Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

Lou gave a short barking laugh. "Alright. How about foot. Just give me a moment to get ready." she ran over to Drakaht and started to weaponize herself. She had two swords strapped to her waist, two that crossed an X on her back and over thirty daggers hidden within her black travel gear. She wrapped her hair around the fancy dagger that easily disguised itself as a comb. She looked at Dahlia and smiled. "I'm am now ready." she always learned to stay prepared for anything and everything. Even at the lowest risks of being in danger could turn out to getting into trouble.

"Ok, Shinobu. The first thing I'm going to teach you is archery. Archery can help get you the muscle strength needed for most combat moves with swords. Are you left handed or right handed?" Camile asked getting her golden bow out.

Nar charged through the trees, looking for the source of the noise.Like a raging bull, he knocked down small trees and knocked huge strips of bark off the bigger ones. He burst out of the trees just in time to see a small, but dangerous looking dragon rushing towards an elf.

---------------------------------------------

More food... Colony.... Food..... No hungry.....Kill... Taryav started drooling as he closed in on the elf.

Celariel heard wood being destroyed, and turned to look at the source. He saw an orc, and then he heard the thing charging. Turning around he saw some sort of dragon racing towards him. Just when I don't have my bow... Drawing his knife, he leaped out of the way of the dragon like a bullfighter. He began circling the dragon, jabbing and slashing at it, hoping to hit something vital. But he was slowing down, and this dragon wasn't. "I am so dead..." he muttered.

Dahlia

Dahlia stared at Lou blankly, wondering how she could carry all those weapons. It could be explained by the fact she wasn't human and yes a dragon... But she still wondered. "Are you sure you need all those blades? Well, asks the person who's got the strange weapons." she held up her chains on her torso and looked at them. "Maybe I should figure out a way to craft thorns onto these things..." she mumbled to herself, though she knew it certainly wouldn't her any good. If it had thorns, how was Dahlia supposed to carry and wield those things?

Ingrid

While Nar was very much a bulwark to just muscle through the trees, that wasn't Ingrid's case. Instead of just charging through everything, she maneuvered her way climbing and hopping from tree to tree, sometimes landing on the ground to check around. She was almost acting like a monkey, just missing a tail. While within a tree's thick leaves, she spotted Nar near a dragon. "Jambo!" she cried out and jumped out of the tree, landing on the ground below.

Shinobu

Shinobu raised her right hand up, to signal that was her dominant hand. She was worried, as she had never used a bow before. Successfuly, anyway.

Lou smiled. "One must be prepared for everything life may through at them. Thorns could be a wonderful addition to your weapons." Lou thought for a moment. "Celariel didn't grab his bow....we need to hurry." Lou walked over to Dahlia, "You are sure you can walk?"

Camile smiled. She was right handed too. "Hold the bow with your left and pull with your right." she demonstrated, "Aim by looking down at your arrow and matching it to your target." she released and smiled when it sailed through an X mark on a tree. "Reload and repeat." Camile did so. "Now you try."

Dahlia

"If I added them, I'd just have trouble wielding and wearing my chains." Dahlia explained why she wouldn't try to get thorns on her chains. Unless she figured a safe way out, it just wouldn't be practical. Her weapons weren't practical as they were anyway. Dahlia just happened to have learned how to use them properly - and in the right hands, they were accurate and deadly for sure. She folded her arms. "Don't worry about me. I can walk well enough." she replied.

Shinobu

"Um. I don't have a bow of my own." Shinobu said, unsure if she was supposed to borrow Camile's bow or not.

Lou chuckled and gave Dahlia a pat on the shoulder. "Alright. Just remember, I might not be able to carry you in human form. Let's go." Lou turned and stalked out of the cave. She chose to follow the hoof prints and did so with care and ease. She stayed in the shadows and followed the prints as carefully as possible. Celariel....where on earth were you going? She growled softly at the thought.

Camile smiled. "Oops. I forgot that you didn't have a bow. Here, use mine." Camile handed her the bow and took a step back. "Try to hit my arrows and score a robin hood." she said smiling. "It's ok if you don't the first time around. Here in this safe meadow is a good place to practice. You can improve over time, but for now we are just going over techniques to see where you are in skills."

Dahlia

Dahlia followed Lou out of the cave and stealthily within shadows, as to not give her partner's position away. As she had experience in hunting, tracking Celariel down as if he was a prey wouldn't be much of a problem, but since Lou seemed to have no trouble with doing that, she just let her lead the way. Dahlia groaned upon remembering a little detail in her last fight... "Grrr... I remember seeing that madwoman going into the woods. I really hope we don't bump into her or anything." she growled while at the same time, keeping her voice quiet in order to not draw attention from any possible threats.

Shinobu

Shinobu took the golden bow and did as she was told - hold the bow with her left hand, pull bowstring with the dominant hand. She nocked an arrow, and aimed carefully at the target - Camile's arrows. The young girl took a deep breath and shut her right eye close to have more precision in her shot. Shinobu then let go of the string and shot the arrow.

Of course, not only did the arrow go into another direction but it also didn't even fly more than three feet. Shinobu smiled sheepishly, embarrassed. "I think it's going to take a while until I get the very basics down." she said, feeling rather silly for missing what looked like such an easy target. She sighed. The arrow didn't even go in a straight line, it just curved to the left instead.

((Sorry for my lack of replies over these past couple days, been busy. I should be able to get to a reply in a bit (if not, tomorrow then.) C'ya soon.))

Lou glanced over her shoulder. If we run into her, I will do my best to shred her. I hope we don't run into that Orc, Nar. She said telepathically. By speaking to Dahlia like this, she is able to stay silent. Lou stopped and looked up from the tracks. The horse was grazing on the ground. Lou drew on of her swords. "Celariel isn't with the horse."

Camile smiled as Shinobu took her first shot. "Well done! Ok this time, try not to move or jerk your arm. Keep as still as a statue and pull back a little farther for more momento." She instructed.

((Maths test tomorrow. I'm doomed.))

Dahlia

Upon hearing Lou's words, Dahlia got one of her chained blades out. The situation looked grim; she gritted her teeth as she became more alert to her surroundings. "This isn't good." she muttered quietly, giving her blade a few harmless twirls. It looked like trouble was looming by them. In case they needed an escape route, Dahlia kept the horse's location memorized so they'd have a quick way out if things got out of control.

Shinobu

"I'll try to!" Shinobu nodded and nocked another arrow into the bow. She took a deep breath again and aimed, this time pulling the string farther back than the last time. Hopefully the string wouldn't snap, she thought. She took her second shot. While it surely went farther than before, it still just bent to the sides and missed. Shinobu got out another arrow and aimed again, this time taking her time to actually aim. After shooting twice, she knew more or less how the bow worked, and was able to actually prevent the arrow from curving this time.

Shinobu didn't put enough tension into the string to shoot the arrow to actually hit the target. The projectile simply flew, quickly losing speed, and hit the tree's trunk right where it connects to the ground. Regardless of hitting the actual target or now, the young girl smiled. She managed to hit the tree - for her, that was progress.

Lou looked around and krept around the opening. She held the horse's reins to keep him still and calm. "Dahlia, I don't see his tracks around here, do you?" she asked curiously. She stepped into the open allowingthe sun to hit her.

Camile gave a loud woop. "That's it! Your getting the hang of it! Keep it up, Shinobu!" She smiled brightly. This was progress. She was finally making friends ad enjoying her life a bit more. She ten realized that being with others is a great joy. Perhaps she didn't have to be so rude and mean to her. Other people were ok to be rude to, but not Shinobu. Shinobu was now her partner and she intended to keep her safe.

Dahlia

Dahlia looked down. She saw nothing. "I see nothing, either. Unless..." She paused and remembered Celariel was an elf. Elves were good in forest terrains, weren't they? Did that mean they could also just continue on their way from above? "He's an elf, Lou. This means he could have climbed onto a tree and hopped from tree to tree." Dahlia said, exposing her idea. "Where do his tracks end?" she asked, hoping it'd confirm her hypothesis.

Shinobu

A big, bright smile appeared on Shinobu's face. She was happy with her own progress! So happy her next shot was so careless it sharply curved and completely missed the tree. Oops. Shinobu beamed sheepishly and scratched her head. "I think I got a little too excited..." she ridiculed herself. Her next shot would be better, she promised herself. She aimed with the bow carefully like the last time. And this time, she knew how much to pull the string. The young girl focused on the target; her right eye was closed to allow for a better straight aim. Shinobu let go of the string.

T'chi!

Clack!

Shinobu looked, she was stunned. Bullseye! The arrow hit the target, it was stuck in a way so it was right above Camile's arrow when she first demonstrated how to use the bow. Shinobu grinned and jumped for joy. "Woohoo! I did it! I did it!" she exclaimed. Something simple as hitting a target with a bow was enough to make her so happy. She never managed pull off such thing before.

Morning Melo:))

Lou shook her head. "I think he climbed from the horse." She followed the horse tracks and stopped in font of a tree. "Here, keep a look out, I will climb up and see what's going on...no, you come with me. I may need you."

Camile leaped with joy. "You got it! Try again. I think you might hit my arrow." She was super excited now. She had never been this happy in years!

Dahlia

Dahlia went up to Lou and looked up at the tree. "Hmm. Hold on just a moment." she said and began to climb the tree up. She was a little sluggish thanks to her bandages, though her wounds didn't sting as much as before. Upon making it to the top, Dahlia let her chain loose to the ground. That way, she could just pull Lou up. "Grab onto the chain! Just mind the blade." she told Lou with a slight smile.

Shinobu

Shinobu just smiled and offered the golden bow back to its due owner rather than taking another shot. "No. I'm no expert marksman - I'll never hit your arrow with such precision." she said. "But I thank you! I never knew how to even handle a bow before this." she continued. Shinobu hoped to be able to return the lesson with her own, about herbs. Even if it probably sounded a little boring.

Lou smirked. "I can climb on my own." she grabbed the chain all the same and didn't care about the blade. She just didn't grab so tightly to where it could cut her. She was amazed at how fast Dahlia could climb though. That was impressive.

Camile smiled and took her bow back. "I'm glad you enjoyed my lesson. Now it's your turn to teach." Camile leaned against her black horse and decided to pay close attention to Shinobu.

Nar picked up a rock and threw it at the dragon. Hitting it on the head, the dragon turned around. Nar threw another bigger rock at it. The dragon turned and flew away.He looked up at the elf." YOU! I recognize you.."

----------------------------------------------

Just as he was about to bite down on the elf, a rock hit Taryav on the back of his head. He turned around and was hit straight in the face. Rock... Too strong..no food.. He turned tail and flew away, swooping down to pick up the dead orc he had killed earlier and flew off into the distance

Lou glared at the dragon. "See!" she said to Dahlia, "I knew there would be trouble!" she took a dagger out and threw it at the dragon's rib cage. It sailed and hit her target.

As Taryav flew, a sharp pain suddenly spread through his chest. He looked down and saw a dagger sprouting from his chest. Much pain....Kill... Revenge... He doubled up his speed and kept flying to the colony.

(anybody wants a golden wyvern egg? I have spares.)

Edited by Melomancer

((I do!))

((Horsegal7 is my scroll name))

Lou watched him go. "I wonder what he meant when he said colony in his thoughts..." she muttered. "Hello Nar. Using think you recognize me. I still owe you a favor."

(ok, i pmed you the code.)

Drakaht looked outside. They should have been back by now.. What's taking them so long? He looked at the bright sun. I'll definitely die if I go out today..I'll just wait.

---------------------------------------------

upon hearing the voice, Nar turned around."YOU!What do you want?Here to finish me off?" Nar picked up a broken tree branch."This may not be as good as my old club, but i'm sure it can still break you." He lifted the club in a defensive position.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The last thing Taryav remembered was crashing into the stone entrance of the colony and muttering "Food.." He heard one of the Omegas say to the alpha"He needs help. He's hurt. Bad." the only words he understood were :hurt and bad

He whimpered in apology. Then everything went black.

Edit:(Lou, the egg got sick.. hurry up and take it!)

Edited by Melomancer

Lou glared at the Orc. "No. I will not kill or finish you off. You let my friend live, I owe you. I'm sorry about your family, I'm sorry about what he did. But know this, he couldn't control it. I don't want to fight you, enough of it has gone around and too much blood has been spilt."

((Ok, be there in a flash!))

Lou glared at the dragon. "See!" she said to Dahlia, "I knew there would be trouble!" she took a dagger out and threw it at the dragon's rib cage. It sailed and hit her target.

((Lou, you shouldn't force hits like this. It's power-playing. Always give others a chance to dodge your attack. ^^))

Dahlia

After helping Lou onto the tree, Dahlia followed her and there was a dragon, who looked dangerous but he was easily repelled by some attacks. While the orc from before, Nar, was there, he didn't look like he really wanted a fight. She puffed a sigh of relief, hoping everything would go smoothly. Little did Dahlia realize that something was creeping up on her from behind...

Ingrid

Suddenly, a hand came up from behind Dahlia with a familiar, wavy dagger coming towards her neck, accompanied by frenetic screaming and laughing. She was able to react in time to catch the arm before it could stab her, but the tip still pricked on her neck, drawing a little blood. "Son of a...!" Dahlia cursed as she put all her strengths so the blade wouldn't sink into her neck for a deadly blow. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold out much longer, though. In a quick movement, Dahlia grabbed onto the arm and on the aggressor, and followed up by throwing her attacker on the ground. Upon taking a look, it was no one other than Ingrid, who was just grinning at Dahlia as she lied on the ground. "You!" Dahlia growled, glaring at the madwoman.

"No, it's Anne-Marie!" Ingrid cackled as she rolled over and crawled away from Dahlia. Upon getting some distance, she stood up like a normal person and looked at them. "It's so good seeing you again, strawberry! And I see you got a friend with you, this time..." she eyed Lou with a slight smirk. It was clear that Ingrid's main interest was to shed blood. Dahlia groaned, looking at the crazed girl. She had recovered from battle astonishingly quickly, while Dahlia still struggled to do some moves. "Lou, it's her again!" she exclaimed as she drew her blades. She didn't want a fight, but she knew Ingrid wouldn't back off until either she killed them, or if she were to get incapacitated or killed.

Shinobu

Now it was Shinobu's turn to teach. She was hyped. "Well then, let's start with two types of herbs!" she smiled and opened up her purse, searching through the things, minding so she wouldn't get cut on her scalpel. The cleric pulled out two herbs and closed her bag. The one on her left hand looked fairly simple, it had dark green leaves but its roots, which were sticking out, were tinted a dark red. The one on her right hand looked like the part of a stem with several purple flowers on its nodes. "Okay, here we go." Shinobu said as she looked at the plants. She held up the one on her left hand.

"What we have here are two different kinds of herbs. On my left hand is what would be considered a "medium-level" herb, while the one on my right one is fairly special." she explained. "The one I'm holding up right now is called Fethanel. Its main use is to help wounds to heal and lessen pain caused by them. Now, each herb can be used in many ways, but more often than not one is the most effective. For Fethanel, its best mixed in a solution and sprayed on the wound." Shinobu continued. After explaining, she lowered her left one and held up the right one. "And this one is called Wolfsbane. It's fairly difficult to find, but its quite invaluable. As you can guess by the name, it's an important ingredient to combat lycanthropy - that is, werewolves." she explained again. Shinobu sighed in the inside. She thought she sounded really boring there. She paused so Camile could ask questions if she had any.

Starting to get worried, Drakaht looked around for something to cover himself with. If I can keep the sun out until I reach the trees, I'm sure the trees will provide ample shade for me to travel . He kept looking.

---------------------------

Nar replied" you may not want a fight, but I do." He turned to Ingrid and said" How about we destroy this two together? We both can get our revenge." Hw swung his club at Lou

Dahlia and Ingrid

Ingrid grinned and drew her second dagger with her free hand. "Sounds like a great idea to me." she said, stretching her neck to the sides. The urge to spill blood was taking over her again. The madwoman began to spin, with her arms extended out... She moved towards Lou and Dahlia trying to catch them in a whirlwind of hacking and slashing. Dahlia moved out of the way so she wouldn't get cut up. The spinning... it'd probably have been a funny scene if Ingrid wasn't trying to kill them.

((Just a quick reply, I have to go now))