Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

That doesn't make sense! the merman shrieked after him then crossed his arms and looked away. That was silly. They were silly. He paused then turned his gaze on the humans quizzically. Why kelp?

Hexilain couldn't help but burst out laughing, it was to funny! But also nice. Two races were learning to get along and not responding with fear or violence like both races normally did. Sea Serpents, however, weren't exactly great of role models for social interaction. Most serpents lived their lives in solitude and occasionally with their immediate family. His consisted of his father, mother two other brothers and himself. Though he had been exiled due to his wild ideas of anarchy, mainly because his father was the reigning king... But little details like that didn't matter anyway.

As the merpeople went to find kelp Ever went back to the others and explained that they were going to weave blankets out of kelp and give them to the merpeople.

((Don't die!))

Natalia wrinkled her nose. "Why do they need blankets, exactly?" She asked cynically, looking at the water and then at Ever. She still wasn't happy that she'd been hissed at.

Enrik was tearing away kelp, making sure it was strong enough to be woven. He liked helping. He wanted the mermaids and the humans to get along. And him and Natalie. She was very kind. She would like him... probably. Right? I mean... he was kind to her, so she would be kind to him in turn...? Right?

"And how can I weave if I can't even see my hands?" Matthew asked. He frowned at the thought of weaving. Doing any kind of tedious work such as weaving was near impossible for the young man. It was a difficult task to even walk without falling! He crossed his arms and frowned in the direction of Ever.

Namina slid back into the water and jetted off. She knew where the best kelp grew, because that's where fish liked to gather. Long strands of healthy seaweed were severed easily with her sharp claws. The mermaid returned with a thick collection of kelp around her neck, surfacing on the beach to set them by the humans.

"Enrik says that they will most likely return the blankets." Ever explained to Natalia. Turning to Matthew Ever frowned, "You can help us pick out the pieces that are torn or too short." Ever suggested as Namina dropped some kelp on the beach. Walking over and bring the kelp back to the fire Ever handed Matthew a piece, "That is as short as it can be." she said before picking out a few of the longest strands and starting her blanket.

Enrik returned with a healthy sized batch, but nowhere near the size of Namina's. "Yay! I can show you now. Who wants to learn?" He grinned happily.

Natalia sighed and lifted a hand. "Well fine then, teach me how I guess," she relented, moving over to Enrik and looking over the halfling.

Grantaire watched everything unfold then slowly laid down on the rock, looking away from the group. I don't understand! he declared loudly then closed his eyes. I'm going to take a nap. This has all been waaaaay too stressful. Wake me when I get less grey scales and hair.

You could come learn with the humans! Enrik whined. He smiled at Natalia though. "Like this." He threaded out one piece of kelp and laid it on his lap, then another in the opposit direction and knotted the corners. He took two others, and repeated the process, and now he had four knots in the top corner. "Once done it will be like a quilt." He smiled at her, pleased. "You try?" He handed her two pieces.

Grantaire didn't answer but instead closed his eyes and rested on the rock. His tail was only slightly in the water but he could be seen laying there, sleeping from the beach. His body slowly curled up in ball, rather similar to the way a cat would sleep.

Namina took multiple trips to and from her usual hunting grounds to deliver kelp to the humans. Once she felt as if there was enough, she swam over to Grantaire and joined him in a nap. At least, she basked in the sunlight until she grew tired.

Matthew's frown only deepened. Busywork so he wouldn't feel bad? That was so typical. He went ahead and sorted the kelp he was given, however. All he had to do was run his fingers along the length of each slimy strand and discard the ones that were too short. It wasn't hard, but it frustrated Matthew that he wouldn't do more.

Maktow looked between his kind and the working humans, unsure of where he should stand in the matter. In the end he just scooted close and rested his chin on his arms to watch the humans work.

Natalia watched him, wrinkling her nose as she tried to follow the pattern. It didn't look too complicated. Taking the two ends, she began slowly copying what he had done. "Like this?" She asked after a moment. It was sloppy, but correct.

Natalia was a bit surprised by his eagerness, but decided that it was just his species that made him that way. "Sure," she agreed, duplicating the knot she'd made, only less sloppy.

Grantaire quickly found himself sleeping, completely relaxed despite the sudden invasion of territory on several regards. His head rested on his arms with his back exposed to the sun over head while his tail hung down from the rock, only a few inches above the water. Relaxation was just what he needed right now. A quick nap would do him well.