Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

Turning Emrik on his side Ever patted hard on the back, trying to get all the water out. Seeing Emrik's leg wound Ever took off her shirt, revealing a black tank-top underneath. Scooping some water with her hands Ever cleaned off the punctures before tightly wrapping the shirt around them and tying it in a knot. As the man that got attacked walked up onto the beach Ever asked him, "Do you know how to stop the bleeding?"

"Yes." Hexilain stated, offering a small smile. He knelt down beside the wounded halfling and cast a healing spell. "That should do it. And I do apologize if I caused trouble." he said politely.

"Not too much." Ever said before glancing over her shoulder at Maktow, "Excuse me." She said walking over to the rocks where the mermaids were located. "Maktow?" Ever asked cautiously, she didn't want to be attacked.

Enrik coughed up a bit more water and awoke. He was still in pain, so he merely curled up on himself and moaned.

"Thank you." Hexilain said sincerely. "I'd only just introduced myself and yet you still tried to protect me. Why?" He asked, still kneeling beside him.

Maktow shied away from Ever, further into the loving grip of his companions. There had just been an intense fight and he didn't want to start another. Especially not with her. But he was also sort of sensitive at the moment, considering everything that was happening.

Natalia wandered over to Enrik as well and poked at Hexilain. "What are you exactly?" She asked, seeing no scales or frills like the others.

Grantaire looked up, not sure who 'Maktow' was since he didn't understand the human language. But based off the merman's reaction, he was able to come to a conclusion quickly. "Maktow not talk now," he said, wrinkling his nose as he tried to speak. It was hard speaking human. "Maktow scared."

As Maktow shrank away from her Ever nodded to Grantaire, "Ok." she said turning around and walking back to the others. Well that had hurt. Ever thought to herself as she watched Emrik slowly regain consciousness.

Enrik looked up and Hex and then back down. "...not enough people would do the same for me." He shrugged, and coughed more, the saltwater drying out his throat.

"Well, I hope I am not presumptuous in saying so but, I would. And your kindness has earned you my friendship, if you want it." He offered, standing up and facing another human who poked him. "I am a sea serpent. Although, I thought that would've been apparent by now. I see humans are not famed on their skills of deduction for a reason." He said with a hint of sarcasm.

Edited by chicbecause

Grantaire glanced down at Maktow then back to the humans on the beach. "Wait!" he called out, making use of his limited vocabulary. "Human, back here." he gestured for her to walk back over to them so he could try to talk.

As Grantaire called her back Ever turned around and walked over, "What?" Ever said not unkindly, I wonder why Maktow can speak human so much better than the others when he appeared to be the youngest.

Edited by Raven301

Natalia rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry, but up until today I didn't think creatures like you existed. You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little skeptical," she shot back, crossing her arms.

Maktow listened silently but kept his eyes closed, focusing on the sounds of Grantaire's steady breathing.

"Enrik... and..." He looked over at Natalie. "Um... you know what, nevermind." He just smiled, and wobbled. "Okay... my leg is really hurt."

"War," Grantaire said then grimaced and shook his head. Wrong word! Opposite of that. "Plum," he tried then shook his head again. This was hard! His nose wrinkled more and more as he struggled through words before finally managing to say, "Peace." His eyes lip up and he nodded quickly. That was it! "Peace!"

"Peace?" Ever asked, "You want peace?" she guessed. Were we being unpeaceful somehow? she thought to herself.

Grantaire nodded quickly, not even going to bother to try and speak more complicated human words. Well, except maybe one. "Friiiendssss," he purred, stretching out the word as he tried to sound it out.

"Friends." Ever said nodding, "Humans and merpeople are friends." she said extending her hand, "Humans and serpents are friends." she said extending another arm to point at Hex on the beach, "Can merpeople and serpents be friends?"

Namina returned to her pod and clawed her way over to them. She minded Ever's presence, and made sure the human wasn't hurt as she navigated to the mermen. The siren settled down beside the two, and half curled her tail around them. It always made her feel better when she could wrap her tail around the two. It made her feel safer knowing they were okay and in her protection. As Grantaire and Ever talked, Namina felt as if she should join in. A long while of thinking of the peoper words had her look frustrated. "C-Chaos iin pods." She finally uttered the proper words. Human felt odd on her tongue when speaking it.

"Chaos in pods." Ever repeated, not understanding, "Ever" she gestured to herself, "Doesn't understand."

Enrik apparently wasn't heard. "There is only chaos in pods when there is fear." His voice had a regal tone to it, a commanding presence, like a clap of thunder. His expression faltered. "Trust me."