Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

Bielgrath flew further North, the scorched earth below all seemed the same as the many shadows of the flying dragons passed over it. The icy winds of the night were beginning to let up as the moons were preparing to fade from the sky, a sign that the sun would soon rise. Many of the dragons seemed both quite hungry and quite anxious as they continued to follow Bielgrath, the hopeless look in their eyes had faded and been replaced with an obvious thirst for blood and vengeance. Their strengths at long last felt rejuvenated, despite their physical conditions.

Ingrid

"Me? I'm Camile Carstairs, daughter of James Carstairs. No wait. That's not right..." Ingrid groaned as once again she mixed her name up. "Oh, right! I'm Ingrid. By the way, twenty-three bugs." she introduced herself. The orc said his army was lost in the forest... Would those be the dead orcs? "You lost your army? Did someone kill them? If so, who? Twenty-four, twenty-five..." Ingrid asked.

Shinobu

"I could imbue one of my spells into the rune, but I don't know how it works. As for which, I don't know - different cases call for different measures." Shinobu said with a nod. Until she saw the injured person, there was no way she could determine how the situation should be handled.

Edited by MetalDragon

Lou looked up from one of the darkest areas in the cave. "I'm here!" she called weakly.

"She can't be your mate if she is not a dragon." Camile remarked. She walked over to the human girl. "You needed runes? You specifically said runes."

"Yes I did. I need three actually. One pain killing and two flesh generators." Lou coughed. "One rune on each arm."

Camile nodded. She didn't ask another question and started to work on the girl's arms. When she finished she stood. Why did she need runes? She isn't missing any flesh.

Lou stood. Her head now clear. She quickly morphed into her dragon form. This change startled Camile. "Woah!!!!" the girl yelled. Lou laughed, "I'm no human. Thank you. Now as a gift..." Lou took Camile's necklace and spoke some words of a spell. She had put a good luck spell on the necklace before giving it back.

"Thanks." Camile muttered. She noticed the dragoness's wings. "You did need flesh generating runes. It will take two weeks for it to completely work you know." Lou nodded. "Thank you." the dragon replied. "Shinobu, ready to te your spells?" Camile asked turning around to face the girl.

Edited by Lothuialel

Drakaht went over to Lou and asked" Do you feel better now? Is the pain lessened?"

He turned to Camile and Shinobu and said" Thanks for helping her."

--------------------------------------------

Nar grunted " Two dragons and a bunch of humans killed many of my men, and sent my army into disarray. My army split up and is completely gone now." A single tear rolled down his cheek."Twenty six."

Ingrid

Ingrid looked at Nar. Humans? Did any human happen to be nearby, still? Now she was curious to know if the one she fought was one of them... "Um. Was one a girl with strawberry hair? Strange chains with blades strapped onto them? Twenty-seven..." she asked.

Shinobu

Shinobu froze as she saw the dragon missing its wings' flesh, but she was even more astonished by what they were talking about runes. "Two weeks?!" she exclaimed. "With the spell I had in mind... That could be cut down to five days at worst. That's because you're a dragon missing the wings... It'll probably hurt a lot, but I can prepare a few painkillers for you... Or you could just use a rune, I guess." she explained, flipping through her books' pages looking for the correct spell. "Again, I can imbue my magic into the rune, if that'd work." Shinobu insisted. She really wanted to help in any way possible.

Lou walked over to Drakaht. "That pain killing rune did the trick, but I may need a spelltouch to enhance the runes." She thought for a moment and screeched. "Get in the dark!"

"So she is your mate." Camile scoffed.

(Camile is suppose to be rude like that I do apologize in advance.)

They flew further, soon the terrain below turned to scorched mountains. The forests that once covered these mountains were dead, but they were not still standing. Every single tree had been knocked over, some even appear to have rolled down the hills long ago and crashed together creating large piles of dead trees. Even quicker than before the terrain changed once again, this time more drastically as the mountains got taller and were completely covered in snow. A slight snow storm began to obstruct the dragon's vision, but it was light. But it did not matter anymore, for there in the near distance stood a large tower on a cliff face. The areas around the tower on the cliff were fortified as though they were ready for war, while it's backside was unguarded due to being right on the cliff. The tower seemed damage, but some life could be seen moving around at it, but not clearly due to the snow storm. While this area was not scorched, it still did not seem any better off than the other areas of the world.

Bielgrath's eyes both slitted as he flew higher up into the sky, the dragons following him up as they closed in on the tower. As he flew higher, he suddenly yelled out "Death to our former allies, death to the traitors! Destroy the mages, leave none alive!" he yelled out loudly and dived down sharply towards the large tower on the cliff, many of the dragons following.

--

On top of the tower what seemed to be a old wizard stood with his staff, his long grey beard as he looked out at the other mountains. For a moment he thought he heard something, then he looked up to see Bielgrath coming straight at him. He quickly began to whip up a spell with his staff, "Dragons-" he attempted to yell, but was cut off as Bielgrath simply flew over him and dropped the statue of Kievo directly on him, crushing and killing him at the same time. Kievo's statue took up most the top of the tower as it now stood proudly, Bielgrath roared as he swooped down into the courtyard on the opposite side of the tower along with the other dragons, completely catching the inhabitants by surprise.

Drakaht turned and realized that his tail was starting to smoke. He leaped into the darkness.After making sure his tail was still intact, he replied"No, she isn't my mate, we're just friends."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking surprised, Nar replied"Yes, One of them matched your description. She killed many of our warriors. We managed to wound her, but she is probably still alive. You know her?"

(Dibs on green)

Dibs on blue and gray!)

Lou rushed over to him and looked him over. When she was satisfied with what she found, she walked back to Shinobu to get her spells

Camile rolled her eyes. "Yeah sure. How many times have you saved her life? Oh wait! Let me guess, she is not your type. She is not a vampire and so therefore not your type. I for one think Shadow Walkers are gorgeous." She rolled her eyes. Camile's tone of voice with sharp and full of acid. She knew she was being rude, but whatever.

(Wow...rude characters make me laugh. Or that comment was so stupid it made me laugh!)

((Guys, if you find yourselves completely stuck without my characters, just temporarily take control of them to get them out of the way. I know when you're all on I tend to disappear and I don't want to stall anyone here. Just try to stay in their character, and don't get them seriously injured or killed, okay? ^^))

Ingrid

Ingrid nodded. "Yeah, I do. I tried to kill her... Couldn't resist doing so." she said, a little ounce of insanity slipped through her. "If it makes you feel better... I gave her hell. I made her know pain like she never did before. She's also the reason I'm bandaged like this." she explained, taking her dagger out and examining it. The blade was covered with dried blood. While it looked pretty (at least in her eyes), Ingrid knew it was bad for general cutting and stabbing, so she'd have to get it fixed up when possible. She hoped Dahlia hadn't bled to death - she wanted to finish her off when she could.

Salazr

Salazr roared as he realized what Bielgrath was talking about - there were the mages, those traitors! His jaws ignited as flames appeared within it. Rage and hatred could be seen burning in his eyes as he dropped the dragon on his back onto a tower and swooped down at the inhabitants. "BURN! BURN THOSE FILTHY TRAITORS!" Salazr roared loudly as he unleashed his incredibly hot flames at the inhabitants. His fire was intense to the point it simply incinerated whatever was caught by it. The Copper dragon landed down to grab one of the humans with his jaws. He chewed a little on the human's corpse before tossing it away onto a wall and resuming his attack.

Shinobu

Shinobu flipped pages through her book until she found what she wanted. "Here! It's a spell called Regeneráre Carnis. Literally translated, it means "regenerate flesh". It's a very powerful spell, designed to speed up your flesh's regeneration capabilities by an incredible amount. You should have your wings back in five days... The drawback is, as I said, the process hurts a lot, because it's such a potent spell. You may want to have your methods of painkillers ready before I even try this..." the cleric explained what she was going to do and began to prepare to cast her spell. She was concerned, and wanted to make sure everything was in order before trying to use her healing magic.

Edited by MetalDragon

"Take no prisoners, show no mercy! Only take their magic, for our cause!" Bielgrath yelled as he slammed into a mage and crushed him completely into the ground with a loud cry of plain, blood splattered up the side of him as he roared loudly and let loose a large burst of flames at several mages in front of him preparing to cast spells. Screams were heard as they were engulfed and quickly ran out of Bielgrath's attack on fire before quickly collapsing on the ground, black and crisp. The dragons following him began to make their way inside the defensive fortifications around and in the tower, flames spewed out from different cracks in all the walls as fighting and roaring could be heard within. Bielgrath wrapped his tail around a mage behind him and began to constrict, much like a large snake wood. The mage began to struggle to try and free himself, but as his arms were bound he could not even attempt a spell as his face turned blue. Bielgrath turned and stared coldly into the mages eyes, this mage seemed far older than the others there and his beard longer, almost as though he were the one in charge. "You will be the last to die, you will watch all those you have trained perish before your own eyes." Bielgrath said with a twisted grin as he kept his hold on the mage, he turned and let loose another fire breath on some mages with the same result as the time before.

As the sun now rose further the dragons could now see clearer and the snowstorm lifted slightly allowing some light in, the shadows of the dragons and mages fighting could be seen on the mountain opposite of the sun and tower, as could the shadows of the flames that also obstructed the sun.

((Sorry for the pure OOC post, but is Lou going to do anything or can Shinobu just cast her spell?))

Lou nodded. "I'm ready. We have a friend who knows runes too. I should be fine."

Camile yawned and watched Shinobu from afar. She walked to the mouth of the cave. "Shinobu, would you like to partner up with me?"

(Go ahead, she can cast her spell)

Edited by Lothuialel

Salazr

Salazr flew around to swiftly dodge the spells aimed at him. He was weak to magic with the exception of those who based on the fire element. He torched more of the inhabitants into ashes and flew up. His mouth appeared to swell as it ignited from inside. The dragon let loose a large fiery sphere into the air and flew off. It looked harmless... Until it exploded and Salazr's roar echoed through the whole place. Fireballs were now raining down on the mages, spreading chaos and death, all aimed so they wouldn't hit his allies. They weren't strong enough to destroy the buildings, Salazr had to spare his strength to avoid and/or resist the mages' spells. And they needed the place itself, too. He just watched the mages burn with a grin on his face.

Shinobu

Shinobu turned to Camile before preparing her spell. "Partner up? What do you mean?" she asked, not sure on what she meant.

Edited by MetalDragon

Camile chuckled. "I meant, do you want to help me on my missions and investigations? I can teach you combat maneuvers and how to use runes. I think we'd make a good team." she winked slightly.

Bielgrath grinned in delight as he watched the decimation of the mages, there were fewer and fewer mages by the minute and soon there were only a few left. The bodies scattered all over the place, some torched and some simply killed with brute strength. Bielgrath reached over at a mage that was backing off from another dragon, unaware he was backing into Bielgrath. Bielgrath swung some of his claws to the side of the mages head, then brought it around cutting his throat open sending blood all over the place as the mage collapsed dead. The mages were defeated, only the one held by by Bielgrath remained. The dragons began climbing up on top of the walls and began to let out roars of victory, their spirits renewed even more by this taste of revenge. Bielgrath joined in this time, roaring repeatedly. His roar being loud enough to nearly drown out all the other roars as they echoed throughout the mountains. Still he held onto the mage in his tail...

Shinobu

Shinobu stuttered. "Um... Give me a moment, please! Let me cast my spell first." she said, hoping Camile would understand, and turned back to Lou. She prepared to cast her spell. "Are you ready? Here it goes..." Shinobu closed her eyes as she concentrated her mana. She extended both her hands towards Lou's wings. White orbs appeared in her hands as the girl murmured the first parts of the spell chant. Shinobu opened her eyes and finished the enchantment, "Regeneráre Carnis!" Two gleams of white light shot from her hands aimed at Lou's wings. That was the spell. It didn't look like Shinobu put much effort into it... Until she almost fell to her knees, and both her hands and forearms turned red. Black markings began to appear all over the red areas, as if they were some sort of volcanic formation. Shinobu sighed and looked back at Lou to see if the spell worked.

Lou groaned and fell just as Shinobu did. The spell worked and some flesh came back, but it will take a few more days before it was fully done. "Thank you." she chocked.

Camile rushed over to Shinobu. She took out a silver dagger and drew a irratze rune on the girl's hand. "This should help your pain."

Salazr

Salazr looked around at the dead mages and roared loudly. "Victory is ours, my brothers and sisters!" he shouted and noticed Bielgrath had someone with him. He laughed in a rather sinister way. "What is this? A prisoner of war?" he asked with a gleeful grin.

Shinobu

Shinobu looked at Lou, happy the spell worked. She then looked at Camile and smiled gratefully. "Thank you. Those magical burns really sting..." she said as she looked down at her burned arms which were still aching a little. A magical burn was a special type of burn as the only thing that could fully heal it was time. It was caused not only by failed and backfiring spells but by overstraining the user's body and mind as well. The pain could be easened as the rune had just proved, but the girl would have to wait a while before casting magic again. Now, to what Camile wanted... What was it? "Oh yes! Partnering up!" Shinobu reminded herself. Camile mentioned something about combat... "I'd love to travel with you, but... I don't know. I really don't like violence." she said, looking to the sides.

"This man is no prisoner!" Bielgrath said and turned to look at the mage. "What he is, is the head mage here... The one who taught all these others, so I wanted him to see them all die before he in turn died." he said and began to chuckle, the area was now strangely quiet compared to how it had been minutes before, but some flames could still be heard popping as some of the dead mages burned. The mage looked very weakly at Bielgrath and those around him, knowing there was no true hope for him.

Salazr

Salazr simply glared at the headmage with his grin still on his face. "Ah. Even better than just a prisoner... And the way to reward traitors as they deserve." he remarked. "Oh, how is it like to feel useless, as all the others you care about die... One by one." the Copper dragon scoffed with a dark laughter. In his eyes, other races deserved no mercy, be it from physical or emotional pain... And the treacherous mages weren't an exception.

"Bielgrath... What are you doing...? You do not... honest intend to start this... Again? To follow... Kievo's insane... ideals?" The mage weakly asked Bielgrath, most of his strengths gone and some blood coming from his mouth and dripping down his chin, as his bones and organs were being crushed.

"Foolish mage. Do you not think I know who you are?" Bielgrath said and lifted the mage up with his tail and held the mage directly in front of his face. "You were one of the head mages in Kievo's time. You, are one of them that helped lead the rebellion and usurp our power. I have waited a long time for this day, for vengeance." Bielgrath said as he began to inhale, the mages eyes widened. "You will only destroy this world more! Can you not see this?" The mage yelled out, "Destroy? Yes. Your world is over, as are all the other races worlds. We dragons shall reclaim what is rightfully ours, by destroying everything you and the other races hold dear!" Bielgrath yelled and suddenly flicked his tail at the tower, unwrapping it from around the mage.

"We live again!" Bielgrath yelled as the mage screamed loudly and he went flying at high speed going right by the tower and off the face of the cliff, his screams became more and more distant as he fell further and further down the mountainside until he began to hit some rocks sticking out from the side of the mountain and some cliffs, rolling off them and tumbling further down, his screams stopping only seconds after the first impact. He disappeared into the cold winds and snow of the storm that was much fiercer down below.

Edited by Sean175

"Violence....I know what you mean. I don't encounter it much often. You will still need some defense training just in case. Plus, we need to get you a horse. I know a good place to get them, common, Asa and I can show you!" Camile jumped with pure delight.