BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(( Oooh snap! There's 2 Brother/Sister teams! I'm so going to create the Heght Family Tree!))

(Let the second annual games begin!)

Fang stood tall and upright as he was lifted in the arena. Sure he wasn't as brutal looking as the previous District 6 tribute, but that was what he wanted his enemies to think. The countdown then started from 60. He studied the cornucopia finding the ideal weapon of choice. A sickle. He knew were to run and stationed himself.

Lily was basically shivering when the countdown was at 50. This cornucopia was a lot different, instead of having food, water, and weapons it had fire starters, shelter kits, ice packs, and heavy jackets. Lily didn't want any part of this crazy bath of death, she was going to run down the mountain and get as far away from the bigger, meaner, careers.

(If you have characters you better post them before the countdown reaches 0!)

Silver

Silver breathed deeply and closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm herself down and clear her head. She wouldn't be much use panicky, now would she? Panic never helped anyone, and there was no turning back now. It wasn't like there had ever been a chance to turn back, but now especially she couldn't escape. It was time to go all out and win. Dying wasn't really an option, so being left the only one alive was her only choice. Everyone else in the arena would have to die- including her brother, obviously- but that didn't really matter. Not if she could stay alive.

Well, there was some good things about the arena (Apparently Silver was optimistic today. Yay.). The Cornucopia contained long daggers and some javelins, which would be helpful in killing everyone else. More importantly, it wasn't raining. That was the thing that Silver had worried most about, for some reason. Against the chances that she could die, or be tortured by some sadistic tribute, the idea that she'd never get dry again was the worst thing that she could think of. Silver couldn't really imagine how much being tortured would hurt, but being wet all the time was something that she could imagine.

She really should have been spending the 60 seconds she had before the Games started planning, instead of thinking about how glad she was that it wasn't raining. But really, what was there to plan? Run. Grab a weapon or two. Kill everybody, don't die. Plans were for later, when people stopped dieing every few seconds and things were a bit more peaceful. For now, she could enjoy the sunlight.

Gold

Gold felt horrible when he noticed that his first thoughts when he saw the arena weren't Oh, no, my sister has to go through this a might die, but Oh god, I'm going to die. He knew that he'd give up his life to save her. Anyone would have to know that. He volunteered to protect her, didn't he? So that she wouldn't have to go in alone. Maybe if he helped, Silver wouldn't die like Bronze did. Bronze, at least, had volunteered himself. Silver didn't have a choice in the matter, and that wasn't fair. None of it was fair, to any of them.

Gold couldn't ponder the unfairness of the Games during the 60 seconds he had left, though. He needed to make some sort of plan, something to keep Silver alive. He was trying, but he couldn't think. Knowing that you're going to die in a few days can be a bit stressful, and Gold usually didn't operate well under stress. All he could really think was 'the Cornucopia has swords in it'.

The thought of killing another person made him feel sick. But it was okay, wasn't it? It would all be okay. Only one person would survive anyway- he was just trying to be selective about who would survive and who wouldn't. He wasn't doing it to keep himself alive, and no one would blame him. It would all be okay. He couldn't let Silver die. It would all be okay.

((Crap! I have to post tomorrow! sorry!)

Noel

Noel stood tall in the arena, and immediately looked to his right and left, and he felt that he was in the best place possible to be lifted up. Right next to him was his twin Carol, and to his left was the District Twelve Female, and she'd been evidently weakened from the lack of food in her district. He almost started to feel sorry for her, but this was The Hunger Games, 24 goes in, 1 comes out. If he and his sister were the final two though, they'd outright refuse to kill each other. He glanced at the Cornucopia, and saw a large collection of sickles, they'd be good to grab. He saw his sister looking at him and gave her a small smile and a thumbs up, and she returned the same gesture. He then looked closer at the arena, they seemed to be on a plateau, and he could also see a mountain up top, and judging by the amount of snow he could see on it, its temperature had been artificially lowered.

Carol

Carol gave a smile and a thumbs up to Noel and started to focus on the arena and the Cornucopia, she saw a large array of knives, but no whips. She'd have to get sponsors for that. She examined the tribute to her right, the boy from 10. she pondered whether he'd be a big threat or not, since he grew up farming, he could be dangerous with whips. She then had a striking thought. Leave him alive, he'll get sponsors, he'll get a whip, we'll kill him, I'll get a whip. It was a perfectly formulated plan. She then thought about the district 1 pair, and how many similarities they had to her and Noel.

(( Wooo! Christmas colours for the Heght Twins!))

30 seconds

Fang still looked at his options. Run and die on Day 3 or battle and live till day 12. Unless these games were as short as the previous ones, he was going in. He noticed the District 6 Female, from his district, turned the whole opposite way. Fang noticed the District 8 Male who looked just as deadly as the one last year. He then looked at the District 9 tributes. Last year there tribute almost one an got 2nd. And killed Buck. Fang didn't want to fight them as they would most likely kill him in a similar fashion. If he could survive that long. It looked like the girl from 8, boy from 10, and girl from 6 were planning on running away. The rest, ready to battle.

Lily, like the two other tributes, was faced away from the cornucopia. Last year both tributes from her district made it far, but died to wolf like mutts.

Edited by BoomSALMON

(( Quick question, during the last hunger games you said you were going to make some realism changes, what were those exactly?))

Zaria tried to think clearly. She didn’t know what emotion she was feeling. Excitement? Fear? Glory? Maybe a mix of all three. She wanted a sword. Last year it seemed that the D2 girl had won. She started out with a sword and was horrible with it. It wasn’t until she got a bow that she did any damage. Zaria didn’t want to do that, she wanted a weapon she was good with. She saw a couple swords and grinned. Yes, those would be great. She only hoped something to help start fires where in one of the packs. She was in the careers so she guessed that between her and the rest she would have something worth using to start a fire.

She saw some tributes turned the other way to run. “You’re all so stupid. You’re going to die from having no supplies.”

The countdown reached thirty. Zaria wasn’t going to make a plan. It was simple, kill everyone.

((A little late but still here. I had a dream there where sixty posts here by the time I woke up. Soo glad that didn’t happen. xd.png )

(The changes were if your character has armor and you lose a number roll, your character won't die. The next time you lose a roll though, they do.)

10 seconds

This was it. Live or die. Fang aimed for the sickles. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... Fang ran for the sickles. The District 5 Male and District 11 Male struggled in the cornucopia. The District 5 Male slammed the District 11 Male's head into a crate. The District 11 Male then pursued the escaping D5 Male. The District 12 Male picked up a shovel bashed it into the District 10 Female multiple times, killing her. The District 6 Female and District 10 Male had already disappeared from sight. The District 9 Female killed the District 12 Female with a scythe and then preceded to attack the District 4 Female. The District 9 Male had acquired a sickle, and took off. Fang grabbed a sickle then ran. Only one sickle remained and the District 11 Male was running for it. The District 4 Female had a bow and shot the District 5 Female while she ran. She then took off. The District 8 Male had encountered the District 12 Male. The D8 Male shoved the D12 Male against the wall. The D12 Male retaliated by slamming his fist into the D8 Male's stomach.

Lily ran faster and faster. She bumped into the D5 Male who raised his ax, and she skillfully rolled to the side. The D5 Male was pulling his ax out of the dirt, Lily ran. Someone threw a spear at her which she dove to avoid. The D3 Male armed himself with another spear.

Edited by BoomSALMON

Noel

Noel sprinted towards the Cornucopia and saw there was only one sickle left there, he grabbed it and then sprinted towards the District 9 Male, he had Noel's sickles. They were meant for him. With a faint smile on Noel's mouth Noel launched the sickle in his back, killing him. Noel then proceeded to pick up his sickle, and the one lodged in the District 9 male's back, he could dual wield now. Now he was dangerous.

Carol

Carol leaped off her plate and went straight for the knives, she grabbed as many as she could, and then grabbed a big shiny axe. She launched it into the District 11 Male's chest. Killing him. She then took off back to the cornucopia. Ready to defend herself from any attack

Edited by Totts

The District 8 and 12 Male's were still fighting each other in the cornucopia. The District 9 Female shot an arrow at Noel. Lily stopped at the river. She would have to jump to the other side to avoid sinking to the bottom.

Noel

"That was the last mistake you ever made you mutt" Said Noel, after quickly dodging the arrow, while he was still ducking, he threw his sickle into her legs, so she fell over, and then he walked over to her and plunged his sickle into her before quickly pulling both the sickles out. She was dead. No doubt about it.

Silver

The bell rang, shattering Silver's final moments of peace. In a moment, she was off the starting plate and diving into the fray. The Bloodbath would be her best chance to kill off a large portion of her competition, and so that was what she would have to do. They were going to die anyway; she would just make them die a day or two later. Blaming herself for it wouldn't help her, so she wouldn't blame herself. Simple. Maybe.

She dodged out of the way of an axe, then reached down and picked up a javelin. She hurled it at the D8 girl, who was trying to flee, but missed. Beside the Cornucopia, the D5 male and the D8 male were fighting each other bare handed. Well, that was convenient, wasn't it? Smiling, Silver picking up a long dagger and stabbed the D5 male through the back. He crumpled to the ground, and the D8 male stared at Silver in surprise. Silver slashed at his neck, but the D8 male dodged it and punched her in the stomach. Silver bent over in pain, almost falling to her knees. Tears trickled out of her eyes, and through the blue she could see the D8 male's elbow about to hit the back of her head. Well, this is definitely a glorius death. Dying in the first minute. Lovely.

Then she heard the D8 male scream and felt her face get splattered with blood.

Gold

Gold was off of his starting plate in an instant. He didn't have a proper plan, or anything, but he had to keep Silver alive. He could see Silver running to the Cornucopia (stupid Capitol hair dye, it made Silver stand out too much), and followed her as close as he could, stopping only to pick up a sword. It felt horribly warm in his hand, but he didn't have a choice. Killing people would be fine, as long as it kept Silver alive. It would all be okay.

He tried to keep up with Silver (what use would he be if he was ten feet away?), but he felt so slow. Silver wasn't amazingly fast, but she could dodge through the flashing blades and falling people much easier than Gold could. Then she was fighting the D8 male (did she kill the D5 male? He was on the ground, but was it his sister's fault?), and losing. The D8 male was about to hit Silver's head, and-

Blood sprayed across the air. Gold had slashed a large gash in the D8 male's arm, chipping the bone. He didn't remember doing it or planing it, just that the sight was awful. But Silver still wasn't dead, so it would all be okay.

Carol

Carol saw Silver and Gold in some trouble, she saw this as an opportunity for them to owe her one. She flung a knife and it landed right in the D8 Males eye. Killing him instantly. She then rushed over to Gold and Silver and said "You two owe me one. Get somewhere safe or help us fight at the cornucopia"

Noel

Noel saw Carol kill the D8 male, he then rushed towards her standing by her, keeping her safe. "Hey you two" he said

Fang had a sickle then brandished it against the career girl from 4. He shoved her to the ground. "Help!" she screamed. Fang knew the careers from 1 and 2 were busy talking and that the boy from 4 was fighting with the boy from 12. A part of Fang was enjoying listening to the District 4 Female's cries for help. Then another part was not liking. Fang raised his sickle, ready to kill her.

(( I'm on ipod so dont expect a good post sorry.))

Noel

Noel saw Fang right about to kill the distirct four girl, "woah woah woah there! Calm down fang, she could be a good partner in an alliance!"

Fang turned, and looked vicious. "You careers think you can get me in your alliance THAT easy?" he said. He kept his foot on the girl's chest, preventing her escape. Her face started to turn purple, much to the D4 Boy's worry. He aimed his throwing ax, but Fang only pressed tighter.

Carol came over to the scene and raised her weapons and so did Noel. She then said "if you don't let her go it's three against one, you can go away and live, or kill her and die." Said Carol

Silver

"You two owe me one. Get somewhere safe or help us fight at the cornucopia"

Silver straightened up, wincing at the pain, and raised her eyebrows. Seriously? Maybe she would have been dead if Gold didn't save her (he was going to be quite useful), but Carol had just finished him off. The D8 male's right arm had been broken. He hadn't been much of a threat. "Thanks, but all you really did was steal Gold's kill. I don't think we 'owe you' anything."

"Help!" screamed to D4 female. Silver turned around quickly, and saw Fang about to kill the D4 girl. Well, that wouldn't be good. Most of the non-alliance tributes had run off by now, so she didn't really have to worry about being stabbed from behind. Fang seemed a bit crazy, so Silver didn't want him in the alliance. There wasn't much good in having a good fighter as an ally if he was completely mad.

"If you don't let her go it's three against one, you can go away and live, or kill her and die."

"You seem to have problems counting, Carol," Silver said. "I think what you mean is 'it's five against one'. You see, one (she pointed to the D4 male) plus two (she pointed to Carol and Noel) plus two (she pointed to herself and Gold) equals five." It was probably a bad idea to be so rude to her ally, but Silver couldn't really help it. It was so much fun. Anyway, maybe it would intimidate Fang more than just saying 'actually, it's five against one' or something cheesy like that, although he didn't seem to be the type to be intimidated. Hopefully, Carol and Noel understood that they would kill Fang whether he killed the D4 female or not. He was too unpredictable, and unpredictable was bad.

Edited by Backup77

Carol straightened up and turned to Gold "Well, since I seem to have 'stolen your kill' how about you get one right here and now. Against Fang."

This was wrong. Killing someone very painfully, by constricting them. Fang let off as the District 4 Girl gasped and ran towards her district partner. The boy from 12 had escaped, leaving Fang the last non career there. He ran down the plateau before the careers came to kill him. Just then the cannon of the dead in the bloodbath went off.

Lily counted 8 cannons total. She thought she had lost the District 3 Male when Fang came barging through and swam through the river quickly. He must have been looking for his pig tailed district partner.

((So... he was surrounded by people, and managed to run away before they killed him? I'm just wondering how. The way I pictured it, Fang was standing on the D4 girl with the five other careers pretty close by, ready to attack him if he moved.))

Edited by Backup77

((Sorry I forgot to post before, I had things to do))

Dayta

Dayta looked around after the podium brought them up into the arena. She had never realized before now how lucky she was to have the careers on her side. There were a lot of people here that are stronger than her. She looked toward the cornucopia. "Weapons," she muttered, " nothing but weapons and food." She decided she would grab a weapon, then back off and let her alliance do the dirty work. She spotted a belt of knives, then heard the horn sound. She ran in, grabbed the belt, and ran out. She put the belt on and watched as 8 people were slaughtered, several more ran away, and her alliance set up base camp. She went off to join them.

Jack

This was the Hunger Games. This is what he wanted to do. He didn't wan't to chop wood for money, he wanted to win it all, gloriously and violently. So when the horn sounded, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. He ran straight to the cornucopia, grabbed the biggest axe he could find and started swinging. He swung at the D12 male and missed, getting his axe stuck in the ground. Pulling to release it, he noticed that everyone had left except for his alliance. He walked over to join them.

((Let me know if there is anything I should change.))

Edited by Justini12

(( I'm going to sleep now, don't do anything major with my characters while I'm gone))

((Okay so stuff happened. I couldn't read your posts as i am short on time. This is a short and crappy post. Sue me.))

The noise sounded and suddenly everyone rushed to the cornucopia. Zaria ran to the large metal object and found stuffed in the back large axe. "this will have to do."

She took a random pack and ran out of the bloodbath and into the forest to hide just untill she could get her items sorted out.