EchotheWolf

The New Greenfield

Styles swallowed, "Are there any normal humans like me here?", he asked, getting a bit worried. He was surrounded by monsters and he wasn't sure if he could handle it. He cleared his throat and grabbed a donut, "Need any help around here? I don't know much about cooking but I can learn a few basics", he said with a shrug.

Hearing the fear that was starting to build in his voice she then spoke, " Yes there are a few normal humans here." She then looked to him before nodding her head, "If you could work the front for me that would be a great help. Uh from my past some of the people are wary of stepping in here if I'm in the front. I usually have a girl who works here but she went with her family for a vacation." Shrugging her shoulders she then looked to him. " Stick around for a while and I can show you how to make a few of these items."

After a while of silence Estella had eventually fallen asleep, but now suddenly was jolted awake by the sound of rain on the roof.

"Woah, who? What?!" She said, sitting up quickly and not remembering anything that had just happened till several moments later.

"Oh. That."

Just as she had started to head to the back she frowned when she heard it start raining. Shaking her head as she heard the rain hitting the roof. She then turned before she filled a mug with coffee before fixing it up as she liked it. She then looked to the door, "Because of the rain it may be a slow day."

Awaking in a small cave, Raven did not know where she was. After a few moments, it came back. Last night she'd gone for a run. However the lake had breached it's banks. Unable to have gotten past the rushing water, she'd settled for a cave. Raven could now see the aftermath of the flood. Trees had been knocked down, others carried for many miles. Grass and dead leaves had been torn away, leaving only soft mud with a few deposits of small pebbles. Taking another few steps into the morning light she froze. A cougar fed on an unidentifiable object. It looked to be a mangled torso of something. Gasping, she realized it was human.

Rain blinked as she awoke in a warm bed. Unsure of where she was, she sat up slowly. Damon was on the other wall, dozing lightly judging by his slouched posture. As Rain stirred, his head picked up, his eyes dark from lack of sleep. "Are you alright?" At first Rain was confused by his question. Thinking a few moments, brief scenes of fighting overwhelmed her. Looking back up at Damon, she nodded. "Let me see your wing." Turning, Rain allowed her wings to spread some.

Damon's fingers traced lightly along them. "Can you spread them?" Rain expanded her wings, taking up half the room. "Anything hurt?"

"No."

"Good."

Damon studied her black wings, yearning to spread his own and take flight like she could. "I had black wings too. It's rare, isn't it? They think it's a curse, for black stands of darkness."

Rain nodded as she recalled many memories of being patronized for something she hadn't chosen.

"So, where are we?"

"Well, we are back in the land of the living."

"Do you know where?"

"Yes, in this little town called Greenfield."

Styles nodded, "I can do that," He said as he vanished upstairs to change. He reappeared a few minutes later dressed in a pair of jeans and a t shirt. He took his place behind the counter and waited.

Dreama nodded her head gently to him before she then smiled, " Thank you Styles." She then went through the door into the kitchens to finish up with some of the breads.

Slinking away silently, Raven made her way back to her house. It wasn't her problem, and she pushed it out of her mind. Climbing back through the window, she landed in her room. The smell of wet dog quickly filled it and she chuckled to herself, shifting shapes. Slipping on a new pair of jeans, and a plain t-shirt, she felt better, the incident already out of her mind. Curiosity got the best of her, and she wandered to the second closet. Sliding it open, she found similar apparel to her own, except much larger. Taking the sleeve of one of the shirts, she felt it between her thumb and pointer finger. Unable to drum up any memories, Raven let go and shut the closet, turning away.

Raven made her way to the kitchen, seeing the note Styles had left and nodded curtly. Opening the fridge, she grimaced as she was met with nothing. "Great."

Grabbing some money scrounged up from who knows where, she headed out the door.

"Greenfield?" Rain thought for a few moments. "I know this place." As she climbed out of bed, she went to the window. "Are you hungry?" Rain turned and nodded. "How about some donuts?" Grinning, Damon tossed his head to the door. "Let's go."

They headed out side, the forecast still a bit unpredictable as heavy clouds threatened to block out the sun. It seemed they were on a small main street. The smell of fresh bread hung in the air, making her stomach grumble.

As Raven approached the town, it just felt wrong. Something dark and evil was around, and she could feel it. Bristling, the girl remained guarded. Though she also now picked up a lighter force, that of kindness and strength, rather than a dreary heaviness. Looking around, she saw no one. Once she turned onto the Main Street, she spotted a guy and a girl. Furrowing her brows she shook her head. It doesn't make sense. It's two opposing forces right next to each other. Dark and light. Yet they aren't fighting?

It's been said that animals are more sensitive to such forces. And in some aspects, it was true. Raven could pick up on the different forces of light and dark; and the lingering spirits of the undead. However, if they did not want to be seen, Raven wouldn't be able to see them. As she watched the two, she was shocked. The girl, was an angel. A servant of God. Yet she was beside a demon, and not even attempting to fight? Not only that, but happy? "Greenfield has sure changed since I was around."

Rain pointed to the bakery. "Do you think they make donuts?"

"I don't see why they wouldn't."

"Well then let's go!" Rain laughed, grabbing Damon's hand and pulling him along. she shivered and looked to her left, only to be met with a cold watch of a girl. Her silver eyes held no emotion, yet seemed to hold some form of sadness, of which she tried to shield. Shrugging it off, Rain stepped into the bakery.

As the two joined hands, a wave of electricity seemed to come off of them. Like opposing magnetic forces. As the girl made eye contact, Raven looked away, continuing her way to the small town market.

Brutus caused more terror. 3 weary travelers on there way to Greenfield where killed by him and his albino fox minions.

Ruby and Avian awoke on a floating log. Instantly the flew away. Drowning scared them both. They flew, trying to find Raven.

Styles was surprised at the amount of people that filed into the bakery as the sun began to rise. He had just handed change over to a rather mousey looking man when a couple coming in caught his attention. When they touched there was a pulse of energy that rippled around them. He only felt that when he was near couples dancing in clubs. He watched the two seemingly normal people as they talked about donuts.

"Look, there's a cashier. We can ask him." Looking to Damon, who glared at the man, Rain squeezed his arm. "Let me handle this." She walked up and smiled warmly at the man. "Do you happen to sell donuts?"

After Raven had gotten her groceries, she made her way back to her house. The weight of the groceries didn't bother her. Yet the way she carried them did. Lucky for her, she made it to her door before the circulation had completely been cut off in her arms. After tossing everything into the fridge, she shifted and headed back to town. Thrown off by the changes that occurred in the last four years, she decided to re-familiarize her self. The coffe shop was still there. Grinning, she stepped inside. It was busy, filled with humans. She looked around, searching for the man that had saved her life oh so long ago. "Hey!" Walking towards the counter, she spotted him. The man looked surprised as she approached. "Raven? You're still around? Wait a minute, you aren't here to mess up my place again with Storm, are you?" He smiled and winked. "Nah, just came in to say hi."

"Can I get you anything? A hot chocolate maybe? I know you love em'."

"Aw, you got me." She began to pull out some money. "Raven, you know you don't have to pay." He winked, beginning to make the hot drink. "Thanks, Ray." He nodded. "So where's Storm? You two are usually inseparable."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Oh, sorry I brought it up. I guess it ain't any of my business what happned between you two." Raven sat for a few moments, tossing the name over in her head. Though it didn't even sound familiar. With a shrug, Raven took the hot chocolate Ray had set on the counter.

Shocked at how many people showed up even through the small bit of rain Dreama had a bit of a time making sure that the display was fully stocked. At around eleven she then began to change the breakfast items for different things. Instead of doughnuts there were now cupcakes and muffins. She then looked over to Styles, " At around one it should slow down for a bit if you want to take a break and get some lunch."

Patting him on the shoulder as she went back into the kitchen and began to work on a cake order that had come in the day before that was due in four hours. She had the cake made and it had already cooled now all she had to do was ice it and decorate.

Flamesong's eyes unfocused as he accepted the truth. It felt as though his heart had shattered once more. "But... would there be another way to bring her back?" He looked over his shoulder to Thalia, wondering if she was having similar thoughts. "I know that I'm not the only one that wants her to return... This town is slowly losing everything it once had. All the same, I've made so many great friends and memories here. I... I want to rebuild Greenfield! I want to be sitting on a porch many years from now, watching my grandchildren play outside. It's a vision that I want to make true. But most of all... I want her to be by my side."

(Repost to get claw's attention.)

Styles looked at the girl and tapped the display with the donuts, "Why yes we do", he said in his fake chipper cashier voice, "Would that be one for each of you?", he asked.

Hearing the fake voice from Styles, Dreama chuckled softly as she continued to work. Making all kinds of cakes, pies, muffins, and even some different types of pretzels that she knew a few of the townspeople really enjoyed. She then set them to the side to wait until later to set out.

Rain smiled. Damon came up beside her wearing a dark smile. "We will have a dozen." The said, trying his best to sound friendly. Stifling a giggle Rain nodded in agreement.

Dreama nodded her head once she saw that most of the items were made just had to wait until later to put them out. Moving over to a large cat bed the previous owner had put in for his cat. Shifting forms she stretched a bit before she then slowly climbed up the bed and into the little nest. Curling up inside of it she then tucked her head under her wing and closed her eyes to get some sleep.

Username: Lothuialel

Name: Selenia Herondale

Sex: Female

Appearance: Selenia Herondale Link

Creature/power: Werewolf-vampire Hybrid (last of her kind! She is the only one of her type!)/all mind powers imaginable

Personality: (option) I will RP this out

Family: (option) will find out about them in the history

History: (option) RP it out

Other: She looks 16 but is actually much older than that!

Edited by Lothuialel

As she lay int he tall cat bed Dreama soon began to give a soft whistly sound as she slept. A small bit of smoke leaving her mouth as she slept in her dragon form.

Dreama purred softly in her sleep as her little bed began to get warm from the heat her body produced. She then tucked her head under her wing as she fell into a deeper sleep.

Styles finished wrapping the order of a dozen donuts and set them on the counter, "Here is your dozen man", he said, sliding the package over the counter.

Scenting that the front wasn't smelling as sweet and knowing that it meant the front was emptying of the breakfast items Dreama opened her eyes. Turning she then set the trays of dough through the ovens before laying her head down and began to wait.

(It seems Claw still hasn't seen this... Hmm. Well, I'd add all the ACCEPTED people into the Character Log, but I have to get going right now. When I get back from school, I'll most likely do that.)

Dreama sighed as she leaped up off her bed before shifting to her human form. Taking the trays out of the oven she then set to decorating them all carefully before she then moved them to the displays knowing that at around this time it would be more about those who wanted a snack while walking around or mothers with young children wanting something to keep the little one calm while mother shopped. As she moved the things to the front she then gave a small smile to Styles, " You doing okay?"