Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

Grantaire stared down at Maktow, a frown on his face. That was true. At the younger merman's request, he sighed and gestured for the merman to join him on the rock. How did this all start again? This entire argument started because he had tried singing. Maybe singing would solve the problem. Trying to comfort the sad merman, he began humming softly as he tail flicked back and forth.

Maktow eagerly pulled himself up and wriggled close to Grantaire, a noise close to a purr coming from him as he listened to the other merman sang quietly. Tilting his head, he looked invitingly at Namina. There was room for all of them.

"Hello, I'm called Hex. But my real name is Hexilain." Hex introduced. "I suppose you're human, aren't you?" He asked, nodding toward the female. "My apologizes. That question might be disturbing.... to some." He added.

"Not to us so much anymore." Ever said, smiling slightly, "But yes we are human, may I ask what you are?"

Edited by Raven301

Namina was about to join the teo mermen, when her head snapped towards the island. Her sharp predatory senses could detect a new voice from her distance away. She bristled yet again, diving back into the water and rocketing towards the humans. When she got close enough...Namina attacked violently. She shot from the water with claws extended, hissing at the intruder.

Matthew had been listening to all of this quietly, holding his dress coat over his nose in an attempt to slow the bleeding. He grew wary when two new voices were heard, but it wasn't like he was able to fend for the group. "Ever, if you could set my n-" He was cut off by the sound of Namina's attack.

Enrik didn't even think, but merely stepped in the way of the attack. He wasn't sure if he took the brunt of it or not, all he knew was that it hurt. He hissed right back, standing his own.

Grantaire quickly held Maktow close when Namina went on the attack. His singing quickly changed to a much more comforting, much louder sound as he tried to keep Maktow's eyes away from Namina. Maktow didn't need to see this, or hear this.

Hex jumped back in surprise, shifting into his enormous serpent form as he prepared to fight. Right as he began casting a defensive spell, the male that had been talking to the female stepped in front of it, blocking Hex from most of the attack. Hex jumped into the water and splashed his large tail at the attacker, creating a current that would hopefully put some distance between her and the island.

As the merepeople again began fighting Ever heard Matthew and walked over to him, "Do you want me to set it?" she asked touching his now swollen nose.

Edited by Raven301

Namina dove under the water to shield herself from the wall of water, shooting back up and dartibg t the serpent. Don't you hurt our humans! she snarled. Instead of attacking the much larger creature, she released a shockwave of a screech from her mouth. Not only was it a deafining noise, but it had physical force to it. Find something else to eat!

Looking out at the two sea creatures Ever wondered why Namina had attacked, had the man looked like a threat to her. He hadn't hurt or even been rude to them. Although that didn't mean he wouldn't in the future.

Enrik was pulled into the water, Namina's claws doing a number on him. The screech rattled him even more, and as his ears rang his eyes slowly unfocused. He began to panic. There was now blood gushing from his nose again and his punctures from Namina's claws. His vision slowly faded to black and he went limp.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

I have no intention of hurting them! Hex thought back at her, ducking down under the water to dull the ear-breaking noise. He gritted his sharp teeth against the pain it caused his sensitive ears before darting forward with lightning quick speed, swing his tail at the attacker in attempt to push her back further, without harming her. I was only curious. I apologize if I have intruded upon your territory. I was unaware this island was claimed. He shifted back into his human form to prove his sincerity. Edited by chicbecause

Maktow didn't really get a chance to see or hear what was happening, as Grantaire shielded him from it. He was grateful however, because being the youngest member of the pod, he was very impressionable and innocent. He wouldn't dream of fighting anything but his dinner. Tucking his head under the older merman's chin, he shut his eyes and let the sound of singing fill his head, blocking out the other sounds.

Natalia staggered back when a fight exploded around them. How had that happened?! "We need to move!" She hissed at Ever and Matthew, trying to pull them away.

(No, Enrik is just a really bad hero and got inbetween them and is now drowning )

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Grantaire shook slightly when Namina screeched, unable to protect his own ears since he was too busy cradling Maktow. He grimaced and raised the volume of his own voice, trying to block out the screech as much as he could.

((Oh ok))

As Natalia pulled them towards the forest Ever helped Matthew to his feet and then followed her. "Wait! What about Emrik?" she asked looking around for the man and finally spotting him in the midst of a red cloud in the water. Muttering something over her shoulder Ever waded out into the water until it was deep enough to swim before plunging into the waves with a near perfect dive, living pratically on the waves Ever was a great swimmer. Swimming quickly through the water Ever grabbed on to Emrik's waist and pulled him above the waves. Kicking her legs Ever floated on her back as she paddled to shore, dragging Emrik's limp body onto the wet sand after her.

Enrik was still out cold, but at least now could breathe a bit. His lungs still had a by of water, so his body gurgled and coughed until that was emptied.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Maktow gave a soft whimper and wrapped his arms tightly around Grantaire, breath hitching as the sound of the shriek pierced through the facade of happy music. Trying to help, he added his own gentle, tenor voice to the mix, mostly harmonizing. He was never keen on being the main event, he just enjoyed adding subtle undertones to the songs to give it dynamics.

On their rock, both of them were in danger. If the fight dragged out any longer, they could easily be caught up in the midst. But Grantaire didn't either recognize this or try to remedy it for he simply sat there, singing to Maktow to try and comfort the both of them. Hopefully, the fight would not continue and end up with them getting hurt.

Namina bared her teeth, but relented with Hex's change in form. These humans are under our protection. You may stay here under the condition that you are not to harm neither the humans nor the halfling. she decided. Enough damage had been done here. Hopefully the serpents would take the hint and leave the humans alone. She hissed softly, before turnibg away and swimming back to the rock her pod rested on.

Thank you. Though it appears you have caused your pod more harm than I He replied, swimming up to the surface. Unfortunately his human form required air, as it didn't have gills. That could be rectified with magic. However, body modification magic was a bit painful, especially in such a a fragile form. He rose back up out of the water and onto the sands of the beach.

Grantaire didn't relax and continued to sing comforting words to Maktow. All this fighting was awful. First the humans, now these... Things. It was exhausting. He glanced at the beach then downwards. We should make peace.