BoomSALMON

Hunger Games

Who do you want to win?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(Since Ellis is going to die, and both District 8 tributes have, then no numbers. When Ellis dies, mutts will recede. The second games will have its... twists. So chronologically, like this is the 1st hunger games weeks after a rebellion that was a rushed arena, the second games will have more time put in it, more clever traps and deadlier mutts. So no, this wont be like the 75th, but the 2nd.)

Mutts

Pixelle

Glee filled the Pixelle-mutt when she managed to pull Ellis down to the ground. He was going to die, and she would kill him. That would make her happy. Overjoyed, actually.

Then she felt a horrible pain in her chest, like fire, making her right lung burn whenever she breathed in. She had been stabbed, and she knew it, but if the Pixelle-mutt could have laughed, she would have. Instead, she drew back her lips, making an uncanny smile. Did Ellis really think he could kill her with a tiny throwing knife? The wound would have killed her eventually (if the Capitol wasn't going to kill all of the remaining mutts), but that didn't matter. Not when her revenge was so close. In rage, the Pixelle-mutt shot her jaws forward, trying to rip Ellis' head off. While torturing him would be fun, he didn't deserve to live another second.

Ellis immediately had his throat ripped out. He grabbed the mutts muzzle in a death grip, then died on the spot. BOOM! Then there were 3....

Buck stabbed the final mutt, as they receded... oddly. The recent cannon marked the last victim, the tricky D7 Male. The maker might be dead, but his traps remained. He slid off the cornucopia, planning to wait the other 2 out. Most of the meat had been ravaged, but the other stuff in the cornucopia remained. The flood got worse...

(How would you all feel about... 3 victors? Of course, we could still have only 1, but I have a little plan if we don't have 1 victor...)

((How would there be three victors? Anyway, if there were three victors, then this RP would definitely be an AU, and not something that could have plausibly happened before the books.))

(Okay AU doesn't sound to good. So BATTLE TO THE DEATH! and watch out for the creeping flood in the low parts of the arena.)

(Creeping flood? Was this in one of the books or did you make it up? Because i just can't remember it. Also, who's left? Mel, Buck, and Andrew? Or am i mistaken? I have a hard time keeping track. Sorry.)

(There was a flood on page 11... seems like the weather is ignored here... and this is 74 years before the 74th hunger games, so it only has major elements from the books. And yes, Mel, Andrew, and Buck are the final 3!)

((Crap. Curse my computer. For some reason new padges appear much later. It says we're still on page seven. Let the search for the random post begin! >:D )

((Did you change the number of posts per page? Go to 'My Controls', then click 'Board Settings' (under the 'Options' in the Menu). You can change the number of posts per page there (the default is 20).))

((Holy censorkip.gif we have a lot more pages then i thought. O_O I had my number doubled to fourty...)

Buck went tracking. Sitting around in the cornucopia wasn't going to get him home any faster. Muddy footprints. Leading across the dangerous river. He knew how to build a canoe... and the paddle. Just didn't have the ax to do it with. The D7 Male's remains should have one on him, because him being from the lumber district. He searched and searched, until he found a lot of blood, a bag labeled "7" from the feast, and an ax. The D7 Male had died at this very spot. He gratefully took the ax, cutting at trees, trying to get them down. When he finally got one down, the sun had risen. He cut and formed the canoe from the inside of the tree out. He looked at his seaworthy boat. The creeping flood had now almost reached the cornucopia. No doubt everyone would run for the mountain soon, as gamemakers wanted to end the games. He pushed his canoe into the flood water, and paddled around looking for Mel or Andrew to be floating on a log.

Edited by BoomSALMON

((I don’t know how deep the water has gotten by now so I’m not sure what to say about it.)

Mel watched as the water slowly rose. The Mutt she had attacked died. Mel, after seeing no other Mutts, climbed down the tree and retrieved her arrow. Unfortunately, the Mutt’s skull was too thick and the arrow had splinted and broke halfway through. Mel knew she had to get to a higher ground. She didn’t know how if the water would rise to the tops of the trees but she didn’t want to risk it. She knew how to swim fairy well and could survive the conditions if they didn’t last for too long, but knowing the game makers and what they had made so far it wasn’t a guarantee she would make it.

Her best bet was to get to the hills she had seen not too far from the cornucopia. It was a death trap there but she had to risk it sooner or later. It’s not like she was planning on winning anyways, as she was pretty sure that, yes, she would die in this censorkip.gif place.

Mel got down from the tree and started to make her way through the trees. She made sure to stay hidden in case someone came out of nowhere.

((I feel bad that Andrew's trap kit isn't specified what's in it, I'll fix that now so it isn't like Dora's bag which just has everything in it.))

Andrew ran quickly to his fire, although, the lowlands of the jungle where beginning to get increasingly splotchy, as the gentle squishing of his light running over the mud became deep trudging in the mud, Andrew re-thought his ideal that he could make it to his fire. He slowly climbed the highest tree he could see, he got about halfway and decided that if he was to be safe in this tree, he needed a trap. He opened his bag to look inside, he still had 3 landmines, he had about half of the vial of oil left, darts, miniature blowguns (they have like pull string things like an air cannon), a large roll of string, putty, a net, tripwires and a bear trap. He sawed the branch below him and covered up the cut with a small amount of putty, he then tied a tripwire from the end of the branch to a blowgun which had a dart inside it, the tip dabbed in poison. After setting the trap, he rested to put on the chain mail tabard and continued to climb to the top of the tree.

Buck gently rowed the boat, heading for the mountain. He knew the last tributes would be there, as it was at least 1000 feet high. He rowed as flood waters started to touch the edges of the cornucopia. A final test for the gamemakers no doubt. Which tribute would drown last.

((Around what time would this be? Midnight? ))

Mel didn't have much in the way of water transportation. She just had to wade through the muck and water. As it got higher however, she found herself having to swim in some parts. It wasn't long before she was swimming everywhere. The weight of the water would cut down on Mel's agility but if she played her cards right she might survive.

It didn't take long for the large hill to come into view. She looked around and saw no one around. Maybe she was lucky enough to get there first. Swimming was much slower than running, so anyone who came close was dead unless they had a ranged weapon. Mel started to think about things that could benefit her and things that would slow her down. She relied mostly on trees and things to jump on and maneuver around to get to the places she needed to be. the mountain had ledges, sure, but it wasn't safe to do anything of the sort there. Hu, safe. that's a funny word to use here.

The weight of the water would weigh her down. She would only move about half as fast.

Mel wondered if she had kept her sword with her. Close combat wasn't good for a bow. But it would have slowed Mel down if it didn't drown her first. The trees could have offered longer protection but she was sure they were all too small to overtake the water.

What did she have? If she got to the mountain first she would have the upper hand. She could see anyone coming and shoot them down with her bow. If she had enough time she could scout the mountains for previous traps. Maybe more food. The games where coming to an end but no one know how long the end would be. reached out her hand and grasped the surface of the mountain and pulled herself up. She took a breather and gave herself a second to eat a couple more nuts.

The bandages on her side needed changing. Mel didn't have any more bandages but she did have the strap of her backpack. She undid the bandages. The bleeding had stopped but Mel still wanted to use the backpack strap, just in case.

Mel tied it around her waist and stayed to rest just a little longer.

((Alright. By the way, i don't really know if any of you are whovians but incase you are, happy 50th anversary. (unless it was yesterday. >_> ) ))

Buck saw Andrew in a tree. He gripped his spear and then looked grim. He would have come so far to just die here, die in an arena. To outlive 21 tributes, and to just die. This one spear was the chance to live or die.

(I’m just going to assume there are no trees on the mountain.)

After Mel had caught her breath she descended up the mountain. She ate a bit more along the way to maintain energy. She looked for traps, useful strategic points, and maybe poisonous plants she could use somehow.

Taking a drink of water she finally got to the top of the mountain. She looked over the area. She realized just how flooded it was and how glad she was that she was the only one here. Well, she assumed she was alone; it wasn’t for sure. She made a mental note to keep on her toes. Ha, as if she wasn’t already doing that.

There was no trees here- something that scared Mel. She would have been dead on day one if there were no trees.

She started to think about what she had at her disposal. In her backpack was some water, some dried fruit, and the nuts she was given.

She smiled, realizing how little she had when she started. A dull sword, a backpack, some dried fruit and a canteen that lost half its water. She had battle scars now. She had done well. She was able to get a sponsor to notice her and she got a weapon she was really good with. She obtained two allies; both where dead, but she did have them. And from those allies she gained a bag of nuts and some bandages. She got a lot of pain and heart ache from the allies she had but they made her stronger. She gained respect from the people in her district. And most of all, she realized just how far she could go.

“I’ve done pretty well. Who knows, I might survive.”

An evil grin spread across Mel’s face. “Only two left. And if they even get close to here I’ll just shoot them off with my bow. I can see everything. They will die by my arrows, drowning, or starvation. I just have to wait it out. I have a monopoly when I started out with a dead body.

Mel was of course referencing to when the games started. She used a dead boy’s body as a shield as she ran away.

But what she didn’t realize was that she was still injured. She was still slow. If she didn’t spot them coming she was going to die. Not to mention if they had a ranged weapon they where good with she was in just as much danger.

But she didn’t think about it. She was too scared to think about it.

((So, as explained in this post, Mel has a pretty fair advantage. So if you need to you can have the game makers cause an earthquake or something to knock Mel down when Buck or Andrew come to the mountain. Well, if they come to the mountain.))

Andrew nearly fell out of his tree as he realised the log floating around actually had a person in it, with a spear, he immediately turned to the opposite side of the tree. He pulled out a blowpipe and dart and dabbed it in poison, if this person tried any funny business, he was ready.

"Come here and see who will get their fourth kill!" he sarcastically shouted, he knew that this person would be similar if not the same to Christian, getting them off-guard would be as simple as frustrating them. This one seemed more precise and cool though, he could simply throw a spear at him if he didn't watch his back. The chain mail he scavenged off Christian would block a bodyshot, so he only needed to protect his extremities.

Buck stayed still, glaring. Apparently this one had three kills also. "I think it will be my fourth one, actually. I know you killed my last career. You'll pay for that." he said. He rowed his boat, spear in hand, trying to get the best possible angle. Timing wind speed and direction he aimed right for the neck of the D9 Boy. Ready to throw.

(This is it. I think it will be my final number with Buck. So, think it up Shyrus.)

((Honestly, i thought Mel would die before all of the NPCs.))

(Only 4 characters didn't die before the tricky and elusive D8 tributes. Well bye buck, my number i guess is.... 6, his district number.)

(Crap, i forgot what number i choose. Sorry. Choose anyother one and i'll write it down. ._. ))