Luckyclaw

The Academy

Bong! Bong! Bong! Bong!

The copper school bell rang, sending reverberations across the hill into the forest beyond. Sitting atop the school was a bell that had most likely seen over a century of new life and falling leaves, as large as the ancient timekeepers that hung aloft in the tower of Notre Dame and as authoritative as the Bell of Liberty. The bells sounded out to the world that the time was now 9:00 AM, and it was time to get to first period.

~~~

Tatsuke

Cafeteria

Tatsuke only needed one glance at the board to know he had won, so despite the bells he pressed on. Three more decisive clicks as the black piece clapped against the board, landing into place into a four-piece ambush against Dain's last two game pieces. Just one square away from the remaining ruby pieces, every black stone would be able to claim a scarlet one as soon as Dain made a move. Even if the vampire caught one of the black pieces, the other three would check the final opposing piece. The Nihounese human did it again.

Not addressing the situation quite yet, Tatsuke rose and politely bowed. As he rose, it seemed as if he wasn't going to say anything on the topic, but then after a glossy glint of wise and quick consideration in his golden eyes, he did. "I have fears I cannot control, while I mention sometime you never know how afraid I am. Everyone have mistake now and then... as no one is godlike. It is a thing that makes us same at heart." No, meek and gentle Tatsuke didn't have a silver spirit with glowing golden courage, he had a white heart. It was sooner in his nature to forgive than it was to hold to anger. He clung to other emotions, but rarely to rage. "I was hurt by your no-care, but do not do it again, and I am forgiveful. That is what friends do, yes?"

Now, he started to make for gym. "Let's go to class, lateness looks bad on final grades."

~~

Seamus

A freakishly loud bell sounded suddenly, which made Seamus flinch for a moment until he realized it was just a bell. Jeez, could they make it any more apparent that classes were starting?! The Draug picked up his tray and placed it back at the lunch line, then put his hand into his damp pockets and followed the senior students to the courtyard. It must be loud so that any sleeping students got woken up, and anyone who wandered away from the school knew to rush back. Yeah, when he thought of it like that it made sense. He nodded to himself as if to confirm his own thoughts.

~~~

Sin

It seemed just as they sat down, they had to get back up. Sin didn't even have the time to say anything to Felic, and her meat had gone almost untouched. That was unheard of considering how fast of an eater the Azazel was. She grumbled at her plate, grabbing the biggest apple from the tray before she placed the still-fresh food back at the food line. "Shortest. Bell. Ever." This probably meant the Azazel wasn't going to be functioning at full capacity later in the day. But, the quick muncher she was, she had at least finished two apples and was able to grab a third so she would at least have a good run during gym. Maybe she should start getting up earlier...

James looked up at Soria and smiled, "Sorry but I'll meet you at the courtyard, I'm really hungry". James apologized as he enthusiastically plucked a grape from it's stem. He watched as Soria hurried off towards the dragon quarters slightly regretting not going with her, seeing where the majority of the dragons sleep would be a very enlightening event. James felt his stomach emit a painful growl and, sighing with contempt, moved from the fruit to the more filling baked goods.

James sat up out of the floor as he finished off the remainder of the food. He heard the bell chime and looked up shocked, how long had he been eating. James placed the plate down and ran out of the cafeteria towards the courtyard. He stopped as he looked around, he should have followed Soria; this place is huge! James stopped and thought of the introduction they had all received yesterday, painting a mental map of the Academy in his head. Briefly miming the directions to himself, James finalised the direction and hurried down towards the courtyard. He sighed with happiness as he saw the students all gathered, he easily potted Soria's mass of purple hair and hurried over.

"Sorry for leaving you, I was hungry, I had a nice meal yesterday but on my trip here I barley ate anything. I was just so excited," James said, apologetically. "So what do we do in gym? I understand it's physical, do we play sports? I'm a master of hide and seek... but does that count as a sport? I hope so," James shut himself up. Calmly he spun his bag around and admired the egg inside the material. Reaching inside he briefly stroked the shell.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Mizuki: Student

Cafeteria -> Courtyard

"So, I'm in my first class at the Academy..." thought Mizuki as she had just arrived at the courtyard shortly after the bells rang, which signaled the students to get to first period. She had all the things she needed before she even went to the cafeteria, put in her small packable bag, which were her change of clothes, footwear, a water bottle and face towel.

Looking around the courtyard, she sees a lot of students coming for the class. "Hmm... This class is required, I guess. Well, this might be the time I got to do some exercise after I left home." she thinks, while she spots a being who looks like a male with wings and fiery red hair. She comes over to introduce herself, but sees that he is in deep thought. She also notices a small dragon by his shoulder. "It must be his hatchling. I wonder when mine will come out."

She slowly moves away, going back to where she was sitting before and listening to some classical music, waiting for the Gym instructor to arrive and officially begin class.

Trevor Linole

Courtyard

He watched as students hurried to the Courtyard, some running out of the Academy after the heavy toll of the school bell. The old man humphed, taking a quick count of the attending individuals and was at least content to see that the senior students hadn't thought about ditching. However, there weren't many of the new students....

"Alright, enough chatter! Everyone line up! Snap to it, now!" Mr. Linole's voice was loud, raised so he knew all of the students heard him. Senior students who knew of his lecture habits would respond immediately. New students might hesitate for a moment or shoot to attention and freeze in their place. Whatever the reaction, Linole gave them all a few heartbeats before calling once more. "I said, line up!" Whoever was left to assemble themselves into the order would have done so by the second call.

The combat teacher watched the lined up students, spying those that fidgeted nervously or didn't seem to care much for what awaited them. Welcome to Gym class. For now, I and Burung," Linole motioned towards the four-armed Love Demon who stood nearby. "Will be overseeing this class until your actual coach returns from their trip. Now," His voice was much lighter than before as he clasped his hands behind his back and shifted his gaze from one student to the next. "This class is a chance for you kids to keep up on your exercise while teaching you traits about teamwork, self-reliance, and general health. Every four weeks, you will be timed for a mile run. Every two, you will have reading assignments and critical thinking problems to complete. Between then, you will have activities during the hour.

"Each class period will start with five laps around this courtyard. That means you either jog or run with your legs, with some exceptions that can be made if you do not share the same abilities as that of the average student here. But, absolutely no flying or cutting corners." Linole glanced at each of the students again, knowing that there might be a Littleputan among their group that could not run five laps on his own feet in the same time as the taller students. Something else would have to be figured out for him later. Maybe laps around the birdbath?

"Now, there are some rules in this class. First and foremost, disregard for the rules of the Academy will not be tolerated. In some activities, roughhousing might occur but that does not give anyone the excuse to break someone's bones. If you have any medical conditions or a legitimate reason that prevents you from accomplishing a task, we can make accommodations, but if I find that your reasons are built on lies, it will not be a field trip for you." Certainly, Mr. Linole was one of the harder teachers, blunt and sharp tongued when it suited him best, no matter who you might be. The new students would learn that soon enough for sure.

Idly brushing a hand down his unkempt beard, the aged man paused before asking, "Do any of you have questions?"

Dain

Lunchroom

Dain looked down at the bored and sighed. It was pretty obvious that the human did it again and the vampire had lost miserably. What really upset Dain was when the human stood to leave without addressing the problem at hand. However, right as Dain decided he should just give up Tatsuke answered his question. The answer was harsh yet forgiving, and much better than what Dain was expecting. As Tatsuke began to walk out of the cafeteria he mentioned something about needing to go to class because tardiness doesn't look good. This just made Dain chuckle. "Well Tatsie, since when have I ever cared about my final grades?" Dain frowned realizing his friend had left. He grunted, stood, and jogged to the courtyard, mumbling about how Tatsuke is always a good-y two shoes.

Dain

Courtyard

To Dain gym is probably his second favorite class only second to combative arts. So when he learned that his combat teacher Mr. Linole was helping teach class today during gym, his excitement exploded from his body. It took him a bit to realize what was happening emotionally, yet quickly tried to retain most of them. He did this for Felic, not sure how emotions affect him in general and simply thought the stronger the feeling the more painful it was. Dain jumped into line in attention like a well oiled soldier who has done this multiple times, which was good considering he had done this multiple times. Dain silently listened to his teacher give the introductions before raising his hand. Dain didn't wait for Mr. Linole to call on him and simply asked, "sir, can we spar after the warm-up run?" Dain's question was serious and his eyes glinted with anticipation.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

As what appeared to be their teacher called for attention, Deja hurriedly got to his feet and lined up with the others. As he listened Deja internally groaned, absolutely no flying? Rubbish, phoenixes were creatures of the air Deja had hoped to get some flying exercise in, now he'd have to both find another time to do some flying and figure out the full mechanics of a human body on the ground. I guess it will be good for me. Deja thought absently to himself. As he was staring off into space, completely zoned out Deja caught a picture of himself and the hatchling flying around. 'Did you send me that?' he thought to the dragon still perched on his shoulder. Concentrating Deja again caught the image of flying, this time with some sound and even a bit of scent. It was disorienting, almost like he was flying with his dragon.

Snapping out of it Deja just managed to hear the vampire, Dain he thought his name was, ask if they could spar at the end of class. Deja wouldn't mind that, the worst that could happen was a broken bone and he needed to practice more with his blade rather than his bow.

Luke

Before The Bell: Cafeteria --> After The Bell: Courtyard

Luke was so immersed in his manga, he failed to notice the students getting up and leaving. When he was finally notified by the absurdly loud bell, he got up and headed towards the courtyard and weaves his way through the bustling students.

When he finally arrived, he saw that some students had already arrived. He changed into his gym clothes and went to join the waiting pupils. When Mr. Linole came and ordered everyone to line up, Luke went and stood at the next space available. Luke then noticed a four-armed, pale-skinned humanoid who was introduced to the class as Burung. He didn't really approve of demons but he was taught to respect his elders so he wiped the thought from his mind. Having no other questions, Luke waited there and started to daydream.

Cassie: Student

As Cassie hurried slightly behind the others to the courtyard, she could see that the teacher had already started talking. So not to avoid suspicion, Cassie simply slipped into the back of the group, making sure to stick near the people she had been talking to at breakfast. As she glanced around, she noticed that she couldn't see Silmarwen, and worried slightly about where he roommate might be.

Cassie lined up with the rest of the students, bowing her head slightly and making sure to place her hands neatly by her sides, making sure that her wings were tucked in close towards her back. Five laps? As someone who mainly relied on using her wings, Cassie knew that would be slightly tough for her. Screwing up her lips slightly, Cassie guessed that she should be thanking the stars that at least she wasn't wearing any make up to mess up by sweating.

Devon was looking forward to the new year at the Academy despite the issues that had kept her from joining sooner. Her Mother's untimely murder weighed on her heavily, but for now she could be happy knowing she was going to get to see her friends again. She'd set a hard pace early on today alternating between jogging and flat out running, but now that she was close to the school, she'd slowed to a walk. Sya was flying above her, and she was carrying both their dragons with her telekinetic ability, knowing they wouldn't have been able to keep up otherwise. Devon knew Iris didn't like to be carried, however once she was told it would be like flying, the lavender dragon got excited acting like the child she was rather than the adult she normally tried to be. Too bad Sya couldn't be convinced to act like an adult. Even helping her and her peoples search for her Mother's murderer did little to temper Sya's attitude.

They were close enough now that when the bell rung, Devon cursed and began running again. Once she broke through the woods and into the courtyard, Devon stopped and sneaked in at the very back, leaving the young dragons to guard her things. She made it in just enough time to hear Mr. Linole's speech and smiled inwardly at how many familiar faces she saw mixed in with many new ones, as she got in line. Devon wanted to say hello to her friends, however it would be rude to do so while the teacher was leading the class even if she used her telepathy. Instead she'd catch up to them as they ran today and say hello.

Sya followed high above Devon in the clouds. This pace she'd set was utterly ridiculous, but Sya knew she was in a hurry to see everyone again and learn things. Personally he wished he was somewhere... Anywhere else. Even if he had to go back and continue the search for Devon's Brother-in-law. She hadn't told Sya much about her past... No. Scratch that. He still knew jack squat about her past really. He knew she'd been married and had a son, but that was really about it. They'd only told him what he needed to know to help. That was fine. Devon was a very private woman, though he didn't understand how or why she was that way. He'd gotten to know Naga/Siren culture over the last few days, so to him they seemed very open and free, unlike the reserved, shy Devon. When the bell rung, Sya nearly jumped out of his skin and cursed rather loudly. He knew Devon was running bellow him now, even though they were so close to the school. Landing lightly behind her, Sya got in line and suppressed a groan. Just great. Now his wings and his legs were going to be sore after today. Oh well. His Fabulousness was not going to let that get to him. No instead he was checking out the new students.

Sin and Tatsuke both shared the quality of being obedient to authority, Tatsuke far more submissive than Sin on most levels, but Linole didn't have to command twice for both of them to be in line. The Azazel snapped into line like a well-trained unit, standing straight with her head held high. The way she stood made it seem like she was ready to fall into a platoon and march, and it put Tatsuke's stance to miserable shame. He stood like the average student in gym class --you know, the one who puts more focus on not getting a concussion from an adrenaline-hyped jock than he does on winning the game-- not slouching yet not pin-straight. He didn't even notice the other two senior students sliding in quietly, too focused on Linole's speech even if he had heard it before, after all, what if the Academy had changed some policy since last year? Tatsuke wasn't going to be the first senior student to be in trouble. Well... not anymore trouble.

Seamus was the one who hesitated when Linole's voice bellowed. He stood at Linole not fully sure of what he heard, and not really getting why they were lining up like Bride's Maids, but another bellow from the human made him step into line. No point in causing trouble here, it would accomplish nothing and make the rest of the year difficult for him. The Draug stood at the line's very end, his hands folded behind his back while he studied the elder human and the four-armed Ashura.

~

Said four-armed Ashura, also known as a Love Demon, allowed Linole to make the introduction. He certainly liked to give dramatic speeches and make a grand first impression. Burung preferred the indirect approach, giving pointers but essentially letting students learn by themselves.

He did answer some questions, however. He couldn't let the human take all the glory, could he? He addressed Dain, "This isn't combat class, but if after the run there is any time left and your sparring partner has no objections, I see no reason why not."

He flippantly waved a snow-white hand with pointed fingernail claws. "If there are no further questions, then I suggest you all start jogging."

Twig

Cafeteria --> After The Bell: Courtyard

For Twig, the bell was loud. Really loud. His head shook with each ring loud.

"That must be a clock of impressive size to have a bell like that." he said once his head stopped spinning.

Twig stood up, dusted himself off, checked the egg to see it was still secured in it's harness, and hopped down from the table. He followed the general flow of students to the courtyard. Thankfully there wasn't to many people, or Twig would have had to spend much of his time dodging feet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running laps? Ah, a simple warm-up! Despite whatever reservations the teachers might have had, Twig proved to be quite fast for his size. After all, it was only natural for the little folk to be more athletic. They had to be able outrun all sorts of speedy creatures who might fancy a snack. Hawks, cats, wolves, owls, foxes, and even the occasional human toddler were all things Twig had raced back home, and the fact that he was at the academy to tell the tale at all proved he had won every time. (Well, except for the toddler, but that is a story for another time.)

Edited by sailing101

Silmarwen, Student

Hearing the loud ringing of the bell, Silmarwen looked up from her book and saw a flock of birds fly across the sky above the courtyard. Even the critters living nearby knew when class was to begin in the Academy. She gently closed her book and stood up with the agility that elves were known for. It was time for the first class. The mere thought caused a mixture of nervousness and excitement in her. She slipped the book in her satchel and dusted her trousers as students began to arrive in the courtyard.

Silmarwen looked around expectantly for the teacher. Not a moment later, her search came to an end as she heard the loud voice of the teacher nearby. "Alright, enough chatter! Everyone line up! Snap to it, now!" Silmarwen hesitated, since she regarded the shouting voice with distaste. Moreover, it was a human who was shouting out the order. She did not like the idea of taking orders from a human. Confusion arose as her respect for educators clashed with her disdain for humans. She fell in line reluctantly just a moment before the teacher called out once more.

The teacher began to speak about the class. As she listened, Silmarwen bowed her head and only looked at the teacher from time to time. If the physical aspect of this class consisted mostly of running or the sort, then she had nothing to worry about. She worried about combat class though. When he asked if anyone questions, she thought of asking for his name. After all, he did not introduce himself. Nobody bothered to ask about it. In fact, the first question was about sparring! Silmarwen felt sheepish, thinking that perhaps everyone already knew and she just missed the detail somehow.

Kaius had been in the courtyard since the middle of breakfast time, as he had no need to go and eat food like the rest of the students. Watching the rest of them run in either late or on time, then wince at the strict old coot's harsh tone first thing in the morning was satisfying enough. Who needed food? Even so, the human's speech did put him off a little, filled with rules and restrictions he cared nothing about. Still, if he didn't heed them it would get quite messy, so he told himself not to bother with rebelling. Yet.

He also noticed the Love Demon standing on the side, letting the old fashioned grandpa take charge. Shouldn't the demons really be leading this thing? They are a lot stronger than humans. He couldn't care less, however. He didn't quite see the point of having to go to gym class when he didn't really have to stay fit, because he technically wasn't alive.

Jogging was indeed no problem at all for the fleet-footed Phantasm. However, Kaius did decide to take his time, and so he hung back behind the rest of the large group. His semi-transparent bare feet tapped the ground leisurely as he basically walked behind the rest of the students. His long legs helped him take large strides, so no effort was used as he made his way by himself around the courtyard.

((Not much to write ahh sorry^^wink.gif)

Al'nivte

Courtyard

As the bell tolled, Al'nivte's four eyes narrowed a faint bit. Did they have to ring such a loud bell? "Oops, let's not be late on the first day of class." With his beak, it wasn't easy to tell if he was smirking or not before he turned and headed for the Courtyard. Gym wouldn't be a problem for the Uccello but he would have to deal with his coat. No matter, he was fine with dumping the dark article of clothing off to the side if need be.

Outside, he simply smiled and allowed for his feathered, furred, and scaled flesh to soak in the warmth of the morning sunlight. After the stench of humans, he savored the fresh scent of the air, inhaling the layered scent of the surrounding forest. Then someone was making orders. Inwardly, Al'nivte began to bristle but outwardly, his expression appearing as if he were a bit hesitant. At the second call, he finally lined up at the end.

An unimportant lecture ensued followed by a Vampire asking about chances of sparring. In gym class? Well, it was bound to be more entertaining than anything the walking fossil or the four-armed being could come up with. And now they were taking laps around the Courtyard. Quickly slipping his coat off, he crumpled it into a ball and tossed it to the side out of the way. Five laps was easy work but his coat would prove to be an annoyance.

Jogging, he outpaced a handful of the students; lion-like legs provided decent power while taloned feet provided grip on the ground. Now, while simple running wasn’t very interesting to do, Al didn’t feel he should show off this early in the school day. Besides, he saw Sin and Felic among the group, along with the handful of students that Lorf had described. Perhaps he could have a bit of fun during the class, no matter the activity after their laps; if there was time.

----

Felic

Courtyard

Mr. Linole was certainly not one to change his habits very often. Any conversations between students were cut off as the aged man began calling for a line up. Beside him, Mr. Burung stood and waited in silence as Linole made the introductions. It seemed he had forgotten to give his own name; probably not really registering that there were new students despite it being a new year. Oh well, Mr. Linole was sure to give out his name come the start of combat.

Felic had hurried out of the cafeteria with Sin, almost laughing at her remark about the bell as he had to discard his partially eaten breakfast. He made a mental note to make sure they arrived at the cafeteria sooner so they weren’t running into the issue of going hungry most mornings. Still, he was able to grab a slice of buttered toast from the counter and quickly made it disappear on their way to the Courtyard.

Sorge chose not to attend the class preferring, instead, to watch from afar. She said she wanted to observe the new students without distracting any of them. The Empath, however, knew that something else was on her mind. But he wasn’t going to press the matter (not that he actually had the time to do so anyways).

Oops, he wasn’t expecting the five lap jog this morning. If he had thought about it, he would have chosen clothes better suited for the task. Well, he’d have to make do then. He pulled off his jacket, unclasping the pair of buckles and shrugging the dark fabric off his shoulders. He placed it with his shoulder bag against the stacked bricks that formed a portion of the Academy’s base. Upon them, he set his tie down before beginning his run.

Starting off Deja found himself stumbling a bit, but he quickly got a hang of the increased pace and ended up near the middle of the clump of students. I'll never be that good at running, or ground movement for that matter, but at least I can get around. Remembering that his dragon companion only had two legs Deja quickly came to the conclusion that it was also built for the air, not the ground. Smiling Deja sent the hatchling a quick memory of his first flight.

Luke

Courtyard

Luke started his laps. It was only natural for him to step exactly where he wanted because of his enhanced coordination. He ran in a perfect quadrilateral shape around the courtyard, avoiding anyone who he happened to take over. Luke was evidently not the fastest in the class but he was quicker than a handful of students and had plenty of stamina. As he was running, Luke noticed a reptilian bird of some sort with powerful legs and vicious looking talons. The griffin-like creature didn't seem to be that fast but then again, he didn't look like he was trying. Luke kept a steady pace as he looked around the courtyard and found several students easily outpacing the others. He felt a small shimmer of jealousy in the back of his head but threw the thought away and continued jogging his laps.

Silmarwen, Student

"If there are no further questions, then I suggest you all start jogging."

Silmarwen had almost forgotten the presence of Master Burung, who had been silent throughout the elder human's introduction. She waited for another student to raise a question, but it seemed that most of the students already made an unspoken mutual agreement that there would be no more inquiries. The students began to jog and, after setting her satchel down on the ground, Silmarwen followed, staying somewhere at the back of the line. As she jogged, she looked here and there, admiring the architecture within the courtyard and observing her classmates. Noticing Cassie just a short distance ahead, Silmarwen hastened her pace until she jogged right beside her roommate.

Without the makeup on her face and the golden dye on her wings, Cassie looked quite plain though still elegant in Silmarwen's eyes. Remembering the sad look on her face when she left their room, Silmarwen wanted to ask her how she was. "How often do Icari have to eat?" Silmarwen started in a low tone, just in case the teachers disapproved of small talk during laps. "I do not recall you having dinner or breakfast." She had noticed that Cassie was not eating when she chanced upon the hatchling on their table during breakfast. "You might want to consider a small bite." Silmarwen's voice was tender with concern. "I happen to have some biscuits in our room."

Lorf

Courtyard

Lorf set down his egg and lined up with the rest of the students. He was going to ask a question, but before he could they were off to the laps. Why are we allowed to spar in gym class? Lorf wondered. He began to run, but he was slightly behind the group. His race wasn't the kind that ran a lot. He saw that the griffon didn't seem to be putting much effort in. He still hasn't told me his name Lorf thought. Lorf saw Deja a little bit a head of him with- what? A hatchling? Did his hatch already? He caught up with Deja and asked "is that your hatchling? When did it hatch?" He looked at the hatchling. Lorf had thought it would take a longer for the dragons to hatch, but apparently he'd been wrong.

Edited by na82008

Seamus

If you were a part of Draug society, you were a member of a melting pot of various races and cultures only much wetter. All without having to have anything but Draugr within a hundred mile radius. Because Draugr were reborn from souls of various races, not keeping direct memory but retaining the general inclinations to and from various objects and styles, their society taught almost everything about surface culture because something drove most Draugr to learn about the society they came from originally. There was an odd comfort in déjà vu.

Wherever Seamus originally came from couldn't have been that impressive, because human culture didn't interest him and he was definitely a Human-Draug. He just collected things like bottle caps and was very comfortable on ships. But because he came from a society where he naturally was taught about all of the races, it always struck him as odd when there was a race he didn't know about. Usually the races he didn't know about were fellow Undeads. So that guy who just joined the pack... he must be some kind of Undead.

Well, he was bored and Undeads weren't nearly as bad as 'Fleshies'. Seamus didn't think it was a bad idea to approach Kaius, of course he didn't know his name at the time. He picked up his pace so he was reasonably near the ethereal stranger. His scent crossed his nose... making his mouth water slightly. He smelled like soul, which was the equivalent of freshly-baked cookies to a Draug. Shaking the distracting thoughts of food from his mind, he decided to approach him casually at first. "This class is kinda pointless for us, eh?"

~

Sin

Azazels were known for being the strongest humanoids, but not necessarily the fastest. Sin kept on the tail of the rest of the students, but never really exceeded or rivaled their pace. Regardless, she refused to complain and did her best.

She figured now was the best time to approach Felic about last night, though... it was now or never, if she brought it up later it would be grave digging. "So, Fell... last night," her tone almost implied she was going to scold him, "I never knew you had it in you. you were real brave and ballsy back there. But did you feel all right?" It was odd for her to approach the situation. Back home, everyone would have had each others' backs, and no offense against her group or her town would have been taken lightly. There would have been a fight, and afterwards everyone would have talked about how awesome they were and how awful the opposition was. She came from grit and pride. This school wasn't about that though, it was about compromise and care, and Felic was impacted by emotions on a different level than she was. Not to mention he was obviously not on the same level of strength that she was, not by a long shot. He could have been hurt, and she knew that, but she didn't understand how to approach that part or even how real that risk was.

Devon smiled inwardly when she realized none of the senior students had noticed she and Sya had made it. She wanted to surprise Tatsuke, so once he began to run after Burung had answered Dain's question, Devon followed suit and quickly caught up to Tatsuke's free side. A smile spread across Devon's delicate features as she began, "Hello Ta- OOF!" Devon exclaimed as she felt someone slam into them, taking all of them to the ground.

"Group hug!" Sya exclaimed as he tackled Devon, Tatsuke and made a grab for Dain. He was over joyed to see his friends, and he would have tackled all of them at once if they weren't spread out so much already. True he'd come here with Devon, but he knew her and Tatsuke well enough to know they were both so blasted reserved that they would never show how truly happy they were to see each other. So Sya, being the nice guy that he was, took the initiative. He wasn't really sure about how Dain would feel. However, Sya couldn't let anyone be left out if he could help it. He'd have to get the others later of course. "Oh it's so good to see you guys again! Summer at the Palace was so dreadfully boring! I can't believe I'm about to say this, but was actually dying to come back to school! Can you believe that? Moi wanting to come back to school! What other strange thing will I say next! Now please. I want to hear all about your summers."

It was true, as odd as it might seem. Palace life was not all it was cracked up to be. So many rules and people telling you what you can and can't do, can an can not go, so on and so forth. Really he had more freedom here than he'd ever had in his whole life, and more of a family as well. Oh sure there were tons of people who wanted to befriend him, but those were the people who always wanted something from him, or to be somehow associated with him because of who he was related to. It was difficult for him to keep a lid on his feelings, so poor Felic wouldn't get blasted with Fairy feelings, but somehow Sya managed to keep them at a tolerable level for the Empath. He was so glad to be back!

Iris and Rory watched the whole thing unfold from the sidelines with mixed reactions. Iris muttered something that sounded sarcastically rude and shook her head, while Rory chuckled and hoped Sya didn't hurt someone on accident. He really wanted to go find the rest of his year mates, and make new friends, but Devon needed him and Iris to stand guard over her things. So that's what they did. He really hoped that the baby dragon he saw with one of the new students would come over and talk with them. Devon had told him it was not polite to send to someone without them knowing you were there, so he held off on using his telepathy until he was introduced properly.

Edited by LotusDragon

Mizuki

Noticing that every single one of the students now had to jog, she started off slow, and then tried to catch up with the others ahead. She was a natural. What others would consider her speed as sprinting, would only be slow jogging for her. She's been doing this ever since she was old enough to walk, and in just a few minutes, she was already one of the students who was in front of the pack.

"Ahh, just like the old days...", she said as she kept running along the courtyard, not even trying hard to keep her pace. Even if she felt like she got a bit rusty after her trip to the Academy, it wasn't so evident by the way she runs.

James smiled happily as he jogged, at first he had tried to maintain a pace with the others but gradually he slowly moved ahead. He was considerably fit, a few decades of combat training will do that for you, as well as drilling in the need for perfect form when moving. But James's main reason for being in front was the lack of any wind resistance. James had been surprised when he had learned that his race not only could phase through solid objects but things with less density to them like water and air. Wind resistant may seem like a minor thing but James position in the jog proved that it did play a part. As he completed another lap he haphazardly through off his thick fur coat that he kept with him, strong resistance to temperatures his race held meant that clothes were only warn to hide bodies not to keep out the cold or the warm sun. James cloak was mainly warn out of habit, as well as the comfort of the thick fur. Looking around him he noticed a brown hair girl keeping up with him and the other few in the lead of the pack. She, unlike everyone else, appeared to be running. James grinned and increased his pace, and moved up along side.

"Wow you're really quick, and your just an average old human?" He stopped wondering whether the second part of his compliment may not have been one. He shrugged, etiquette wasn't as important out in sports, chivalry was the closest thing to etiquette.

"How about a race? To be honest I've been holding back cause I don't really want to show off," James said. He reached around him and removed the coat, which quickly lost the green glow that previously emanated. He threw the cloak off to the side of the track and turned back to the girl, his smile fixed on his face.

Slowly and reluctantly, Cassie began to jog around the field with the rest of the group. Making a concerted effort to stay in the middle of the pack, so not to attract attention, Cassie fell into the regular beat of step, step, breathe. Step, step, breathe. While she could feel a stitch building up in her chest, she pushed through it, occasionally using her wings for a few seconds to allow her weary feet a little bit of rest. Cassie's face was held in a slight look of horror as she imagined what the sweat would be doing to the exercise, and she could almost feel her cheeks reddening as she pushed on around the field.

At the sound of Devon's voice, Tatsuke's pale face light up like a flickering candle. Breath filled his chest for words of joyful greeting, only to be knocked out as the hyperactive Fairy slammed into his and Devon's (and possibly Dain's) backs knocking the group of friends to the ground. But this wasn't a time where he helplessly moped about it. A smile so wide it was consuming most of his face had taken hold of his features, and a happy laugh inevitably come from his chest. He flipped as best he could so that he was on his back, but still pinned by the Fairy.

"Syassuru! Devon! I miss you! Miss so much, where you has been?!"

He wasn't going to shake his joy any time soon. After a lonely summer and a crummy orientation, nothing in the world could have made him happier at this moment than the faces of his two amazing friends. They were certainly making a mess of the track, though. Now there was a dog pile right in the middle of the run way...

As Lorf pulled up beside him Deja nodded in confirmation, "Yup, it hatched this morning. I thought it would take longer." As he said this the hatchling slowly extended it's neck out towards Lorf, its bright violet eyes staring intently at the Shargonac. "He still hasn't told me a name so I guess he's just The Hatchling for now." Deja commented looking over at the dragon. As his eyes moved from the ground Deja quickly jerked forward, tripping over a loose stone. As he did so Deja did a small panic dance in his head before his wings snapped out to their full length, bursting with small flames.