Luckyclaw

The Academy

When Felic told them to go to the hall, Lorf immediately moved to go to the door. Already there may as well have been no other eggs in the room. He choose this one, he would not go back on it. He may not have been the smartest of (lizards), but he was not indecisive. At this point there was not reason to consider anymore, no talk of connections will change his mind, the only thing he thought about now is how long it would take the others to decide. The more he learned about them, the better.

Edited by na82008

Broken out of his trance James turned towards the voice, seeing a very pretty girl with golden wings.

"Oh, hi!" He said, his smile returning to his face. He began to circle her, holding his egg in his hand.

"Do you really have wings? Wow. If my father saw you he'd probably make you his wife. Some of my older brothers might as well, though I think my oldest brother is a bit older than you," James said, tapping his chin thoughtfully. He paused as he heard what appeared to be a scream, he''d been hearing other things but he'd chosen to ignore them. But a scream was something different, it enticed fear, danger. Something that would draw many curious eyes, and if James could be described as anything; it would be curious.

He grabbed his bag and quickly swung it around, and placed his egg inside. The material, like his clothes, was made of a special type of fabric that allowed a snow wights ethereal properties to pass onto it. James pulled the strings on his bag and smiled at Cassandra.

"Be right back," He said, merrily. He turned and walked into the wall behind him, he gazed around and recalling where he heard the scream from, made his way through the supports. He stopped, and carefully positioned his eye up against the outside and slowly phased through. He was surprised to see several people, and more dragons. His eyes brightened and he pulled out a sketching pad and, his eyes never leaving the nearest dragon, began to draw.

Dain was on the floor. Tears were welling up in his eyes and his chest pounded against his ribs as he laughed. But that was when he heard the foot steps. He heard the demand, and saw the dragon in full run with a mouth full of fire ready. Dain isn't very careless and nine times out of ten remembers things like the dragon companion. However this time, he didn't. Immediately Luz jumped up and flew to the safety of the higher ground, not having much combat capabilities. Dain however stood his ground. He had a plan on how to pin down the dragon and be able to then calm him.

However his plan was never meant to be. One moment he was moving into a stance and the next his is being shoved from that stance into the wall by another dragon. Dain grunted and looked up. He was trying to figure out why exactly he was pushed to the floor. From his point of view he could only tell that it was Sorge, Felic's dragon. Damn! was the only thing that went through Dain's mind. He struggled against Sorge, fighting to get out from under the wing. Right as he did though, his heart stopped and fell to the floor. There was a teacher.

The teacher wasn't anything special in his opinion, just some power hunger professor wanting to take credit for stopping a fight to get a promotion. Dain stood silently, ignoring the teachers questions. Whether he did it on purpose or though they were rhetorical you wouldn't know. He made his way to Tatsuke to kneel next to him. "Yo, Tatsie, you ok? Or are you going to fire another bolt of lightning my way? Which by the way, was incredible."

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

"You have no need to apologize to me, Dogan, but I do forgive your actions nonetheless. Dain is whom I do not forgive and where I see the fault rests..." While Dogan seemed to only pronounce constants, Sorge appeared to have a better grasp of speaking but not very clearly; she had a faint hiss in some of her words, much like a talking snake might. This honestly irritated her to no end, hearing such an imperfection no matter how much she practiced to make it disappear.

Feeling Miss Lorelei's gaze upon her scales, Sorge faintly shifted her wings. She had no damage done, merely a few small patches of extra warmth against her hide. "We do apologize for disturbing the quiet of the school, Miss Aoi. Aren't we, Dain?" There was a hinted warning in the dragon's tone, alerting the vampire to tread carefully or he might find himself in a more troubling situation. In Sorge's mind, Dain had no right to call himself Tatsuke's friend; friends didn't exploit such strong phobias in another individual and then make light of the situation. To the dragon, he was a disgusting soul and she would have preferred to seem him roasted like savory turkey, but then that was just an insult to the large bird. Why did she protect him then? She wasn't truly; she was looking out for Dogan. He would have been in more trouble by Lorelei if he had succeeded in harming Dain.

"Calm down Sorge... You're leaving behind a disturbing taste..."

Oh! "Sola, I'm sorry. I won't think on the matter any longer than I need to." Sometimes, the young dragon forgot her own emotions and would let them run. Felic told her not to apologize for this, stating that he preferred for her to feel what she felt, but she made him agree to tell her if she ever started to get too upset about something.

"Are you hurt?" Pain was a physical and mental condition but, it wasn't something Felic could pick up very well as an emotion.

"I'm untouched, Sola. Miss Aoi stopped Dogan before any harm could be done." She knew he was relieved but his heart wouldn't truly be at ease until he saw her for himself. The Empath just worried so much and fretted about little things no matter if it were Sorge, Sin, or anyone else. It was a trait good to have but, the dragon always held concern for the amount of needless stress Felic would create for himself.

"Miss Aoi? Will you be in the Auditorium to meet the new students?" She figured she might as well ask while the teacher was there. Some of the instructors would show up and some wouldn't; not all of them were even here on campus yet.

Looking down at her egg, Cassie hoped that she had chosen the right one. She felt a connection there, at least she thought she did… but this would be a lifelong commitment. What if they didn't get along or something went wrong? Would her parents approve? Cassie had no idea how long she would be staying here, but she was hoping that it wouldn't be too long. Her friends, her family, the hot springs and all that she would be missing out on. All that drama, dating and gossip…she would be behind, even if she regularly wrote to them as she had promised.

"A wife…? I would be flattered…but would have to decline." Desperatly trying to cover up her shocked face at his comments, Cassie attempted to maneuverer herself out of the awkwardness. Diplomacy had never really been her strong point.

"Well, bye then." Forcing the same polite smile onto her face, Cassie watched as he walked through the wall. Everyone around here seemed to have so many talents, and Cassie was feeling incredibly unprepared.

She could hear the screams from far away, but if there was one thing Cassie knew about violence, it was to keep out of it. Making enemies was not high on her list, and she didn't fancy her chances in a physical fight against some of the people here. No, it was better to stick with the main group and not make a bad impression on the first day.

Lorelei gave a stern glare to Dain for the way he behaved before closing her eyes and sighing slightly and reopening them to look over the group. "Yes I'll be in the auditorium, till then though, I would like you to all resume your job of looking out for the new students while they find their partners. You don't seem to be doing the best job of that right now," Aoi said in near glacial tone. She patiently waited for a response from one of the students in front of her, formulating her own opinions about them.

Tatsuke didn't do so much as look at Dain. His body was still shaking and his lip was being chewed down to the muscle. The human boy was hurt and upset by what Dain did. Tatsuke was always gentle, tried to be as kind as he could and never took advantage of others, but he could never shake off his extreme reaction to the sight of dragons no matter how hard he tried. First Luz scared him to the point where he had to flee like a coward, and then Dain intentionally went to scare him with something he was beyond scared of. He took advantage of him and embarrassed him, then on top of it he was laughing at his fear.

Already swirling with shame and sorrow, Tatsuke's belly tasted rage. Dain had no idea what he'd seen or been through, and no right to use him for cheap amusement. Especially not when he used a dragon to accomplish his means... the same beings that he was trying to learn to accept and coexist with. He didn't keep grudges and tried to let bygones be bygones... but Dain wasn't even apologizing as soon as he saw just how horrible his fear was. That was not someone he wanted to associate himself with...

He was still quivering, and his skin was still clammy and cold. But Tatsuke pulled himself to his feet steadily. Still not casting Dain one glance. He picked up the clipboard slowly, drawing it to his chest like a tablet of law. "I am sorry..." Tatsuke's eyes were closed this time to hide the deep regret and shame he had for himself, and the hurt he felt from Dain's careless actions. He wanted no one to know how close he was to tears. Tears were signs of weakness, and he didn't want to cry here. It would make him look weak and unstable... even more weak and unstable than he already surely looked. "I will go end what I start.." his next sentence was obviously aimed at Dain, but he still didn't look at him when he said it. "..This will no happen again."

The good thing about having horrible fears was that one got used to getting knocked down... it made him learn to way to get back up. Even when he was still lightly shivering and keeping control of his tears. From Dogan's spot, at least ten feet away and getting further and further as the silver dragon gave his partner space, two purple eyes looked at Tatsuke with wordless admiration. When the human walked by him to go to the hatchery where the other students were, the silver dragon followed suit from a distance. Once Tatsuke's back was turned towards everyone, he let his brave face go into the miserable frown that felt so natural right now.

~

Sin looked at the clock. They were twenty minutes off schedule, and while five or ten minutes off-schedule wouldn't bother her twenty sure did. With a frustrated rumble she turned to Felic, "Hold down the fort, I'm going to get the clipboard myself." She should have known better than to send Dain after a scared, defenseless human.

Guess it was true, she mused as she turned a corner down the hallway, if you wanted something done right you do it yoursel- nyaAaAh.

She turned right into the face of the Nihounese male. His skin was still pale and up close she could see he was still trembling the slightest bit. Most disturbing of all, he had a face so drained and sad she would have sworn he just came back from the war. Or a Justinian Beever concert. What the heck did Dain do to this poor kid? "Tatsuke, are you all right...?" He nodded, "I am right. Can still do attendance." Somehow, the Azazel didn't fully believe him. She crossed her arms and was about to say something contrary, but was cut off, "Sin... you knowing me by now." "..." "I must. Sin, move..."

He tried to step around her, but she moved to block him. Her silver eyes met his shifty golden gaze, commanding in the way an alpha wolf watches over her pack. "Tatsuke... if I see you waver, even once, I swear to all three of my arcane gods that I will knock you out and drag you to the health office myself. Do I make myself clear?"

He understood she only had the best intentions. Timidly, he gave a small smile and nodded.

~

Sin came into the room, Tatsuke and the all mighty trailing behind her checking off all the names that Tatsuke had missed earlier. "...and Cass has the black dragon. Is that everyone? No..." There was one missing... one male who never seemed to be quiet... "Hey! Where did that other kid go? The Snow Wight," She turned looked at Tatsuke's clipboard for his name, "James?"

James looked up from his work as he heard his name being called, while being muffled by the walls he could hear it clearly. He sighed as he looked down at his sketch; he 'd never been good at art, especially quick drafts like this. He closed his pad and put it away. He then leaned out of the wall, so that his head could clearly be seen by the teacher and those she was addressing.

"You don't have to worry about us mam," he said smiling. "Most of us have gotten our partners by now, we were just waiting for the seniors to come back," He continued. He'd seen what the teacher could do, and so as not to incur her wrath he quickly stuck his head back into the wall and made his way back to the others. Emerging from the wall he saw a girl with slightly pale skin and claws holding a clip board, clearly she'd been the one to call for him.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see all the commotion," He apologized. James reached into his bag and pulled out his egg, hoisting it up, like a trophy.

"Here's my egg, safe and sound... also don't call me a kid," He said frowning.

"I'm not sure how your race ages but for mine 281 is considered a young adult in our culture. Unless your an elder by yours it seems a little rude to be calling me a child," James said. He hugged his egg close to him and rested his chin against the surface. He could feel the warmth of the egg radiating through, probably not the warmth of a fire, he'd heard that some dragons explode out of their eggs. Just the warmth of a living body inside, he smiled, wondering what the dragon was going to be like when it finally emerged.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Lorf looked into the hatchery. what happened to leaving once we selected our eggs? He'd listened the roaring and screaming but he couldn't work out what had happened. Perhaps someone had died? no, it didn't seem that serious. Lorf walked back into the hatchery. Perhaps they were simply indecisive again and argued about not having us go into the hall once we selected out eggs. Next time i shouldn't be so quick to act. He simply stayed in the shadow of the entryway again. They don't need to notice that he left in the first place. He was more comfortable in this part of the room anyway.

Edited by na82008

Cassie knew that the black egg was the one for her. The more she held it, the more she was convinced that she needed it, and she found her hand rubbing slowly over the surface of the egg, although she was unsure whether that was to reassure the egg or herself. Hearing the instructions, Cassie obediently walked through into the hallway, still cradling the egg.

As her dominant hand was caught up with holding the egg, Cassie used her left hand to shakily push back the gleaming locks behind her ear once more. Her hair had escaped from the tight curls that it was held in, giving her a slightly more mussed appearance, and Cassie hoped that by tucking it behind her head, it would look tidier. Smoothing down the imaginary wrinkles which had cropped up in her dress, Cassie stretched out her wings, which were tense from being drawn into her back for so long.

Although Cassie's arms ached slightly from holding the egg in the same position for so long, she was unwilling to put it down on the ground. While her eyes kept on scanning the hallway, in particular the hatchery door, they always ended up gazing once more at the dragon egg that lay in her arms.

"Hello little one." She murmured to the dragon egg, but immediately as she had said that she regretted it. Checking around to see if anyone had overheard, she forced herself to concentrate back onto her surroundings.

The girl who seemed to be in charge – Sin – had checked her off, and Cassie was slightly relived that she was not making any ripples in the water yet. As she wondered what would be happening next, Cassie's thoughts turned to that of what would come the next day.

Luke looked at the hatchery and the wide variety of eggs in there. There were big ones, small ones, colourful ones and dark ones. He thought it was absurd to choose just one out of all these varieties but rules are rules. Just before he was about to pick up a shiny egg that was placed in front of him, he felt a strong tug coming from the corner. He went to the corner and found a small, dark egg. Now that he was closer to the egg, it seemed as if the egg had its own gravitational pull. He picked it up and hurried out of the hatchery.

Luke came out of the hatchery and stood in the hallway. He looked closer at the egg that he had chosen. Why was it so dark? He turned the warm egg about to try to get a better look and found two blue slashes going across the egg. It was bright on the dark background colour and Luke found it somewhat charming. He couldn't explain why he chose this egg. It wasn't what his normal choice would be yet he somehow felt connected to it and pulled towards it. The egg gave off such an emotional connection to him that Luke didn't have time to inspect the other eggs. Like the egg was meant for him.

Luke held the egg up to his ears and heard a soft pounding sound. "It must be the heart" He thought. The very presence of the egg was warm and comforting, a feeling that didn't normally occur to Luke. Why would an oval shell be so welcoming? He couldn't understand it but still held the egg close to him.

There were several others close to him, all looking at their eggs with curiosity or holding it close like himself. He didn't make an effort to interact with anyone as soon as he had come to the Academy. He just placed his luggage in his room and waited there for the next call. Outside the hatchery, there was one girl who seemed to be talking to her egg for a bit. Although Luke found it amusing, he didn't think any more of it and just waited. He let his thoughts drift away into the unknown.

"God, I need my violin right now" he muttered.

Edited by Drakonspite

Sin raised an eyebrow, a little bit of amusement welling up in her chest as James told her not to call him a kid. "I'm not calling you a child. I'm callin' ya 'kid'. It doesn't mean you're a baby, it just means I'm sort of like your upperclassman mentor as far as school goes. If you don't want me to call you 'kid', then what should I call you?"

Tatsuke behind her checked off James and his egg on the roster. He was used to Sin's gruffness at this point even though he wasn't a close friend of hers. He knew she came from some backwater town in the Azazel nation, knew she was surprisingly good at checkers, and knew she palled around with Felic. He also knew how informal and blunt she always was with other students, but her reputation for that was legendary. All the seniors knew about that. "All here did choose eggs." He poked Sin's back with his pencil. When she turned, he just tapped his clipboard and didn't bother to really say anything. He felt it was obvious.

"'Kay, Jay. I have to do senior things now." She told him before she backed off and walked to a further spot in the hall where she wasn't surrounded. Then the Azazel cleared her throat and announced, "Everyone seems to have chosen their eggs! You may have many questions and concerns, and if you do don't worry. They'll all be answered at the end of orientation if you still have them." She put a hand behind her back and gestured her free hand to Tatsuke, who timidly glanced from side to side not enjoying the sudden attention. "Before we go on, tell Tatsuke here what room number you'll be taking. Every room can hold two people comfortably and they can be changed for people who need it hotter, or colder or whatever, than usual. You can choose any room number from 1 to 100, except numbers 50 and 100. Once you've chosen and tell Tatsuke, the key will literally poof out of thin air. Like this-" She had gotten Kaio to temporarily remove her claim on her room for this example. "Sixty-six!" She held her hand out, and the jingling of keys was suddenly audible. A keyring with two keys fell from the ceiling with no prior warning, not a puff of smoke or an opening in the ceiling, nothing. They landed perfectly in her palm. "...Of course they don't fall that easily into your hand unless you're used to it. So just try to make sure they don't land on your heads."

Edited by Luckyclaw

After hearing Sin's ever cheerful announcement, Luke stood upright from where he was leaning and walked over to Tatsuke. He thought about where his room should be. He wanted somewhere quiet but quite close to the auditorium at the same time. Being too close to the auditorium might be too loud for his likings but being too far from where Music classes were held would be undesirable as well. He finally decided on floor 60.

"I'd like floor 60 please. No need for any changes to the room." He said to Tatsuke. Yes, floor 60. He liked the sound of that. He heard a clang as a key popped into existence behind him. Sighing, he picked it up and shoved it in his pocket. Luke went back to his position and inspected his egg a bit more. When will it hatch? he thought to himself. Hopefully soon. Hopefully.

Edited by Drakonspite

Autumn had followed along well enough to hear the explanation about getting a room from Sin's explanation. Frowning slightly, Autumn gave her choice as she declared, "I will take room seventeen." There was a sharp pop and clatter behind her as her key appeared and dropped to the floor behind her. After turning and retrieving her key, Autumn examined the object to find the golden colored key engraved with the number '17'.

After she slipped her key into a pocket of her outfit, Autumn looked to Sin as she asked, "So will all our stuff just be there by magic or do we need to get it ourselves? And is there anything else we need to do afterwards, or can we rest?"

Tatsuke wrote the rooms of the students next to their names and dragons on his clipboard, nodding and smiling as he wrote down each one. This was relaxing for him, writing down numbers and matching them to names. It was simply something to learn and by the end of the day he would know all of the new students and their locations. Slowly, a genuinely content look settled over his face as he wrote sixty and seventeen by 'Autumn' and 'Luke'.

He didn't even think of the possibility that someone might choose his room.

Seamus didn't have any strong puzzlement about the current situation, everything seemed perfectly linear and straightforward to him. The only thing he had any strong opinion on was the whole idea of keys falling from the sky... was it really so hard to just physically give keys to students or were they just trying to be magical? With the blue egg tucked away under his coat, he approached the human, "Room 30, please and thank you!" Seamus couldn't wait for the moment where he could go to his new quarters and just not have to look at anyone anymore for the rest of the day. "Oh, and my room has to be super damp. Practically underwater." if his room was as dry as these halls, he would shrivel up into a slimy husk and die permanently. The keys fell from the ceiling without a good jingle of warning, so Sin's warning was for naught. They landed right of his head and then they made a jingle. Wonderful.

"Those who left their luggage in the foyer will find their stuff is already in their rooms. It's another one of those weird things that happens around here. After the orientation is done, you have the option to greet your new teachers and eat some snacks that have been left out, or you can just go to sleep." Sin answered Autumn's questions as they waited for everyone else to finish, and her arms crossed absentmindedly. She quickly pondered if the luggage was moved magically or if the jittery janitor was behind it all. "Either way, everyone'll be in bed in the next three or four hours. Have you looked out the window lately? It's later than it feels."

Edited by Luckyclaw

Lorf watched as some of the others pick rooms. Rooms, what room should i pick? He already knew what modifications it would need. This place was much colder than anywhere he had ever been. He waked forward. "Room 27, and could you make it hotter with slightly dryer air?" He put his left hand out because his right hand was holding the egg. He heard the sound of metal on stone as the keys landed a foot to the left of his hand. He bent over and picked it up, then went back to where he was standing before. why can't the keys appear in our hands? Lorf thought.

If she was not mistaken, Silmarwen had arrived the latest. She was very curious about everyone and everything around her and would have spent more time observing if she had not been late. But she was quite tardy and had to proceed with the more important things first.

By the time she was in the hatchery, most of the students had already chosen their eggs. She looked upon the sea of eggs before her. A blue egg that sat in the center was the first to catch her eye. It looked like an elegant sapphire and she would have taken it, but it was very important to her for her chosen egg to have a semblance of fire, the most revered element for the fire elves. She browsed through the eggs, looking for something crimson in color. But while her eyes searched, her body felt the heat of a fell flame emanating from an egg. Turning towards the direction where she had sensed it, her gaze focused on a maroon egg with tiny wisps of smoke rising from it. Without hesitation, Silmarwen picked the egg up. The intense heat of the egg delighted her. She wondered if there were any other eggs like this one in the hatchery and if she already held the best of its kind. As she began to search for another, the egg in her hand shook. Well, I suppose that you are the one. Silmarwen thought to herself. Pleased at the choice she has made, she headed out of the hatchery with the rest of the students.

~~~

"I would like to take room 21." Silmarwen lifted her arm and opened her hand expectantly, looking up to see where the key would appear. She failed to see anything but in a second, something landed at the palm of her hand. She observed the golden key and checked if it indicated the number 21 in any way. Content at receiving the right key, she held on to it and waited for further instructions.

In the meantime, her eyes lingered to her surroundings. She looked at the Azazel's red hair, which reminded her of her own people. Then, Silmarwen's gaze fell upon the strange human with the clipboard. The fact that he was a Human made her uneasy and she quickly shifted her gaze to the Telumnus nearby. Another Human, she thought, looking away after recognizing his features. Finally, her eyes chanced upon the Icari who seemed to be engrossed in admiring her dragon egg. She was a marvel to behold. Silmarwen stared on.

Despite the mix of excitement and uneasiness that she felt, Silmarwen maintained the usual stern look on her face, hiding her true emotions.

Edited by Natevaelle

As Cassie looked up from the egg, she listened intently to the rooming requirements. Some people had already chosen their rooms, and for a second Cassie froze, wondering if it would be appropriate for her to ask to share with someone. Cassie was used to sleeping in a room of her own, but that often left her feeling lonely and isolated, and she would rather change that habit given the opportunity. Yet Cassie didn't want to choose somebody who would resent her presence, or impose herself on somebody, because sharing a room with someone who hated your presence would be horrible.

Checking down on the dragon egg that lay in her arms, Cassie wondered if that would be enough to keep her company throughout her time here. Looking up again, she could see a girl of elven blood staring at her. While Cassie could not identify the girl's exact subspecies, she seemed tidy enough, and Cassie deduced that she would make a suitable roommate for her.

Seeing as the girl was already looking at her, Cassie found it easy to take a few steps towards her, making sure that she was smiling the entire way.

"Hi. I'm Cassandra Sunsoar. Cassie for short." Doing the precautionary check that her dragon egg and ring were still on her person, Cassie looked back up at the girl.

"Do you happen to be in need of a roommate?"

Silmarwen stared pensively at the Icari when all of a sudden, their eyes met and she began to walk towards her, smiling. Silmarwen's trail of thought was broken as she began to anxiously come up with what to say to the the girl who was approaching. She felt the lump of anxiety forming in her throat.

"Greetings," Silmarwen blurted blandly, after Cassie introduced herself. Speaking relieved the anxiety. "I am Silmarwen Dragonflame," she continued, sounding more cordial now. "It is a great pleasure to meet you."

Silmarwen wanted to have a room to herself, just like the way it was back at home in Astraloth. However, she realized that it would be best if Cassie was her roommate. First of all, she was not Human. Second, she was elegant and interesting. Third, she seemed kind. Perhaps they could be friends and learn a lot of things from one another.

"I believe that there is space for one more in the room that I have chosen. I would be very pleased to have you as my roommate." Silmarwen managed to break the expressionless look on her face with a quaint smile.

Edited by Natevaelle

"It is nice to meet you, Silmarwen Dragonflame. And thank you for accepting me." Cassie smiled, grateful that she had not been left in an awkward situation of being refused. Looking up at the ceiling, Cassie hesitated slightly, then spoke carefully, each word said in a forceful and commanding tone.

"Room 21 please." Cassie held out her hand expectantly, and for a second there was nothing but silence. Then out of the corner of her eye she saw something golden fall down, and reached to catch it, only to hear the clatter of metal on the floor below. Blushing slightly, Cassie bent down, wings neatly extending outwards in order to maintain her balance, and picked up the key. Relieved to see that it had the number 21 engraved into the helm, Cassie immediately went to pocket it, only to realise that she had no pockets on her outfit. As her left hand was occupied with the large black egg, she made do with clutching onto it with her right hand. Once she had righted herself, Cassie once more turned to the girl.

"Is that your dragon companion? The egg is lovely."

James tapped his foot angrily, he was looking around at all the other people, as they began to choose their rooms. He was uncertain of himself, he enjoyed company and he wouldn't mind being around someone else. However, he did not know any of these people that well. Whats more being the prince of a race that was so recently separated from all of the others made him worry that his mannerisms would be too different from others. He mentally shrugged, while he was a prince and therefore a higher class than the majority of the people here, he was a very casual person, he wasn't likely to get the throne for at least a couple of millenia, if he lived that long.

He looked around, he doubted that the water person would be able to have company, the winged girl... Cassandra had just gotten partnered up with someone. His eyes flicked across the room, he was still unsure of what to do. James let out a large sigh, his shoulders slumping.

"Room... uh, 53" James said, uncertainly. He heard a clink and looked down, the key had fallen through his hand.

"Calm down," James said angrily to himself. He squatted down and attempted to pick of the key, only to find his hand flow through the floor.

"Damnit, this hasn't happened in years!," He cried in anguish. James stopped moving and shut his eyes, slowly breathing. He felt the coldness in his hand diminish slightly. Sighing, he reached down and scooped up the key, annoyed with himself. He looked around, maybe there was still someone left to go with, he wondered to himself.

"Cool. I get a roommate!" Soria was hovering at the edge of the gathered students, watching as they began selecting their rooms and mostly fumbling to catch their keys. "Don't worry, Duordin sleeps in the dragons' quarters near the stables since he doesn't fit in the bedroom anymore. So, you won't need to fear being crushed by an energetic reptile during the night." The young witch smiled, moving to James's side as she spoke. With ease, she quickly gathered her long hair up in her hands and began to braid it, ignoring the few strands that failed to be caught and hung at the sides of her face. "So, tell me: what do you think of the place? You excited? When I first got here, I was actually a day late because the mail carrier failed to deliver my invitation on schedule. I was out of breath when I selected my egg!" Soria didn't look upset about the situation, appearing to laugh silently through her smile instead.

[[.-. oh gosh... I can't think of anything else... *smashes head against a brick wall* x.x]]

[[Of course! ^^ We do have an OOC thread as well so feel free to chat there smile.gif

Just be sure you're caught up on everything! smile.gif]]

"Wait," James said holding up his hand.

"You mean I get to share a room with someone who already has a hatched dragon!?" James asked, his voice dramatically raised in pitch. He began to run on the spot with excitement. "Oh god-ohgod-ohgod. This is amazing!" James cried out happily. "I wonder what my brothers would thing knowing that I'm sharing a place with a girl?" He asked himself. He waved it aside, "They'd be jealous... or would they? My eldest brother gets to be king if my dad ever dies. Plus, he's married... so are my other older brothers," James sighed.

"Oh well," He said, his grin returning. "I get to be at a pristine academy, where I can learn about other cultures, meet new friends. And I get a dragon, they don't have dragons! Actually wait, there was a dragon guest at one of the weddings," James stopped when he remembered that this girl had just asked him a question. He rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah I'm excited! James by the way, if you didn't know. And I didn't know the dragons sleep separately, that's real depressing. Can't Duordin stay with us, I fall through my bed when I sleep so I don't need to worry about being crushed, I can also wrap him in some of my cloth so he can just phase through the walls... actually I might not have enough".

At that moment the years of etiquette training resurfaced in James's mind and he stopped talking and took a deep breath.

"Haha," He laughed nervously. "I'm really sorry, I have a tendency to get lost in my words. It's nice to meet you, my race was only recently discovered by the others and I guess I was just a bit nervous. Apart from diplomatic talks, this is really the first time a member of the Snow Wights have properly interacted with others... so I have to make a good impression," James's voice slowly trailed off. He shook himself.

"I didn't know that the rooms would be co-ed... wouldn't this cause awkward situations?" James asked.

[Don't worry I do that all the time, although my walls aren't brick. This is why it's great to play a bumbling character like James, cause my mind can flow... as such I get off topic a lot...]