Thaelasan

Dreaded Kingdom

(( The Door of Foresight I believe.

Also, Lycra, you missed your chance to play the love interest of the main character in my comic in my other roleplay. I wanted you to take it but someone else did. Jaylacaine did. :I

Ah well, it's fine. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

(I didn't even see you had another RP. *RAGE* And I'll go find that one again after I come back from competition, it'll be like 1 in the morning or later. >_>)

((and I'm back... disappeared completely for a bit... but back.))

Layel looked through the door, worried and slightly feeling adventurous to see what was actually in store for her first. Everything was there. Everything. Which, considering, probably was both a good and bad thing. Yet, could she handle it? The truths. She owed it to herself and to her friends in their own ordeals right now to go through this. Especially herself, but especially even more to everyone else. Through the door then, to face whichever fear, joy, thought or happiness that awaited her first. "Thank you." She spoke to the shade before going through, hoping that the action would at least offer the shade what little peace was possible for it.

What awaited her wasn't exactly expected. The event wasn't all that recent, though it wasn't a terribly buried past either. It was one of the outlying towns of the city she had come back to. A younger boy of three years difference to her seventeen self was angrily taunting her as she walked calmly through the town, her old staff having turned back into a sword. Her old staff was back. That alone was different to her. But the boy still taunted, and slowly a few more people began to show up and stand around them. The boy had a weapon now, taunts still flying. Or where those rocks? Both? Both.

Her right arm moved, sword blocking the rock without much effort. All of this seemed out of her complete control though, and she knew what was going to happen next. The boy charged, his own similar sword raised high above his head in an attempt to slash from above. She parried, one slight step back as the blades collided in a satisfying clash of metal rings. Shouts were around them, though their eyes locked as the boy quickly backed up and went for a lower cut.

She jumped, springing over the low blade, and slammed her knee into his exposed shoulder. He cried out, dropping the sword. Layel landed gracefully as he scrambled to pick up the blade. More shouts. More rocks. One hitting the side of her head. Blood trickled from there, enraging her for a few seconds. Her father's words came back. 'Do not let rage guide you.' The words always rang true, though the boy rushed her again. The shoulder she attacked was his weakened point as it was his dominant arm, held slightly looser than before. But Layel wasn't going to let this scene play out like it had before. Flashes of the event appeared before her eyes. The stabbing. Crying. Pain. More shouts. Many rocks. Younger boys swarming the one who had attacked her. She fought that instinct to have it happen again.

The boy rushed her, fear now showing in his eyes slightly. Barely. But there. His dominant arm was looser than before, yet still held strong in need for the attack and collision of their blades. Layel's blade aimed, just as before, to exploit his opened defense for the kill but she looked to his eyes again. Remembering. Remembering the other souls she had taken. How they felt. Their look. His was similar. One who knew they were going to die but fought any way. She knew how that was now, truly, ever more, thanks to the fight with the shade.

The magician's blade angled, still strong, as she locked her gaze to his. His blade slid slightly at the sudden angle, dislodging the course it was going to take. Layel skirted, stepping around him, as he fell from a rock being thrown that tripped his mediocre footing. He slid in the dirt that was the road, stunned by the fall, as she stepped around to his front. More shouts.

Her sword pointed to his neck as he attempted to right himself, pausing as the metal pressed to flesh. "Dead. Now get up." She spoke, the first words she used since this fight.

The boy rose calmly, hands outstretched without the sword in either. He never left her unwavering gaze, understanding showing through in them. Confusion too. He knew he should have died. Layel knew he didn't originally deserve the death. The young soul should have lived, though her blindness in the moment had clouded that sight. Her lack of understanding prevented the life from being able to be lived.

As the boy stood still, stunned and confused, the vision blurred from Layel's sight. It was quickly changing into a more neutral moment of her childhood.