Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

Shinobu

Shinobu looked at Camile as she was told she'd still need sone defense training. "I think I can get around by myself, I know a few tricks with a blade. she said, looking at the saber on her waist. "But I'm willing to learn some more technique, even if I hope I'll never have to use them. she continued. Shinobu was a healer, not a fighter, and despised any kind of violence.

((EDIT: last post for today. G'night!))

Edited by MetalDragon

"Ok. Maybe you can teach me some healing." Camile suggested. She hoped that the two of them would become great friends. Perhaps now she had a real person to talk to!

Drakaht looked around the cave. Everything is going good. He though to himself. Lou is being healed, the orcs are gone, all we have to do now is find the others. He made a mental list of the things they needed to do.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nar grinned widely " Good. You made her suffer... I can't thank you enough for that.Twenty eight. Do you know of any place near here where I can get my hands on weapons? Is there a town nearby?"

Lou ran back to Drakaht. She bugged his shoulder. "I will go find our missing friends. Nendir is here. That leaves Celariel, Dahlia and Elly. I will be back soon." she dashed out of the cave and ran through the forest looking for everyone. She sniffed out Elly and that Kitsune creature. "Elly, there you are! Common, I need you back at the cave so we can get ready to travel tonight."

Celariel heard Dahlia and went in the direction the arrow came from. After awhile, he found Dahlia.

"There you are! Lou sent me to look for you. What happened?" Celariel talked rather quickly. Finally found her, now I have to get her back to the others...

(Lou, are you going to add the angel knife weapons too?)

(To Camile? Im not sure. I have not read the mortal instruments. I'm still only partway finished with the infernal devices. Camile is the Nephilim, not Lou))

Lou climbed the trees. Since she cannot fly, she will just hop the branches. "Dahlia? Celariel? Where are you?!"

Dahlia

Dahlia looked at Celariel and puffed a sigh of relief. They had found her. "Thank heavens." she briefly closed her eyes and looked back at the elf. "I was attacked by some psycho with knives and left for dead. This stranger here helped me, though." she said, looking over at Alicia. The girl then looked around as she heard a familiar voice... "Hey, did you hear that?" Dahlia asked as she tried to stand. "It's Lou!"

Upon recognizing the voice, she cried, "Lou! We are here!" Dahlia hoped the dragoness could find her way to her and Celariel.

Ingrid

Ingrid looked at Nar. "I think I saw your... Dead companions... Around here. If it isn't against your ideals, you could take their weapons. Well... It's not like they can use them anymore." she suggested. She also had her other answer ready in case the orc refused to take something from his dead brethren. "I don't know of any town nearby... You'd have to search around." she said. Ingrid remembered the village where she slaughtered some of its inhabitants, but that meant no shopkeeper to sell weapons.

Shinobu

Shinobu's eyes shone with enthusiasm. Someone to teach her knowledge to... And she could learn how to use those rune thingies, too. "I'd love to teach you what I know in the field of healing!" she said with a bright smile.

Lou looked around as she climbed through the trees. She heard voices and smiled. She could recognize them. Yes, she was close to getting to Dahlia. She dropped down to the ground with her skeleton looking wings tightly folded away. "Dahlia! Why happened?" she asked her friend worriedly.

Camile smiled. "This will be so much fun! I finally have a companion who can talk!" She gave a shrill whistle and her stallion thundered in. "Common, we can get you horse and find a quiet, private place to teach each other." she beamed happily.

Dahlia

Dahlia looked at Lou, relieved but also horrorized as she saw the Shadow Walker's wings. "As I just told Celariel, I was attacked by some nut with knives... What about you? What happened to your wings?" she asked concerned, hoping nothing too bad happened to her.

Shinobu

Shinobu nodded, ready to accompany Camile. "I'll be right after you!" she said. Maybe she had just found a new friend? The young girl hoped so. Traveling by herself was not only dangerous but boring as well.

Lou sighed painfully. "Drakaht flew off and attacked Bielgrath. I didn't want him to get killed and came over to help. Then this other dragon showed up and helped him. My wings were badly burned. Two ladies came by to the cave and gave me some runes and spells. Ready to get back to the cave? I cannot fly, but I can run and climb."

Camile smiled. "Here, we can ride double for a little while." She extended her hand to help Shinobu on the horse.

((Sorry, my goat needed some attention. He got his leg ensarled and I'm having to make sure he does get infected. We may have to amputate it then.))

((Oh... Sorry to hear that. Not doing well here either. Grandma's seriously ill and my aunts/uncles are here.))

Dahlia

Dahlia listened to Lou's story. If only that blasted knife nut hadn't showed her face up, maybe she'd arrive there in time to help her companions. It could have had a different outcome... But still, she was glad to see Lou was doing well now. She hoped the dragon would have a steady recovery. It was time to meet up with the others again. "Don't worry about me... I can keep up with you." Dahlia said with a confident smile. The pain wasn't so bad now, she could afford to walk and run by herself. She then turned to Alicia. "Thank you again. If we cross paths again... Remind me I owe you one." she said gratefully.

Shinobu

Shinobu nodded and grabbed onto Camile's hand so she could get up on the horse. She sighed a little, she was sure it'd be a smooth ride to wherever this place is. The young girl stared at her burned arms. "I can't cast any magic like this. Not even basic spells." Shinobu sighed. With that pain-killing rune, the magical burns didn't sting as much as they normally would. "But the field of healing isn't limited to just magic. I can show you what I know about medical herbs and how to prepare some mixes." the girl lifted her head back up.

Edited by MetalDragon

((oh....I'm sorry))

Lou chuckled. "I'm not completely useless. Here let me carry you at least. I can promise a smooth ride."

Camile smiled. "Alright. And there is no need to worry about the ride. We can walk there so it can be as smooth as possible. The meadow where the horses generally graze isn't too far from here." Camile got her horse to turn away from the cave and started to walk him down the hill at an easy walk. "Herbs you say? Are they strong herbs? How do you know where to find them?"

Dahlia

Dahlia smirked slightly. "I'm not going to be able to convince you to just not worry about me, am I?" she scoffed in a light tone of voice. "Okay. You win." she said and shrugged, before climbing onto her. "I guess it's for the best." Dahlia thought as she looked forward at the trees. She was doing better now, but that didn't mean she was at her full capacity. Some rest would be good for her.

Shinobu

Shinobu smiled and appreciated the smooth horse-riding. She relaxed and left the soft wind blow onto her face while she looked at the scenery around her. It was quite peaceful... So much she almost forgot to answer Camile's question. "Oh!" she shook her head startled. Shinobu looked at Camile. "Yes, herbs. There are weak, medium, strong herbs... Each one of them appropriate for different cases. For example... why use a strong herb on say, a paper cut? And then, there are some special, unique herbs..." the cleric explained. She wanted to go on and give more details, but she bit her tongue as now wasn't the time for deep explanations. "As for how I find them... When you study their effects, you also learn where are their natural habitats and how to recognize them. My mom and books helped me a lot..." she said with a slight sigh. The girl truly missed her mother.

"Stubborness runs in the blood-lines. I worry over my friends a lot. Once we get back, I can give you an energizing rune. But Elly has my mastery spellbook.

Camile smiled. "Well, that sounds reasonable." she noticed how sad Shinobu seemed when she mentioned her mother. "What happened to her? Your mother I mean."

Dahlia

Dahlia smiled slightly. "I can see you worry a lot about others." she said in a mocking but playful tone. "Energizing rune? What's that? And what is it for?" she then asked now serious and concerned. She trusted Lou and the others but she wanted to know just what they were going to do with her. "Oh, and where are my things?" Dahlia asked, remembering her backpack was no longer with her.

Shinobu

Shinobu looked at Camile as she was asked about her mother. "My mom? Nothing happened to her. She's fine, actually." she said. Memories flooded back into her mind as she remembered the day her town was raided by orcs, trolls, etc. "But after my town was attacked, my parents forced me to abandon home and go off on my own." Shinobu continued, tears began to fill her eyes and her throat was dry. She wiped the tears off while pretending to just rub her eyes. She didn't want to look weak to her new acquaintance.

Lou smiled. "The rune gives you twenty-four hour energy. It may help you recover a bit more. As for your things, try are on my saddle which is on Drakaht. And Drakaht is in the cave." she informed.

"I miss my parents and family too." Camile sniffles. "They were murdered two weeks ago. I killed the demon that killed them earlier this morning."

Dahlia

Dahlia nodded as she received an explanation on how the rune worked. It was worth giving it a chance. She was also relieved upon hearing not only that her things were safe, but also that Drakaht was in the cave... He was doing well, too, which was good. "So, he's also okay... That's good to know." Dahlia said. "Well then, I'll just take this... Rune thing." she folded her arms. She imagined how its effects would be like... Maybe just like coffee or something like that?

Shinobu

Shinobu listened to Camile's short story. That sounded like it was worse than just being separated from your family... When the cloud of smoke in form of the raiders and dragons settled down, Shinobu could return home and see her parents again. But the other person couldn't - they were murdered. "I... I'm sorry to hear that." the girl spoke softly and looked down at the horse. "When everything's not so tense... Maybe I could take you to meet my parents. Mom's a master healer, and dad's a blacksmith. He's the one who forged my saber." Shinobu explained why she carried a weapon despite hating violence, and also gave a hint that she did know some swordfighting.

Lou smiled. "Yes he is ok. Once we get to the cave I will give you the rune. Celariel, Elly! Common! We are going back to our camp!" Lou walked back to the cave with cautious steps to give a smooth ride for Dahlia. "How do you feel now?" she asked.

Camile gaver her companion a grateful smile. "That is a wonderful idea! I'd love to meet your family!" she exclaimed.

Dahlia

"Better than when I had more than ten stab wounds bleeding and aching all over my body." Dahlia said with a little snicker. She really didn't want to think about how her state right after fighting Ingrid, though. Nearly bleeding to death wasn't a fun experience. It could be for the madwoman, for someone normal like Dahlia it wasn't.

Shinobu

"Well, I cannot show up in the town. Mom and dad would get so angry at me..." Shinobu sighed and looked up at the sky. "I wasn't kicked out so long ago. I'm still a new traveler... I just survive by stopping by towns whenever I can." she explained and thought about her parents. She hated the idea of being forced away from them, but she couldn't hate her family. They were only doing what she thought it was the best for her, and in this case, they wanted her to be as away as possible from possible targets from hostile dragons or other races.

"I'm glad to hear that." Lou scoffed at her snickering. "Who attacked you? Should I go tear them apart and eat their guys?" she teased. She was in a giddy mood all of a sudden.

"I can teach you some traveling and surviving tactics. I can show you foods good for eating and those that can harm you. And of course when we get you a horse, you will find that traveling and surviving out here is easier." Camile explained.

Dahlia

Dahlia didn't take the joke very well and a serious expression appeared on her face. "No, Lou. The person who did this to me is more dangerous than you think." she said in a rather eerie tone. "I saw bloodlust burning in her eyes... They were of a murderer's. A total psycho, if you ask me. If you were to just bite her arm off... She'd probably just laugh it off." she grunted. She clenched her fist upon remembering her attacker's face. "I admit, remembering the fight and how she 'reacted' to my attacks... It gives me shivers." Dahlia said.

Shinobu

Shinobu smiled sheepishly. "And I, in turn, will teach you how to effectively use healing spells, and how to find and use medical herbs!" she said, more than willing to help Camile with whatever could be needed. "Horses... How longer until we find one?" she asked. They were walking for a while already, and she was getting rather anxious to meet what would be her animal companion.

Lou chuckled. "I apologize. My joke was terrible. So this girl, she is a murderer. Is this the person we saw before me and Drakaht flew off? The person who followed that fox?" she asked curious.

"The meadow should be...ahah! Here we are!" Camile exclaimed. In the meadow there were horses of various breeds, shapes, colors and sizes. Some were old and run down, others mid aged and rambunctious. "These horses will never stay away from you for too long. You must choose your horse and let the horse choose you. These horses are not ordinary horses. Some can even talk! But they speak to us through telepathia. Asa isn't like that. He has no telepathic powers. But he doesn't tire like a normal horse and can run speeds that normal horses can't match. Oh look! Here comes a nice one!" Camile said enthusiatically.

((you choose your gender and color of the horse))

((Uh... how about male and brown? I don't know much about horses.))

Dahlia

"Uh-huh." Dahlia nodded. "It was the person outside, yes. The mad girl I didn't want to let in. I thought she was gone for good when she went after the fox..." she continued. "She must have seen you two take off and she returned... Which unfortunately was right when I was looking for you. I don't blame any of you for these events, though."

Shinobu

Shinobu looked at the horse coming, excited. A new horse for her, she was quite hyped! But... There was a problem she quickly realized. "I, um." she stuttered on her words. "I don't know how to ride a horse." she said and hid her face behind her hands in embarassment.