Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

(Accepted!)

Maktow cooed softly in contentment as his hair was touched. He loved it when his hair was stroked, touched; anything of the sort. He rubbed back against her face with his own, visibly relaxing at the touches.

(Accepted!)

Maktow cooed softly in contentment as his hair was touched. He loved it when his hair was stroked, touched; anything of the sort. He rubbed back against her face with his own, visibly relaxing at the touches.

Grantaire didn't move much as the two behind him comforted one another. Stay and die, leave and die. Could it be, he declared, awareness suddenly filling his features. Ah, he understood now. our lives don't mean anything at all? He mused this new information over, a frown on his features.

Enrik's nose was still gushing, and he now was shivering. It was colder outside the water. The other pod was bonding, so he felt unwecome. He wandered over to the humans, smiling. "Hello." He said quietly.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

(I'm on to you pudding. I see what you did there.)

Natalia looked over to see a boy in the shallows, clutching a bleeding nose. Surprised, she hurried forward and tore a portion of her jacket off, moving it towards his nose to stop the flow. "Are you alright? Here, hold this there," she instructed.

((*cough* I dunno what you're talking about.))

Grantaire rolled onto his back so he was staring up at the sky. He glanced at the humans, his eyes suddenly widening. He turned back to his pod and stared down at them. We saved thier lives. Without us, they'd be dead, correct?

As the merpeople fought Ever watched in silence, in shock. Their emotions were so much stronger than humans! As Natalia rushed over to the boy Ever told Matthew to stay put and followed. Noticing the boy's fins and a patch of scales covering his ear Ever gasped, "Are you a merman?"

((The humans are on an island close to where their ship sank. Are they part of that?))

I don't care what some nasty mermaid says, we did the right thing in making sure they didn't drown. She was punished like in the stories, her tail split in two for loving a human. She's a hypocrite! Namina frowned after speaking, and coiled closer to Maktow on the rock. They were going claimed by the sea, and we kept them from drowning. So yes, they would be dead if not for us. What are you getting at, Grantaire? Pale blue eyes drifted upwards to gaze at thr blonde merman. She didn't understand what he was trying to say.

Edited by shadow_claw

Enrik's eyes widened, before becoming warm at the female taking care of him. "Um...yes. I'm barely M'rilit. I'm half human." He was still staring at her. "What is your name?"

"Natalia," the girl replied, gaze lifting to meet his before back down at his nose. "I don't think this is broken. So.. You came from the sea?" She asked, looking at his fins.

Maktow coiled his tail around hers, shifting even closer if that was possible. He felt better when someone was there to comfort him, especially a female. Namina was a strong protector of the group.

(♫ Our little lives don't count at all ♫ )

"Natalia," the girl replied, gaze lifting to meet his before back down at his nose. "I don't think this is broken. So.. You came from the sea?" She asked, looking at his fins.

Maktow coiled his tail around hers, shifting even closer if that was possible. He felt better when someone was there to comfort him, especially a female. Namina was a strong protector of the group.

(♫ Our little lives don't count at all ♫ )

"Yes. My mother is M'rellia. That queen you met earlier." He dipped his head. "My name is Prince Enrik." His fins flared out a little and he twisted his head. Are you alright? From the crash?"

((Well they don't.))

Well it's simple, Grantaire declared, amazed with his own cleverness. They'd be dead without us. So their lives belong to us. So they," he pointed to the group of humans, picking them out one by one. are ours. We can do whatever we please because they belong to us. So we can take them away from this island and bring them to their pod. Because they're ours, we get to do what we want. In his brain, this all made sense and seemed to somehow grant them immunity to whatever the mermaid from before had said. She hadn't saved them. They had.

"Yes we all arrived at the beach in full health but Matthew broke his nose. My name is Ever by the way." Ever said distractedly as she looked at the fins on his head with an amazed interest.

"It is nice to meet you Ever." He responded. He was glad he had spent what little time on land that he did, even if he was hiding and not allowed to interact. "My mother has said that this pod is to take care of you, I'm sure you have been told... I hope that you will be happy here. Perhaps you could even pair up and claim mates, then this could be your own territory~" he seemed quite pleased with this idea. "I'm sure the other pods would visit and it would be wonderful. You could language learn as well~" He was excited, and therefore his human began to stumble.

"Mates?!" Ever exclaimed, Can a merperson mate with a human? she thought to herself, Do they mate purely for reproduction? Shaking her head slightly Ever looked back at Enrik, "Before humans mate they take time to get to know the person they might mate with, it's called dating." she explained. Well I guess that's not always true. Ever thought of arranged marriages that noblemen went through to win a lady's land or money.

Enrik frowned. "Same. We don't just choose at random." He shrugged. "You are goin to be here a long time."

"Oh, I guess." Ever said thinking, "Can a merperson and a human mate?" Ever asked. She guessed it could since he spoke of it but how was it even possible?

((Idk how to start so just tell me if they is a problem with whatever I'm doing.))

Hex climbed out of the water and onto the beach of the island, looking at the group of people that had gathered there. What was going on? He walked towards the casually, even sticking his hand up in something of a wave.

Maktow shook his head, still wrapped up with Namina. Even so, she will never allow it. We are stuck, he said miserably, putting his head down. He too would miss exploring the wide blue sea, but he'd rather stay than be hunted down by a goddess. Please stay, he whimpered. Grantaire might run off again..

Natalia looked over at the stranger walking out of the water, then back at Enrik. "Uh.. Did I hear you say that you have human and mermaid parents? Isn't that.. Taboo?" She asked with a small frown.

"Eh... Once that happens the human simply doesn't return. We can't have others knowing. And sometimes pods are messed up, and it's iffy, but not really taboo. At least where I come from. It depends on the pod." He shrugged.

"Oh yeah good point." Ever said blushing and looking down. As Natalia pointed out the taboo Ever frowned, "Never heard of that one." she said. As a man walked up behind them Ever turned to face him, "Who are you?" she asked, and where did you come from? This was getting weirder and weirder.