Thaelasan

Dreaded Kingdom

Tybalt signed and took Laydel's hand, quietly squeezing it. She had lived like him as well... In a different way. Catherine was still childlike and innocent... Naive to a fault to be sure. But she had never known hatred like Tybalt and Laydel. Tybalt had hated everyone when he was young. He knew exactly how people felt towards him, and many horrid men coming in and out of his life. He had known the taste of hate, and he had rejected it. Poor Laydel had lived with it most her life. He let go of her hand so hopefully she would know he only meant for comfort, and not anything else. "Castor and Xavier are eager to go... We may need to get moving... It seemed pretty urgent.

You're forgetting Shae you little censorkip.gif !!! the minor god fussed. Tybalt jumped. "Oh. Shae?! Where did you go...?"

Edited by lycrawaterz14

((did you mean to say Xavier lycra? because Cortes is the name of my other character in another role play :3, I like to use very Spanish/Conquistador names. -=AFTERNOTE=- I just saw my last post had Cortes all over it... Whoopsies!))

Xavier was now peaking in embarrassment, people found it more interesting to go comfort some greedy little girl than to respond to what he said, almost completely ignored for a second time, Xavier was brimming on explosion. You know, I don't have to deal with this... censorkip.gif! I could march right down there, and show some freaking demons who's boss, I don't need the help of this gang of misfits, they would probably get in my way more than help. Now Now, no need to get frustrated, just take one look at that sword and see where this is heading Xavier begrudgingly glance at his sword and realised that it had shrivelled to the form of a rusty, crumbling rapier. You know what? censorkip.gif you old man, I can handle myself without you talking in my head, Xavier jerked the rapier out of the ground, supressing his anger slightly, his rapier lost it's rust and mis-use, See? I don't need you! He thought harshly to the voice in his head, Whatever you say, young knight.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? censorkip.gif YOU ALL!" Xavier retorted aloud, "WE COULD BE HALFWAY UP THE CITADEL RIGHT NOW IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR! ... DRAMA!" Xavier breathed in slowly, calming himself slightly, "All I'm saying is, we need to get this over with, we can't just sit here complaining about our worldly problems as the KING OF ALL EVIL RESSURECTS HIMSELF TO AN IMMORTAL STATE!" anger frothing back through his spirit as he came to the realisation of his current state.

I need, to go, just F*censorkip.gif* kill something! Xavier sighed mentally, tears appearing around his eyes suddenly, he ran towards the citadel, noticing a bird in the distance and randomly drove his sword through its body, echoing the death cry throughout the area.

Thain had kept his comments to himself about weather they should have practiced with their new found weapons or just charge straight into the dark maws of the Citadel of their enemy. He knew he could trust and follow Castor anywhere as even though he was younger, Thain had always trusted him and knew that Castor was smart enough to get them out of trouble, but as for the rest of their group he just hoped that they could hold their own and not become trouble for the group. He decided that he needed to send up a prayer to the gods so that they could provide safe travels on this dangerous journey. Please hear my call oh mighty gods. I pray that you will guide us on our journey to defeat the Dark Lord Malfaul and provide that we will all return safely. He prayed this in his head as he leaned on the golden hammer.

Why should I help you on this journey? I still do not know if your even worthy to wield my mighty power.

Thain was puzzled for a moment as he heard the voice in his head and than realized that the gods had finally answered his many prayers. Oh mighty god, why do you doubt your devote servant?

Well first, you haven't proven your worthiness to me, so maybe I won't even lend you my power and you'll just end up wielding my majestically crafted hammer. The voice said in his head as it was still reluctant to reveal itself.

Thain was getting frustrated with the god's voice and reluctance to help in their journey. Well how can I even trust you? You still haven't identified which god you really are.

The voice scoffed him his head. How dare you not recognize your very own patron god, for I am the Minor God of the Forge, Cragnus.

Forgive my rudeness. Thain made the symbol of the gods on his chest which made the chain mail he wore under his white cloak chink. I never thought you would ever speak to me personally.

It is alright. I guess I will accept your humbleness and will share my power with you. I shall teach you how to wield my powers properly so that you will not have to train like the others may have to. I do hope you can keep up with my teachings or I will have to use you as fuel for my forge. Cragnus told the young blacksmith who now wielded the power of metal in his hands.

Heh. You humans embody the seven deadly sins. Typical. Tybalt's patron chuckled. Tybalt merely sighed. "Yeah, sure. Then who is who." He grumbled. Well... Catherine is greed. Xavier is wrath. Castor is pride. Laydel is envy. You are clearly a glutton. Need I go on? It seemed smug. "Perhaps. But that doesn't mean a thing."

Catherine cleared her throat as the self proclaimed leader took a huge book out of his robe- not weird at all... Catherine was about to excuse herself back home when Xavier (She remembered his name was.) started yelling at them, she knew his words were mainly directed at her and she seemed to shrink as he continued yelling, his sword just a tad bit smaller. "I-" she was about to apologize for her greed when he shot a bird. An innocent bird. Marching up to him and her eyes burning with fury she glared at him, "What was that for?!?" She screamed, knowing fully that she had no right to. It should have been me... Catherine thought, glaring at the ground tears were threatening to spill.

Umm... Masochistic alert? Lora spoke up after a long silence.

Xavier sighed to remove his frustrations, he breathed heavily and smoothly as Catherine stormed up to him, he looked into the previously fearful eyes, now filled with fury and dedication. As she screamed at him, all Xavier could do was plaster a small smirk on his face, realising the irony of the situation.

"So, at least I know now how to motivate you." Cortes jokingly commented, "If you care for this..." he gestured towards the bird now at his feet, "Thing! at all, you will help us. Because if you DON'T help us, That son of a B**** is gunna come out here and, KILL. US. ALL." Xavier emphasised the last few words to stress it's importance, now gesturing to everything around him, "So, if you don't want to end up as a pile of slightly smoking flesh, come with us."

Contrary to my initial thoughts of you, I don't think you are the most honor-bound person here, Yeah? well get used to it gramps I say! how rude of you!

"You had to kill this bird to get your point across?" Catherine asked seething with anger, "I get it already!" She bent down scooping up the poor bird and turned around her back facing Xavier, "Come on, Sarah will take really good care of you..." She muttered quietly to the bird, beginning to walk away.

Oh, so your ignoring me now? How dare you! The nerve! Lora growled, "Ok, okay, I'm sorry, what?"

((Lycra: There's no d in Layel's name wink.gif ))

Layel was annoyed with all the yammering and screaming even more so than with Tybalt's odd gesture of kindness. Or at least she prefered to think of it as kindness. Castor didn't seem to do much other than write in a large book. She glanced to see part of the words as he wrote it. She figured he would write something about her sometime if he already hadn't.

Her recent outburst rendered her silent again, though mostly due to not wanting to interfere with whatever anyone argued about. They all seemed to argue about different things.

We need to move. That's been said already. It is true however. Get them to cease arguing and move! Veserae commented, being more forceful toward the end. Layel didn't say anything. A long sigh responded to her lack of words. You proved already you are not mute. You proved to care more than you show. Do one of those and get them to move!

Layel responded to that with a sigh of her own before opening her mouth to speak. "Arguing about anything won't get us anywhere.... literally." She then glared at Xavier, walking closer to him. "You, should know better than to be such an ass as to shoot a bird for motivation. Especially now that you're essentially threatening to kill a whole flock to force someone to come with. That itself is absolutely no way to have someone come with you." She scolded, very disappointed with Xavier. She didn't bother to listen to his excuses or arguments though, seeing no need. It was heartless and downright wrong. No excuses or arguments were going to change that fact.

"Catherine... I'm sorry for seeming to yell at you before. I do not wish you to leave, as I stated somewhere in my rant before this, and that still holds true. If you leave we can't do this. I'll make sure Xavier here doesn't shoot down anymore birds or anything else, including us."

Tybalt just looked lost with everyone bickering. He returned to Castor. "Some team we have... Not quite a team huh..." He sighed. "I fear this is my fault. We had kept moving perhaps we wouldn't have fought..." Tybalt looked in his book. "What are you writing?"

"Yeah I know, I'm going to say goodbye to my siblings and bury this poor bird with my...." Catherine didn't finish her sentence before starting a new one, "I'll be back in about an hour and I swear to the heavens ill come back and go with you." Catherine promised.

Well you and Tybalt anyway, I'd stab the others in the back in a heartbeat if I had to.

What?! These people are your comrades! All of them, cleanse yourself of these impure thoughts! Lora demanded angrily.

Edited by mipuppy1

Do I have to do this myself?

Layel ignored Veserae for a moment, nodding to Catherine. She didn't say anything else to Catherine as she traveled back to where she stood before. It seemed a safe spot. Free of yammering and annoying screams.

"It's not just your fault Tybalt. Hardly yours at all. Matter-o-fact, I doubt it is to begin with." She started, catching his comment. "Might as well be my fault. If I hadn't lost my temper before we might not be bickering... granted, we may not have Catherine to begin here now again, but still." She added, shutting up once he asked what Castor was writing. She knew enough to know what he was writing.

Shae now walked the streets of the town, long separated from the group that was supposedly destined to destroy Malfaul. What she had learned in the Shadow Realm was astounding. While she had been in the Shadow Realm, there was a town within identical to the one she grew up in. Except, nothing had any sort of dramatic color and felt like a ghost town. Except it wasn't. Whoever roamed the streets in the natural world was a dull gray apparition in the Shadow Realm, just as any object that was capable of casting a shadow. However, as the day grew older and the longer she remained in the realm, Shae felt this ever growing burden on her arm that held her weapon.

Upon returning to the mainland, Shae felt exhausted and had to rest for a bit before moving along the streets as she usually did. Passing by shops and stands, when no one was paying any mind, she would nab a loaf of bread or a slab of meat. Darting off before the owner could take notice to the missing item. Turning down an alley, she felt she was about to be free of wandering eyes when she suddenly bumped into something rather solid. Looking in front of her, there stood a giant of a man that was accompanied by several others. Grunting, she instantly recognized the group. Bear Den. It's origin was primarily due to the person she had bumped into, rumors saying he had been raised by a family of bears.

"Ah, hello there lass. It seems you've made a wrong turn. Oy and what do we have here? Meat and bread? I'd be more than delighted to take that off your hands."

Shae grunted and pulled the food closer to her body. This was no less her food than it was going to be theirs. Tienna, Bradley, Erica, this food was for the orphans who also inhabited these alleys. Without her, they would probably starve and she didn't want that to happen. She had vowed to feed and protect them, since no one else would. Now, this gang of misfits and cradle robbers were going to cause her trouble.

"Oh? Not going to share then? Guess we'll have to take it from ya, won't we boys?"

They all snickered and pounded their fists into their palms, as if that was really interrogating. Looking about, Shae tried to find a decent escape route that would keep her from returning to the streets. It'd be bothersome and she didn't want to risk being caught by anyone else.

Why don't you just kill them? It'd be easy for you, since you're small, nimble, and quick-witted. Just put a few holes in the big guy, that should scare the rest off... maybe.

For a second, Shae thought Noctal was just being sarcastic again, but the silence and the tone of her voice was all but. Killing wasn't on Shae's agenda, not for anyone except those responsible for her parents gruesome murder. Yet, upon consideration, this group was nothing but trouble to the public on a much larger scale than what Shae did and disbanding them would probably be a benefit for the kids as well.

Do it. Rip has life away and strike fear into the hearts of the others. Use my gift to you and spread my name as the scurry away with soiled pants.

Shae nodded and before the big man could make a move of his own, she darted around until she was on his back.

Castor had yet again decided not to intervene, as that would only exacerbate the problem. Instead, he had actually been completely ignorant of anything around him until Tybalt had asked him a question.

"Er what?" he turned, confused, until the question registered.

"Oh, I'm simply writing down a few notes and reading over some history artifacts of forgotten lore." he shrugged. "Passes the time while people decide to become lunatics. We haven't even moved into the citadel and we're already bickering and complaining as though it was bedtime and we were seven again.

It's almost as though just being in the presence of the citadel has made us both demoralized and dark. It's astounding, really, and makes me regret having taken my weapon. The only two people I know well in this group are you and Thain. As for the others, not only do I know only bits and pieces, I can't seem to get their attention or their loyalty. If this is the force that is destined to crush Malfaul in his last act of defiance, then I'd have to say we're damned."

He sighed.

"It's quite extraordinary. While you people have been off gallivanting and arguing, I've been speaking with Valen, and he has truly opened up my view of the cosmos. You would not believe how large the universe really is. Also, it turns out that with only a bit of manipulation and some calculation, my sword can actually cut rifts into space and move between the dimensions. It's fascinating. Watch!"

He placed the book by his side and grasped Pollux+ with both hands, steadying himself into a bladesman's form that he learned at the academy. Almost as fast as the leap of a fish, he was into a completely different persona. His eyes were narrowed, his sword bared.

He then slashed upward at the thin air with a mighty cleave that most likely would have caused great damage to the warrior in front of him.

If anyone had watched the blade intently, they would have seen stars flash upon it and would have observed a sort of distortion in the air around the blade.

For a moment, nothing seemed to happen. Then, quite suddenly, a quick but loud clap like thunder whispered into the air. It was a strange sound to describe. It seemed to be less in decibels the farther one was from the slash but also seemed very close, yet as far as the other side of the world.

Then, there was a flash of blinding light. A hole, almost like the ones torn into the dark prison, began to rip into the air. Farther away, another hole ripped into space, the exit placed much closer to the citadel door.

Castor grinned happily.

"I had not had a chance yet to attempt it! This is so damned astounding!" he cried ecstatically. He reached a hand into the portal.

Far away, at the exit, his hand reached out, and he waved to himself.

"IT'S JUST.. IT'S JUST.." he began to reach for words with great enthusiasm. "OH IT'S SOMETHING. Tybalt! Try it!"

Xavier watched his sword as Catherine walked away, slowly growing back to the form of a longsword, Thought so, only going to be a burden... That's not the right attitude to have about it! You need to see it as an opportunity to nurture and care for the lass until she becomes confident Or... every time I need a little boost in my sword, I'll just knock her out? No, No, NO! not at all, that would be increasingly horrid for her health... and her skull. Xavier then drew his attention to the figure that stood before him and began loud mouthing at him, "Got any better ideas?" Xavier glared back towards Layel, a sarcastic look in his eyes. He pulled up his tunic sleeve, clinking the plate mail he wore underneath, after exposing his bicep, one would notice a large mass of vertical scars covering his entire bicep, each group of four with a diagonal scar through it, like the tallys that people do to count days in prison.

"See this? this is how many people I've killed, I tried counting it once, but gave up at 50. So if you think some stupid bird will phase me, think again. As for everyone here, I'm going to the citadel." Xavier seriously commented.

He began to stride towards the citadel, with a broadsword over his shoulder.

Layel shook her head at Xavier with an annoyed air. "Doesn't phase me. I've met with much worse. If I'd have shown you how many people may or may not have died by my hand you wouldn't necessarily be surprised, but you wouldn't necessarily be unimpressed either." She stated matter-of-factly. "And as for some 'stupid' bird, your actions for threatening still weren't justified. No matter what you think. No one deserved threatening, nor did an innocent bird need-be shot just so you can use it as leverage. Otherwise we've got reason to consider you for leverage later." The 'we've' sounded somewhat odd in that sentence. Almost as if she meant for the birds to be a part of it too.

But Layel had made a few many friends over her years of travel, animals included. Some weren't your usual animal, though most of them were. One bird definitely stood out in all of that, though he likely never would come around these parts.

Finally someone goes to that damned fortress. The sorceress smiled slightly at Veserae's comment. Indirectly perhaps she had gotten someone to go. Either way, she had fulfilled the minor goddess' order. Someone went.

Castor was fooling with his weapon and powers, which Layel had to admit it was rather cool, after the small talk with Xavier. She watched the demonstration, thinking about her own staff. You actually do wonder for once! The comment struck her as odd. But then, she was overpowered with a different feeling and the urge to listen to Veserae. For once it was actually an urge, not just a commonplace for her.

Your staff has the ability to summon a dragon dear child, though this dragon has limitations. If it gets too far away from you, the dragon will start turning to stone. This can be reversed if you return to a respectable distance, though it is very vulerable at this time and is extremely liable to be smashed. Once this happens, you may feel some sort of sharp pain... not every time, but if the blow was harsh enough, it's very possible. That's a sideffect you'll probably get used to.

Yes, of course, it is able to be resummoned, though I advise you to wait for a while until you summon it again. The 'regeneration' process takes time, and interrupting that may cause the dragon to become volitile to you instead of anything who you seek to destroy. It is not very large either. Viscious, but not large...

There was a pause for a moment and Layel wondered if Veserae had forgotten something. She didn't sound finished.

The staff also has the capability to use this dragon's abilities. Not all at once, and the sustaining of the abilities is directly proportionate to your stamina as well as the dragon's stamina combined or deciding factor in the matter.

Deciding factor? A long sigh. Say you use fire. Dragons in general can only sustain that fire for a certain length of time, though you knew this already. Why are you making me explain it? Deciding factor has not been used to determine how long one would breathe fire for. Very well. Anyway, this slight increase in stamina if we take into consideration yours, will not be all-significant. But it will help. I do not believe I have to explain to you that crashing down doors will likely be impossible, unless others help with this. Nor do I have to remind you that you won't be able to constantly be using one type of ability. Some of them actually require physical stamina to be used. As should know, magical abilities for humans require mental stamina and in some cases also physical stamina.

Veserae seemed finished then, and Layel really didn't need the refresher. She seemed to come 'back to reality' too, after guessing she looked as if she was in a trance or something and actually apologized for seeming 'off'.

But Layel also was inclined to try at least one of these techniques. She couldn't decide which one would be better first, though Veserae had her own suggestions. Try the summoning. You'll get the feeling of it now and not be caught off-guard later if you need to use it. Plus, it may be useful into being a makeshift scout until you choose to desummon it or it dies. So Layel did exactly that and allowed her mind-set to shift.

The air around her glowed faintly for a brief second before the staff's crystal took that glow and amplified it just a tad more. Barely noticable, but still noticable. It lasted just as brief however and soon nothing seemed to happen. Right as Layel began to think this may have been a waste, she felt strange all of a sudden. Almost as if she was connected with another being's mind other than Veserae's- which was strange in itself- and then saw an odd small dragon materialize right next to her.

It's golden-amber eyes eyed her for a moment, the size of the dragon equalling that of a child roughly near four feet tall. It was mainly a dark forest green and Western styled with four legs, two wings and a tail. A pair of silver and gold horns was a little behind the eyes while the same two-toned color spikes ran the length of its body. The horns for the wings kept this two-toned color. The arrow-head spade on the end of the tail was a bone-white however that matched the two bone-colored rings at the base of the tail where the spikes ended. The dragon's claws also seemed to be the two-toned color while the belly-scales of the sitting dragon seemed to be a slightly shade lighter forest green.

"You weren't kidding." Layel spoke aloud, not realizing it as the dragon watched her. I do not 'kid'.

She didn't know what to do with this dragon, and backed up from it slightly. It stayed there for a few seconds, tilting its head in puzzlement before sitting next to her right after. She'll do as you tell her. Or as another tells her if you say so.

So with that information in her grasp, Layel took her eyes off the dragon for a second and looked to Castor. "Might wanna write that there's going to be a dragon roaming around my mind if its not here physically... or something. Anything. About it. Because this isn't normal." She told him with a serious, and very slightly joking, tone to it. She was serious however. The dragon never took its eyes off her, or she never did. Veserae did say she. It better not be an extension of your personality... Layel commented to the minor god. It is an embodyment of one of yours. I chose at random, so we'll see what we get. But Layel could only think that it might be psychotic. She had that unnerving look hidden inside her dragonish eyes. If it was that tormented side of Layel that came through, she knew immedietly that letting someone else even dream about controling a psychotic and murdersome dragon would be a horrible idea. Yet it probably was justified to say it would be equally horrible to have herself be owner to this creature. Just for that reason.

"Maybe we should follow Xavier's example and leave, like planned originally. Before anything else weird comes of this." Layel added after a moment's playing starring contest with the fearsome small beast. She never took her golden-amber eyes off of Layel. The sorcerer felt as if she could be hunted again. That wasn't fun to begin with, but being hunted by a dragon was so much worse.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Things hadn't turned out so well on Shae's end. After she downed the bear man, rather than retreating from the vicinity, the others had called for reinforcements. So, Shae did what she deemed best and discarded the food, taking off in the opposite direction and back down the streets. Sure, she had experience in fighting and her skills as an assassin were growing, but there were just too many people targeting her at once.

As the chase continued, Shae dashed down into another alley and, with the assistance of boxes and an assortment of other objects, made her way onto the rooftops. Of course, there were more members of Bear Den already atop the roofs and were quickly gaining on her. Quickly gaining her footing, Shae took off at a sprint, bounding across buildings with ease. Until she came to the end.

Standing at the edge, Shae looked between the ground and those chasing after her, trying to find a way out of this mess. Counting, she tallied six others on the rooftops that were closing in. Some brandished makeshift clubs while others had daggers, should she take them on it'd turn into a nasty brawl. Probably one that wouldn't end well for her. So, looking over the edge of the building once more, Shae took a deep breath and jumped.

Trying this so soon? You either learn really fast or you're just plain stupid. Not that it's any of my concern how you toss your life around.

Turning in the air, Shae had her head leading the dive, so if worse came to worse, she could execute a roll. Yet, she didn't let her concentration slip. Stretching out her arms, Shae braced for impact and was relieved to feel the tension from her first dive lap across her body. Opening her eyes, she was relieved to find herself in the Shadow Realm once again, standing atop the shadow version of the building she had just jumped from.

You take this dive thing too literally.

Feeling exasperated, Shae heaved a sigh and watched as the shadows of the men came upon her and peered over the building. Their curses echoed in the realm and Shae grinned in response to her 'victory' over the group. Then she came to terms that it was more of a defeat on her part than it was theirs. With the children still needing food, Shae knew she would need to return, but with the group on alert going back would cause a bit of trouble... again.

((Well, to sum it up as best I can...

most everyone is still arguing about whether or not to leave. Shae broke off from the group before anyone really realized she was even there and Catherine is trying to go tell her family/friends goodbye before they head off into the temple. So... yeah... only one (two?) people have actually started to head into the temple. Most of it can be summed up in the last like five posts or so, if you do a little back reading.

That's pretty much it in a short recap... unless anyone else wants to add to it?))

((Xavier is walking to the Citadel, Layel is saying they should leave, Tybalt is watching Castor create a dimensional rift to the citadel, Catherine is going back to her family, Shae is getting chased by a gang, and Thain is just doing whatever the hell everyone else is doing. But in general, Xavier killed a bird as leverage for Catherine, Shae lift the group, Layel gave Xavier a lecture on how to treat comrades, Castor read through his book and gave everyone a lecture on how to be a hero, Malfaul is going to kill death to become a lichbourne, an immortal zombie thingy, Layel just summoned her dragon familiar, the group has decided to not train.))

Edited by TestingProNinja

(( No, that's pretty accurate. :3 ))

Castor had noticed three important things during the whole series of events. Three things that stood out in his mind even over the amazement at his ability to carve rifts into space.

One was that Layel had just managed to summon a small, deadly looking dragon from seemingly out of nowhere. It appeared to be obedient.

Two was that Shae had disappeared a short while ago. Castor had erroneously assumed it was for something as trivial as using the restroom or perhaps saying goodbye to her parents.

Three was that due to much of this, they had made absolutely zero progress and time was getting short. Worse, Xavier was trying to take point.

Without further ado, Castor leapt through the rift, appearing on the other side instantaneously. He was already well ahead of Xavier and waved at him from a distance.

"Good tidings, Knight!" he yelled pleasantly. "I shall see you at the gate, I assume?"

Then, he cut another rift with a clean slice to the air and jumped further down the path, laughing like a boy who has just found his favorite toy after playing with things that didn't seem to fit.

It was almost a dance through space, if one could be so poetic in describing such a cosmic disruption. His robe trailed behind him and his sword arced in an array of fluid movement. He was in his element and he was embracing it with open arms.

As Valen had taught him, each rift must be closed as soon as possible. Rifts such as these were actually openings into the second dimension of reality. Space occupied four different dimensions, as many physicists argued. The second dimension that Castor was accessing was basically a paper version of the real one, folded over and over again to create the third dimension.

It's quite difficult to truly explain how one traveled upon the paper dimension, as it should be named. It is basically the origami that the third dimension is formed from but in its basic form.

As such, in order to picture the way it is used, imagine a.. well a piece of paper. Take it and fold it until it is crinkled like an accordion. Then, simply press the middle of the paper together as much as you like.

Now imagine standing on this paper or laying on it is the third dimension. By cutting rifts, Castor was folding up the paper dimension and simply taking a step across it.

Quite intermediate in terms of space travel, to be completely honest. Yet, to Castor, it was the realization of every hope and dream he'd ever held close to his heart, in his deepest thoughts. He'd truly wanted to manipulate space itself, having power almost akin to a god. Though he knew it was a sin to desire such a thing, he couldn't help it. Now, completely with the gods' permission, he was doing exactly that.

If you continue to learn at this rate, we may actually be able to move on to more complicated methods of space manipulation.

Really!? Like what?!?!

Hah. Calm down a little bit. Anyway, you may actually be able to learn how to manipulate the first, third, and perhaps even the fourth dimension. I'm so proud!

Castor suddenly beamed with pride as he continued to close and open rifts until he was standing before the broken gate.

It was still an awe-inspiring sight, to be sure. Chains that had once held the mighty gate closed against rams and trebuchets hung loosely at the side of the door, shattered. Fragments of the dark gates laid around the door, still smoldering from the heat of the explosion. Runes of unknown power lay glowing around the door, pulsing with energy.

Fascinated, Castor recalled something from his reading. Quickly, he took out one of his three favorite historical tomes and began to look in it.

He was correct. The runes were there but they were of a very old descent, even ancient.

"Beware all those who come within the kingdom of immortal sin. The darkened king upon his throne to build his castle of corrupted stone. May all who enter know true fear. Woe to all who enter here." Castor read, his heart sinking as he did so.

They weren't simply runes, they were both a warning and a defense. Some of the runes were made to keep something in and their power was beginning to wane. Whatever lay within the castle was something far more frightening than a corrupted mortal.

Castor closed his book with a heavy thud of paper and coughed.

The sound echoed into the maw of the gate, shattering the silence the same as breaking glass.

Yet another sound echoed back as well, and sent shivers throughout Castor's entire body and froze his feet to the desecrated ground he stood upon.

"Take. Fester. Live." it seethed, and Castor could have sworn that the shadows moved within the door.

As Xavier was approaching the citadel, Castor, rather child-like, was teleporting in and out of locations, "apparently" beating him, Xavier took no notice though, Each to their own I guess. When Xavier got closer to Castor as he was now standing at the citadel door, he noticed an echo of his book closing, with the returning echo of "Take, Fester, Live." as that continued, Xavier noticed his sword begin to dwindle, Xavier began to rush his step and virtually ran up to Castor. Upon arrival, he placed one hand on Castor's shoulder re-assuring him,

"We'll be fine, I'll handle this."

Xavier walked infront of Castor, holding his sword outward, he was surprised at how easy it was to manoeuvre this large mass of metal, as if it was only his rapier. The large shape of a broad-sword shimmered in the diminishing light as he slowly walked in,

"This place needs some light!"

Couldn't have said it better myself! Xavier rested his arm for a moment as he reached into the satchel on his side and pulled out a torch, igniting it with his flint, ((I should really leave the description to Thael, as he'll probably use it's design per-say to plan these shenanigans out)), he noticed a fragment of the door in between his feet, he lifted it and noticed it as a part that he struck, pocketing it.

Tybalt huffed and followed the two. "C'MON WE'RE LEAVING!" He called back. They seemed in a hurry, maybe one if them had noticed something he didn't... Typical. Him out of the loop. Castor was a good friend, but very thoughtless at points. He would never betray anyone, he was the most loyal person he had ever met. Sometimes he just got... Caught up.

(Yech. Sorry.)

Marion sighed and followed the group in, she was worried for Catherine and Shae, the two absent party members. Why was it even called a party anyways? It was anything but cheerful. "Shouldn't we wait for Catherine and Shae? Or see how they're doing?" she asked.

Layel considered Marion's point. They needed Catherine and Shae just as much as everyone else. "They'll come along..." She stated, backing up again. The dragon took the same exact steps and sat, this time in front of her instead of next to her.

"How about you? Do you know where they went?" She asked the dragon. The female shook her head, her tail thudding once. Of course not! She doesn't know any more than we do. Veserae responded coldly.

"Thought so. I just wanted to check."

Layel turned around to face the gate, noticing Castor playing among his time-rifts as Xavier walked. The sight was comical to her, though she didn't show it. The dragon walked beside her, happily, and stayed quiet as the sorcerer started walking.

It didn't take her very long to reach the gate, stopping beside Castor and Xavier as Castor read from his book. The dragon behind her hissed as the gate seemed to speak. Take. Fester. Live. That didn't seem right- not the dragon hissing, the words whispering in the shadows fiercely.

Xavier stepped through and Layel got a bad feeling. She trusted her instincts, though the dragon stepped forward after Xavier. They know. Who knew?

"What knows?" She asked the dragon, not really realizing the conjured creature didn't speak out loud. The shadows. She responded, her response followed by Veserae's laugh.

The dragon is capable of speaking both mentally and verbally, for better ease of relaying information to your group. She will only speak mentally to whomever it is commanding her at that moment however, and you always, so do take that into account.

The information was stored away in Layel's resources. "How about we repeat that for everyone." She told the dragon. "The shadows are aware of our presences." She said with a more grave tone than before.

Give her a name... it make it easier to order your creation around later on. You don't sound as crazy. I would think you would have one for her. Venril would be her proper name. Creative license to change it however.

"Venril?" The female dragon perked up. Layel nodded slightly. That'd be her name then. "You stay closeish to us, alright? But you're allowed to roam around and find anything. Just be careful."

(( Oh censorkip.gif Xavier grabbed a piece of the gate.

OH censorkip.gif. I HOPED SOMEONE WOULD BUT IT'S SO BAD. YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK NOW. ))

Castor felt slightly more courageous as Xavier entered but the cold chill of fear still clutched the inner depths of his heart. He shivered slightly as Xavier walked ahead, worried that the man would be slain.

Layel's presence, however, made him rethink that. Though he had tried in vain to remove any affection for her, he still felt he should prove himself to her in some way. She, like him, was a magic user, and also quite interested in intelligence rather than might as far as he knew.

He began to step into the catacombs, sword bared.

The inner sanctum of the gate was actually just a large tunnel, leading into the literal maw of the castle. The tunnel echoed with the sounds of dripping water and animals that had made nests here long ago.

At the end of the tunnel lay a large, stone door, covered in even more runes.

Castor began to approach it, motioning for everyone else to follow.