EchotheWolf

The New Greenfield

Brutus made an angered noise. Same pain from being hit in the stomach with a large rock. Brutus was momentarily stunned, giving Yang enough time to run.

Kenny heard racket as the other windows blew out and his door nearly broke. Furious, he marched outside and fired a shot into the woods. That would take a good deal of repairing. Sorceress thieves. Next time he saw her he would shoot without a word.

((I feel so stupid. Sorry.))

Rain and Damon had already left the house. "Interesting."

-

Raven saw Kenny approach the scene. "Great."

((Tis fine, Raven.))

Yang took the chance and escaped the battle, not once looking back as she sprinted through the woods. This world was a scary place, one she was fearful of and intrigued by all at once. Still, she couldn't stay there long. She had to find Yin and find a way back through the dimensional tear. After all, Yin was always the more chaotic of the two. Though, she too also understood the importance of the balance, so hopefully she would be compliant in coming back.

~~

Yin chuckled as she heard the shots ring out. She hadn't gone through he woods, she had gone through the city, deeper in. She'd be back, and she'd be prepared. Just not now. For now, she had to rest. That pulse of energy took a good bit of energy out of her, and that man had guns. She would need to be in tip-top shape if she wanted to even dare challenge him.

((EDIT: Was rushed before. I've fixed up the post with more detail.))

Edited by Drako_tamer

Brutus, like a hunter with a bunch of hounds, pursued. The troops of Foxes barked and chased Yang and Brutus followed them. She was not slowing down. Still in pursuit, the foxes were starting to bark loud enough for the people in town to here.

What Yang lacked in fight, she more than made up for with flight. Sprinting through the forest, she didn't stop until she found a tree tall enough to climb up out of reach with. Leaping up the first two feet, she frantically scaled the tree, making her way up before jumping onto a nearby rooftop. There, she continued to run, making her escape over the city streets. Eventually, she happened upon a house with several broken windows. Taking a chance, she jumped into one, tucking and rolling into the room within before hiding under the nearby bed. Hopefully, he wouldn't think to look there.

((Perhaps not the best choice of hideouts...))

~~

After a while of searching, Yin finally found a place to rest. A home, abandoned by its owner, with boards over the doors and windows. "Perfect," she thought, walking over to the door and ripping the boards off. Upon walking in, she noticed that the furniture had been all taken out, with nothing remaining but a few cabinets and a floor mat on the bottom level where a kitchen and living room were supposed to be. No biggie; she had never had a bed before anyway. They both slept on mats on the ground.

Heading upstairs, she found that the bathroom was still fully furnished and, upon further investigation, had working plumbing. Still caked in dirt from her rude river awakening, she decided to shower. Perhaps that would help clear her mind.

Kenny's gun made an iconic pump noise. "If that pale thieving sorceress girl walks in here I am going to shove this gun down her throat and shot her intestines to bits!" Kenny yelled angrily. He didn't know Yang was under his bed as he walked over to board more windows, keeping his rifle close.

Brutus saw she was a fleet footed one, and lost track of her. "Find her, and bring her to me." he ordered three foxes as they walked into town.

Yang kept her mouth shut as Kenny stormed in, yelling angrily at the top of his lungs. Boy, did he seem furious! Though she tried to ignore his enraged rants, a few details caught her attention. "Pale, thieving sorceress girl?" she thought, thinking for a moment before it dawned on her. "Oh, no..."

Before she could investigate further, Kenny's boots stirred up a large cloud of dust that drifted underneath the bed. Not used to such large amounts of dust, she sneezed, realizing in a split second what she had done as her hands shot up to cover her mouth. This was not going to be fun to explain.

Kenny heard a sneeze from under his bed. He saw a darker girl hiding there. "What are YOU doing in here? You going to break my windows and door too?" he said pointing his gun down at Yang.

Rain stopped, and Damon looked to her with concern. "Rain?"

"Do you hear that?"

Damon's face contorted in confusion. "Hear what?"

Rain then glanced around, making sure no one was in sight, then spread her wings to take flight. "Come on."

Damon froze up for a few seconds. He looked at her beautiful wings. Then turned away. "I can't, you go." He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Try."

Damon shook his head, slipping from Rain's hand. "I can't."

"Just try." Rain said quietly. Damon looked to her. Then with a heavy sigh, he slipped off his leather jacket. The scars on his back had begun to fade, yet not to his knowing. Rain smiled, taking a few steps back. Damon reached down, trying to find a sense of good he had left. Ashy wings began to form on his back. Rain smile grew. And suddenly, there was a demon, with a little help from an angel, with his wings again. "How'd you..."

"I didn't, that was you."

"But..."

"So maybe I brought the good I saw in you a little closer to the surface. But we can talk later, let's go."

Yang squeaked when she saw Kenny point the gun at her, her skin going paler than normal. Great, first a brute with a machete, now this? "I-I'm so sorry, sir," she stuttered, crawling out from under the bed while all the while keeping her eyes trained on the gun. "I was being chased, and I saw that your window was broken, so I came in here to hide until it was safe to go. Don't kill me, please."

Kenny lowered his gun. "Hide from who?" he asked puzzled. Last villains in Greenfield hadn't been seen for a long time. Either they were dead or just inactive. He hadn't seen the pale giant, nor his fox minions.

Yang relaxed, putting her hands down and lowering her guard. Perhaps he was just angry. After all, if it was Yin who had broken in, she could understand his anger. "Some man named Brutus and his pack of white foxes," she answered, rubbing her injured hand. It didn't hurt much, but it stung something fierce.

Fears confirmed... Brutus. The burly man was most cold blooded, merciless killer. "I got something for that hand." Kenny said noticing her bloody hand. He pulled out a glass bottle full of red liquid. "This will only sting for a moment" he said gingerly pouring it over the wound. A healing potion for minor wounds.

Yang barely even winced as the potion was poured over her wound, her pitch black wyes watching the man's every move. She was used to pain like this, what with Yin's daggers and brass knuckles, but at least she healed pretty quickly in the yin-yang world. "So... I couldn't help but overhear you talking a little. Something about a pale sorceress?" she asked, the words coming out as a rhetorical question. "Would you mind telling me a bit more about her? I have a bad feeling that I know who you're talking about."

"Oh THAT one..." Kenny replied, then continued "Well she was about your size, was very pale. Plus she broke a lot of windows. I threatened to shoot her for thievery and then my whole house gets messed up. I think she might be a relative of Brutus..." Kenny said.

Yang cringed. Just as she had suspected, Yin had already managed to cause trouble in the overworld within minutes of being thrown into it. Great. Just great. "Well, uh, about that," she stammered, twiddling her fingers. "She's my sister. Well, sister creation anyway. You see, I'm the embodiment of Yang. It sounds crazy, I know, but it's true. I was created when humans first showed signs of compassion and goodwill towards each other. But that's not the point. My point is, I'm sorry about my sister. Do you know where she went? We got separated when we got thrown into the overworld, and if I don't find her, she'll keep causing chaos on a massive scale."

~~

Meanwhile, said maker of chaos had just awoken from a nap to the sound of several paws hitting the ground. Sitting up, she stretched and stood up, tightening her belt before walking outside. What she saw was three albino foxes, and they seemed to be tracking something. Grinning, she fell into step behind them, moving as silently as a shadow. Then, after a while, she aimed three bolts of dark energy at their hind ends, trying to spook them out of tracking.

((Finals...))

The foxes yipped like scared puppies as they ran back to Brutus. Brutus walked out of the bushes, seeing a girl as pale as he. "You little sorceress! I bet you love this town as much as the puny witches living here." he said instantly drawing his machete. The foxes hit my magic ready to attack.

Before Kenny answered, he heard yelling. "Brutus." he muttered grimly. "I wonder what invasion he is going to make." he said as he walked out the door.

Yang followed Kenny, getting a bad feeling about the yelling. Not just because the source of the yelling had tried to murder her earlier, but because she already knew that Yin was somewhere in the town. Now, she knew that the devious twin could hold her own, perhaps slightly better than Yang herself, but still. If she was killed in battle, the balance would be offset, perhaps for centuries until someone showed malice again and, while a peaceful world may sound appealing, an offset like that would cause people to care more about others than themselves, effectively wasting away in their attempts to better the lives of those around them.

~~

Yin turned her head when she heard the man yelling, her piercing white eyes glaring into his. Then, a twisted grin spread across her face as she reached into her gi, pulling out a pair of brass knuckles with wicked-sharp spikes on them and slipping them on before turning to face her enemy. "Go ahead," she sneered, flexing her knuckles. "Fight me. I'll tie ya in a knot and serve your remains to a tribe of cannibals."

No one dared Brutus for a fight. They either ran or died. He grinned, an apparent glee. Someone to even dare think, to win a brute melee fight against him. He drew his machete, and took the first swing.

Kenny saw Brutus and the sorceress fighting. "Let them kill each other, then I can shoot the winner. Kill two birds with one stone." he told Yang. He pulled the bolt on the gun back, keeping it pointed down until one of them died.

Yang looked on with concern as she saw her sister in creation fighting against the same brute that had attacked her earlier, that concern only growing stronger when she heard Kenny's remark. He really didn't get it, did he? "Please don't," she whispered, her tone pleading. "Without her, the balance between good and evil would be thrown completely off-kilter. Imagine a world where everyone was kind towards one-another, and there was no violence... But nobody took care of themselves. Everyone would become so concerned about the wellbeing of their neighbors, that they would forget to care for themselves and waste away. It's happened before, and it nearly wiped out the human race."

She shivered at the memory. So many people wasted away before her very eyes, and yet, she was literally worlds away. All she could do was wait for Yin to be reborn, for on her own, she was powerless.

~~

When Brutus swung at her, Yin quickly sidestepped away, charging up a pulse but not releasing it. Then, she took a swing at the Bruce's now-exposed side. If all went to plan, the pulse would fire off as soon as she made contact, which could cause massive bruising or even bone fractures if placed properly. At the very least, it would rattle up his internal organs a bit, possibly causing some temporary disturbances within them.

(Under other circumstances, I'd be upset that people were roleplaying with characters that were not yet accepted... but I have to admit, I got lazy with this. I haven't checked this for about a month now, so I don't mind. Forms are accepted! I really hope Claw rejoins... My plotline literally revolves around what she's doing. xd.png Ahh.... recap?)

((I got my form approved by Sweet. I would have waited, but... Patience isn't my strong suit.

Anyway, I'm not sure what all happened before I joined, but here's a recap from my perspective:

My characters, Yin and Yang, were shot through a dimensional rift into the overworld. They were shot in two different directions, with Yang winding up in a tree and Yin in a river. Yang was promptly attacked by Brutus while Yin went off towards Greenfield to cause some mayhem. While Yang was in battle, Yin busted out several windows by using pulses of dark energy and broke into Kenny's house. There, she stole a bite to eat and nearly got away with it until Kenny came back and threatened to shoot her. She left the premises, but shot a large pulse of dark energy back at the house, blowing out most of the windows and blowing one of the hinges of of his front door. She then fled into the city, finding an abandoned home to use as a temporary base.

Meanwhile, Yang had punched Brutus in the throat to daze and fled, not being one to fight. Brutus proceeded to try and track her down, but Yang managed to make it into Greenfield and shake them off her tail... By hiding in Kenny's house. There, she was quickly discovered and questioned. After she assured Kenny that her intentions were good, they heard Brutus' yelling and followed the noise, hoping to stop him from invading the town.

Turns out that, in the meantime, Yin had found a few of his foxes and pegged them with a few small bolts of dark energy. So Brutus, taking it as a threat, challenged her to a battle. Yin, to his shock, gladly accepted. So now, they're fighting, and Yang and Kenny are making sure that nothing is going on. Raven is there too, but she hasn't gotten involved yet.

For further details, you might want to ask either Raven or Boom.))

Brutus took the blow with his fore arm, and made a quick jab to cause minor bleeding. Bleeding would surely weaken anything. Kenny watched amused. It was suicide to challenge Brutus to a melee fight, and he wondered if the sorceress would cheat with magic to win. He held his gun ready to aim at the victor any moment. When Yin asked Brutus to stop in a pleading tone, he just replied "Brutus shows no mercy. You either escape him or he kills you.".

Yin jumped back from the jab, but doubled over anyway and grunted as if he hit her. Then, after a few seconds of letting him think that he won, she pulled her daggers out of her gi and lunged forward, her entire being sparking with dark energy as she aimed a hard stab to his gut and a quick slash to his forehead. If she hit his forehead, he wouldn't die, but he would bleed into his eyes. If she landed the stab, he'd be dead. No matter where she hit, she was going to discharge dark energy into him. Admittedly, she was out-muscled. But when it came to fighting, she was an opportunist rather than a brute, aiming for the weak points of her opponent and hitting them repeatedly.

Yang could only look on as it looked for a moment as if it were the end. However, she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her sister get back into the fight. Though, Kenny's remark irked her slightly. What was he implying? That she couldn't fight him off? Brutus may have been strong, but he was still only human. What would he be without his foxes and his blades? "Is that a challenge?" she asked, the dark side of her slipping out and turning her veins black for a moment.

((And here's that ego I discussed.))