Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

Oh yes! I encourage mermen. If kept out of water too long, mermaids do become humans, however I think in this case they wouldn't have been out of water for years though because they distrust humans.

Username: lycrawaterz14

Name: M'rellia

Species: M'rillit (Fancy goddess mermaid thingy)

Appearance: UGH! Lost the other one! Oh well. This will work. She wears long gauze-like skirts to hide the fact that she no longer has her tail, but two human legs.

Personality: Regal, with the largest temper you've ever seen. She is in control of all mermaids, since they have all decended from her. She considers them all siblings, though this is far from true. Any mixing of blood is wrong and must be approved by her. She has lost her M'rillit form because of... something. wink.gif

Other: she's a terrible person.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Username: pudding

Name: Grantaire

Species: Merman

Appearance: Grantaire

Personality: Grantaire is an introvert even though he likes to be around other merpeople, especially the mermaids. He's a bit of a flirt with just about everything but still needs his alone time. He likes to spend most of his time sleeping and not doing anything useful, although occasionally he can be convinced to hunt with a group of others.

Other:

Edited by pudding

Hmmmm I'll switch to a human

Username: Raven301

Name: Ever

Species: Human

Appearance: Ever stands at 5' 8" and has long chocolate hair that falls in curls to her mid back. Ever has deep blue eyes the color of the ocean and a bracelet of silver and sapphire dragons circles her wrist. She cannot take the bracelet off and it grows with her, she has had it as long as she can remember. Ever

Personality: RPed

Other: Ever is very tomboyish for her time, never wears any jewlery other than her bracelet, and only wears dresses and skirts when necessary. Ever has always been fascinated with the ocean and sea life and normally lives on a small island with just her and her father.

Edited by Raven301

(erm, by species I just meant human or mermaid but okay)

Username: Sweet_Wyvern

Name: Maktow (Mah-kt-ow)

Appearance: I changed it

Personality: Maktow is playful and curious, often ignoring what he is told to do. He enjoys studying things he finds, including human objects. He wouldn't dare go on land though, everyone knows it is forbidden. He's too nervous to actually approach and speak with a human.

Other: Open for pairing if anyone wants romance!

Younger mermaids won't be as good at speaking 'human' as older ones would be. Mermaids speaking to each other should use italics or /this/ to show that they are conversing in their own language.

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

But of course! Let me make a human and then we can start, everyone okay with this?

Username: Sweet_Wyvern

Name: Natalia

Species: human

Appearance: Ignore the lip ring

Personality: She's usually quiet and dislikes crowds. She was on the ship because she had to travel across the sea, not because she wanted to. She's sometimes snappy without meaning to be.

Other: Open for pairing if anyone wants romance!

Grantaire is also open to romance. But even if he's not, expect him to flirt with just about every one.

Does it have to be human x mermaid? Or can it be human x human or mermaid x merman?

Do the merpeople live in a golden underwater palace and all that fluff? Or pods? Alone?

Sorry for all the questions >.<

Edited by mipuppy1

(I wasn't saying another species... I just meant like... a difference in like... here. Mermaid and M'rillit M'rillit are more fish-like and more... prehistoric-y? I dunno. Lots of fins and frills.)

Username: XiaoChibi

Name: Eden

Appearance: Eden has long, black hair that's styled like this, so he could trick others into thinking that he's the opposite gender as a joke. He plans to get a hair cut soon, but "soon" could be years from now. His tail looks like this. Eden has slate grey eyes, and he often has a disgruntled look. He also wears a silver pendant at all times. Regarding size, he's a bit below average, and hates it whenever merpeople refer to him as "shrimp."

Personality: Eden is a sarcastic individual that has no problem when it comes to speaking his mind. When angered, he gets rather snarky. He's also a bit of a trickster.

Other: He's a bit of a buttmunch. Re: romance, he's bisexual and is open for romance (I think, I've never done the romance thing before. owo)

I'm cool with whatever. But expect Grantaire to not return feelings at first. I like him to be oblivious to love even though he flirts all the time.

FYI: Grantaire is asexual, panromantic.

Edited by pudding

I thought the mermaids were in pods

say 7ish on average per pod

Edited by Raven301

Mermaids live in pods, no gold castle thingies. They're more natural, they don't build and make things like humans.

Yes there can be romance within species. OH! Forgot to add, I am totally okay with romance being not heterosexual. If you wanna have two girls or two guys, go for it.

Any more questions?

(Romance can happen spontaneously or you can agree beforehand, I don't care. Ask in brackets (()) though since we're starting)

Maktow flitted among the waving fronds of kelp, chasing a bright blue fish with a grin on his face and hands outstretched. Despite his scary appearance of black and red, he was actually incredibly friendly with everyone. He was fairly innocent, and always asking questions. And exploring, lots of exploring. When he caught the fish he gave a triumphant 'ha!' and held it close in his hands, examining the yellow stripe it had on it. How did it shine like that?

Natalia leaned on the edge of the boat with a sigh, trying to drown out the music playing with her own thoughts. Parties were so dreary, why would anyone want to talk to people? Pulling her furs tighter around herself, she gazed down at the water and briefly considered jumping to swim back to land. If only she could swim..

Climbing up to the deck Ever sighed as she got a breath of fresh sea air. Walking with easy grace across the tilting ship Ever headed toward the bow where she peered out over the vast water. It's so pretty out today. She tough gazing at the glass-like surface of the water.

((Can the Mermaids preform some kind of magic that enables the humans to breathe under water or do the humans have to stay within easy breathing distance of the air?))

Edited by Raven301

Username: Mipuppy1

Name: Pearl

Species: Mermaid

Appearance: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d6sho1&s=5#.UlIhqGS9Kc0

Personality: Pearl is always happy and bubbly, a little bit naïve and gullible, she's very curious about humans and would love to meet one, even though she knows she's not suppose to.

Other: This form is horrible, ill prettify it later, gtg, bed. (Oh and open to romance)

Grantaire, naturally, was off on his own recharging. Being with the members of his pod was exhausting no matter how much he enjoyed their company. So he often spent time on his own to sleep and regain energy before going back to visit his friends and family. Now was one of those moments. He was lounging on the surface of the water, the waves gently rocking him back and forth. His golden curls floated around his head like some sort of halo, although Grantaire would not have known what that was if someone had told him so and probably would have asked if it was edible. This was lovely. Being by himself, listening to the world pass by around him. It was so calming and relaxing. And he was content.

((Accepted. And no, humans can't breathe underwater unless they are changed. Also, I'm gonna alter a rule- a mermaid kiss doesn't change you unless you're underwater. Everyone cool with that?))

((That seems appropriate. Grantaire would forget a little fact like that and try to kiss someone out of the water, then wonder why they haven't grown fins.))

Closing her eyes Ever pretended she was back home. Why her father made her go to the mainland every spring was beyond her, sure she met other people her age and brought back supplies but she was happy back home with the wind in her face and sand between her toes. Sighing again Ever reluctantly opened her eyes again turning around she moved to go back inside when suddenly the boat pitched sideways. Stumbling over to the railing Ever's eyes widened as she looked over the side of the ship where a huge crack in the ships side was allowing water to pour in.

Maktow accidentally let the fish free, giving a little squawk of indignation as it raced off. Hey! The young merman swam after it, determined to win back his prize. He was barely below the surface of the water, a shimmer of black and red the only sign that something was amiss. However, he was close enough that when he slapped his tail against the water, he coincidentally sprayed water all over Grantaire's relaxing figure. "sorry!" he called innocently over his shoulder.

Grantaire never saw the splash coming until the water was raining down on his face. His eyes snapped open as he sputtered and sat up quickly, just in time to see Maktow race by. What was he running from or chasing now? Deciding he had been sunbathing for long enough, he followed Maktow at a slightly slower pace than the young merman. "Slow down," He said with a frown. "What are you even doing? It's a beautiful day, we've all eaten recently. You should be relaxing."

Edited by pudding