angel serpent monster with Haunter hands killing everything? Naw, that's not interesting.))

Nagaikinn shrugged. "Meh. If you didn't know Ice Beam you'd be in a coma by now, so we can call it even." He wiggled back up to his rock as the sun dove lower into the sky. It looked to be about six, so he would have about three hours until dark. The rock was scorching from the lack of a body on it for so long, and he had to wait for a moment before he could lay his entire body on the rock without having a heat stroke. But as he positioned himself it cooled off bit by bit and soon he was curled up and ready to resume his nap.

(Pfft xd.png)

Honti smiled and huffed in amusement. He slithered over to his perch, watching the humans play on the beach. He thought he heard a strange noise, but once he looked around a bit, he ignored it and coiled up to rest for now as the humans were finally starting to leave, little by little. Then he heard the noise again. This time he held his upper body up with his hands and looked around, narrowing his eyes.

"Who's there?" He growled.

When he heard Honti rouse Nagikinn clumsily tumbled off of his rock in startlement and was rewarded with a face full of sand. As he got up though something felt very off. Something was lurking around, he knew it. If it wasn't running away, and if it wasn't charging out at them, then it was stalking. "Hey, if you want to antagonize come out and do it with pride! That's what I do." He said. His claws flexed, eager to slice into something. Nothing naturally preyed on his species, and if someone thought otherwise they were about to find out why.

Honti's gaze met with an eyeless face. It was hiding in the trees, curling tightly around a tree. He could see the tree withering quickly.

"Nerain..." Honti gulped. He didn't dare look away. Nerain was after him.

(( Please kill me /shot -- can I have a slight recap on what's happening? If you want you can kick me out of the 1x2 for being inactive uvu;; ))

((Honti and Nagaikinn finished their fight and made up. Then Honti saved a Flotter at the cost of smashing through a boulder, putting Nagaikinn in a lighter mood and he ended up starting a conversation, in which the two learned their names. Honti explained why he was posted as sentry and Nagaikinn went back to his rock, when a Nerain came into view. And now I must save Honti for if he looks away he will be killed.))

Nagaikinn looked at the one thing he was scared of. A long body stood eerily still as Honti stood paralyzed. Perfect, absolutely perfect. No time to turn back now, though. Reluctantly he charged up a Dark Pulse and fired it a the Nerain. "Get, go, run!" he shouted frantically. If it finished off the Constriler he would most likely be dessert for the terrifying Pokemon. In their serpent form and draining abilities Nagaikinn and Nerain were quite similar, but there was one difference: Nerain went for the kill.

The Weeping Angel Fakemon ducked the Dark Pulse and continued facing Honti. It soon gave up and floated into the air, uncurling from the now-dead tree. It spiraled up and then floated over to the ocean. It had obviously heard Honti talk about the baby Pokemon here. Honti finally shook himself and stared after the Nerain, his eyes narrowing in anger. He slapped his tail on the ground, causing a huge quake that made gigantic waves in the ocean. They splashed the Nerain, but this only made it float higher and farther from the ocean. It was going to wait until Honti ran out of energy to go in for the kill.

He stared after the Nerain for a second. Maybe it wasn't his problem anymore. Nagaikinn certainly wasn't the "self-sacrificial" type. But not even he was that cruel. He raised his wings and flapped vigorously until he too was above the ocean. This had become a battle of aerial wits. He launched three more Pulses in quick succession before diving into the water and swimming off. He wasn't quite marine, but his quills and smooth wings were definitely more adapt to swimming than the Nerain's fur. If he could round it he might be able to face it without it getting away. Then he could attack with no hold back at all.

The Nerain dodged all three before just floating there, holding its claws as if it were about to strike. It sensed a small creature look at it and then turn away. At that, Nerain's left hand shot down like a missile and grabbed the thing. It was a Tynamo that had noticed it. After half a second, the Tynamo dropped, dead. The claws returned to Nerain's body. It continued to float there and search for creatures that turned away from it.

It was now or never. Nagaikinn leapt out of the water came straight at the Nerain. When he was finally face to face with it, he struggled to stay still. It was terrifying. No, he had to suck up. As it stood still, he knew what it wanted. For him to chicken out and turn around. In truth, he would love nothing more. But being alive was also a nice luxury. So he grabbed the Nerain with his tail and gripped it tightly, before aiming one final Dark Pulse. You can't miss what won't move. Hopefully.

Nerain let out a loud, extremely high-pitched wail as it was hit with the attack. It attempted to grab Nagaikinn with its claws. Hunting was one thing. Fighting was another. This was self-defense. The bulky Weeping Angel Fakemon attempted to thrust him down so it could escape and also tried floating up as it did so.

He felt himself being thrown down before he plummeted into the water. He started panting as he felt his energy ebbing. This thing certainly wasn't going down without a fight. Nagaikinn's thick body wasn't the image of speed, either. He looked up at the angry looking Nerain and then at the rattled, but okay Honti on the shore. He didn't like the idea of being bait, but being dinner was even less appealing. So he used his remaining energy to dash for the beach where the Constriler would at least have a chance to fight the thing. So with great reluctance Nagaikinn turned and lifted a mere few feet above the water and flew as fast as he could to the shoreline.

Nerain noticed Nagaikinn making a mad dash for the shore. It screeched and darted after him, its mouth open wide. As this happened, Honti was charging up one of his own attacks: A powerful Dragon Rush. Nerain shot a powerful Shadow Ball at Nagaikinn, attempting to shoot him down so it could get to him.

The Shadow Ball hit poor Nagaikinn full force. If he weren't resistant to the type he'd be floundering in the water at that point. But he was, and he flailed in the air for only a moment before he had tumbled onto the beach. His wing hurt badly, but he'd have to inspect that later. Right now he felt like going to sleep. Yes, that sounded nice. He'd go to sleep then.

Nerain suddenly collided with Honti as it attempted to go in for the kill. Its neck and wings bent awkwardly as it took the damage. Honti fell to the water, making a loud splash as he hit it. Nerain also fell to the water, hitting it soon after Honti did. Honti didn't know this, but no known Nerain could swim. Its claws flailed frantically in the water, attempting to go up, but they weren't connected to its body and provided no propulsion in the water.

((Epic Red dialog! lol but seriously, you should just finish whatever. Nagaikinn has a pretty good reason for sleeping that I shall reveal later.))

Honti started to wrap his body around the Nerain, making it spew bubbles in pain. He smacked it to the surface and watched it float away, whining in defeat. He slowly swam to the shore and flopped there, passing out within seconds with his body still halfway in the water.

Nagaikinn woke up a few hours later. The sun was dipping low and the soft waves were dyed red. "Guh, my wing!" he growled. "Ow! Why does it hurt so bad?" He winced and glared at his left wing. It was twisted at a pitiful position. He tried flapping it, but he was greeted by an awful scraping sound. "Gah! It's broken! My wing is broken!" He flailed around on the sand before just sitting and moping. "Oh Lunathrokon! I'll never fly again!"