EchotheWolf

The New Greenfield

"You talk." Stella observed, pulling her knees up to her chest in discomfort. "That's kinda cool and scary at the same time. How do you do that?" She asked, this time actually taking a real gizmo out of the bag and scanning him with it.

"I...to be honest, I'm not entirely sure," Thief said with a puzzled look. "I just picked it up somewhere along my travels." He looked nervously at the deviced with a straight face like he hadn't a care what it was.

((my pipe is named gizmo smile.gif ))

Styles raised his eyebrow and took a bite. Little did he know that even if it was poisoned, he could always regenerate to save himself. He watched the little dragon carefully and took a roll when it was offered to him, "So are there other people like you in Greenfield?", he asked, starting to feel more and more normal, "Because I have a....problem that has gotten me in a lot of trouble back home".

Dreama looked to him as he ate before she then chuckled. Nodding her head in agreement she then spoke, " Yes there are others like me." She then curled her tail around herself before laying her head down. Letting out a soft yawn knowing that in a few hours she would have to start making the new bread for the day.

"You've missed so much. Brutus nor Mela have invaded in over 3 years! Maybe they just gave up. Though many people have gone missing. Glad your back though!" he said happily.

Brutus sneaked over, keeping his armada of albino foxes hiding in the bushes. The two were conversing, he could tell. They would be surprised by him.

Flamesong kept his head bowed as Thalia put a hand on his shoulder. It seemed as though Sawyer was dodging his question. Is... is it even possible? Another familiar voice rang through the cafe. He stood up slowly, eyes wide as he looked at the shadow. "Jet? Is that you?! I-I didn't mean that you are a bad shadow, but..." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "I've had bad experiences with shadows. I have to thank you for keeping Sawyer safe for so long. But I need to know this: is it possible to attack the shadows and bring her back?"

Jet was silent for a while as he thought. He restd his chin on one hand thoughtfully. There is a way to bring her back...but it is dangerous. I suggest keeping her in this state. He answered. The shadow's gaze flickered to the specter that sat between the two living people in the room. It was a bad idea to have even told Flamesong. The poor man was beyond desperate.

"Flamesong," Thalia murmured softly, "it is up to Sawyer. She deserves to rest." As much as she loved her friend, she would never force her to stay somewhere she didn't want to be. Her spirit was weary, and needed rest.

Komo sighed once again as she left the hotel, maybe someone out there could be her new best friend. Deciding to go back to the lake, she decided to start swimming. Feeling the water hit her skin, she was in a much more pleasent mood.

"It doesn't sound like I missed much then." Amy said, pulling away from Kenny and crinkling her nose. "You smell like alcohol." She stated.

"Well, you aren't a robot." Stella said. "What's your name?"She asked, picking the critter up and putting him on the bed beside her. She opened the bag and gave him a chip from it.

"My name is Thief," Thief said, happily munching on the chip. "I'm an expert at picking any locks, you name it, I'll unlock it. I also happen to be a shadow manipulator. Who are you?"

Thief took another chip and munched on it thoughtfully. "Perhaps I could help," Thief said. "I just made my own makeshift television in my den."

"Yes... it's better than suicide though. When you left I had really nothing. But I didn't give up. But I had to make it easier...." Kenny said guiltily.

"I used a big piece of a windshield I found lying abandoned," Thief said. "I had to measure it using my shadow powers and fuse it together to a wooden box that I put a bunch of wires in. My owner was a technician before he realized I had shadow powers."

"Jet... Please, tell me... I need to know that there is hope. I-I need to knownif I can bring her back." Flamesong'shead was bowed again. As much as he didn't want to let go of the idea that his love could be brought back, he had to admit that Thalia was right he turned to Sawyer, trying to put on a brave face. "I know, I really want you back, and I know even more how foolish I can be if my judgment is blinded. However, if... if you do not want to return to Greenfield alive, I will understand, and my hand shall be still. The choice is yours."

Sparrow searched the dark night, his red eyes piercing the black clouds.

Apprentice and Marble watched as Pocket Witch made a forcefield around them.

(Bump. Look at previous posts for a recap. I gave a recap on the last page, I believe.)

"Hmm, creative. I might not fry you for dinner." Stelle said jokingly. "Not that I would ever fry you for dinner. I'm a vegetarian." She said, giving Thief a reassuring glance as she took a handful of chips and passed him the bag. "So are you a mongoose or something??"

Dreama sighed as she looked to the male before she then laid down on her work bench. Knowing that she would clean it in the morning to make sure that it was safe for her to work on and that there wouldn't be any scales in any of the pastries. She then looked back to the male before waiting for him to say something.

"Actually, I'm a ferret," Theif said, grabbing the bag. "That's probably where my love of theiving comes from."

Styles remained silent as he finished his soup. He was deep in thought about the events that took place the past few months. He had been waking up next to dead women since his first girlfriend when he was seventeen. He sighed and rose from the table with his bowl, "Uh, where to I put this", he asked. It was strange talking to a big winged lizard about dishes but he guessed this was his life now. He looked to the door, "what kinda stores are here? I need to get some things since I arrived here with very little luggage", he asked.

Walking to the edge of her work table she leaped on and shifted in mid leap. Turning to him she then pointed to a sink as she spoke, "Just put some water in it to let it soak." She then moved a hand through her hair in thought before she began to list them, " There is a couple of clothing stores, a furniture place, the market, I believe there is a pet shop but it may have closed I don't remember." She then shrugged before she looked over to him.