Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

Ingrid briefly licked her lips before rushing at Dahlia, with her daggers drawn, and viciously attacked her opponent with many savage slashes. Dahlia however did not allow the blades to touch her, blocking the attacks with her own ones. Even in short-range the chains proved to be useful, as they could be used defensively to prevent her foe's weapons from reaching her in first place, by holding off their arms. But she couldn't find a way to counter-attack. Ingrid was slashing and cutting at her in such intense and aggressive way that the younger female simply couldn't find an opportunity to block AND attack back. All she could do was prevent the daggers from reaching her.

Until that in the middle of those dagger slashes, Ingrid threw a kick at Dahlia's head. Dahlia ducked and tossed one of her blades upwards. As the leg passed by her, she caught her weapon as it came back down, and the madwoman found her leg stuck and wrapped in the chains. That was her chance. Dahlia gathered her strengths and spun to throw her opponent down onto the ground and slam her hard onto it. Because of how dangerous Ingrid appeared to be in close-quarters, Dahlia quickly took a step back to stay away from her.

Being thrown down didn't seem to bother Ingrid much as she stood up with only a little stumbling, stretching her neck. She smiled, as adrenaline rushed through her veins and the excitement for battle and blood took over her. She grinned. "NOW BLEED! BLEED FOR ME!" she screamed, once again charging at Dahlia while laughing. But Dahlia expected Ingrid to try to rush her again. She flung one of her blades forward, and the madwoman ran straight into it. The blade impaled her in the chest. "Got you now." Dahlia remarked and pulled the chain with her both hands, dragging her foe towards her. It was an useful tactic of Dahlia's: stab the foe while they're far and with their guard down, then proceed to draw them towards her. The opponent's surprised state would then give Dahlia an opportunity to finish them off.

But when Ingrid was close and face-to-face with Dahlia, the latter's eyes widened. On Ingrid's face there was no visible signs of pain or shock. She looked perfectly calm, with a rather disturbing smile on her lips. Even though there was a blade stuck in her chest. There was something uncanny about this crazed woman. That wasn't supposed to happen - she was supposed to be shocked! But before she could realize it, Dahlia was the one who found herself in shock, unsettled by her foe's reaction (or therefore lack of) to her attack. And the window to attack wasn't Dahlia's anymore.

Ingrid suddenly did a spin, and with one of her daggers, slashed Dahlia in the collarbone region. The madwoman let out a demented laughter as the other girl fell to the ground. "What's the matter?! Why did you stop fighting me like that? It was getting so interesting!" she said with a grin, and tore off the blade out of her body and tossed it away. Dahlia grabbed onto the long cut left by Ingrid's blade. That madwoman might not feel pain, but the younger girl could. A sharp pain was keeping her from moving. Her hand quickly became drenched in the blood that was pouring out of the wound. "DIE!" Ingrid suddenly screamed and lept at Dahlia, stabbing both her daggers down at her.

Dahlia quickly rolled out of the way and the daggers were stabbed into the ground. Had she not done so, the blades would've found their way into her skull. She quickly took her stand and pulled the other, bloody blade towards her. This fight would certainly be a tough one. Ingrid pulled the daggers out of the ground and looked at Dahlia with a large grin.

Lou snarled. She was hit by both flames. "What is the cause?! We dragons have rights, we are highly honored and very few of us are hunted! The two of you encouraged others! Is that not what the belief was? Or am I recalling older if not newer history?" She pushed Drakaht out of the way. "It's going to be dawn soon! Go help the others!" she snapped at him.

This time, Dahlia made the first move as she swung one of her chained blades at Ingrid. The chains allowed for a good range, it could actually reach the target's neck and cut their head off were Dahlia accurate enough. She charged in as Ingrid deflected the blade away with her daggers, and while the crazed woman blocked the other attack from the other direction, she stabbed her other blade deep into Ingrid's side. She was promptly pushed away, and the weapon was pulled off.

Ingrid however did not flinch. She just grabbed onto the wound and smiled. "Oh! That felt quite nice... You got me good there!" she said, looking at Dahlia who couldn't do much except raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What...?" she murmured. Why wasn't this person even reacting upon receiving an injury? Actually, she was reacting. It just wasn't the way most people reacted to wounds.

Dahlia shook her thoughts off to concentrate in battle and lashed at Ingrid with one of her blades. But Ingrid moved to dodge, then grabbed onto the chain, preventing Dahlia from pulling it back to her. She already had realized that dragging someone like Ingrid to close-quarters wasn't a good idea. The madwoman then pulled onto the chain and rushed Dahlia, using her own weapon as a boost. Dahlia tried to slash Ingrid as she closed in but it was no use - she easily avoided it and sunk one of her wavy-bladed daggers into Dahlia's left shoulder. Dahlia could feel the odd-shaped blade cut her flesh up, she writhed in pain before Ingrid promptly kicked her down.

Dahlia gripped onto the stab wound as she heard her foe laugh in a mocking way. "Oh, come on! I'm tired of just seeing people squirm when they battle me - put up a fight!" Ingrid laughed as she licked the blood off her dagger. Dahlia sighed as she tried to stand up. Maybe she wasn't coming out alive after this... "I'm going to die to this insane psychopath... How wonderful..." she thought rather sarcastically. It wasn't like she was going to give up the fight, but Dahlia didn't see how she could win against someone who simply didn't feel pain at all.

((Yeah, she's human. She's just missing a screw or two. Or three. Anyway, it's not that Ingrid doesn't feel pain. She does. It's just that... she enjoys it. It's not going to hinder her like it does with say, Dahlia. Her endurance is also fairly high, but she's not indestructible. A broken arm will hinder her, but the pain coming from it won't.

Think of Ingrid as a combat sadomasochist. She enjoys dishing out pain AND receiving it. No actual RP content in this post because I want to give others a chance to interfere in the fight if they want to. [if nobody does I'll just continue normally] ))

That's cool. I used to RP with a werewolf-vampire hybrid who enjoyed battles and was hard to beat. In fact, she never lost a battle and never died. She didn't like getting pain but enflicted it upon those who hurt her friends, her boyfrind and/or herself. I quite the RP site before I could finish with her though. And it made me sad.

I found my style, but my block is still heavy:())

((Just take your time if you have writer's block, Lou. Take the time to think on what you'll write next.

Oh, and um. Since Ingrid enjoys pain and such... Please give me a heads-up if I go too far. ^^'

Now I'll shut my yap before I flood the thread with OOC.))

Bielgrath roared angrily, "We Dragons once reigned supreme, second to no others! All races lived in fear of our wrath as we dominated this world!" Bielgrath said in rage, "Even today you speak the same nonsense!" Drago yelled to Bielgrath, Bielgrath turned his attention from Lou to Drago. "Usurper! You have no right to speak in this matter! Had it not been for you, your brother and those like you, our world would not have been destroyed! Kievo would have crushed all just like he did thousands of years before and the age of the dragons would never have ended!" Bielgrath yelled

"You still swim around in the same circle of madness, Bielgrath. It is no wonder you were Kievo's most trusted general!" Drago yelled and flew at Bielgrath attacking him again, Bielgrath moved out of the way and swung his tail around wrapping it around Drago's neck multiple times. "I was his most trusted, because I believed in the cause, unlike so many others!" Bielgrath yelled and then flung Drago into the ground sending debris everywhere again. Drago slowly stood up again and snarled angrily. "You helped destroy our world Drago! You helped to destroy everything!" Bielgrath said angrily then turned his attention to Lou, "As for you, do not speak of 'rights' or 'honor', those both perished long ago! Or have you not noticed how we Dragons have often become outcasts in this world?" Bielgrath yelled at her, his rage now almost out of control.

Edited by Sean175

Elly took the book and looked around. Where did everyone go? She found Dahlia with another female, fighting against each other. That's quite a dangerous cat fight... She thought as she exited the cave. No one seemed to notice her now, so she walked towards the trees. She flipped through some pages as she went by, almost passing by a white-haired boy. Elly didn't quite notice him until after she passed over by him. She turned and stared at the boy, and rushed over to him. The boy strangely looked familiar...

"Yo!~" He cheerfully said to the witch. Kitsu petted the girl. "...Why aren't you wearing a black dress? You are a witch, after all..." He said to her. Elly's eyes widened. How did he know that she was a magical witch? "Hmm...What do you like best, er...?" He wasn't sure who her name was. "Elly." She finished his sentence.

Seeing an oppurtunity, Drakaht replied" alright, we're sorry for interfering, why don't you two just keep on killing each other and we'll be on our way" he started backing away." I have no idea what all this talk about beliefs and honor that you keep talking about, but I think it's better for me and Lou not to interfere." He flapped his wings, starting to take off " Lou, we should go!"

Edited by Melomancer

Bielgrath snarled at Drakaht, "You two are dragons. Why can you not understand Kievo's dream? The other races are inferior, they know nothing of self sacrifice or history. They repeat their same mistakes over and over, one disaster comes and they stop momentarily. When things return to normal, they simply begin killing each other again! This is why we dragons should rule, to smash out these weaker races! To re-create Kievo's dream, Kievo's vision! A paradise for us dragons, without the danger of being hunted by dragon slayers, without the danger of being killed by overwhelming amounts of orcs!" Bielgrath yelled out in an attempt to convince the two dragons to join his ideals, "This world can still be saved, all we must do is follow Kievo's vision once more. Destroy those that oppose us, remove those that sympathize with the other races...!" he continued even more, only showing his extremely radical ideals, a type of radicalism that in this age had become known as 'Kievoism'.

Irina looked over at Bielgrath as she heard this conversation. The constant references to Kievo, the argument he and Drago had been having even though she had not clearly heard everything, she now began to realize that the entire situation here was going back to the Supreme War and Kievo. " ... I thought all Kievo's generals... died long ago... " she said to herself, while Alicia heard this she simply looked at Irina who had now forgotten her question and had become focused on the situation. Alicia's lack of history however, prevented her from understanding anything.

He was about to fly up when he realized what they had said. " wait, Kievo? Did you two say Kievo? As in the one who started the Great War?"

He landed " The one who began this nightmare? The one who condemned us dragons to death? The one who killed so many?" Shouted Drakaht " It was all because of him that all this happened, and you still support him?"

"Lord Kievo attempted to bring hope to this hopeless world! He did no condemn us to death, he attempted to bring us life! It is traitor's like Drago that are to thank for all of these problems!" Bielgrath yelled and turned to glare at Drago before turning his attention back to Drakaht. "They betrayed us, they betrayed the cause and because of them the world was destroyed! The only way to restore what we have lost is to restore Kievo to his rightful place as ruler of this miserable world!" Bielgrath yelled again and opened his jaw halfway, he let out a roar that send small shock waves in the directions in front of him. His eyes seemed to fill with more and more hatred as the minutes passed.

" It was because of Kievo that my family had to scavenge for food everyday, eating scraps that were rotten beyond comprehension. It was his fault that they had to go scavenge that night. It was his fault that they were killed by that vampire. And most of all, IT'S HIS FAULT THAT I AM WHO I AM TODAY! I have heard stories from a long time ago, if you follow Kievo's beliefs still, you must be insane! And since you were his general, I will enjoy sucking the blood from your veins."

Drakaht lunged at Bielgrath, claws and fangs extended to their maximum length. And let out a roar as loud as Bielgrath's

"Then you shall share the same fate as those you sympathize with!" he yelled and began to inhale, but was slammed from the side by Drago and flung away. "Bielgrath is mine to kill, no one else's!" Drago yelled angrily and attempted to ram into Drakaht.

"I understand the dream. My family has long since fought for the cause. To this day I wish nothing more than for the belief to return. Perhaps then, I could live in peace." Lou said calmly. "Drakaht! We should leave. Don't drink his blood, please?!!" she shouted lunging toward him. She gravesite scruff of his neck and fell on top of him. "Please Drakaht, we must go!" she looked to Drago and Bielgrath, "I do hope we dragons return to our former glory!" she attempted to fly but found she could not. Her wings were badly torn. Lou gave a small agonizing cry. She would not be able to fly.

Still in a rage, Drakaht turned to Drago and growled" How about we make a deal? You want This madman dead, so do I.Shouldn't we attack him together? You can have the honor of finishing him off."

"Drakaht please. We must go! I don't want to lose to you to the sun or by Bielgrath's hand." She nudged his cheek, "Please, let's go!"

Bielgrath stared at Lou momentarily and watched, "Perhaps there is hope for such a dragon... Faint hope, but hope." he thought to himself as he continued to think on what she had just said.

"Bielgrath shall fall honorably by my hand and anyone who tries to deny me this shall burn!" Drago yelled and let loose another burst of fire breath at both Drakaht and Bielgrath, the flames more intense than some of his previous bursts as his rage increased. Bielgrath roared angrily and backed off from the attack, the outside of his wings now set on fire. The membrane on the wing began to burn violently and Bielgrath flapped his wings repeatedly to put out the flames, both his wings were now bleeding from this and were injured. He turned his full attention to Drago again, "Enough playing with these two dragons. Drago must be dealt with." he thought to himself and took off into the air, despite his injured wings. Some blood flew everywhere as he beat his wings and continued to drip down from his wings.

Edited by Sean175

Lou screeched. Whatever was left of her wings was gone now. She cried out miserably and tried to climb up the hill. The rocks were too weak and she fell.

Dahlia weakly stood up, holding onto the stab wound on her shoulder. The pain was unbearable; she could barely stand moving her left arm now because it hurt so much to do so. Meanwhile, Ingrid watched her opponent suffer, enjoying herself with it. That was fun, but she had to wrap things up soon. She had searching to do. "I might as well as end your squirming now..." she softly said, walking over to Dahlia and holding up her daggers.

Dahlia was unsure of what to do. How to defeat a pain-proof enemy? Death was closing in, and there was nothing she could do. Or perhaps... She had an idea. She didn't know if it would actually work, but it was worth a try. Dahlia discreetly readied her blades as Ingrid approached.

"Now turn into a corpse for me!" the madwoman cackled as she pulled both her daggers back and swung them to stab into Dahlia's neck and finally kill her. "Now!" Dahlia thought to herself as she crouched under the attack and stepped forward to get even closer to Ingrid. Before her foe could react, she stood up and stabbed both of her blades into Ingrid's shoulders. As expected, there was no reaction from the other female, just a little smirk. But it wasn't over yet. Dahlia quickly moved and got behind Ingrid. She held up her chains and crossed them over, before pulling and wrapping them around Ingrid's neck.

"G-Gack!" Ingrid began to gasp for air as she dropped her daggers and tried to pull the chains off her, to no avail. Dahlia pulled harder and dropped to the ground, taking Ingrid with her. That was the plan. It'd be far easier to just suffocate Ingrid rather than try to slash her until she dropped dead. The madwoman desperately reached for her dagger and got a grip onto it. She picked it up and used it to repeteadly stab Dahlia on random parts of the body, until she let go.

"Cheap little...!" Ingrid growled, angered, as she stood up and glared down at Dahlia, who was holding onto her new stab wounds and writhing in agony. She picked up her other dagger. Now it was time for "strawberry" to die. Or so it would... If her strengths weren't fading away. Both females were drenched in blood, and Ingrid was suffering from the blood loss. She didn't understand why that was happening - it had never happened before. Maybe it was because her opponent got some good blows in. She didn't feel pain, but felt weak, barely able to hold her daggers. Ingrid sighed as she glared at Dahlia one last time. "You know what... I'll let you live... This time." she said, the excitement of battle and lust for blood quickly fading away. Ingrid began to walk away. She looked at the fallen Dahlia and the area - now painted blood - one last time, before heading off to get herself patched up.

Dahlia sighed, both in relief and agony. The madwoman was gone now, but she was going to bleed to death if she didn't do anything. But while Ingrid could just walk away with all her injuries, Dahlia couldn't. She could barely bear to move with all those injuries. At that time, she wondered if Lou and Drakaht were okay. The best she could do was crawl away from the spot, hoping someone would arrive to help her.

(Well crap. Everyone is dying.)

"Lou!" Drakaht ran forward to support her. "Lou, don't move your wings, we'll get back and find some help for you." with Lou against his shoulder, he moved away from the two fighting dragons.

((Well, Ingrid DID just walk away with all her injuries...))

Dahlia continued to crawl until she couldn't bear the pain anymore, and the blood loss prevented her from continuing. She sighed and rolled, now lying on her back. Breathing heavily, all she could hope for now was that her death would be somewhat peaceful - dying of blood loss shouldn't be much different from just passing out. The only difference is that she wouldn't wake up. It sounded better than being stabbed to death or becoming some wild animal's food.

Well, there wasn't much she could do now, other than wait for someone to pass by and help her or for Death to take her.

"Bielgrath, you cannot escape from my wrath!" Drago yelled and prepared to take off, when Bielgrath suddenly crashed down onto his back from behind smashing him into the ground in the same manner as he had attacked the bear before. Bielgrath stood on top of Drago holding him to the ground and places one of his front feet on Drago's skull, pressing it into the ground until he began to hear some bones cracking. "You are ambitious Drago. So ambitious that your other prey has escaped." Bielgrath said with a grin as he saw Drakaht and Lou leaving, "They are meaningless, you are my prize!" Drago yelled and attempted to wrap his tail around Bielgrath's neck. Bielgrath sunk his teeth into Drago's tail and twisted sharply to the side tearing off a large chunk of Drago's tail.

Drago roared loudly in pain as blood flew all over the place and his tail began to flail in all directions. "It is against my better interest to let you live, but I feel almost robbed of the pleasure of killing you. After all, there were those other two..." Bielgrath said and looked up at the two moons, then looked back down at Drago and snarled. "Very well Drago, you continue to breath another day." Bielgrath said and removed his foot from Drago's head, then suddenly jumped up and slammed his tail into Drago's side, sending him tumbling across the ground. "Go to your brother Velsor, tell him that Kievo's dream has not yet died! Tell him that the dragons, will rise again!" Bielgrath yelled and roared loudly before flying off in a direction, the blood still dripping from his wings gleamed brightly in the air from the light of the two moons as it fell.

Drago stood up weakly, blood was dripping out from under his armor and helmet. His wings were badly injured and he was having trouble breathing. "I am robbed of my vengeance...! I am robbed of my vengeance! I AM ROBBED OF MY VENGEANCE!!!"" he yelled loudly, his yell echoed for quite some ways. Drago began beating his wings to take off, but was only able to get a few feet into the air and did not look sustainable. He began to fly off in the direction of Tiknev's dead forest. The entire time he flew he was turning his head from side to side, spewing out flames in anger.

Irina watched as the four dragons all left, it seemed as though Bielgrath was the victor of this fight. "Quickly.. Let us go before they return." Irina said and began walking away into a direction, all but her front-left leg limping as she walked. She was still bleeding but did not want to risk any of those coming back. Alicia followed up, as they walked Irina noticed something out the corner of her eye. It looked human to her, and injured. Irina began to walk towards it until she was staring down at Dahlia. Alicia had followed.

Dahlia looked up at the two figures near her as she continued to bleed out. One was of a dragon's, and one was of a human's. Could it possibly be... Lou? Nendir? Drakaht? Elly? No... Those weren't them. Those were strangers who had stopped by to see what was left of her. And it wasn't much. She was starting to lose consciousness. Dahlia closed her eyes as everything faded to black for her.

~~//~~

Ingrid had ran off from Dahlia, not in a much better state but at least she could help herself. Her objective was to either find some medicinal herbs in those woods or find someone who could help her wounds. She continued to roam the forest in hopes of finding one of these.

((Dahlia is still alive, by the way))

Edited by MetalDragon