Psycho Cat

Fakemon 1x1: animal and PC

Honti hiccuped and woke up, holding himself up with his fins. "Uh...?" He said, panting. He looked over at Nagaikinn. "Your wing's broken?" He asked, still groggy from sitting for too long. He lifted his lower half out of the water and slid forward. All of the humans had fled in fear at this point.

"I guess we can't get human help." He muttered, resting his face in the sand and half-closing his eyes in frustration.

He looked up indignantly. "Human help? I'm glad they're gone. We don't need humans. We need to find some real help. I think I have something at home. I only thank Lunathrokon that it's almost night." Nagaikinn grunted in pain as he tried to get up, but managed. "Come on, we have to get to the forest. It's not too far." he said. He slowly made his way to the treeline, occasionally looking back to see if Honti was following.

"Nagaikinn, that Nerain may still be around. Sure, I gave it a beating, but those things don't give up very easily. It just knows that it doesn't belong in the water, and I do." Honti growled, dragging himself forward lazily. "But we have more things than that to worry about. Moreso these stupid bugs around here." He flailed his fins to repel the mosquitoes.

He looked down at his mangled wing, almost deaf to what Honti had said. "Uh, yeah. Let's go then." Nagaikinn said blankly. He started off into the forest, leaving a trail in the sand.

((Short post is post -_-))

Honti let out a hiss as the mosquitoes landed on him and started flailing more. He darted into the forest and curled around a tree in a similar way to how the Nerain did it.

"Have you ever noticed how many serpentine creatures are in this world?" He suddenly said down to Nagaikinn.

"Yeah, and I have a pretty good idea where, or should I say who, they're all coming from. ((Breaking the forth wall FTW)) But it doesn't really matter. In the end, whether you're skinny or round, long or flat, big or small; In the end, I'm always awesome." A lone Santor flew off deeper into the trees, most likely getting ready to sleep before going hunting on the beach again tomorrow. "This is one of few times I've been tired at night." Nagaikinn sighed. "Oh well. I guess that's not the priority now. The priority is not mangling my poor wing worse than it is. Ever been badly wounded?"

"I don't have wings." Honti rolled his eyes. "But I think I can help you. One of my friends showed me how to mend a broken bone if the need arose." He looked around before glancing back at Nagaikinn. "If you actually want help."

Nagaikinn gave a grumpy mumble in protest but reluctantly flopped onto his belly. "Aright, but don't make anything worse," he growled. "Me not being able to fly would be like you not being able to swim."

Honti nodded with a smile. He grabbed some unidentified herbs and a bunch of long grass. Honti ripped the herbs apart, set them on the grasses, and pressed hard so the healing juices would seep into the grass. He picked up the bundle and wrapped it around Nagaikinn's broken wing. "We're going to need to apply a new one every day." He said. "And if we find a Pokémon able to use Heal Pulse, that'll help heal your wing a lot faster."

"Heal Pulse? Hey wait, I know someone who can use that!" Nagaikinn said excitedly. "All we have to do is go find him. He's a little... off, but if it can help fix my wing I'm willing to put up with him." But right now he was too tired to go all that way. He just wanted to go to sleep. "Let's go home first, though. I'm not staying up another minute."

"Wherever your home is." Honti said. "I can sleep just about anywhere." He curled around a tree and looked back at the beach. He thought for a second. "Who?" He asked down to Nagaikinn, meaning the Pokémon who could possibly use Heal Pulse.

"Well, his name is Noir. He's an Espriteau. He weirds me out, but he's been useful on several occasions. He's not that far from here, but neither is my house and that sounds a lot more tempting right now." Nagaikinn led Honti to a small path that looked as if it had been used often. After about half a mile a giant dead oak came into view. As the two got closer a hole could be made out in the bottom. He crawled inside and a large cavern revealed itself. He briefly wondered if the larger Constriler could fit through.

As Honti approached the tree, it became clear that he could not fit inside. He stuck his head in the hole and looked around before backing out. "This is your home?" He asked, looking at the upper branches of the oak. "It's huge!" Honti exclaimed. "Even for me." He frowned a bit. "You can rest in there. As I said, I can sleep just about anywhere."

"Okay, if you say you can I won't deny you." Nagaikinn replied. He turned to a small pile of musty leaves and he curled up on top of them.

((Again, short post is short.))

Honti yawned. Knowing the oak was dead and possibly brittle, he was careful in curling around it. Soon he nodded off, resting his head between two lower branches and resting peacefully.

When he woke up in the morning Nagaikinn was not happy to be greeted by harsh sunlight. Normally he was going to sleep at this time, not waking up. With an enormous yawn he got up, accidentally straining his wing and he let out a yelp of pain. "Honti?" he called groggily. "Wake up, we have to go now. Or not, whichever works." Quite frankly he would have been just as content to curl back up in his little pile of leaves and go back to sleep.

Honti was startled awake and banged his head on the branch, letting out a small yelp of surprise and then muttering in pain. He looked down at Nagaikinn drowsily. "I-I-I'm awake!" He stuttered. He took a deep breath. "Sorry." Honti carefully untangled himself from the branches and slithered down the trunk of the tree. "Told ya I could sleep just about anywhere." He chuckled.

"Okay then, it should take half a day at most to get there, less if we don't waste any time. We can stop and hunt on the way." Nagaikinn said. He got up and started down a second, less worn down path. "Have you ever met an Espriteau in real life?" he asked. "They're kinda odd, but pretty docile. It's that fact that they're often living with Maltye that make them dangerous. Noir fits the title Solivigant pretty well, though; I always find him alone." He remembered the last time he had visited Noir. It was eerily empty there. Somehow it seemed his mere presence repelled anything with half a mind away from the antisocial Pokemon.

"I've seen a few." Honti said absentmindedly. He kept his fin-hands to his sides and looked around a bit.

"Ever wondered how the Orb Ghost and Sphere Eater Pokémon would get along?" He asked to keep things interesting.

"I've never seen both of them at the same time, but think about it. It would be interesting, for sure."

(He's so open-minded xd.png)

"Well considering Nerain loses its orb I'm sure any member of that family could overpower a Neroite, or even just a Nerurt if they got lucky." he replied. "Even that aside, Granere and his kids are Normal-Type, so they have Ghost immunity. With all such points made, you can guess who I'd put my bets on." Negaikinn concluded. He looked up at the tall surrounding trees. Said Flying-types weren't that uncommon in the woods. And they were just the right size for the hungry Night Glider.

"Those Granere are really powerful." Honti agreed. He continued looking around. He nickered softly and went silent, thinking.

Was it really such a good idea to leave my post? He wondered. Honti noticeably stiffened.

It could have come back by now! Honti thought, clenching his jaw.

He sensed Honti stiffen. "Hey, did you step on a thorn or something?" Nagaikinn asked. "You seem tense." He stopped and turned to look at him. "Really tense. Do you hate Granere?"

((Sorry if I sometimes take awhile to reply. I'm often playing Minecraft or RPing elsewhere between posts.))

Honti was about to point out that he couldn't step on a thorn, but then Nagaikinn asked another question.

"I, uh..." He clenched his jaw tighter. "No, I don't hate Granere. One of my closer friends is one." He said, lowering his gaze. "Don't mind me. My own mind tends to wander."

"Kay then," he said reluctently. "If you say. Let's go then." Nagaikinn turned back to the path and continued. "You know, I've never met a guy like you. As in, you're tolerable and you like humans. I've met plenty of one or the other, but not both. I guess that's just the result of being feral. Oh well." He sighed. He'd never fess up to being lonely, especially not to someone he met yesterday, but sometimes he wished he could. But his pride was worth more to him than the giant oak he lived in.

"I don't necessarily like humans, but I tolerate them and ask them for help if I am completely unable to solve a problem on my own." He replied. "You're rather interesting, as well." Honti admitted. "Cold at times, but still caring... You remind me of someone." He smiled softly and looked away as pride filled his eyes. "That someone was named Hunter."