BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Buck heard Glitter's cannon go off. He helped Christian chase off Ellis, who had managed to somehow get whatever the heck he needed. Two careers. Impossible. Already. He had seen nearly his whole alliance die off. He didn't trust Christian. He grabbed a lot of food and water, stuffed his bags, and ran into the woods. He never considered Christian a real alliance member. He was solo now. Last of his formed since training alliance. He was going to kill the censorkip.gif who killed both his District 4 and District 1 friends. Friends. He had actually made some. Now they were dead. He could build a boat, and cross the river. Why? He was from District 6.

Ellis opened his bags. Land mines. He grinned a new trap to kill of the last two careers. He planted some mines near the edges of the cornucopia, in hope the District 12 Male would die to them. Then he looked over into a clearing. The District 8 Male was with his partner, who's only good eye was bloodied. She barely could see with her bloody eye, as she didn't notice Ellis until she was close. Ellis buried his ax into her shoulder, and punched her to the ground. He didn't notice the District 8 Male stab him in the back then throw him into a tree. Ellis stumbled away, a very easy treat to whatever horrors the capitol came (Pixelle's, Bennet's, and the District 3 Male's mutts will get him soon.)

(7 Left! Two more deaths and MUTTS! These scores will be based on who's got the highest number on the random number generator. NOTE: So far, Ellis is a victim. So happy hunting!)

(So, Mel's hiding in a cave with a small entrance. Would a mut in this RP be able to crash through the rock? Or should i remove Mel from the cave once the mutts come?)

(Mutts come to get the 3 surviving tributes on to the cornucopia to kill each other and end the games so yeah.)

((Sorry, must of miss-interpreted something from before. tongue.gif, on a separate note, I was at work all day, 9 hours, so I missed out. DAMN! I've got an idea to make up for it >:]))

Andrew watched in shock as the scene in front of him un-folded, people were grabbing bags and pulling out flaming swords, a career died, and the remaining two careers became solo in moments, he noticed the D12 male, who seemed to just watch the chaos unfold in front of him, he watched the other career run into the woods with his backpack and the other trap maker get stabbed by the D8 male. he stood up and walked back to his makeshift raft, he took the raft 50m from the clearing pathway to his river and swam across. Once on the other side, he trudged his way towards the Cornucopia, he avoided the land mines, which being a trap maker were easy to detect. He snuck around the back of the Cornucopia and waited.

------------------

((I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to fill in the gaps for Christian fighting Ellis [non-lethal of course] to make my part of the story fit,))

As the Feast began, he threw off his bag, I didn't think that it'd be so soon! He charged his bag and noticed Ellis coming towards him, he grinned widely and dived backwards. He didn't want to take part in this fight, he only wished to deal with the survivors, he threw dust into Ellis' eyes, who immediately retreated backwards. Christian jogged quickly into the cornucopia and opened his bag, chain armour and plate gauntlets with claw style knuckles, he put on this armor and grabbed the green vial he left on the table, I hope this is poison! He thought as he covered the blades in the green ooze, he then walked to the entrance, Ellis had just been wounded, confirming his decision to not fight him and the District 8 male, who now had seen Christian in full armor, cowered and ran into the distance. He then turned to speak to Buck, who had just disappeared, he looked around and shrugged, he stumbled back into the cornucopia and ate an apple.

((Hey guys, send me a PM if you have a request for a sponsor gift. The more powerful/intimidating/strong/whatever tributes are more likely to get better gifts, of course.))

Buck roamed. Spear in hand, he saw the District 9 Male, sneaking behind the cornucopia. He bet that Christian wouldn't survive much longer with the sneaky backstabber near him. He then wondered the hill area. Now the arena was so.... empty. Tributes refraining from potential combat. He stood by the dangerous river bank, to prevent the District 9 Male from returning there.

Ellis bled against a tree near his land mines. He would recover in due time. He still had those cuts from Pixelle from earlier, and a stab wound from the District 8 Male. Anything could get him in this way. Unless they ran into his landmines.

It was dark enough now. Mel knew how to make a basic campfire. Gather some rocks, some kindling, and move up to bigger things like large sticks over time. She made sure to keep a pile of dirt nearby to smother the flames in a hurry if she needed to put it out quickly.

She used a couple sticks and started to run them together. Using a couple other techniques, she was able to start the fire.

The cave walls where lit by the firelight and Mel’s shadow danced cross the far wall. The save warmed up within a few minutes and Mel couldn’t help but feel warm and almost safe. Though, it was still risky making a fire. She warmed her hands and lay down by the fire. Once she was warm enough she would out it out. The cave should keep in most of the heat for a little while. Mel tried to figure out who was still alive. But everything had been mixed into one big disoriented list in Mel’s mind and she couldn’t tell. She knew she was one of the few survivors, and she knew that not many others were alive that were not from the career alliance. Mel shivered again. She knew she wasn’t going to live through this, especially with her injuries. “I’m scared…” She whispered. Well, of course she was. She was in the middle of a sick game. “I’m so sacred.”

Mel repeated those words quietly. As pathetic as it was, it helped her. She felt like she had been holding it up and letting it out was in a way helping. Any cameras here would catch her whimpering but she didn’t care. She didn’t want people from the capitol wasting money on her. Not because she knew she was going to die but because it was the capitol’s money. “The Capitol is sick…” The world Capital tasted like poison in her mouth. She sat back upright again and hugged her legs to her chest. “You’re all sick. You’re all just sick people!”

Mel stood up and started to yell. “Here I am! A district two girl! Yeah I’m a part of your sick entertainment! Well here it is! Are you enjoying this?! How sick can you people be?!”

The pressure was getting to Mel now. She had to be strong.

Mel started to pick up ants off of the ground and tore off their heads. Using a couple vines she stripped down to finer threads, she used the ant’s heads as needles and started to stitch up her shoulder.

(Yes, the above is totally legit. I’m not going to use it for Mel’s larger wound as that would be kind of over powered.)

(Betcha the District 8 Tributes could do it, being from the thread district.)

Buck watched the faces in the sky. The District 3 Girl, the District 11 Girl, and then Glitter. That dropped the number of tributes down to 7. Since it was night, a huge storm rolled in, creating fierce winds and lightning and thunder. Torrents of rain were starting to flood the lowland areas by the river. Buck retreated to the mountain as flood water came up to his shins.

Ellis watched as water flooding came, and he walked to the mountain.

Edited by BoomSALMON

((I've never heard of ant's head being used as needles before... I have heard of people getting ants to bite the wound closed, and then cutting off the ant's head, though.))

(The votes are tired for Mel and the District 8 Female! Check the wikia for info! Oh and if you can add your characters unless you want me to.)

(I still have no clue why Mel has votes xd.png I would add mine on, but my computer is old and i have trouble acsessing most sites. Wikias are really hard on my computer for some reason. No clue why. O-o And as for the ant thing, i would give you the link to the site i found it on but i'm not sure if it has a virus or not so i'd rather not give you all horrible computer problems.)

Edited by Shyrus

((Forgot about the wikia, adding it now! BTW taking bets for the winner of this next fight, I figure I could stand to lose one of my characters! I would also like to reserve the district 4 female and the 3 male.))

Andrew was nervous, this was basically the first time he ever actually killed someone, he set up traps and watched people die, but this was different. He climbed carefully onto the cornucopia, using the rain as cover for the bouncing sound produced by his feet denting the metal roof. He was cold, wet and shivering with excitement, the main thing he wanted was to be next to his fire again, completely isolated from danger and in his own fortress of traps, he watched as the District 12 tribute strode out from the Cornucopia. Ironic really, the district of poverty owning the most abundant resource in the entire arena, he drew his blade slowly from it's sheath and winced as it made a metal on metal sound with the zipper of his jacket, luckily, the oaf had directed his attention to the in-capacitated trap maker, and was shout inaudibly to him. Andrew couldn't hear because his back was to him, he began sizing up his victim, chain mail, plate gauntlets large build, a stab wouldn't get through the mail, and he clearly couldn't fight that tower of power, the only logical approach being to slit his throat, being the chink in his armour. Once satisfied with this approach, he jumped down quickly from the Cornucopia and charged him, aiming to wrap his blade around Christian's throat.

--------------------------

Christian walked outside, the rain made hearing impossible as the chain clinked with every rain drop, he noticed that on the other side of the clearing was Ellis, clenching his back with one hand and attempting to support himself with the other, he smirked and was given slight warmth that he'd prospered over an apparent "threat". He took a few strides in the direction of him,

"You seem a little weak brother!" he shouted loudly,

As he said this, he heard and felt a thud from behind him, someone was coming for him and fast, he strained his senses to determine the character approaching him, he couldn't determine anything because of the rain, he decided that this person was an assassin, so they were likely going after his weak point, he lurched backwards towards the assailant an held his arms in front of his face, he was met with a satisfying knock and a clash of a blade against his gauntlets, he breathed a sigh of relief and regained his footing and pushed the unknown attacker backward, the blade slid from it's rest and another thud was felt behind him. Christian turned to meet his attacker, being the district 9 trap-maker, he was looking slightly shocked almost scared.

-----------------------

Andrew almost screamed in terror as he fell to his behind, the situation had turned from a surprise attack on Christian to a counter attack on him, as Christian lunged forward with both hands to grab him, Andrew raised and drove his legs into his enemies' torso before doing a backwards roll onto his feet. Christian grinned wickedly at him and Andrew felt his entire body shiver and panic raise to his throat, How did he get armour? Andrew thought secondly, Was it from those bags? He looked to the assortment of bags in front of him, if Christian had obtained full armour from his bag, Andrew could only imagine what he could obtain from his own bag.

He lunged forward and drove his knife into the lower torso of Christian, who merely absorbed the blow and drove a heavy swipe with his right arm at Andrew. Spinning, Andrew turned around his attack and stumbled back onto his course of the bag, once he picked up the bag labelled 9, he quickly put it on over his other bag and ran for the trees, hopping over the mines and dropping his other backpack into the legs of Ellis. He ran for the nearest tree and grabbed the highest branch he could reach forcefully, using all his strength, he pulled himself upwards and drove his momentum upwards to a nearby tree, he wrapped both his arms and legs around this tree and began scaling this tree until he reached a fork. He breathed a sigh mixed of both fear and relief and pulled his bag in front of him, a bunch of trap supplies and an exact replica of his knife, merely it was missing the engraving of his district on the handle. He looked back down to the aggravated Career below him, he smiled awkwardly and sheathed both his blades,

"I recommend backing off!" he shouted down to the gorilla below him "I'm sure you don't want to find out what is in this bag!"

((If you want to lodge a bet as to who will win, state who you think will win and why!))

(( Can i reserve D7 female please?))

Mel put the fire out and let the smoke drift out from the opening. The cave held the heat for a couple minutes but soon diminished. Mel covered her with leaves and such once more. Maybe she could get some sleep tonight.

She didn’t know how many tributes where left. Eight? Ten?

Mel’s eyes opened and she sat back up. Was there a camera here?

“Hey, District two. I don’t know if there’s a camera here or not but I wanted to say something…”

This was silly. Mel was talking to herself. “To my family and friends back home I wanted to wish you the best. I just wanted to tell you all that I love you and… urgh this is so stupid. It’s so dramatic and all… Look just stay safe okay? Don’t get caught here. I’ll try my best to get home.”

Mel laid down and closed her eyes to drift to sleep.

Ellis saw a bag plop into his lap as the District 9 Male ran past him, chased by one of the last two careers. He searched it. His trapping supplies had increased dramatically. There was some weird knife. He knew what to do to kill off one of the last careers. He looked up to the tree the boy was in, throwing the knife up there sticking into in to the trunk right beside the boy to use the knife. Then took off.

Buck heard a girl talking. Looking down, he saw a cleverly concealed cave. He then hid behind the entrance, spear in hand, for when Mel came out for something.

(Due to that, Ellis weighed the odds in Andrew's favor. But for whoever to win, it depends on how skilled Andrew is with the knife to take down a fully armored Christian.)

((My sister’s not going to let me live this down. xd.png ))

Mel tried to get to sleep for, what? The fifth time tonight? It just wasn’t coming. Mel desperately tried to clear her mind and get some rest but she had so many things running through her mind and so many emotions. Mel rolled her eyes. ‘So many emotions. Sounds like a bad soap opera.’

Mel thought she heard something outside. She slowly sat up, giving up on trying to sleep for now. She crawled to the other side of the cave and picked up her sword. She slowed her breathing and tried to think rationally. She didn’t hear anything else. Was it just her imagination? She couldn’t risk it. Let’s see, her sword was too big t use in an area like this, she was wounded, and had one way out. Mel started to think hiding in a cave wasn’t such a good idea. The cave didn’t go deeper, if anything Mel should have thought of that.

Her mind flashed back to when Pixelle had died. Was it the same person? If it was Mel was going to be sure she would kill him or die trying. Then again, that was the point of the Hunger games.

Mel thought about trying to run out but that would be stupid. Maybe she should try and hide behind the rocks? No, it wouldn’t work.

Maybe if she could re-light the fire she could burn him.

Mel decided to slowly crawl towards the entrance of the cave and see if she could spot or hear anything. She wouldn’t come out, as that would be suicide.

So, she did just that. She slowly crawled to the entrance and waited. She stood in a kneeling position about eight feet away from the mouth of the cave. It was a small entrance so if anything Mel could run back into the cave while the intruder tried to crawl in and try and attack him while he tried to get through.

Buck jumped in front of the entrance, taking aim with his spear then hurling it in there, drawing his sword in case they came out.

(Your reservations have been filled! I have reserved the District 6 Male and District 8 Female for next games.)

(Wrote this while listening to an epic song; it made me feel so epic. Okay, random useless fact over. Continue with your day.)

Mel heard another footstep. As quick as the chemicals in her brain told her to turn and run a spear had zoomed past her face. She screamed as she felt a sharp pain originate from the right side of her face. Her right ear had been torn almost in half and her cheek was torn. The spear had sliced the skin deeply next to the eye. That was too close! Next thing she knew she was on her side, still facing the entrance. Gritting her teeth and grabbed the spear- this would be much better in her hands then her sword. She ran to the entrance and thrust the spear forward but it never left her hands. Her voice lowered to a growl, her words held a sharp edge to them as if she thought she could tear whoever this was done in a matter of seconds. “Back off! You try and enter and I’ll thread this through your skull!”

Of course, Mel was half bluffing. But she was mad. She was very, very mad. Why? Well, someone had just tried to kill her. The feeling of both fear and anger mixed as she stood her ground. Adrenaline pumped through her veins. The fight or flight response was malfunctioning, as it was telling her to do both as once. “Just back off!”

Mel felt like crying, but that’s what week people did. That’s what people who were afraid did.

Mel silently wondered if she was becoming bi-polar. She was afraid, hurt, scared, and sorrowful. Yet, at the same time she was livid, vengeful, hateful, and dangerous. Maybe she was just going crazy. Yeah… that was it… she was just going crazy.

(My next post… Mel might snap. Can’t wait! >: D )

Edited by Shyrus

((Salmon, did you think Andrew gave Ellis the feast bag or the bag he already had, because I meant for it to be the bag he already had which has some food, rope and wire, just in case. Btw, the green stuff that Christian put on his claws was dis-infectant, he wouldn't know due to his limited knowledge, so any cuts from the claws will not become infected, but will probably hurt like hell. Andrew is meant to be an expert with his knife, so giving him another replica of his knife virtually doubles his chances.))

Christian growled as he stumbled after Andrew, he knew that chasing a trap-maker would be difficult, they were usually agile and able to strategize and visualize deeply in mere moments, as he watched him swing from one tree to another, this theory was confirmed. He growled harshly at the perpetrator, clashing his claws together in front of him creating a shower of sparks and a highly intimidating display. He punched the tree, frustration bubbling to the brink of his ability, he had not killed anyone since the first moments of the game and was playing the "good" person for the entire games, this was too far.

((And...... he's gone))

He let out a blood-curdling battle cry in the direction of Andrew, who immediately displayed a look of surprise which turned into amusement, a knife struck the wood of the tree above him, he turned around quickly as if possessed and met the gaze of Ellis, his face contorted even further into insanity as his face nearly boiled with the amount of blood rushing to his face.

"DON'T, YOU, ****ING INTERFERE!" he bellowed, picking up large stones and throwing them in a barrage of fury. Once satisfied with the amount of rocks he'd thrown, knowing nothing of their outcome except their general direction, he turned back to Andrew, who was now gone. He continued to scream in fury and began incoherently punching the tree.

-------------

Andrew was now more confident in his situation, the person below him was quite obviously blind with rage and easily manipulated to his advantage, first, he sawed the base of a branch nearly completely off, then grabbed the jar of oil from his pack and tied it to the end of the branch with string. After completing this trap, he jumped to the next nearest tree and climbed into the high foliage, hidden and waiting for his trap to take effect. He shouted in the opposite direction to Christian to disguise the origin of his voice,

"Looks like you left killing me a little too late, don't ya think?"

----------

Christian's rage tripled with the insult direct to him from Andrew,

"****. YOU!" he retorted back as he punched the tree a final time, he heard a snap and the next thing he knew his face was covered in a highly viscous liquid, he couldn't open his eyes and was left for moments hopelessly trying to pull the solution from his face. He instantly felt as if he was losing control of his actions then was gripped with rage, cradling his head in his hands and screaming loudly and incoherently.

((also, how does the combat system work with AI's?))

Edited by TestingProNinja

((I know it's a bit early, but here are my sheets:

Name: Silver Stone

Appearance: Silver's hair is very thick and wavy, and fall to her mid-back. It is naturally a dark, reddish brown, but the Capitol dyed it a bright, shiny silver for her chariot ride and interview. The dye is in the process of washing out, leaving bright silver streaks in silver-tinted brown hair. Her eyes are small and grey. She's a bit short (5" 1'), and very small and light. Like most of the people from District 1, she's usually considered prettier than most tributes. She's not amazing by D1 or Capitol standards, though.

Personality: Silver isn't the nicest person. While she usually tries to avoid being rude to make people like her, it's unlikely that she would have problems with stabbing anyone in the back. She is very manipulative, and aware of her brother's protectiveness. You can guess how well that should turn out.

District: 1

Preferred Weapon: Javelins or dual-wielded daggers.

Strengths: Silver is very agile, and good with daggers. She's also very accurate with javelins. She can sprint a little faster than average, but not much.

Weaknesses: She's not very strong, and is quite small. While she can throw javelins very accurately, her low upper body strength means that she can't throw them very far. Her stamina is also terrible, and she gives up on chasing people easily.

Other: In the 1st Hunger Games, Silver and Gold's brother Bronze volunteered. He thought that he could easily win and bring home fame and glory. His family, especially Gold, begged him not to leave, but he didn't have a choice after volunteering. Of course, Bronze didn't come home, having been knocked out and then killed. Thus, Gold became very protective of his family and was distraught when Silver was picked in the Reaping the next year. Determined to protect her even at the cost of his own life, he volunteered. Silver's training score was 8.

Name: Gold Stone

Appearance: Gold is tall and heavily built, with broad shoulders and a wide head. His eyes are dark hazel, and are closer to brown than green. His hair is short and thick, and is naturally light blond. His hair was dyed a bright gold, but he managed to wash most of it out, leaving it with just a darker golden shade.

Personality: Gold is very protective of his sister. Outside of the games, he's kind-hearted and compassionate, but protecting his sister is his top priority. Thus, although he'd feel guilty because of it, he'd definitely kill people to keep her alive.

District: 1

Preferred Weapon: Swords or spears.

Strengths: Gold is quite strong, and is okay with swords or spears.

Weaknesses: As mentioned above, Gold's top priority is to protect his sister. Thus, he could do stupid and rash things trying to protect her. He is also a bit slow, and is terrible with ranged weapons.

Other: His training score was 9.

((Wow. Christian did go crazy.

((Yay, EVERYONE'S going crazy! This is fun just watching. biggrin.gif ))

Edited by Backup77

((Hey guys, how many people are roleplaying here? Because there are eight votes on the poll now.I think people are watching this for fun. Would that make them other people in other districts? thinking about it that way is really cool.))

(Lets see... king quit, apollo didn't post once, leaving only 4 of us. So 4 hopefully new members will join. And Backup, post those on the new thread when it comes, as they look nice.)

Buck gritted his teeth. "Hello Mel." he growled. He recognized her immediately. Coming from a strong district, but being weak. Shameful. "Bet you were friends with others just as weak as you. How about I help you join them in the after life?".

Ellis watched as the D12 Male was down. He grabbed his ax and walked off. The D9 Male had deserved the kill.

censorkip.gif you. You make me sick.” Mel’s grip on the spear grew tighter as she took a more solid stance. Mel got it now. This may be the reason the capitol enjoyed watching the hunger games. There where people like Ellis, and Buck who clearly enjoyed being a part of it. And they kill other people because it’s fun. The capitol must like seeing the weak die- it must remind them about how their superior race amongst the districts. Mel started to laugh. A grin spread across her face, the blood from her cheek and ear dripped across her face as she tilted her head to the side, like her neck was broken. It looked demonic. “Ha… you know what? I get it now! It really is funny!” The dark chuckle turned into a full blown maniacal laugh. “You enjoy this! You all enjoy this! Do you know why? Because it’s fun! That’s right! Its fun to see fear in the eyes of the people you’re killing isn’t it? It’s fun to see the life drain away, hu? And here I was, thinking we were all afraid and just trying to survive. We were all just rats trying to avoid the traps. But no, there are people like you. People like them. Go ahead, laugh! It’s funny!”

Mel started to back away, her whole body shook with laughter. She lifted her head and to the ceiling as if she was trying to yell to the sky. “Here you go Capital!” She yelled. “You want to see someone die! Here it is! Here’s the very second that families fall apart! Here’s the very minute one of our lives will drain away. But that’s okay right? Because the world doesn’t stop censorkip.gif spinning because we’re dead! This doesn’t affect you!”

Mel lowered her head and looked at Buck, the grin still plastered on her face like an old doll’s. there was no emotion, just insanity. She spoke fast but it still sounded messed up like someone had been playing with her vocal cords. Her voice was different. “Ellis killed Pixelle. I don’t know who killed Mia but I’m pretty sure it was someone from your group, wasn’t it?” Mel laughed again and lunged forward with the spear, aiming for his head.

(( P.s, i love the mudkips! xd.png ))

Edited by Shyrus

Buck looked, getting an odd look on his face. He didn't "enjoy" these games, he had to see all his careers die. Only these few stood between him and home, and he wanted every one of them dead. When a spear aimed for his head, he ducked then swung his sword in a slashing manner at Mel.

(Is this going to result in a death, or no?)

(It could. If you win the random number roll, then Mel would die. If I win, she would just escape with her life considering how she still isn't as nimble as she could be without the giant gash in her side. So do we carry out the fight scene a bit longer then roll or do we just do the random number roll now?))

Mel's attack missed. She pulled back the spear and jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding the oncoming attack. She slammed against the cave wall in doing so which disoriented her a bit but not long enough for another attack. If she could lure him away from the wall she could probably escape. Mel was much small then Buck, she could get through the small space before he could even get through the narrow walls.

Mel backed away further into the cave. She found the pile of ashes from the fire she made. she reached down and grabbed a handful and threw it into his eyes.

((Well, if Mel gets away, I'm definitely sponsoring her (bow and a few arrows).))

Edited by Backup77