Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

Maktow cowered slightly at Namina's idea. No.. Don't make me see her again, he begged in a small voice. Luckily, a young halfling took her place, and he was instantly intrigued. He swam closer, inspecting him curiously. That might work..

Grantaire stared at the halfling then slid off the rock and into the water. I'll be leaving now. I've had just about enough of this and there's nothing you can do to stop me. he started slowly and deliberately swimming out to sea.

Maktow made a distressed noise and started to follow him, biting his lower lip. You can't! But.. Grantaire, he tried argue, eventually stopping to watch him swim away with a sad expression. He himself was too afraid to dare challenge M'Rellia.

Namina glanced from Grantaire to the island where the humans resided. She didn't want Grantaire going off alone, because males were useless in defending themselves. But she was also afraid of what punishment would follow in joining Grantaire. The woman from before was definitley a mermaid, even though she had human legs. How would M'Reallia catch them if she had human legs? Namina debated all of this, before darting after Grantaire.

The boy looked scared and confused. N-no! Please don't leave.... Mother said she would slaughter me if you left! He held onto Maktow's arm. Please... Make them come back! Ever and all of those humans will die if they go...

Maktow whimpered softly as their protector dashed off, leaving him alone save for the halfling. He looked over at him, distress rolling off of him in waves. Cant! They won't listen.. And they left me. The poor merman probably would've been crying if that was possible underwater.

Suddenly everything was terrifying. He was alone, without a protector and without friends. They left him in fear. The boy next to him wasn't helping. Maktow gave an anguished cry, hugging himself and curling in on himself. He wasn't even old enough to leave the pod by choice, let alone be abandoned by them.

Enrik wriggled under on of his arms and curled up with him, very afraid as well. I-I'll be in a pod with you. he whimpered, just tryin something, anything to stay with him.

Grantaire smiled to himself when Namina joined him. Good, good. But what about Maktow? A sudden anguished cry from behind answered that question and Grantaire quickly wheeled around to stare at the curled up form. The other merman seemed to be comforting him as well. With a furious snarl, Grantaire darted over and tried to shove the halfling away. Don't touch him! the merman yelled, trying to pull Maktow close. Very territorial creatures, mermen were.

Maktow clung to Enrik, sniffling and whimpering pitifully. O-okay, he managed shakily, not caring that this new podmate had legs instead of a tail. At least he had someone now.

Enrik yelped at the strike and recoiled. He kept close to Maktow, but tried to nurse his now bleeding nose. The force of the push had rattled him, and it was much easier to harm a human form.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Namina's response to Maktow's cry was slightly different. She darted back to him just like Grantaire did, but worriedly nudged and looked the merman over for injuries. She nudged both the halfling and Grantaire away as gently as she could, and held Maktow close. She didn't wan to push the othr two males too far away, but wanted her own space. Oh, you're alright, aren't you? the mermaid asked worriedly. A pod of merfolk were often very touchy and affectionate to each other. Enrik's injury shifted her attention totally. She shifted to hold Maktow with one arm, and carefully ran a hand across Enrik's face. Oh...You're hurt...

Edited by shadow_claw

Enrik let the female examine his wound and whimpered. Blood was now gushing out the injury, and it stung. He tried to manuver as far away from Grantaire as he could without offending the others.

Maktow hid his face in his hands as he was tossed back and forth between concerned merpeople, visibly shaking. He just wanted someone to hold him, but not if they were going to hurt each other..

Grantaire observed the damage he had done then turned away with a furious snort. Fine. He pushed away from then and swam back to the rocks. He pulled himself up onto one of the larger rocks then laid down on it with his back to the group, simply laying in the sun. He was jealous of the halfling and didn't understand why everyone was fussing over him.

Maktow slowly lowered his hands as Grantaire swam off, another whimper building in his chest. Wriggling out of Namina's grip, he swam over to the rocks and pulled himself up slowly. He didn't want the other merman to be mad. Dragging himself over, he tried to work his way under Grantaire's arm to be close to him.

((BTW we could use another male human.))

Namina examined Enrik's nose carefully. It wasn't broken, thank goodness. Sit in the sun. Blood clots faster on land. she instructed the prince. She pointed to the direction of the island, and swam away to visit the rest of her pod. The mermaid poked her head from the water and gazed up a the large rock the mermen rested on. Is everything alright?

Enroll followed her, not wanting to be left alone. He kept his distance from Grantaire, just in case he went hostile again.

((I could make one, if we need one.))

Grantaire didn't respond to Maktow and Namina moving close to him. Instead, he closed his eyes and adjusted his head on the warm rock. I'm fine, he replied dismissively, moving his arm away from Maktow and crossing them over his chest. Why don't you go play with the halfling and the humans? I don't even care anymore. Dying obviously doesn't mean anything to you.

Maktow cast his gaze downward as he was pulled away from. If we leave, dying is what we'll get, he answered solemnly. Still missing that tactile comfort, he slipped back into the water and huddled close to Namina. Dont go, he mumbled.

((Brought you two dudes! Neither of them human I'm afraid... Also, recap? And is there anywhere you'd prefer me to hop in?))

Username: cb

Name: Shandrazel (Call him Shan)

Gender: FEMALE! I've just been calling her a 'him' this entire time! No, I jest. He's male.

Species: Sea serpent. He has a human form too.

Appearance: Sea serpent: http://kuaileblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ran-quy.jpg

Human-ish: http://www.wallpaperhi.com/thumbnails/deta...erhi.com_73.jpg

Personality: Shan is an eternal optimist; he believes you can work out any problem without violence and through the general good of the people. He seeks to protect the weak against those who use their strength to oppress others. He believes firmly in the law and that it would irradiate violence if only people would obey it. Though he is never hesitant to use his strength to get what he wants. The hypocrisy/irony is lost upon him....

Other: Open for romance!

Username: cb

Name: Hexilain (Hex)

Species: Sea Serpent

Appearance: Serpent: http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/209966/l...iant-dragon.jpg

Human-ish: http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/...pg?t=1330122305

Personality: Hex is a firm believer in anarchy, but does not give off the impression of an anarchist if you were to meet him. He calls himself a warrior-philosopher and has deemed it his official title. He is incredibly well educated and well-prepared to defend his beliefs with wit or violence. Law, to him is merely a mock of justice, as there is no way you can enforce the law without the use of violence, which is the very thing the 'law' seeks to protect.

Other: He's Shan's older brother. And very poetic.

((Will they be among the survivors of the wreck?))

Namina ran a hand through Maktow's hair and chattered softly. Bein the only female, that also meant she was the only protector and peacekeeper within the pod. It was basically like babysitting potiential mates. She cooed softly, rubbing her face against his in a comforting manner. They needed to stay together and keep a good relationship. Splitting up was a bad idea