Thaelasan

Dreaded Kingdom

Xavier was temporarily confused by the sudden movement, even more by the fact that he was standing up holding his torch, in which he left on the floor, it almost seems as if Malfaul Wants us to survive, he looked around, but he couldn't see anything because the pitch on the torch was taken off when he left it on the floor, he again reached into his bag and pulled out a second torch, he lit that one and gave the "dimmer torch" to the nearest member,

"Well, I've only got one more torch, so I hope that at least one of you can take care of a torch... or have a torch, but other than that, we've got to make sure this one lasts." Xavier proposed

(( As I said before, there will be texts that will tell more of the story of how Malfaul came to power. This will consists of excerpts from Castor's book, which anyone could have read and perhaps did.

You just have to act what your character would have done, listened or not. ))

There were the three brothers, born of the loins of the first king, Grimdal. The three were named Alstain, Dalmar, and Malfaul.

Each had a prophecy of their own, and their own perspectives upon how they would rule.

Alstain wished to be a king who could save his people, enlighten them. He wished to be a king of purity.

Dalmar wished to be a king who could resolve wars, bring peace. He wished to be a king of order.

Malfaul, however, was the youngest of the three and the most forgotten. He wished to be a king of fear.

It was not certain what had made Malfaul so cruel and ill-hearted. It is said that during their holy baptism by the monarchal priest Valpaer he refused to be allowed into the water, crying and punching. Some guess that he was like this from an early age.

The truth, based upon legends and Malfaul's own words, is that he was visited by the dark god, Ank'kahen. The god promised him the power to lead a kingdom should he heed the words of the lord of chaos.

Malfaul was not to be heir. Alstain, the eldest son and most beloved by the people, was to be crowned. To have a kingdom was to Malfaul impossible. Yet, for some unknown and dark reason, Malfaul agreed to accept the kiss of shade.

From then on, Malfaul's forehead was always covered by hair until his dying days, and it is surmised this is where the mark of Ank'kahen was placed.

On the day that the king Grimdal passed of unknown circumstances, it is said that Malfaul smiled for the first time since his day of birth. With only one choice of heir, Alstain was crowned at the age of sixteen. The kingdom rejoiced in the fond hope that even with their king fallen, this new liege would lead them to another era of prosperity.

Dalmar and Malfaul did not sit idly by, however. As custom, they were sent to find kingdoms of their own.

Dalmar created the kingdom of Agalsand, hidden deep within the sacred desert of Stillwind. He pledged his allegiance to Alstain's rule and promised that should the need arise, he would aid him in war.

Malfaul, however, began his own kingdom. Alstain and Dalmar were oblivious to their brother's cruel-hearted deeds as he began to grow his kingdom into a monstrous fortress. Rather than forge it for decoration as his brothers had done, he built it not only for intimidation but for perfect defense.

Ank'kahen warned Malfaul of a fact he had not been aware of. Though Ank'kahen was with Malfaul, both Alstain and Dalmar had patron gods of their own, as Kings should. Malfaul scoffed that he was prepared for this.

Yet none of the brothers, or indeed, the gods, had ever known of the blessing that the chosen three had been given.

Grimdal had loved all of his children equally and as they had grown, he had gone to a god. He asked that the god bestow upon them a power that befit their rule.

The god was the god of kings, Akar, but he was also the god of comedy. Though Akar was known for keeping promises, he was also known for causing a small amount of chaos.

He had given Alstain the power to enlighten his people and gave him the ability to manipulate light.

He had given Dalmar the power to resolve all differences between his people and given him the eye of foresight.

He had given Malfaul the power to instill fear within his people with his presence and the power to lead the shades.

For each king, he gave a weapon with which to lead their people.

To Alstain, he gave the Gauntlet of Prosperity, which blessed him with magical might and great strength.

To Dalmar, he gave the Staff of Epoch, which blessed him with control over the timelines and the ability to understand what he must do for peace.

To Malfaul, he gave the Blade of Dread, which gave him great skill in physical combat and devoured the souls of those he slew.

Each weapon was mighty in its own right, and each was meant to fight the other. Malfaul knew of this but he was prepared. When the blade was within his hand, Ank'kahen spoke to him again, and he was prepared to rise up.

Whether Dalmar knew of his insurrection, he gave no notice. Yet it was on the thirtieth anniversary of their father's grave passing that he decided to begin his war.

As the war began, the age of immortals ended, and the people saw Shades for the first time in millennia.

It was then that we all truly knew fear.

Malfaul's legacy had begun.

((OOOOOOK, so we all went to the citadel, there were these shadow things that didn't change, Layel summoned her dragon, Shae got in using the shadow realm, Tybalt summoned a monster that copies exactly what you do to it, Castor stabbed it with riftception, then Xavier decapitated it, it turns out that the minor gods were a spawn of Malfaul and instead of killing Malfaul, we're part of his game to kill us all where we run around his citadel, with a torch, or we die, and the rooms reorganise randomly, so we have to stay together, the exit is sealed behind us!))

((That is up to date, all that changed was that Malfual teleported everyone to a new room... which we're not entirely sure what that looks like but its further inside the citidel. And Xavier gave someone else (anyone who wants it) a torch while keeping his own torch. Thael's most recent post is just extra info on Malfaul's story.))

(Thanks. Do they know that the minor gods are spawn of Maufal?)

(K)

THAT. WAS. IT. Marion felt like she would never be calm, or even any emotion but angry, again. This was a trap, was it?! She would figure out how to best him, that idiot, that... that... Marion couldn't even find a word to express it. She had never been so angry in her entire life. Her arrows lighting up in her quiver, she let loose shaft after shaft at the beast, at its head, striking with as much accuracy and precision as she could. Wow, good aim. her minor god said, but angrily she told it to shut up, she had been betrayed.

(( Yes, and I hope that it's interesting to read. :3 ))

Castor laid upon the ground, unable to move for the pain. When they were teleported, he simply stayed upon the floor, coughing.

"Dammit." he cursed, his back aching. The blast had knocked all of the wind out of him. He could hear them fighting and he wished to join them.

His blade hovered in the air just mere feet from where he lay, perhaps two. He struggled to stand, his whole body shaking with the effort.

He limped towards his sword and grabbed it, immediately feeling the surge of cosmic power rush through him. He began to pull it from the rifts, yanking it from the beast's physical form. Now that the beast's reality was nearing its end, it was the duty of the herald of space to end it.

He painfully raised the blade and held it skyward, above his head. Sparks flew from it from where it had been in the rifts, power still infusing the magical metal.

With a great muster of strength, he forced himself to run forward and prepare himself for a powerful strike.

As soon as the beast was within range, he drew back the blade, feeling all of the energy within the room course into it.

He then shove it forward with all of his might, the blade piercing the beast's horrific flesh and sending a blast of power outward. Electricity blew forth as the beast exploded from the sheer amount of spacial energy that soared within it.

Then, covered with disgusting bits of beastflesh and desperately want for a bath, Castor fell to the ground, unconscious.

(AWWW, you're too sweet. And it's time for that thing to die.)

The beast made a large mess, but the decapitated head was still lolling about. When they teleported, Tybalt had come face to face with the beast. His eyes widened and he tensed, because it was more horrifying than even a gorgon's. Because the face that stated back... Was his own. He fought the reaction as best he could, but seeing a twisted version of oneself doesn't just cause minimal psychological damage. His eyes rolled back into his head, partially from shock and partially from the blow when he landed the teleport.

As soon as Shae had finally gotten into a position to stab her shadow enemy, she had been forcefully ejected from the Shadow Realm and thrown to the floor in a whole separate room from where everything had started. Coughing and shrinking into a feeble position, Shae had to regain her sense of sight, which was all jumbled up and spinning, before she could see what exactly was going on. That's when another explosion occurred and she watched as the self-proclaimed leader pass out onto the floor.

Heh! Serves him right. You should end his suffering now before things get any worse, maybe you should just kill everyone here before they are aware of your presence. Oh, pity me, I forgot the strains of selection and blah, blah, blah. Tch. At least you're getting better at handling my realm, why any longer and that beastie would've been slain.

Shae shook her hand and, as soon as she was able, moved into the darker parts of the room. No, she didn't want to kill anybody, but she didn't want to be noticed either. For now, she'd remain in the shadows and observe, waiting to see the events as they unfolded. Something dawned on her, though, as she reflected on some words Noctal had said. Brother?

Oh, well, he's more like a half-brother in a manner of speaking. Nothing to worry about, though, if I wanted you dead I would've sent my pets after you. Then again, I probably could've sent them to assist you too, huh? Need not matter anymore, you've got other things to worry about. Like Malfaul's little game. Oh, but what kind of rules did he emplace?

((So, let me get this straight, all eight of our minor gods are actually derivatives of Malfaul? What a twist in the plot, if that's the case.))

Edited by zakku_uchiha

(( Like I said, it's up to interpretation. Perhaps they are, perhaps they aren't. Always keep in mind that Malfaul's castle feed on deceit, and he was known to lie. Take all of his words with a grain of salt for that is the only way to survive in the Dreaded Kingdom. ))

As Castor lay upon the floor, unconscious, he began to drift off into the realm of slumber, half awake and half asleep. His mind was pulled away to a sort of lucid dream and this is what he saw.

A kingdom stood before the boy, towering high into the majestic skies. Sunlight cascaded down its walls like a waterfall, bathing the entire form of it in a halo of pure righteousness. The very image of the kingdom filled him with a sense of safety and security that left him breathless but for want to know who owned this place.

Suddenly, he was within it, walking down the cobblestones of its inner city, his face forced to look only at the castle but not unpleasantly. He was drawn to it without any sort of reason besides its very image. A castle seemingly forged from solid gold.

As he stood before the gates, he saw some sort of visage. A man dressed in regal attire. He holds out his hand to him.

The dream suddenly feels frightening. The visage of the king begins to tear away until it is an ethereal skeleton, bony fingers clasping the boy's hand painfully. The eternal grin of the corpse beamed at him as the castle behind began to tear away until it resembled a kingdom of utter fear.

"You are mine. All of you are mine." the voice of the corpse was unmistakable. "You will submit. You will fall. In the end, all of you will serve me, as all always have."

The sky begins to tear open. From the rift torn within the confines of the very air, a dark, terrifying hand begins to reach down towards the kingdom. All of the earth begins to be sucked into the rift, castle and all.

As the skeleton begins to be torn into the rift, his grin never falters.

"TAKE. FESTER. LIVE."

Castor suddenly awoke from the stone floor, breathless. He looked up frantically. Seemingly appeased, he placed a hand upon his forehead and began to draw air as much as he could.

Soon, however, his fear was replaced by instant curiosity as he realized where they were.

"Is this the castle?!" he asked, both apprehensive and excited.

(( I HOPE YOU GUYS NOTICED SOMETHING I DID BECAUSE IT ADDED TO THE STORY.

The original chant was Take Fester Serve. Because Malfaul is returning and darkness is beginning to rise to take the world, the shades wish to become the masters rather than the servants.

Take. Fester. LIVE. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

No, earlier on in the beginning when I talked about the shades, they said take. fester. serve. I swear. Anyway, someone respond to Castor. I think one other person hasn't yet said what their character has done.

And if anyone wants, monkey is backing out of this RP. Xavier is up for grabs by anyone, even someone who isn't in the RP yet. If you have a friend you want in here, grab them. I don't give a censorkip.gif. ))

((Wait, Thael, Xavier's sheet is TestProNinja's... Thain would be up for grabs by Monkey since Monkey had owned the sheet.

And the original original said Take. Fester Live. Yet it's been changed to now fit with what Thael said, not by me, but it has been edited wink.gif *remembers these things well*))

"I would believe this is some part of the citidel." Layel spoke up, inadvertantly shoving Venril off her as she tried to stand. She fell over when the dragon tried to climb on her back, loosing her balance as the creature basically tackled her. The dragon let up, seeming to have a smirk as Layel glared at the creation. So much for it being completely obidient.

She reflects you in a way. I never said it was premanent. Her tides change as yours do. For better, or sometime worse, depending on where they were set in the beginning.

Veserae's words made sense to Layel but she doubted if anyone else could have heard them that they would understand. It was mainly metephorical, though she thought this way a lot to begin with so she was used to it.

"Hopefully that's the last blasted teleport we go through." She commented a bit harsher mainly to herself, picking up her fallen staff as Venril strode over to Xavier. She seemed to want to hold the torch, or at least carefully light up the dimmer one a bit more.

((Wow, I don't watch the forum for one day and Thael unintentionally gives away my character, wheeew, thanks hatch, I might take Thain. If there are no people who want to join in or desperately want Thain :L))

Xavier gave the torch to Layel, smirking as she was mounted by the dragon, he wondered where Eldan was, because he hadn't spoke to him in a while, Eldan? Xavier questioned, Yes, I am here, master... What's wrong? The shade, it... attacked me... I am ok though, are you? Yeah, I guess... Xavier wondered what the shade actually wanted to do, did it want to attack Eldan? did it want to kill him? What did it want?

"WHAT DID YOU WANT!" Xavier literally screamed randomly, then shock spread to his face when he realised he had just spoken that, He breathed in heavily, then looked to Castor.

"So what's the big idea anyway? leading us into a TRAP! You're on Malfaul's side aren't you?" he strode towards Castor, only a foot away. "Aren't you!" He pushed Castor backwards onto his behind.

Edited by TestingProNinja

Layel took the torch, looking from it to Venril as the dragon watched the torch intently. She couldn't rightly find the 'perfect' place to keep the torch, though she didn't doubt she couldn't just figure some way to attach it to her cloak or something. That way she could still have it, but not constantly be holding it.

The dragon suddenly blew a small spurt of fire, turning around to see Xavier push Castor to the ground after his sudden outburst. She growled at him feircely, probably picking up from Layel's shock and anger. Veserae did say she mirrored her creator in a way, and that way depended on the events before it. For now it seemed to directly mirror what Layel was indirectly feeling.

"Xavier, quit!" Layel suddenly spoke, surprising herself even. She was mainly fed up with this castle now, though she didn't actually mean to yell that. At least it wasn't worse than that.

But what was she going to do with a torch in one hand and a staff in the other?

Venril knew.

The dragon bolted at Xavier, a bit of fire licking at her mouth as she jumped to tackle him, knocking him onto Castor mostly on accident. She tried her best to get into a position to pin Xavier, not noticing Castor was in the mix. The flames were slowly finding their way out of her barred teeth, though they did not burn anyone. Luckily for those two, the unpredictable dragon hadn't decided to use her poison. Lucky for Layel too, who was now wondering what trick Veserae was pulling as her order for Venril to get off had no effect.

Figure a way to keep the torch, but not obstruct your weapon-weilding ability.

Sure, now she actually gave a full-throttle opinion on something.

(( Apologies. I was tired when I posted that. ))

"Are you serious!?" Castor grunted, agitated. He was still quite exhausted from what he had just done and still shaken from his nightmare. To make matters worse, he was still trying to forgive that greedy girl Catherine and fix all of the problems in the group thus far. Now Xavier was accusing him of working with a dark force such as Malfaul?

After Layel had knocked Xavier down and caused a scene, hurting Castor again in the process, Castor had finally reached his limit. He immediately stood to his feet, his face dark, pushing Xavier off of him.

He slashed the air in front of his face but this time in a different sort of bladestroke.

Large bubbles appeared around Layel and Xavier, trapping them and preventing them from causing anymore damage.

"Layel, I know you were just trying to defend me but that's only going to make matters worse." Castor frowned, agitated. "I can't believe you though, Xavier. I know we don't know each other well but why the HELL would I serve Malfaul in any world? What purpose would I have to be led by a madman?"

He covered his face with his hand in annoyance and took a deep breath.

"Look. I'll say it the way Tybalt would. We're all in really deep censorkip.gif right now." he cursed. "It doesn't matter where our loyalties lie or what we did in the past, all that matters is surviving this place. If you really don't trust me, know now that Malfaul was never known to take on any workers besides his loyal shades. I have no desire to ever serve him regardless." he finished, his anger subsiding.

"Now calm the hell down and actually help us think logically for a moment. Fighting amongst ourselves will only feed the castle and make things even worse."

He released them both, sighing.

"Sorry.. I sort of lost it for a moment."

Shae sighed and decided it was probably time to make her appearance. Figuring that if she settled in the shadows for too long, if she made a sudden appearance the group could deem her as an enemy and that'd be too much trouble. So, quietly, she left the shadows and came up quietly just behind Castor, watching as he snared the other two within some sort of bubble.

It wouldn't be hard to stab him now. You're right behind him and he is yet aware of your presence. It doesn't matter if the other two see you, just dive into the Shadow Realm and strike them down when they least expect it. Heheh. Ah, just tap him on the back and watch his reaction, I bet he'll be surprised to see you so suddenly.

Of course, the former suggestion was not even an option, these people had yet to do anything to Shae that would label them as potential targets. Yet, that is to say. So, Shae went with the latter alternative and tapped Castor on the shoulder, only to back up a few paces after she had done so. With his temper on the reigns, she didn't want to risk suddenly getting swung at, being misinterpreted as an enemy.

((But, but, but, Venril the dragon knocked Castor and Xavier over... not Layel... she was trying to order Venril off. She didn't even move!))

Layel was pissed when Castor accused her, of all people, of actually helping in Xavier's cause. The bubble deal didn't make this any better. Of all things too, the dragon had stepped to the side and seemed to be laughing. Laughing.

That did it. Don't blame me. You created the damn creature.

She still, remarkably, held the torch and had more than half a mind to chuck it at Castor's face. But she didn't. She didn't even move when he released her. No facial expression changed from the stone-cold look she had when she got trapped and nothing else even seemed to incline that she was even angry.

But from then on, she didn't wish to speak anymore. Not to Castor, not to anyone. Even Veserae, who was silently laughing at her stupidity in the decision.

He misunderstood. This castle does horrible things to you. Silence is not the answer that it used to be.

The dragon, well she was circling around to get behind Castor. She had noticed Shae appear and was curious once again instead of full of laughter. All trace of mischievious aire was gone and curiosity mixed with apprehension and caution came about. The dragon didn't necessarily trust Shae, not having met her or been informed that a Shadow-walker was in their group. Layel didn't seem inclined to make note of friend or foe either, so that delved to be opened by Venril herself. Was this odd girl a friend? She had the weapon of one of the gods. Must be. Right?

Perhaps not. Foe then? Shae didn't give off a super-foe aire to her. She didn't smell evil. She didn't smell or act like that demon-shadow either.

Do not harm unless they intend to harm me or yourself. If anyone else gets harmed, then feel free to rip off a limb. That's it.

Layel's cold words echoed in the dragon's mind. She blinked once, making note of the order. Limb and maybe a finger or five? The creation answered back with a hint of the mischievious aire she held before. That will do. Veserae answered in both Layel's mind and Venril's.

The dragon felt all too happy about that to Layel, but showed no outward sign of that happiness.

(( Castor had a dragon that he knew was Layel's just slam him into the face without warning. He didn't know that she hadn't commanded that - he just knew she owned the dragon.

So, what would you do in that scenario? ))

Castor felt slightly depressed when he noticed the cold air that now surrounded Layel's being. He had not meant to anger her but dammit he wasn't about to be labeled as a traitor.

Not that he blamed them, he supposed sadly. The castle was made to cause these sort of feelings, cause people to feel more and more isolated and alone. Then, when they were all separated, it began to pick them off, one by one, their bodies becoming feasts for the Shades.

"Layel.. I.." he began, concerned but did not continue his speech. He knew her well enough to know that that would not be enough. She would brood, like a silent flame and burn brighter within herself until the moment came she could unleash the fire on some unlucky individual.

In some cases, literally.

(( Of course not.

Goodness me.

Castor is wearing chain mail under his tunic, remember? A poke is sort of hard to feel with that on.

I suppose I should have clarified that. ))

((If no-one claims Thain by tomorrow, Australian time, I'll take him))

While Xavier was in the bubble, he withdrew his sword and began slashing at it,

"WHAT THE censorkip.gif IS THIS?!!!" Xavier screamed, continuously slashing at the bubble, once he was let down, he felt the need to go over to Castor and teach him a lesson, but all he did was take off his gauntlets and sigh, now rubbing his eyes.

"I... don't know what came over me, I guess it's the castle, it's-" Xavier murmured when he suddenly fell to the ground again, same pain coursing through his veins like a poison, Eldan cries of pain in his mind, his mouth was almost instinctively open, his eyes frozen, then it was gone again... He stood up, then fell to the floor again, feeling fatigued as if he just ran an entire marathon.

((But it wasn't a poke, it was a tap... tch... fine...))

When a little dragon appeared, Shae scooted back even further and upon hitting the comfort of the shadows, she sunk down and back into her own realm. Sighing in relief, Shae looked at the shadow form of the small dragon and decided to observe it for the time being. What was it? Where had it come from? Why was it watching her? Shae sighed and sat down, propping herself with her hands and watching the group. Still, something hadn't felt right, the Shadow Realm felt a bit more... sinister than usual. It wasn't a huge bother, but it did put Shae on guard.