BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(Backup think of a number of 1-10. If Buck wins, Mel dies, and if Mel wins, she can escape and get sponsored. When you think of it, then we will guess.)

Buck screamed as ashes were flung into his eyes. Angrily rubbing them away, he grabbed his sword and swung in a downward cut in half blow.

((I'm a horrible person... I choose 7... Sorry! i had to! All the voices in my head told me to do this! D: )

((Yay! 'Twas a three. Mel wins!

((That's a fun word. 'Twas.))

Edited by Backup77

( Wait! Did you use a random number genorator to pick your number or did you just choose one yourself? If you used a random number genorator, i need to pick a new number. P.s, no spellcheck. Meeting a friend on MC.)

(Okay. Gg.)

Mel dogged the blow but just barely. 'Okay, now's my chance.' Mel ran past him and used the small spaces as an advantage. She got to her bag and then sprinted out before he had another chance to attack. As she got outside she grabbed the bag and ran off. She ran out of the small forest and towards once again the village. She didn't get too close to it, as she knew she could be killed by a trap- especially at night. "Note to self, stay in the trees!"

Mel climbed up a large tree and made a small bed using sticks and her backpack to ensure she wouldn't fall. Her heart was beating and her breathing was heavy. "I made it out alive..."

Mel set the plastic bag over some leaves, once again for water. Mel had already drunk all of the water she had and looked forward to more in the morning.

(Testingpro, the AI, or NPC, use the random number generator. So for Christian, I am going to use one, and if Christian's number is closer to 10 then the Npc would die, but since Christian is trapped... then the npc will spare. Starting now. RESULT:

Christian: 4

D8 Male: 5

If that were the case Christian would be killed by the D8 Male. It all depends on this number generator.)

Buck made an angered noise, and continued pursuit. When she climbed up a tree, he still saw he had the spear and then he stomped off to the cornucopia. He grabbed the last spear, and then sat guarding.

(And testing, was the oil lethal to kill or was it regular oil?)

In the Capitol...

A rich young couple watched the TV screen, laughing and throwing bits of popcorn at each other. It was so exciting! One of the smaller tributes seemed to have gone completely mad, and was yelling and swearing at a much larger tribute. The couple never could have guessed that the Games would be so much fun to watch, especially live.

Giggling madly at the sight of the tiny, blood-soaked tribute threatening the larger tribute with a spear, the woman said "Let's sponsor her! She's too entertaining to die."

Laughing similarly, the man replied "Let's not, unless she gets away. We don't want to spend money on someone who's going to die in two minutes, do we? She might even die before the parachute reaches her!"

"I guess you're right," said woman, getting her phone ready to send in the money if the girl got away.

With bated breath, the couple watched as the the girl fled the larger tribute. Eventually, they decided that she had gotten far enough away that the D6 male would no longer be a threat, and sent in their money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached to a large silver parachute, a glittering bow drifted down to the tree that Mel was hiding in. The parachute got caught in the branches of the tree, leaving the bow hanging right above Mel's head. A quiver filled with a dozen silver arrows soon followed.

(Thanks!)

Mel opened her eyes once more. She was starting to get restless. “Maybe dying wouldn’t be so bad if it meant I could get some sleep…” She mumbled. She heard a soft robotic chiming noise. It seemed to be getting closer. “Crap now a missile?!” Mel nearly screamed and fell out of the tree. Two branches caught her before she fell more than five feet. Looking up, Mel saw a parachute gliding down towards her, along with a second one following it. ‘Is this mine?’ she thought. Maybe someone else was in the area and it was meant for them. Either way Mel was taking it. The two parachutes got caught in the leaves above her. Mel climbed a few more feet up to her original position and unattached the parachutes from the strings to get them unstuck. Mel’s eyes widened upon feeling the familiar feeling of a bow. If this wasn’t meant for her it would be too big of a coincidence. Mel always thought of the people from the capital as evil and horrible people, and that thought still remained. But maybe there where one or two people in the capitol that weren’t so bad. She thought back to the cave, funny how it came right after she did something besides hiding. Maybe that was just it; maybe they just thought she was entertaining. She couldn’t care less about why she got this, but was very grateful she had it. She untangled the second parachute and felt something soft, and then something stick-like. “A quiver of arrows too?” Mel brushed her fingers over the tops of the arrows. “One, two, three… ten, eleven, twelve- twelve arrows!”

Mel smiled. Maybe she could survive after all. She could effectively kill people with these. “I don’t know how many more tributes are left, but I know there’s more arrows then people.” Mel looked up from her quiver and whispered a soft ‘thank you’ before strapping them to her backpack and trying once again to go back to sleep.

(I'm going to stop posting for now so pro can catch up. We went on quite a roleplaying spree here.)

Edited by Shyrus

((Nah, it was just a normal oil that would've been used to make the walls of a hole slippery or to lubricate two parts of a trap. I've made Andrew the kind of character that can improvise well, and Christian is more of a brute who kinda knows what he's doing, Logically, it was understandable that Christian snapped because he was pretending to be nice to the people he wanted to kill and Andrew knew the right strings to pull. Andrew probably won't go insane though, he was completely safe for the majority of the games and the only unsettling event he witnessed was the "failure" of the trap that the D4 female stumbled into.))

Andrew laughed loudly as the oil splattered over Christian's face, his sadistic tendencies were showing as he hysterically reacted to the mental breakdown of Christian, he slowly climbed down the tree and crept over to Christian, who was now grabbing the grass at his feet and punching it. He readied his knife and prepared to strike, his heart stopped as he stepped on a twig, the snapping noise echoed in his ears as Christian's gaze instantly snapped directly to his eyes, his eyes were teary with anger and his pupils nearly engulfed his iris. Christian roared and dived towards him, Andrew narrowly dodged the claws aimed at his legs and he awkwardly jumped backwards to avoid stepping on a landmine. His back experienced a sharp pain as a rock landed squarely on his oblique, he coughed in pain and slowly stumbled to his feet, Christian was nearly to his feet too and began charging towards him, blind in rage, he nearly trampled the mine if Andrew hadn't of locked arms with him and utilised his momentum and threw him to his right, he was nearly exhausted already and the rain did not make it any easier to breathe, the salty taste of both sweat and rain virtually poured into his mouth as he half panted, half coughed. He was experiencing extreme fatigue and was starting to feel hopeless about the outcome of this fight.

Christian roared yet again as he climbed once again to his feet, Andrew was startled by this and a shot of adrenaline kept him going, he charged back towards Christian and aimed a large slice towards his lower torso as he narrowly side-stepped Christian's large, bear-like grab, the blade merely ricocheted of his mail, but Andrew was now behind his target with the advantage, he opened his quickly and began frantically searching for something to use, he pulled out a jar clearly labelled "poison! do not drink!" and lightly chuckled to himself before charging up behind Christian with both daggers drawn, he shoved his daggers in-between the plate metal of the gauntlets which prevented him from moving his hands. With Christian's hands locked, he kicked over the struggling figure and jumped, knees first, onto his back, Christian roared in pain as Andrew forcefully brought his head to his knees, opening the poison and pouring it in his mouth as he roared, Christian choked and began gargling and spitting, Andrew jumped back as Christian rolled over and began clawing at his own throat as his face went purple. froth emanated from his mouth as his pupils dissolved and became a pale white, the stiff figure was now bleeding profusely as his claws had cut his throat to a large extent.

Andrew winced in anxiety at the brutality of his first real kill, he retrieved his daggers from the blood soaked gauntlets and removed his chain mail tabard, he stored it in his pack as he cautiously walked over to the landmines, he utilised the small shovel in his pack to dig up the mines from the sides and de-activated them as he placed them now in his pack.

"Thanks for the mines," he sarcastically said in the direction of the previous location of Ellis, he noticed that now Buck had returned to the cornucopia and quickly began jogging back towards the river.

((Don't worry about me Shy, I think I've achieved atonement after all the things I've missed with that previous battle.))

Edited by TestingProNinja

(Well, that escalated quickly. Not to mention it was brutal. Hope Mel doesn't die that way. I think my stomach churned when i read that he died by poison. You did well. xd.png)

((Awkward someone voted for Christian... But anyways, Mel won't have to die that way if she doesn't have to, Andrew is a sadist, but he doesn't take joy in suffering, so as long as Mel doesn't put up too much of a fight [xd.png] she won't have to be killed brutally :3. Ironically, that was my second death scene ever made, the first being a simple "fade to dark" death.))

(Eh, Mel will die anyway she has to. If she meets up with Andrew she's probably just have to hide to try and shoot him from afar. )

Buck knew it now. When the cannon sounded, he was the last career. Fitting. How everyone died, his whole alliance fell. No one left. He stayed near his cornucopia guarding it fiercely, as it was his final survival chance. And then.... a howl. He saw large doglike creatures running at the farthest edges of the arena. Muttations. Then he watched as the D8 Female ran away. The D8 Male was slower, and he watched as a vicious brown mutt (D11 Male Mutt) pounced and killed the D8 Male. BOOM!. The D8 Female scurried up a tree, as 3 mutts (D9 Female, D5 Male, and D12 Female) treed her. The rest split up, and 2 came for Buck (D7 Female and D4 Male). Buck stood his ground, and when one jumped he thrust his spear into it, killing it. The other brought him to the ground, and he grabbed a brick and smashed it, killing it too. He clambered up the cornucopia, as more came.

Ellis stood up straight. "Pixelle... Benton... D3 Male..." he said as if predicting his death to the mutts of his victims.

(So 2 tributes, Ellis and someone else have to die. No Buck, since I gave Ellis to mutts. So members, we can choose a number, or just kill off the D8 Female. If you have a dead character, you can control there mutts)

Edited by BoomSALMON

((Hehe... This'll be fun.))

Mutts

Pixelle

The mutt that was based off of Pixelle snapped and snarled in anticipation for the hunt. She was one of the smallest mutts, but had very long legs and was obviously built for speed. Her fur was straight, and a reddish chestnut, like Pixelle's hair had been, and her smallish grey eyes burned with hatred.

The Pixelle-mutt half-remembered things. She remembered horrible nightmares and an unbearable pain in her side (the Capitol couldn't have known how much pain the real Pixelle had been in, and wanted to make the Pixelle-mutt hate Ellis as much as possible). And she remembered whose fault it all was.

She was faster than the rest of the mutts, of course, as she sprinted as quickly as she could to where she knew Ellis was. Her legs burned, but she had more stamina than real-Pixelle had had. The Pixelle-mutt was better, faster and stronger than the real Pixelle. Most importantly, she would never be afraid anymore, and wanted revenge. The real Pixelle had just wanted to run.

Finally, Ellis came into view. He was leaned up against a tree, and his blood already covered the ground. Perfect. The Pixelle-mutt came to a stop, still a few meters away from Ellis, to howl and snarl menacingly as the rest of her pack caught up. It would be much more fun if he was scared, as he should be. He had nowhere to run, and three giant wolves out for revenge were stalking him.

The Pixelle-mutt lunged first, aiming for his left leg and trying to pull him to the ground without creating deep wounds (it wouldn't be any fun if he died of blood loss). She deserved to. Sure, Ellis had been that cause of death for the other two mutts, but he didn't make them unable to sleep because of nightmares. She deserved to kill him. After Ellis was dead, she would find Mel. Mel had been supposed to protect her! They had been allies. And Mel had let her die.

Glitter

She wasn't supposed to follow the D8 girl. The D8 girl was almost blinded, and three wolves would be more than enough to kill her. Buck, Andrew, and Mel were priorities. The Glitter-mutt didn't care, though. She could kill them after she got her revenge on the censorkip.gif that killed her and slashed open her shoulder.

The girl managed to climb a tree, but that didn't matter. The tree had enough wide, low branches that the mutts would be able to reach her feet, and then it would be over for her. The Glitter-mutt jumped at the tree trunk, trying to reach her feet, but she was too high up. Snarling because it would be harder than that to reach the girl, the Glitter-mutt leaped onto a low branch. The D8 girl tried to climb higher to get away, but the branches were too thin and one of them snapped. She didn't fall to the ground, but her left foot fell far enough for the Glitter-mutt to reach it. Immediately, the Glitter-mutt grabbed the girl's foot in her jaws and dove to the ground.

The D8 girl screamed as she was ripped from the tree and dragged to the ground. Her face and arms became covered with scratches, her shoulder was dislocated, and her right leg was broken in three places. The Glitter-mutt shot one paw forward to gouge out the D8 girl's eye, and used her other to slash open the girl's shoulder. After that, the rest of the mutts wasted no time in ripping the girl to shreds.

Their muzzles and paws covered in blood, the four mutts raced towards the Cornucopia.

Buck wanted to puke at what he saw, and he did. A cannon sounded yet another fate death. The mutts tried to get up the cornucopia but couldn't. Some jumped higher and he gouged there heads with his long spear, starting a pile of dead mutts. The capitol wouldn't kill him, no sir, they wouldn't dare. He had out lived a lot of weaklings. They weren't taking him down.

Ellis saw the familiar mutt. He narrowed his eyes, and drew his ax for a final stand. He was going to put the Pixelle back into the ground. When he was drove to the ground, he drew the same knife the alive Pixelle threw at him days ago. He attempted a stab at the Pixelle Mutt.

(Think it would be okay if Mia’s Muttation attacked Mel?)

A sharp piecing howl ripped through the air. Mel sat up straight. Had that many people died? Her heart stopped, she was far away from the cornucopia. Could Muts climb trees? No, the trees would crack under their weight. Maybe if Mel was able to jump from one tree to a stronger one she could make it out.

She heard the cannon roar as another death was signaled. She was so close now. Just a little longer.

She saw a Mutt not far off run past her. Mel jumped to a nearby tree which was stronger and taller. She wouldn’t survive the trip to the cornucopia. She grabbed her bow and arrows and placed one on the string and drew it back. If something showed up unexpectedly she would have saved herself the few seconds it took to load a bow.

(Do you think it would be okay if I controlled Mia’s Mutt?))

((It would be a nice addition of tragic irony :3))

Andrew quickly stumbled towards the river, he suddenly heard a large chatter of barks and howling,

"**** that can't be good..." he muttered to himself sarcastically

Andrew quickly took off his backpack, then his jumper, utilising the same technique the District 4 tributes used, he made himself stay afloat and resist the pulling of the swift undercurrent. Once he made it to the other side, he contemplated his next approach, he knew that dogs, wolves or whatever was out there tracked by scent, this meant that they would likely follow the same steps he would, so he dropped to the floor and rubbed himself on the soaking, muddy ground below him, it was highly unpleasant but he knew in the long run it would benefit, he dug a hole and placed the landmine within, he also took the matt from within his trap kit and put it over where the landmine was, anybody who stepped remotely on the mat would set off the mine.

"That should about do it"

He began jogging back to the location of his fire.

( Well, i am a big fan of tragic Irony. >:) i'll be posting once i get back from school.)

(Used the list generator on our trusty number generator with all the tributes in these games. The D8 Male won by its standards, but Pixelle got 2nd! (And only 2 careers lived past day 1.)

(Do we have to roll to see who survives if it’s a Mut? And on another note, will the second hunger games be like in the second book? Or will you be making your own map with your own twists and stuff?)

Mel could hear the sounds of feet padding towards her at a faster and faster pace. She looked into the dark woods and watched as something emerged from around a small hill.

Mel gasped once she got a good look at it. It was a large dog. No, it wasn’t a dog, it was something else. It stopped dead in front of the tree Mel was hiding in. Mel looked down at the creature. Her heart leapt into her throat when she realized exactly what is was.

“Mia…”

The thing snarled and jumped up desperately to try and grab Mel. She shook her head and smiled. “So this is the grand finale. Good job Capitol.”

The mutt growled and jumped once more. The height of the jump was much more then Mel anticipated. The mutt grabbed Mel’s foot in its powerful jaws. Mel merely smiled down at it. “You know, we used to be friends.”

The Mutt snarled and clamped its teeth around Mel’s ankle and let gravity take it down. Mel looked at her ankle, her foot had been snapped off. “It’s yours. You look starved.”

Mel had come into the games as a scared little girl who only bluffed her way through. She was going to die a crazed maniac. The mutt seemed to circle the tree and tried to knock it down. It was more than capable of course. Mel pulled back the arrow and shot the mutt in the head.