Sweet_Wyvern

Mermaids and Mayhem

Matthew coughed some more blood that fell into his mouth, and shook his head vigorously. "No! Don't touch it! I just...I just need something to slow the bleeding." He insisted. His voice was muffled by the break in the cartilage and the blood that gushed from it. Who knew noses could bleed this much? "Except we breed cattle to slaughter them." He pointed out.

Namina curled her tail in a loose circle around Grantaire. She wasn't convinced for the time being. Maktow was going yo get himself kille d if he kept it up, and she'd have to be the one to save them. At least they still had their wits about them.

"True but we still only kill them for food and hide and they are treated properly up until they die." Looking down at Maktow Ever asked him, "Do you know of anything to stop bleeding?"

Maktow shook his head, looking between the pair of them. No, he had no idea how to stop bleeding. Again he looked out to see, noticing with a certain amount of guilt that the others were staring at him with disapproval in their eyes. Bowing his head, he mumbled an apology and pulled himself to the water again, sliding in and swimming guiltily over to Namina and Grantaire.

Watching as Maktow swam back to the other merpeople Ever helped Matthew to the beach before walking over to the trees. Finding some mosses Ever rinsed them out in the sea water before bringing them back to Matthew, "This should work." Ever said pushing the moss into his hands.

Grantaire watched the exchange, not really able to understand any of it. When Maktow swam back over to them, he motioned for the younger merman to join him behind Namina. They aren't to be trusted," he insisted with a frown. You'll get hurt. How do we know they aren't like the stories? They've done nothing to prove they're nice.

Hanging his head, Maktow shifted next to Namina but not beind her. I just do.. They haven't hurt us yet. I just.. I wanted to help. He looked a lot like a kicked puppy. All he wanted to do was help, and examine the humans like he always wanted, but..

We already helped, Grantaire insisted. He reached out a hand welcomingly to Maktow. Their own pod can find them. If we stay any longer, we'll be in danger.

Maktow looked up, shaking his head. No.. You weren't here. The blue woman.. We are charged to these humans. They have to stay, and we have to keep them alive. If we go, she'll hunt us.. he trailed off. The hand was inviting though, and he shifted closer, hoping to be touched. He was very tactile for his race, and especially liked it when his hair was touched.

Name: Prince Enrik

Species: Half-human, half mermaid.

Appearance: He has brown hair and bright blue eyes, but his ears have his mother's fins behind them. He also has some fins that flare on his arms and on his legs. Scales appear occasionally on his skin, but he doesn't mind them.

Personality: He's a bit shy, and he lives in his mother M'rellia's shadow.

Other:

Grantaire frowned at this but shifted closer to Maktow anyway and gently brushed his cheek with a hand. Why? They'd be better off with their pod than with us. And we'd be better off without them. They've given no indication they can be trusted. He looked at the two then back to the humans. The male seems harmless but I don't trust the females. It doesn't help that they speak that gibberish. Don't they know any of our words?

Maktow leaned into the touch and closed his eyes, relaxing slightly. I don't know. But she threatened to hurt us if we didn't stay with them, he whimpered, looking to the older merman for guidance. Our words are just clicks and screeches to them, just like their words are gibberish to us.

I don't see why they would. Humans don't even know we exist. Namina pointed out. She too looked over at the humans. A frown formed on her pale blue lips. The way the male moved around was..odd. Was something wrong with him? Being a predator, she unconsciously picked out the inferior all the time. Something seems wrong with the male. He doesn't look at the female until she talks, and walks strangely.

Grantaire faltered at the threat of violence, his nose scrunching up in thought. They were in a bind, that was for sure. He turned his gaze to the humans and observed them before patting Maktow's head. You're the only one who can hope to communicate with them. Can you ask them how we know they can be trusted? he looked at Namina then sighed slightly. He seems the most harmless. Especially now that he is injured.

Edited by pudding

(Accepted by the way)

Maktow let himself be patted, mood brightening somewhat, if only a fraction. I'll try.. They aren't mean though, at least Ever isn't, he promised, scooting back and swimming towards the shore. "Eh-ver," he called, stopping in the shallows. "They.. Don't trust you. Want to know how we can trust you."

As Maktow called her Ever walked over and sat down on the edge of the beach, "How?" she asked a bit confused,"Would they like us to do something to prove it?" Wondering what she could do for them merpeople Ever frowned slightly, she didn't know anything about them. What could she do to help when she didn't know their problems?

Edited by Raven301

Maktow nodded, glad that she understood. "Don't know," he sighed miserably. He had no ideas as to how their pods could mingle peacefully. If only he knew more about them! Then maybe he'd be of more use .. For now he was just a translator.

"Do you need anything?" Ever asked, "Anything from land? Wait that's a stupid question, you've never been on land." after thinking for a moment Ever asked, "Can you ask them what we can do?" while gesturing towards Grantaire and Namina.

Grantaire watched Maktow speak gibberish with the human. He looked nervously at Namina then moved back behind her. I wish we could at least speak the same language. We could communicate then...

Maktow gave a nod and turned back to his own kind, swimming a few meters towards them. They want to know what they can do to prove they are trustworthy. She suggested bringing something from land but.. Well, we don't need land things, he called to Namina and Grantaire in a series of chirps and clicks.

That scary woman knew how... Namina trailed off in thought. An idea came to mind soon after speaking. She said we'd be punished if we didn't take care if the humans, so maybe...She'll come for us if we stray, so maybe then we could for help in speaking their language. I know it sounds stupid, but it might work. She frowned at her own suggestion. No, it didn't sound smart in the slightest. It was a terrible idea.

Matthew was busy trying to stop his nosebleed as Ever and Maktow talked. He frowned, and clumisly walked in Ever's direction. A wrong step and forgetting his walking stick led him to trip and fall right into the water. It didn't hurt as badly as his previous fall, but still hurt. His head shot from the water, and the man gasped for air. "Damn it! I have being so censorkip.gif ing useless! I'm a damned danger to myself!" He snarled to himself

As Matthew fell again Ever quickly bent down and helped him to his feet, silent. She didn't know what to say. What did you say to a man who was losing his sight? It must be horrible.

From the deeper water a young male was watching the group, but he retained a human shape. He was very much at ease, and bore a resemblance to M'rellia. I know much of my father's language. He cooed to the pod. My mother sent me here to keep good on your promise to her.

Grantaire hissed softly at the new arrival, feeling brave enough to stand up to another male. I made no promise to anyone! he declared, the frills on the sides of his head moving to stick straight out and make his head appear larger. I see no reason to watch over these humans when they would be better off in their own pod.

Namina inclined her head as yet another male approached. She didn't appear to be hostile, even of the merman she was protecting was. She swam towards the new man, circling him a few times. Males may be territorial of newcomers (especially other males), but females tended to be the more curious ones. Other merfolk weren't threats unless they challenged, and this one surely wasn't. A halfling? Hm... Namina swam in large, lazy circles around the stranger and examined him thoughtfully. That means you wish to join our pod in order to help us...Imm afraid we'll all have to converse over that matter.

The young prince bowed his head. In all due respect I haven't come to join your pod, but the human's. he said respectfully. I am here to serve as a bridge for communication when there is trouble.