Pyrowings

Favorite video game music

World of Goo has an amazing OST -

And so does Supreme Commander -

Metal Gear Rising has a neat techno-metal-thing soundtrack -

As much as I dislike Undertale for its fanbase, I will admit that the music is pretty catchy for its genre (which I don't generally enjoy).

Edited by SogYothoth

I love the soundtrack for the old PS1 Spyro games, I get such nostalgia when I hear them, and I can usually name which game/level its off, ect. :3

But I've played so many games I can't list them all

Alice Madness Returns, I loved the creepy classical sort of vibe

Portal/Portal 2 I loved the electronic sort of feeling, I mean - even things such as the gels playing music when you run on them, ect, it was really well done imo.

The original Alien Trilogy is also extremely awesome soundtrack, even now when I hear it I get tense xd.png

And of course, the Silent Hill Series has some awesome pieces of music (especially 1-4)

Edited by Trickseh

This is so cliche, but i'm in love with Skyrim's soundtrack. It's so dynamic! It always helps me relax. Some others I like as well..

Undertale - The creator used the music in a way that's supposed to make you feel certain ways at certain points in the game, and it works! It's also very stylistic.

Portal/Portal 2 - The industrial sound of the scoring in these games is subtle and addictive. Also, Ellen McLain has a fantastic ending theme for both!

Dragon Age Inquistion - The first part of this game had some amazing scores in it, especially during the cinematic sequences.

GALAGA'S MUSIC IS GOOD AND WHOLESOME OK

but seriously i love retro game music from like arcades and stuff it reminds me of good timse

The soundtrack for Harvest December for the 3DS is really good. In addition there are the OSTs for Blazblue, Super Robot Wars (Particularly Dark Prison, the theme of Shu Shirakawa and THE GRANZON!!!!) 

Didn't bother to check the previous pages, but I could listen to SWTOR's score until the end of time, and it would never get old.

honestly this is probably expected but i love the original spyro trilogy ost by stewart copeland,,, it's so good. dotd also had some Good soundtrack pieces that are really whimsy and homey-like, i love it.

okami is probably another fave. the music is so good, and i used to play all the time so when i hear it, it's super nostalgic.

another one is acnl, and just the animal crossing series in general. it's such gentle ambient sounds and music and i could listen to it forever tbh.

LAST but not least would be the mass effect OST (all of them).

I very much enjoy the more relaxing music from Zelda games.  Right now I love to draw to music from Breath of the Wild.  My favorite is Inside Vah Naboris with 4 terminals active.

However, many games out there have music that is completely legendary.  I think Chrono Trigger has the best video game soundtrack ever created.

The music from Red Dead Redemption and Monster Hunter comes to mind immediately, though I do like Fall of Cybertron’s music also.

Edited by Dorchet

Does Voez count..? Imma say it does. Here are my favorites. (My username is inspired by one)

Leviathan:

Noel:

Like Asian Spirit:

My favorite video game music will probably be the Undertale soundtrack, because that game means a lot to me since it was the first PC game I ever bought. Plus, it's really good!

The Super Metroid soundtrack and the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum soundtrack are some of my favourites to listen to. The Super Mario 64 ost is a close contender, though.

The entire soundtrack for Vampyr. I loved the music so much I bought it, and listen to it frequently, specifically; The Struggle, The Thirst, The Funerals, and Insane Family are some of my most loved from the game. ❤️

I also love everything with vocals from the .hack//G.U. games. :wub:

Bloodborne has an amazing ost. Gehrman the first hunter, lady Maria of the astral clocktower,Ludwig the accursed/holy blade, living failures, and Laurence the first vicar are just highlights in the ost.

There are so many good ones, but a few of my favorites are:

Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild: I love that it remakes many of the old soundtracks from earlier games (such as Death Mountain and Rito VIllage)

Undertale: The combination between old time video game soundtracks and completely original techno beats is stellar

Persona 5: I haven't actually played this game, but I fell in love with the soundtrack when my sister first played and now its a permanent part of my playlist

Horizon Zero Dawn: What's to say? This music itches a scratch I didn't know I had.

I've also found that listening to video game soundtracks is excellent study music (especially Legend of Zelda ambience). My theory is that video game music is designed to increase focus and minimize outside distractions, so listening to it while studying or writing helps me focus on my work. Also, with the exception of Persona 5, most of my favorites are purely instrumental which means I don't get distracted by singing along. ;) 

In addition to others I have mentioned before:

Horizon: Zero Dawn - especially the Frozen Wilds specific music, though all of it is great.  Combined with the beautiful environments, I can't help but intentionally slow-walk through parts(again, especially Frozen Wilds up in the snow covered peeks)

I have also been enjoying the music for Hades.

red dead redemption 2. its always so peaceful...all the soundtracks are amazing. especially crash of worlds.