EchotheWolf

The New Greenfield

Styles was fiddling with the old cash register when Dreama came up behind him and asked if he was ok, "Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine", he said, looking up, "It's just...normal....well it's still strange but in a...homey way".

Dreama smiled as she began to put the more snack items up. Looking to him she then grinned before nodding her head, " I'm glad your doing okay." She then tilted her head before speaking, " I guess I am just used to it, but yeah the place is pretty homey. If you like you can take a break to get you something to eat. This is one of those slow times where no one really comes by to buy things."

((Ok, who is playing in the world I am in? Because this place is getting more and more boring.))

((Gonna try not to fail join this time.

Username: Drako

Name: Yang

Sex: Female

Appearance: 5'0, pale-skinned with shoulder-length white hair and solid, glowing black eyes. She often wears a white gi with a black belt and black borders, and a moonstone necklace.

Creature/power: The living embodiment of the force of yang. Outside of the yin-yang world where she originated, she has only slightly more endurance than the average human, and functions about the same. In battle, she fights with an assortment of martial arts, and occasionally a katana if the going gets tough. When in peril, in the yin-yang world, or fighting against Yin, she uses an assortment of light-based attacks, all of which hit harder than her normal attacks, but drain her energy faster.

As a last resort, she has a powerful attack form which holds immense amounts of power. However, after she disengages this form, she goes into a comatose state for three days. In this state, she is a sitting duck, and must be guarded vigilantly. When she awakens, she will be unable to attack with her light powers for another two days until she regains her strength.

Personality: Kind, loving, caring, yet timid and soft-spoken, Yang is a peaceful soul who only fights if need be. However, despite this, she has quite the ego, and it can sometimes escape from her. Plus, she has a very short temper when it comes to Yin's antics, and there's a 60/40 chance that they will fight when together.

Family: Yin, who is technically her sister.

History: Created when humans first showed signs of goodwill, Yang has spent her entire life inside the yin-yang world, keeping the balance of good and evil stable alongside her sister creation, Yin. It's a tedious task, constantly fighting her sibling, but it has it's perks, as they have essentially been training for thousands of years. However, one day, they were sucked through a tear in the realm's dimensional fabric, leaving them separated and stranded in the overworld.

Other: Yang loves sweet foods, and can be easily calmed with the use of sweets. She also has an incredible tolerance for cold, but a very low heat tolerance.

Username: Drako

Name: Yin

Sex: Female

Appearance: 5'0, pale-skinned, shoulder-length raven hair and solid white, glowing eyes. She often wears a black gi with a white belt and white borders, and an onyx necklace.

Creature/power: The living embodiment of the force of yin. Outside of the yin-yang world where she originated, she has only slightly more endurance than the average human, and functions about the same. In battle, she fights with an assortment of martial arts, but isn't afraid to play dirty and use her twin daggers and spiked brass knuckles. When in the yin-yang world, in battle, or just fighting with Yang, she uses an assortment of dark-based attacks, which hit harder than her normal attacks, but drain her energy quicker.

As a last resort, she has an incredibly powerful attack form that holds immense power. However, after she uses it, she goes into a comatose state for three days. In this state, she is a sitting duck, and must be guarded vigilantly. After she awakens, she can't use her dark powers for two days afterwards until she regains her strength.

Personality: Abrasive, temperamental, egotistical and snarky, Yin is a fiery spirit who is always looking for a fight. However, she does have kindness within her heart, and does form alliances when worked into them. She really doesn't like Yang, but if need be, she will fight alongside her.

Family: Her sister creation, Yang.

History: Same as Yang's, except for she was created when mankind first showed evil in their hearts.

Other: Yin loves spicy food, and can be calmed with it. She also has an extreme tolerance for heat, but a very low cold tolerance.

Hope they're not too powerful. One won't be fighting much anyways. Also, bonus points to whoever can spot the reference.))

Edited by Drako_tamer

Those look good, the only thing I would change is the 'can defeat almost any assailant' part. It should say something like 'incredibly powerful' or 'attack that is generally successful and difficult to survive from'. I wouldn't imply that it could beat everyone.

Also, I may come back to this. I apologize for disappearing, life got in the way)

((Fixed. I'll start.))

Yang awoke groggily from unconsciousness, stranded in a tree. Where was she? The last thing she remembered was being sucked through some inter-dimensional rift with Yin before blacking out. Sitting up, she rubbed her back. She didn't remember her landing, but she assumed from the soreness in her everything that it was pretty rough. "Oof, my back... Where are we, Yin?"

No response.

"Yin?" she asked, her voice panicky as she looked around, her pitch black eyes surveying her surroundings. "Yin!?" Quickly, she climbed down from the tree, her every move frantic. She had lost her sister creation somehow. Perhaps they were separated when they were shot from the rift? Whatever, it didn't matter. What mattered was that the living embodiment of yin itself was now wandering around in the overworld. As she called her twin, Yang's voice became more and more frantic. She needed to find her; before something terrible happened!

~~

Meanwhile, in a river a fair distance away, something stirred beneath the surface. Then, a pale hand broke the surface of the water, grabbing onto the riverbed and dragging its owner onto shore. The hand belonged to Yin, who pulled herself from the water, coughing violently in her attempts to rid her lungs of the wretched river water. Dragging herself onto land, she rolled onto her side, propping herself up with one arm before continuing her efforts. Oh how she hated water. Especially water as frigid as running river water.

After she was done, she sprawled out onto her back, staring up at the sky with piercing white eyes. Something was up here, but she couldn't quite figure out what. Well, aside from the whole "shot into the overworld" thing. After a few minutes of contemplation, the realization hit her like a freight train; Yang wasn't here. Bolting to her feet, she looked around, confirming her suspicions before fistpumping out of celebration. "Yes! No more Ms. Killjoy to boss me around!" she cheered, grinning and looking around before taking off into the woods.

This was gonna be fun.

(My only character not stuck in the loop of inactivity is Brutus.)

Brutus heard someone calling for something. He wickedly smiled, and made a short chuckle. "You foxes have had enough kills for today, so how about I get this one?" he said to his albino fox troop. He drew his gleaming machete and started to sneak towards the one calling for Yin. Then again, he didn't know who the heck Yin was.

(Lets try to revive this rp back to it's former glory of when it was on page 756.)

Sitting outside at a vacant table, he and Rain began to consume the donuts. Rain groaned in delight as the sweet bakery treats filled her tastebuds. "These are amazing." Damon only watched her eat. He could not experience food the way she did. "Glad to hear it." He said.

-

Raven yawned lazily, stretched out across a rock in the sun. Life had been pretty peaceful today. It had been a first for her. She turned onto her other side, her black fur absorbing the sun's light.

Yang was walking through the forest, calling for her sister creation. She didn't even notice Brutus coming until he was right on her, which is when she fell silent, her black eyes darting around. "Yin?" she asked, growing scared. Those didn't sound like Yin's footsteps...

Brutus smiled with glee. This girl was afraid. He snickered then jumped out of his hiding spot. He then swung his machete trying to only nip her. He would save deadly blows for last, when he wanted to kill. His foxes watched, in case things turned out wrong.

With a shriek, Yang jumped back away from the machete, landing in a defensive stance. Indeed, she was scared. But if she had to defend her life, then so be it. "Wh-who are you?" she stuttered, her fists clenched. She didn't like fighting; it just wasn't in her nature to be violent and combative. But she wasn't afraid to kik some tail if it meant keeping the balance alive.

~~

Meanwhile, Yin was casually strolling towards the city limits, chaos and wrongdoing on her mind and brass knuckles on her hands. She didn't know why she had been thrown into the overworld, but she did know that she was a being of darkness and evil. And what would she be if she didn't spread some misery and pain while she was up there? Cackling to herself, she strode into the town with an air of confidence. She was going to offset the balance.

And now, there was nobody there to stop her.

Brutus grinned. "Brutus, scourge of Greenfield, the albino giant." he replied making a stabbing motion. The albino fox troops where making their noises, as if cheering for a fight they haven't seen in such a long time. Four years to be exact.

Yang made a small "eep" noise, flinching away from the knife. Not even five minutes after she woke up, she was being forced into a fight. At least Yin had the common courtesy to allow a five minute wake-up period before the fighting began. Well, actually, she was just the lazier twin and wanted more sleep. But still. "I don't want to fight you," she muttered, her voice shaky but clear. "But if you try to kill me, I will do everything in my power to keep the balance alive."

Steadying her breathing, she crouched down, ready to fight if she needed to.

~~

"And you get a broken window, and you get a broken window, and you get a broken window!"

Yin was prancing through the outskirts of Greenfield, sending small pulses of dark energy through the windows and causing them to shatter. She couldn't find anyone to fight, so this was the next best thing. Eventually, every house on the street had at least one broken window, leaving a trail of shattered glass that lead to a gleeful Yin. Satisfied with her work, she broke another window and climbed up the wall of a building to get into it. She needed food, and one of these houses was bound to have something in it.

Damon stood as he heard the shattering glass. Rain, haven finished the donuts, looked to him in surprise. "We shouldn't get involved, weird stuff like that happens all the time." Damon nodded, suprised by himself, and Rain.

-

An audit flicked and Raven picked up her head slowly. In town, she heard the sounds of chaos. Closer to her, in the forest, she heard a man speaking, and could smell a dozen or so other canines. "What in the hell?" Raven groaned. What seemed to have been able to have been a normal day just possibly turned into another hectic one. She rose up slowly, shifting into her human form. Looking to the trees where her house lied, she began to contemplate her choices. "Go home, or get involved?"

Kenny was in his house, studying the effects of his rifle. When his window shattered. He grabbed his gun and walked outside. Probably some mad wizard, or maybe Clover. But Clover had been gone for 4 years. He walked out seeing someone climb into a house. A Thief. He crouched by his house ready to open fire whenever they exited. He hated thieves back at the swamp. They were as bad in this dimension.

Brutus laughed. Just someone thinking they could kill him brought joy. "You may not want to fight me, but your petty town of Greenfield does. So when you die, why don't you just go and haunt them? Make them a lot easy to kill." Brutus simply replied before swinging his blade in a downward motion.

Raven slinked towards the voices. She stood back, watching, and listening, to what was being said. She remained out of sight from the other canines, and hoped her wolf smell would keep them from investigating.

(So Brutus is literally an albino giant?)

-

Rain nudged demon, then pointed to the house a girl had disappeared into. "I'm pretty sure that's Yang." Damon turned and looked at her with a blank expression.

"Her brother is Ying. They balance each other out. And I don't see her brother anywhere."

"How do you know her?"

"I'm an angel, remember? I know everyone's name in this dimension, and some from other dimensions that live here."

Rain approached the house, peering inside. Damon stopped her before she went through the window, pointing to the sharp remains. He took off his jacket and used it to clear the rest of the glass from the pane. "Let's go." Rain slipped in, followed by Damon.

(Well, Brutus is as pale as a ghost from albinism, and he is big from his time as a slave. He is still human, but it is hard to tell due to him being 8 feet and 300 lbs of muscle.)

((Uh, Raven? Yang and Yin are sisters.))

Jumping to the side, Yang began to shift into battle-mode. Her eyes locked onto the man before her, memorizing the locations of all of his weak points while simultaneously looking for an opening to strike. It would be difficult... If she were a normal human. Despite her small size, Yang packed a lot of firepower, and had several millennia of training under her belt. Needless to say, she was stronger than she looked.

"For the balance," she whispered, leaping up and performing a flying kick on the man's upper back. She added a bit of light energy to her attack, but not a lot. It was just enough to sting worse than normal.

~~

Yin, being as sneaky as she was, had already slipped downstairs to the kitchen. There, she got to work raiding the fridge, taking whatever she wished from it. This guy... He didn't have too much. Just some fruits, milk, cheese and other basic foodstuffs. Whatever; she'd steal from him anyway. Food was food after all.

Swiping a large apple and a bottle of water, she slammed the door with her foot and walked away, biting into the apple without a care in the world. She knew better than to walk out the front door; people could be waiting out there. However, she didn't expect anyone to climb up the side of the house and into the window. Needless to say, when she walked back upstairs, she was shocked to see people there. Dropping her food and drink, she swallowed her bite and shifted into an attack stance. Unlike Yang, she didn't have any trouble with violence. In fact, it came to her naturally.

(Draco... that kind of was power play. Oh wait this the rules don't have a rule against it.)

"Drop those items, thief." Kenny said pointing his gun at the thieving girl. Pale... great probably one of Brutus's long lost cousins. Pale never meant good.

Brutus felt a kick in the back. This girl fought better than Kenny or his snake friend Amy. Brutus bit back by making some rapid attacks with his machete. Light, but yet still enough to give Yang a good bleeding. Years of fighting with Greenfield had taught him much. Though he was still a brute.

((Not so much powerplay as it was bad wording. I never meant for there to be an auto-hit. On another note, she already dropped the food.))

Yang jumped back away from the slices, only catching one hit on her hand. Letting out a small grunt of pain, she put up a shield of light around her forearms, allowing her to block the blade's attacks. Then, she formed a ball of light in her hands, casting it at the brute's feet. She didn't aim to kill him. Only drive him off.

~~

Yin froze when she heard the voice behind her, turning with a grin on her face to lock eyes with the man before her. "So, this is your place?" she asked, chuckling. "S'pose now ain't the best time to be dropping in, you look quite irritable. I'll be off now." Turning, she went to walk towards the window, her hands clasped behind her back. Of course, this wasn't the last he would see of her. She just knew she wasn't bulletproof.

"What the...?" Brutus said as he jumped back. No one ever used weird stuff against him. It was brute melee. This was not melee. This was magic. Fighting force for the intelligent. Brutus made another stabbing motion followed up by a slice to the left arm.

Kenny kept his gun on the girl until she was not in sight. He lowered it. "Nothing to see here, go back home. I'm sure whoever the leader of this town is can fix our broken windows. Ever since Kat disappeared." he muttered walking back home. He started to board his broken window to prevent a draft.

Yang leapt backwards away from the stab, using her gauntlets of light to deflect the slice before lunging in, attempting to pop the brute in the windpipe. Granted, this had a small chance of killing him through a tear of the windpipe, but she hadn't much of a choice. She had to end this soon so that she could resume her search for Yin. She had to find her, lest she get herself in trouble.

~~

Too late.

As soon as Yin was out of sight, she turned and fired a strong pulse of dark energy at the home. The force of the pulse blew out the rest of the windows, blew open the door and forced it of of one of its hinges, blew the boards out of the window frame, and sent shards of glass flying across the house. Before he could trace the source of the pulse, she disappeared into the shadows. She needed to find a place to rest, a place to reside as she plotted her next move. But where could such a place possibly be in this town?

(I may not be permanently back but I will moderate the thread for Echo, since he asked me to a while back. I'll be the judge of power plays from now on, thanks. And Boom, even if there is no rule written about power play, unless the Rp specifically allows it, it is common courtesy to not power play in a fight. Just wanted to clear that up since you mentioned there wasn't a rule)